HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs ink Dany Massé

Old
04-16-2009, 01:44 AM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I find it somewhat amusing that Boston signed the leagues leader scorer, and Masse's linemate, Yannick Riendeaux.

I dont know much about him, but it looks like he can add some finesse.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
Desharnais says hi.
Desharnais is not the fastest player, but doesn't mean that he's not agile and seeing him dangle, you'll see that he's not a dynamo but he's quite agile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Its getting tiresome how the media with an agenda influences people into believing their lies.

The Habs continue to lead the NHL in signing Quebec players into their organization. Can't people realize this? I mean the posters like Whitesnake? The Habs are damned if they sign a Quebec player and for sure Damned when they let one slip through their fingers.

Signing players like this is great, helps to fill up the system. The draft is oonly 7 rounds now. Gotto go out there and find the ones that got passed up.

I believe that Masse was pursued by many teams as he was one of the best available 20 year old offensive forwards in Canada.
As if I would wait for the media to have an opinion on my own. I see more Q games in a year than all those guys in the media that complain about Timmins drafting so don't worry, I can have opinions. But it's not because an opinion may be the same than the ones that circulate that it automatically means that it's based on what they said.

I personnally believe that I would prefer to give a try to a Q player even if he's overager than to the Cepek, Kishel and Johnson of this world. But I'm the one who keeps writing to Réjean Tremblay to tell him that out of the 52 players we had in last year's camp, 19 were Q players. I'm the one who keeps repeating to the ones who keep saying that we don't sign Q UFA's that Desharnais, Beauregard, Lemieux, St-Denis and Desjardins (sure from NB but french speaking....) were signed that way. So yes, I do know that they do sign players from the Q. My point is that THAT signing looks to me like a Riendeau's effect. Like to me the part-time hiring of the 2 french scouts was a reaction to the comments on the media. Why? 'Cause Timmins probably 1 month before kept saying how he didn't believe that it was that important. That HE was in charge of the Q and having the head scout in charge of a league is more important than having scouts themselves. That he was really often on our arenas and was not neglecting anybody from the Q and didn't have a negative bias towards it.

I keep saying this and LONG before those journalists keep giving us their stupidities without being informed, I would like to see Timmins do more and better with the Q. Why? 'Cause since I like watching that league and do it often, I do develop an habit of being like a scout who would think that my league is not as bad as everybody thinks. And while the Q does not have the number of players that will succeed like the other leagues have, the quality is still there. And I would like to see the real interested 20 year old being grabbed. Would like to see the real players being taken (see Riopel vs Mayer, but I make that mistake as well....), would like to see the overagers being considered.

We have some great products in the Q despite what most people would like to think. And that's all what I'm saying.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-16-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
why dont we ever bring big power forwards into our system?
Because they are really rare

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
I find it somewhat amusing that Boston signed the leagues leader scorer, and Masse's linemate, Yannick Riendeaux.

I dont know much about him, but it looks like he can add some finesse.
Haven't seen that much of him, but he seems like he isn't exactly a 'skill player'.

Seems more like a Chris Drury-type, not great offensive abilities, but willing to muck it up and challenge the slot area to get the points.

Definately not as skilled as Drury, but his playing style should transition well to the pros.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Just noticed Masse has 25 points in 8 playoffs games so far, pretty impressive.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:30 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
But he looked (the little I've seen of him) much stronger on his legs that is Martin St-Louis.

Moreso than, for exemple, Ben Maxwell who despise being taller/bigger, doesn't have the same leg strength.

I'm thinking small players who have good lower-body strength could be successful in the NHL (Just like Bouillon )
Agreed 100%, lower body strength imo is huge for any player, but smaller players with lower centers of gravity must have good lower body strength. Desharnais does have good lower body strength, and while he lacks height he plays like he doesn't know that. That said, when someone throws around a like like St-Louis who once led the league in scoring, he's got great speed that Desharnais doesn't have. I'd love to see Desharnais with the speed of St-Louis, yikes would be dangerous as he's already very skilled with the puck, works hard every game and is actually solid in his own end.

Maxwell doesn't seem to have much lower or upper body strength, he's very passive so it's hard to really say but he can turn on the speed and he's got sneaky acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
Whoa whoa whoa...better? Says who? Masse has never been and never will be as good as Riendeau.
How does Riendeau compare to Beauregard in your opinion? It's too bad about his knees, cause Beauregard was just starting to look good in Hamilton. Thanks cause I always like to ready your opinions on the Q guys over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLaprise View Post
You are right...shorter guys with great lower body strength can definitly play in the show and Dany Masse's size isnt people's main concern about him. He is 5'10 188, thats fine in this day and age, but he just is not skilled enough, strong enough, or quick enough to even play as a dominant AHL player let alone NHL.

Considering he will have to be a top 2 line player to succeed his odds of making the NHL full time are slim and none. Its not like he could make it as a Maxime Lapierre type.
I would hope that the Habs don't have to rely on CHL FA's to fill their top 6, so I got to think this move was a depth move to fill the ECHL, as Hamilton should be loaded with forwards next year. I am waiting to hear on the injuries to Olivier Latendresse and Thomas Beauregard, who both had season ending injuries so if they aren't ready to go next year, a guy like Masse might be looked at to fill in until they are back, as both looked to have earned a roster spot in Hamilton, moreso for Latendresse who was looking very good on a line with Desharnais.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

**** it! to me, 5'10 is very tall!!!

damn you tall people!!!!!

^5 H10H

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
**** it! to me, 5'10 is very tall!!!

damn you tall people!!!!!

^5 H10H
lol, don't worry Jee, someday us vertically challenged people will rule the world.

Thanks for all the info on Massé everyone.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote