HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

CBC's Friedman on Gainey's future

Old
04-15-2009, 10:37 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Lack of results!!! ha!!!

he has had amazing results, way beyond our expectations. One year, this one, is just a freak accident that is far from over! People underachieved or got injured. Out of his control. The roster is still among the best in the league and him putting trust in people is not a reason to bash him. Look at all the other teams that were in our position in 2003. Who amongst them, who were (like us) in a market that did not allow them to tank are better than us now? The work Gainey has done has resurrected us in this league of little parity. I really hope he doesn't leave and that he gets to see the fruits of his labour. All these 5 year plans and stuff, a stupid basis for analysis. Let's say you start drafting then, having somewhere around the 11th-12th pick (exception Price), it will take awhile to get the team you "built". His offseason aquisitions this season were very good (Laraque remains to be seen, but nobody was upset about it when it happened, and ultimately he didn't prevent us from getting anyone). Lang getting injured was the key factor in our season. He seemed to be able to get anyone going and most importantly kosty (our secondary scoring). Price's sophmore year was not such a surprise.

Again, the season is by no means over. It's just beginning. Do it for Saku and do it for Bob. Go habs go!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 10:40 PM
cprice31

People here need to criticize more intelligently.

My position can be summarized by the following points.

1.) The furthest the Habs have made since 1993 was indeed in 2002 where they brought Carolina to a game 6 in round 2.

2.) Since 2003, Anaheim/Boston/Flyers/Vancouver all started in peak positions - spiralled towards the bottom - then brought themselves to levels that are better than Montreal has been since 1993. My point is clear - Boston was #1 in 2004, then went down to 14th in the east - then went to #1 in 2009. Anaheim had two cup runs in 2003 and victorious in 2007. FLyers were the worst team in east in 2007, and managed to go to 3rd round in 2008.

So hear me out. Flyers and Bruins ARE THE WORST TEAMS in the east, and during the time that the Habs are "re-building", the Flyers and Bruins manage to turn it around faster than the Habs have tried since Gainey's 5.5 year plan? Bull****e

3.) All of the Habs young players that were expected to take the torch and form the nucleus of this team going forward (Plekanec/Higgins/Kostx/Komisarek) are all stagnating, if not regressing. In other cities (i.e. Chicago/Boston/Washington/Philly) - young players are taking the bull by the horn and forming the nucleus of their teams not only through leadership - but also offensive contribution.

4. ) Since Gainey took the helm, the Canadiens always lacked as follows;
1- elite/consistent and reliable offense
2- size at the center position
3- team toughness

WHICH OF THE ABOVE CAN YOU SAY HAS BEEN SATISFIED?

So before you attack me, carefully consider if the Habs truly are where they should be within the time frame allotted, considering that other teams have turned it around in much quicker time than the Habs.

The Habs have been one of the NHL's most mediocre franchises since 1993, and whether its Savard/Houle/Savard/Gainey - the excuse making time is over.

There isnt much hope for the future, especially our UFA's, our good (but not great) prospect pool..

Gainey has been mediocre, and defending his record is an exercise in futility.

cprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 11:04 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprice31 View Post

1.) The furthest the Habs have made since 1993 was indeed in 2002 where they brought Carolina to a game 6 in round 2.

2.) Since 2003, Anaheim/Boston/Flyers/Vancouver all started in peak positions - spiralled towards the bottom - then brought themselves to levels that are better than Montreal has been since 1993. My point is clear - Boston was #1 in 2004, then went down to 14th in the east - then went to #1 in 2009. Anaheim had two cup runs in 2003 and victorious in 2007. FLyers were the worst team in east in 2007, and managed to go to 3rd round in 2008.

So hear me out. Flyers and Bruins ARE THE WORST TEAMS in the east, and during the time that the Habs are "re-building", the Flyers and Bruins manage to turn it around faster than the Habs have tried since Gainey's 5.5 year plan? Bull****e

3.) All of the Habs young players that were expected to take the torch and form the nucleus of this team going forward (Plekanec/Higgins/Kostx/Komisarek) are all stagnating, if not regressing. In other cities (i.e. Chicago/Boston/Washington/Philly) - young players are taking the bull by the horn and forming the nucleus of their teams not only through leadership - but also offensive contribution.

3- team toughness

So before you attack me, carefully consider if the Habs truly are where they should be within the time frame allotted, considering that other teams have turned it around in much quicker time than the Habs.

The Habs have been one of the NHL's most mediocre franchises since 1993, and whether its Savard/Houle/Savard/Gainey - the excuse making time is over.

There isnt much hope for the future, especially our UFA's, our good (but not great) prospect pool..

1) whose to say we would have even made it that far.

2) what does 93 have to do with it? we were talking since Bob took over right? So all those teams tanked and came back? that's kind of key in that they got all those important picks. If you add that to getting free agents
- Briere pulling a fast one
- people wanting to play in the sun
- Bob having no control over whether a person wants to sign here (consider he has kept koivu and kovalev, although I know for you that proves your point)
Flyers beat us last year because of goaltending...**** happens. Aside from that they haven't really been stellar. If anything a bit of a trainwreck til they got Carter and Richards.
-Boston was (since were talking trends) crap when Gainey took over and now we've had just as much if not more success if you go season to season. Again, getting better draft picks helps during the time they were crap.
-Vancouver has been well managed, but quite frankly, switch places with them and what have they done in the playoffs???

WE had spiraled to the bottom and last year came 1st in the East. This year too much went wrong (refer to my last post). how are in any way unlike those teams in our resurgence despite not having the advantages they had?

3) you are way too quick to judge our young players. I know you hate Pleky, but while most people right now, me included are very frustrated with his play, he will be a much better player sooner than you think...count it. Akost has struggled this season, but, what about last season. basically what if Gainey's plan was judged LAST season and not this season? Everything you point out would be void.

Comparing any of the work the GMs did since 93 to Gainey is laughable (cough...Patrick Roy). Defending his work is quite the opposite of an exercise in futility unless i'm trying to sell it to someone who's mind is made up already.

Just a question. Suppose we win the cup this year, for the sake of argument, does everything you said about Gainey go away? Cuz last time I checked, playoff wise, we are very much in them. Bring back Langer miraculously and tell me you are unhappy with this team and that they are a complete failure.

PS. when Price eventually becomes Price, the search for our franchise goalie will be over and it will be thanks to Gainey and Timmins. Perhaps a bold statement, but Price aint no Theo. He's the real deal. I sincerely hope that starts...NOW (but just remember it may take a little longer).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
cprice31

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
1) whose to say we would have even made it that far.

2) what does 93 have to do with it? we were talking since Bob took over right? So all those teams tanked and came back? that's kind of key in that they got all those important picks. If you add that to getting free agents
- Briere pulling a fast one
- people wanting to play in the sun
- Bob having no control over whether a person wants to sign here (consider he has kept koivu and kovalev, although I know for you that proves your point)
Flyers beat us last year because of goaltending...**** happens. Aside from that they haven't really been stellar. If anything a bit of a trainwreck til they got Carter and Richards.
-Boston was (since were talking trends) crap when Gainey took over and now we've had just as much if not more success if you go season to season. Again, getting better draft picks helps during the time they were crap.
-Vancouver has been well managed, but quite frankly, switch places with them and what have they done in the playoffs???

WE had spiraled to the bottom and last year came 1st in the East. This year too much went wrong (refer to my last post). how are in any way unlike those teams in our resurgence despite not having the advantages they had?

3) you are way too quick to judge our young players. I know you hate Pleky, but while most people right now, me included are very frustrated with his play, he will be a much better player sooner than you think...count it. Akost has struggled this season, but, what about last season. basically what if Gainey's plan was judged LAST season and not this season? Everything you point out would be void.

Comparing any of the work the GMs did since 93 to Gainey is laughable (cough...Patrick Roy). Defending his work is quite the opposite of an exercise in futility unless i'm trying to sell it to someone who's mind is made up already.

Just a question. Suppose we win the cup this year, for the sake of argument, does everything you said about Gainey go away? Cuz last time I checked, playoff wise, we are very much in them. Bring back Langer miraculously and tell me you are unhappy with this team and that they are a complete failure.

PS. when Price eventually becomes Price, the search for our franchise goalie will be over and it will be thanks to Gainey and Timmins. Perhaps a bold statement, but Price aint no Theo. He's the real deal. I sincerely hope that starts...NOW (but just remember it may take a little longer).

Thank god Briere pulled a fast one, can you imagine carrying the burden of that contract.

Even with Langer and Markov, this is still not a cup competitive team.

What the Habs are, is a nice talented team, that lacks the essentials (grit/passion/heart) to succeed in the post-season....and Gainey has done very little to adress these glaring issues that have plagued this franchised for literally two decades.

Rohan, keep in mind that I was a huge Gainey fan until very recently. You know above all that I want the Habs to be a competitive team, a team that plays with heart and pride for the jersey...and I feel that Gainey has assembled a team that doesnt play with those characteristics, certainly not the characteristics that define Gainey's career as a player.

cprice31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 11:20 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsFanUKR View Post
Just some names from the early 2000s for you to remember...

Joe Juneau?
Oleg Petrov?
Patrick Traverse?

just a few names...

Compared to...

Alex Kovalev?
Maxim Lapierre?
Carey Price?

Don't even start to say that the team BG inherited was better than the one now.

You seem to forget some of the ones that he was part of...

Sergei Samsonov
Patrice Brisboise
Garth Murray
David Aebischer
Aaron Downey

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:31 AM
andrew2

Quote:
Even with Langer and Markov, this is still not a cup competitive team
actually before lang got injured we were one of the best in the east, and almost every journalist peged us as a contender at the begining of the season. and you take away any teams best player and #1 defenceman we'll see how competitive they are.

i truly started to really support gainey recently, when markov got injured. i thought back to the 07 draft whe he picked 6 defencemen. i remember thinking what the hell is he doing. looking back i realized that gainey did that so a few years from now if markov or whoever our #1 is gets injured we'll be alright. quality defencemen can be more valuable than any other position, and gainey knows this. look at the cup winners defense cores over the last few years; detroit, anaheim, etc...

if gainey did whatever the media and fans wanted we would be in a lot worse of a position. gainey knows how to win, as he always has. i will not follow him blindly, however if you really understand the sport you can see what he is going for.

andrew2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Garry Valk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post

Sergei Samsonov
Patrice Brisboise
Garth Murray
David Aebischer
Aaron Downey
Uh, what was wrong with Aaron Downey? He was a great depth guy.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Thank god Briere pulled a fast one, can you imagine carrying the burden of that contract.

Even with Langer and Markov, this is still not a cup competitive team.

What the Habs are, is a nice talented team, that lacks the essentials (grit/passion/heart) to succeed in the post-season....and Gainey has done very little to adress these glaring issues that have plagued this franchised for literally two decades.

Rohan, keep in mind that I was a huge Gainey fan until very recently. You know above all that I want the Habs to be a competitive team, a team that plays with heart and pride for the jersey...and I feel that Gainey has assembled a team that doesnt play with those characteristics, certainly not the characteristics that define Gainey's career as a player.
Ok..So, when Lang went down, he was our leading scorer. When Markov went down, he was our leading scorer.

Take away the 2 leading scorer of any team and see how well they are. Or yet again, like someone else mentioned, take away their #1 scorer and #1 Dman. I'd like to see how Boston would look without Chara/Savard or Pitts without Malkin/Gonchar, WSH Ovy/Green, etc..

Before the season, we were part of the favorites. It's ridiculous to say we wouldn't be part of the best if we had a complete healthy roster.

Can you please tell me who doesn't have heart/grit on our team?..Because I'm sick of hearing this ridiculous myth. It's what clueless fans hear on TV by moronic ''experts'' and repeat it.

Gainey has done a great job with our team. Nobody could have predicted our team would go through a season plagued with injuries. Bad luck, it happens, watch us be part of the best again next year.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 02:04 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Ok..So, when Lang went down, he was our leading scorer. When Markov went down, he was our leading scorer.

Take away the 2 leading scorer of any team and see how well they are. Or yet again, like someone else mentioned, take away their #1 scorer and #1 Dman. I'd like to see how Boston would look without Chara/Savard or Pitts without Malkin/Gonchar, WSH Ovy/Green, etc..

Before the season, we were part of the favorites. It's ridiculous to say we wouldn't be part of the best if we had a complete healthy roster.

Can you please tell me who doesn't have heart/grit on our team?..Because I'm sick of hearing this ridiculous myth. It's what clueless fans hear on TV by moronic ''experts'' and repeat it.

Gainey has done a great job with our team. Nobody could have predicted our team would go through a season plagued with injuries. Bad luck, it happens, watch us be part of the best again next year.
Amen. Plus this season isn't over. Lets ruin the Bruins season!

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:15 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
I'm fine with Gainey and co. going.. this is year number 6 of his plan., and the Habs are not closer to attaining the stanley cup than when he first took the position. Most corporations wont allow management to continue without lack of results for such a long period of time.

Gainey's calls have completely back-fired, and he seems to have a total lack of recognition of the required chemistry to win in the NHL.

Since Bob's tenure, Boston/Flyers/Anaheim/Vancouver have all gone rock-bottom, back to the top. The Habs have stalled & Stagnated (safe 2008) ever since... I dont wanna hear the UFA garbage, because his drafting and handling of player personel is shotty at best.

My only hope is that we find a competent succesor, and not another Rejean Houle type.

Bye Bye Bob, enjoy your retirement.

Wow....have not read so much drivel on here in a long time.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
do people really see Gainey leaving with so many UFA's not signed and almost an entire team to rebuild? Gainey just says bye bye and leaves, leaving the Habs with all that work on their hands and the draft coming even though Timmins should remain in position?

I find it hard to believe that he'll leave like that. He'll need to be fired, and if so, the team needs to be sold ,cause I don't see Gillett doing it and since that sale could take a long time to happen, I just see a status quo. Then with the new ownership in place, maybe the change will happen.
Quoted for truth,

Reality is ...

Gainey can't leave... he's got too long a to do list.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:43 AM
lxzred

Quote:

Sergei Samsonov
Patrice Brisboise
Garth Murray
David Aebischer
Aaron Downey
How he convinced anyone to take Theo's contract was a miricle, never mind getting a player back. That contract in a cap era was the biggest block to re-forming the team.
Everyone can think what they want, I personally hope gainey comes back as GM and Coach next year.

lxzred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
actually before lang got injured we were one of the best in the east, and almost every journalist peged us as a contender at the begining of the season. and you take away any teams best player and #1 defenceman we'll see how competitive they are.

i truly started to really support gainey recently, when markov got injured. i thought back to the 07 draft whe he picked 6 defencemen. i remember thinking what the hell is he doing. looking back i realized that gainey did that so a few years from now if markov or whoever our #1 is gets injured we'll be alright. quality defencemen can be more valuable than any other position, and gainey knows this. look at the cup winners defense cores over the last few years; detroit, anaheim, etc...

if gainey did whatever the media and fans wanted we would be in a lot worse of a position. gainey knows how to win, as he always has. i will not follow him blindly, however if you really understand the sport you can see what he is going for.
Montreal has been a 500 team since about the 10 game mark of the year.

We can't excuse this season on Markov's and Langs injuries.

On paper and going by last years play, this team is a good team however it wouldn't be the first time that the sum of the parts don't add up.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:01 AM
furry hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Montreal has been a 500 team since about the 10 game mark of the year.

We can't excuse this season on Markov's and Langs injuries.
It astounds me that people forget, on these boards, the kvetching that was going on with this team in '08-'09. We're a soft, soft team. With or without Markov and Lang.

furry hats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
HabsFanUKR

Quote:

Sergei Samsonov
Patrice Brisboise
Garth Murray
David Aebischer
Aaron Downey
I see your point...

Samsonov never blossomed in a Habs uniform, and Aebischer was not very reliable either, but all GMs make mistakes. I still think that Gainey has made more positive contributions than negative ones. He's established a good and deep farm system which is still improving.

If Lang stayed healthy and we didn't have all these distractions this year with the media and the 100th anniversary stuff, we would've finished in 4th or 5th for sure. That's where they were at the beginning of the season, weren't they?

HabsFanUKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:27 AM
rudethedude66

Be fair...They did finish first last year....Had a team that had a shot....He hasnt been a total bust like Reggie Houle.

Quote:
I'm fine with Gainey and co. going.. this is year number 6 of his plan., and the Habs are not closer to attaining the stanley cup than when he first took the position. Most corporations wont allow management to continue without lack of results for such a long period of time.

Gainey's calls have completely back-fired, and he seems to have a total lack of recognition of the required chemistry to win in the NHL.

Since Bob's tenure, Boston/Flyers/Anaheim/Vancouver have all gone rock-bottom, back to the top. The Habs have stalled & Stagnated (safe 2008) ever since... I dont wanna hear the UFA garbage, because his drafting and handling of player personel is shotty at best.

My only hope is that we find a competent succesor, and not another Rejean Houle type.

Bye Bye Bob, enjoy your retirement.

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:09 AM
montreal
Time to Get Down

I don't expect Gainey to be back next year, when he fired Carbo, he made it clear this season is all on him, and the fans/media will be calling for blood from anyone and everyone next week, as without Markov, this team seems unable to win.

This season has been brutal, the good news is that we have a ton of cap space for next year, a possible new owner this summer, and likely a new management staff. Not that I expect us to land any UFA's, and if the new owner is actually a group of owners, I fear we will be more like the leafs who from what I understand have too much input or say from the board, which creates problems.

I don't like where things are going for us, aside from young talent of Price (21), Pacioretty (20) and Subban (19) plus several other decent prospects.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
andrew2

Quote:
Montreal has been a 500 team since about the 10 game mark of the year
false.

our record in the first 10 was 8-1-1. when lang got injured our record was 28-15-6, if you subtract 8-1-1 from that we were still well over 500. after he got injureed we went on to win 2 of the next 10 and despite a few hot streaks the team never really picked it up since then.

this year cant be blamed on gainey. it was a mixture of injuries and players not playing to their potential. komi, akost, skost, higgins, price etc.

andrew2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:03 PM
skule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I don't expect Gainey to be back next year, when he fired Carbo, he made it clear this season is all on him, and the fans/media will be calling for blood from anyone and everyone next week, as without Markov, this team seems unable to win.

This season has been brutal, the good news is that we have a ton of cap space for next year, a possible new owner this summer, and likely a new management staff. Not that I expect us to land any UFA's, and if the new owner is actually a group of owners, I fear we will be more like the leafs who from what I understand have too much input or say from the board, which creates problems.

I don't like where things are going for us, aside from young talent of Price (21), Pacioretty (20) and Subban (19) plus several other decent prospects.
I hope Gainey stays, but it definitely seems like the table is set for his potential departure more than ever before. This would be a disaster, one that the boo-birds and coin-tossers won't see until it's too late. I guess the timing of his departure would also be very key: will he leave before or after UFA day, and will he head up the hometown UFA resigning effort?

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:26 PM
David

Quote:
Can you please tell me who doesn't have heart/grit on our team?..Because I'm sick of hearing this ridiculous myth.
Both Andre and Sergei Kostitsyns, Plekanecs, Brisbois, Tanguay and Hammrlik to start off.

But the sad truth is that pretty much the whole team minus Tom the Bomb and arguably Koivu have been guilty of being gutless during their tenure as a Canadien...yes, this includes guys like Komi and Higgins and Gorges too but I think that's more because they were no longer 'emotioinally engaged' as Bob put it in his post Carbo interview.

The good thing is that the last game against the B's, under Bob's tutelage and Schneider's courageous example. the CH boys finally looked to have found some back bone and didn't shrink back even at the on slaught of thuggery.

THIS is why my hope springs eternal that CH can win this series against the B's. IF the boys battle like they did one week ago, with pride, determination and with an iron will to never back down or be intimidated, I am SURE that this bunch led by the legendary playoff war hero Bob Gainey will prevail!!!

Collectively, this Montreal team is more individually talented than the B's...whether they decide to come together and fight for each other as a team and the CH on their shirt remains to be seen. Because the big thing that the B's had over CH was that they were willing to do more...a lot more...to win than CH because their pride was hurt leading up to this year due to all their humilation and pent up hatred for CH.

If, however, CH revert back to their old ways, instead of playing like Thursday, well all bets are off...the tee off starts at 6am...!

But once again, I am optomistic that Bob and the boys will prevail by doing whatever it takes.

Remember that Bob has always shown that he is at his absolute very best when everything appears hopeless. Too bad Bob won't be suiting up tonight.

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:31 PM
maci4life

Quote:

3- team toughness

I like Gainey and hope that he stays cause i believe that he's had enough and that he's going to right the boat from this point on, but i'd have to agree with your statement.

it doesn't take 5 year plans anymore to make a franchise into a winner. Junior players are coming into camps in much better shape and develop much faster. It takes a GM with balls to clean house and build the team up with a group of players that fits the overall vision of what the GM thinks is a winner.

I feel that Gainey hasn't really had that chance. I know he's been at the helm for a while now and drafting whomever, but i believe his drafting has been about picking the best player ( which makes a lot of sense obviously ), rather than picking the best player to fit the greatest needs for the team. Price, Chipchura, latendresse, D'agostini and Pacs come to mind when i say role players.

I think Gainey will hit a home run this year and take a chance on Vinny, and a few others while cleaning the house up a bit with contracts ending and not being resigned.

the future looks promising.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
smon

Quote:

It's a bad argument though. Markov was still part of the team for all of the games except the last bit and the team didn't do very well. It's not like both he and Lang missed the entire season. And even before Lang got injured, the team wasn't really clicking that much...it's not great if he was the leading scorer with 39pts in 50 games.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Hermamoud

I don't know if it's that much of a factor, but the schedule didn't help the players much. Anybody remember those 5 day breaks? I think that the players won a couple of games and gained momentum, then the breaks came up which sucked out all the momentum. I don't think it's THE reason that the Canadiens underachieved, but it might be a factor.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:57 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
I hope Gainey stays, but it definitely seems like the table is set for his potential departure more than ever before. This would be a disaster, one that the boo-birds and coin-tossers won't see until it's too late. I guess the timing of his departure would also be very key: will he leave before or after UFA day, and will he head up the hometown UFA resigning effort?
I want Gainey to stay, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he left this mess, and if things go bad over the next couple of games, fans will be out for blood and everyone will be the target.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Schooner Guy

With the sale of this team, we could possibly lose Gainey, Timmins, many of their hockey operations staff, and Boivin. Who knows who new ownership could bring in and who knows what their commitment to winning will be given that we sell out every game plus sell a kazillion dollars worth of merchandise?

Like the old saying goes, the grass isn't always greener....

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote