HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston media looking foward for the 2nd round.

Old
04-16-2009, 07:12 AM
NHLcrazy

vCash: 500
Best part of the interview (speaking of price):

'' played good vs Pittsburgh the other night he made 2 nice game saving saves but let see him do it under pressure, against a team like Boston, with everything on the line, I haven't seen that from this guy...''

Game 7 last year:

Habs 5
Bruins 0

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:15 AM
scosar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeezy17 View Post
Most media is biased around here to be honest....as biased as Jack Edwards(the announcer of the bruins) sounds, hes actually quite fair when talking hockey. When he calls the game, he just gets caught up in the emotion. He called the series going deep(which i agree).

There either payed to be homers or people who just trash the hell outta the teams.
I watched the last game on NESN. I had to turn it off in the second period. I couldn't take it anymore. He had to have mentioned that O'Byrne hit somebody from behind with seconds to play in the 3-1 game in January at least 5 times. He has a real hard on for Komi and sounded like a 10 year old when Chara punched him against the boards. "komi goes down like a paper doll" He really announces like a 10 year old. My team is better than yours and all of my guys are tougher and could beat up your guys. Then Milbury with the quote that the Bruins are a better team because their guys have character and Mtl doesn't. I wanted to call in and say where was that character and stepping up for the big game last year in Game 7.

scosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptxMorgan View Post
NECN is a joke when it comes to sports coverage, especially hockey.
They realy look like they haven't watch one signle hockey game in their life.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:28 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rician blast View Post
The Bruins team doesn't deserve success...!
Glad to see some bruins fans are keeping things in perspective. I rarely agree with bruins fans, but this is one of those rare instances where I do.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar View Post
I watched the last game on NESN. I had to turn it off in the second period. I couldn't take it anymore. He had to have mentioned that O'Byrne hit somebody from behind with seconds to play in the 3-1 game in January at least 5 times. He has a real hard on for Komi and sounded like a 10 year old when Chara punched him against the boards. "komi goes down like a paper doll" He really announces like a 10 year old. My team is better than yours and all of my guys are tougher and could beat up your guys. Then Milbury with the quote that the Bruins are a better team because their guys have character and Mtl doesn't. I wanted to call in and say where was that character and stepping up for the big game last year in Game 7.
Clearly you have to lose game 7 as a team to gain character.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I don't think they should be talking about the 2nd round and stuff like that but let's be honest they had a hell of a season and they have all the right in the world to be confident going into this series

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

who gives a crap?
As if we wouldnt be doing that.

Not to mention our own media and commentators are calling for a dominant bruins victory. Quite shocking and disrespectful that Bruins homers feel the same.

Canadian_Brewtality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
TheCH*

Habs have ALWAYS been a thorn in the ruins side no matter what happened in the regular season. They like to "pretend" that doesn't bother them, so the overblown cockiness you are seeing right now is a clear sign of their insecurities heading into this series.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rician blast View Post
Gross One...excellent contribution...way to misrepresent the post.
Why thank you. It must be refreshing for you to read such quality posts. It's a real shame you can't find such pertinent and well thought out posts on the Bruins board.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Darz

...ah, who gives a crap what the media is saying. They don't play the games. I doubt very highly, that ANY player on Boston is looking ahead to the second round. No matter the outcome, this series is going to be a war. Not one player from either team will be looking past a single game, nevermind the series.