HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

Örebro HK

Old
03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Ribban

vCash: 500
The most boring event on ice in Örebro since ÖSK bandy played its last game for the season.

But, ÖHK was determined to not fall for Asplöven's cherry picking one more time. So, another scalp, 5-2.
Meanwhile Nybro killed Huddinge's dreams, 6-3, and Tingsryd squeaked by Valbo, 2-1, which gives:

1. Örebro 15p
----------------
2. Nybro 12p
3. Tingsryd 12p
4. Huddinge 10p
5. Asplöven 5p
6. Valbo 0p

Örebro hosts Nybro next, and Huddinge is moving on to Tingsryd, and then Tingsryd has a date with Nybro on the road.

This could be curtains after Sunday.

Last edited by Ribban: 03-27-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: I forgot about Örebro's last second empty netter... 5-2 not 4-2.
Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 11:22 AM
zecke26

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4-2 win over nybro!

next step taken!

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Ribban

Huddinge on my mind....

I'd be pissed if I were a Huddinge fan. Outrageous!!!
HIK put 32 shots on net in the two first periods, not a penalty. Then, in the third, the ref sends out five straight Huddinge guys. Tingsryd has zero penalties in the third. As the emotions get the better of Huddinge, they also lose two guys on 10 minutes each. Tingsryd sqeaks out an equalizer with a minute left to play, and the extra point after penalties.

I know this thread is about Örebro, and for all suits and purposes, Örebro will beat both Tingsryd (in Dackehallen) and Huddinge (in Örebro), so it doesn't really matter, but something HAS GOT TO BE DONE about div 1. It's ridiculous.

ÖHK - Nybro 4-2
Valbo - Asplöven 4-2
Tingsryd - Huddinge 5-4 (SO)

Standings after 7 rounds:

1) Örebro 18 poäng.
------------------------
2) Tingsryd 14 p
3) Nybro 12 p
4) Huddinge 11 p
5) Asplöven 5 p
6) Valbo 3 p

Up next:
Tingsryd @ Nybro
Asplöven @ Huddinge
Örebro @ Valbo

I am certain that Örebro will win in Valbo, but I predict a tough game as Valbo looks like they found some legs, maybe it was nerves in the beginning of the series. lately, they have played Tingsryd really tough in two games, and today they beat an admittingly tired and poorly motivated Asplöven. Keep your focus Örebro!

Old
03-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Oslo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Huddinge on my mind....

I'd be pissed if I were a Huddinge fan. Outrageous!!!
Yeah, those two cant have a nice day today

Oslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
Yeah, those two cant have a nice day today

I damn near blew my coffee all over the desk on that one!

Nice!

Old
04-02-2009, 08:45 AM
zecke26

a bit over 3 hours to go until the puck drops. i'm nervous as hell. stay focused and win this one please.

Old
04-02-2009, 02:45 PM
zecke26

it's not enough

Old
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Ribban

Nybro - Tingsryd 2-3
Valbo - Örebro 2-3 (so)
Hudding - Asplöven 4-5 (after Huddinge was up 4-0 after the 1st period)

Valbo apparently did a great job with putting pressure on Örebro in the two first periods. They ran out of juice in the third, and Örebro did everything but score in the last 10 mins of the game. ÖHK win the shots 51-30, or something along those lines, after losing 11-8 in that department after the first, so Valbo really need to thank their keeper for the extra point.

By the end of the day, a win is a win, and 2 points is better than 1.
Nice set up for the next game, when Örebro travels to Tingsryd.

So after the 8th round we have:

1. Örebro 20 p , +12
-----------------------
2. Tingsryd 17 p , +11
3. Nybro
4. Huddinge
5. Asplöven
6. Valbo

Old
04-06-2009, 02:14 PM
zecke26

no words...

Old
04-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Ribban

I concur.

Tingsryd - Örebro 3-2

ÖHK had apparently every opportunity in the world to win this one, if nothing else get a tie out of it. But, the ineffeciancy in front of the net continues.

The really sad thing is that ÖHK has gone from having everything in their own hands, with a tremendous margin for screwing up, to now having to perform better against Huddinge than Tingsryd performs against Asplöven.

No point in getting into the mathematics, but both teams have the same points and the same goal differential as of today, and goal differential is considered before head to head. I never understod that.

Bitter evening in the sense that Örebro lost, but also because whatever happens in the last round, there will be no end to all the speculations about who folded and who didn't, etc.

Part of me almost hopes that one team in Allsvenskan folds to allow for both Tingsryd and Örebro to come up, no matter what the final scores will be. They have clearly shown that they are quite a bit better than Huddinge and Nybro as of today.

Old
04-09-2009, 02:40 PM
zecke26

my heart...my heart...my heart...i was sooo close to a heart attack. oh my...

that being said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ALLSVENSKAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a lot to asplöven!!!!!

Old
04-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Predatore

Send a message via MSN to Predatore
muahahha, congrats zecke!

Predatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2009, 03:24 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatore View Post
muahahha, congrats zecke!
haha, thanks.

if only they would start now with a good youth program and a solid J-20 team. i always felt ashamed when reading your blog about how bad that J-20 team was.

and whoa...you are fast:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/

ALLSVENSKAN ROSTERS
AIK
Almtuna
Björklöven
Bofors
Borås
Leksand
Malmö
Mora
Oskarshamn
Sundsvall
Troja-L
Västerås
Växjö
Örebro

i love EP!

Last edited by zecke26: 04-09-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Good to see the trend with more commercially viable teams from middle to over average sized towns taking a spot among the elite teams. Good job Örebro!

Although it's a bit sad to see Huddinge go down again, I must admit.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Ribban

damn, that was nice.

Say what you want about Americans, but when I told my buds that it was time to head out and celebrate, quite a few came out... the fact that it was Good Friday the following day may have played into it. But, we were all Oorrebrroar that night! Celebrating "the Championship"...

As I was trying to explain that Ö-o hadn't won the Swedish Championship, I was corrected by the "party staff" that the celebration was about "The Win of A Championship," which one was of course irrelevant on a night like this. Party on!

How typically Swedish of me to worry about details.

Damn, I'm trying to get my batteries going again though. Feels like the season is over. Trying to jumpstart with the NHL play-off specs, but it feels like it lost its relevance. The WCH preps lost its edge. I just feel "full" somehow. This is a bad feeling. Don't like it.

Old
04-12-2009, 01:41 PM
zecke26

Quote:

Damn, I'm trying to get my batteries going again though. Feels like the season is over. Trying to jumpstart with the NHL play-off specs, but it feels like it lost its relevance. The WCH preps lost its edge. I just feel "full" somehow. This is a bad feeling. Don't like it.
same for me. i feel the european hockey rhythm. and the season is over now. the DEL is in the finals (3 games left at max) and then there's the WC.
but it's hard to stay focused on the NHL POs. the NA season is too long.

but usually it takes like 4 weeks until i miss hockey again. then the silly season will make it interesting. i mean...örebro has only one guy under contract (fors). so a lot of news are ahead. same with my local team here.

it will be a good off-season and i already can't wait for the allsvenskan to start. yes, that's right. ALLSVENSKAN!

Old
04-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
same for me. i feel the european hockey rhythm. and the season is over now. the DEL is in the finals (3 games left at max) and then there's the WC.
but it's hard to stay focused on the NHL POs. the NA season is too long.
I agree. It IS too long. While I used to be one of those thinking the SEL should be 36 games and 4 teams in the playoffs, I have shifted to liking the modern 55-60 game schedules. However, the 82 game schedule + 3 months of playoffs the NHL has is just too much. Come on, there should not be hockey played in June.. that doesn't even make sense in the coldest parts of Canada.

Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddarn View Post
I agree. It IS too long. While I used to be one of those thinking the SEL should be 36 games and 4 teams in the playoffs, I have shifted to liking the modern 55-60 game schedules. However, the 82 game schedule + 3 months of playoffs the NHL has is just too much. Come on, there should not be hockey played in June.. that doesn't even make sense in the coldest parts of Canada.
I assume it's all about the TV contracts. More games = more hours of broadcasting.
Still... I remember when the NBA had its strike and the season opened up late... just around x-mas, I believe.

Anyway, they played a 50-55 game season, and it was actually entertaining. Games mattered and every team came in with a sense of desperation every night, people played their guts out, and when the season came to an end, people were dying for the next season to begin.

The near 100-game seasons would shorten the superstars' careers as well, I would think.

It would be fun to see the NHL go to a 55 game season, just to see what would happen on the ice.... Dream on..

Old
04-14-2009, 07:42 AM
zecke26

rhodin and hoglund targets?
http://www.eurosport.se/ishockey/hoc...53/story.shtml

i like the idea of adding real veterans. players that can lead the team. but it scares me a bit that they talk about old players again. will they once again just try to get old players in their last seasons?

in order to be competitive, they need a plan how to attract young talent. i don't want to rant about the junior development in örebro again, but an allsvenskan team without any junior program that can fill holes every season with juniors is doomed to get into financial problems. older players are simply expensive.

but it's örebro...we all know the direction...

Old
04-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Tomas W

Höglund is strong afront of the goal, and still usefull in PP situation. Downside with Höglund is that his shot has weakned, and he is terribly slow.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2009, 12:59 PM
1992LuckyTown

Congratiulations Örebro

How many do you think you will average a game 2000?
Mif will win that race but how big is the Question
I like that you have your own jr, pörssi

1992LuckyTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:11 AM
zecke26

örebro interested in fredrik ericson, D of bofors.
http://www.na.se/artikel.asp?intId=1471375

and ribban, you really think tingsryd deserves the allsvenskan?
http://www.na.se/artikel.asp?intId=1471291&insn=2

Old
04-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Ribban

Quote:
örebro interested in fredrik ericson, D of bofors.
http://www.na.se/artikel.asp?intId=1471375

and ribban, you really think tingsryd deserves the allsvenskan?
http://www.na.se/artikel.asp?intId=1471291&insn=2
I think it's absurd. I can't really describe it any other way.

I mean, Tingsryd is somehow pissed .... because Asplöven didn't fold but instead played the best hockey they could. Were they supposed to fold?!?!? That would have been subject to an investigation in my book. If this is Taif's complaint, I find it absurd that the federation didn't kick it out 10 seconds after it was recieved.

I guess Taif also had a problem with Huddinge getting stuck in easter traffic and arrived late, therefore the game was delayed in Örebro. Bad. But, TAIF also declined the option to extend the 1st intermission and allow the game in Örebro to "catch up." WHY?!?!? Asplöven would have been just as bothered by the extra wait as TAIF would have been.

However, I still think that Tingsryd has a better team than both Huddinge and Nybro proved to be. They also have a strong base at home, selling out the barn night in and night out, so sure, I wouldn't let a few bad apples ruin the batch. I think tiny circumstances and "lucky bounces" (as always) put Örebro ahead of Tingsryd this year. Taif is clearly too good for division 1.

Old
04-16-2009, 05:19 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I mean, Tingsryd is somehow pissed .... because Asplöven didn't fold but instead played the best hockey they could. Were they supposed to fold?!?!?
this is really absurd. i expect every team to play 100% till the season is over. asploven did so and tingsryd is pissed? awesome.

TAIF has to learn how to lose first, so they can rot in hell (division1) for a season.

but it seems that a few teams in allsvenskan might be in trouble. if i got it right then bofors has a hard time finding enough money to build a team. but i could be wrong, article was in swedish.

first decisions for örebro:

ellebo, laine, fahlqvist and tuominen leave. no surprise here.

Old
04-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Ribban

Quote:
this is really absurd. i expect every team to play 100% till the season is over. asploven did so and tingsryd is pissed? awesome.

TAIF has to learn how to lose first, so they can rot in hell (division1) for a season.

but it seems that a few teams in allsvenskan might be in trouble. if i got it right then bofors has a hard time finding enough money to build a team. but i could be wrong, article was in swedish.

first decisions for örebro:

ellebo, laine, fahlqvist and tuominen leave. no surprise here.
At first I was with you on teams suffering in AS financially, but I think this "crisis" has changed the dynamics in the market place a bit. It used to be a player's market, but from what I'm seeing, many teams are successfully trimming down their payrolls by 40% without any real problems. All and all, I think this is actually very positive for Swedish hockey, and hopefully it means more PT for promissing Jrs.

Having said that, I think Örebro better spend some money.

They are in desperate need for a solid first line that will yield production every night.
I'd also like to see Dwyer brought back on the 4th line, together with two other strong checking forwards. A true checking line will be important for Örebro, and in the KS they survived by a tremendous PK. In AS, the teams will be better, so they better get sound defensively in a heartbeat, but also strengthen their PK yet another notch.

I'd also like to see 2 or even better 3 solid defensemen. Big bodies, and stay at home guys who can clear up in front of the net, and make the simple plays instead of the flash in the pan, bs.

Lastly, "Benga" was great in the KS, but I don't know if I like him to lead the troops in AS, much longer schedule against better opponents... One groin later and Örebro's contract hopes are put in the hands of young Christopher, who I believe have been on the bench for the better part of all seasons. I'd love to see Fahlander go out and get a real keeper, put Bengt as the back up, and lend out Chris to Kumla or Lindlöven, etc. As long as he gets serious PT, as he is talented.