HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

SPECULATION: Arnott to ask for trade IF Radulov comes back ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
SPECULATION: Arnott to ask for trade IF Radulov comes back ?

From reading the papers since the season ended, to me it seems like Arnott will waive his NTC/NMC IF Alexander Radulov is brought back, he seems pretty damned adamant that he doesn't want Radulov back, instead he wants Sullivan back ... I have a feeling a fracture will form between the vets/youngsters if it goes down the way I think it will

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
  #2
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,413
vCash: 500
I really hope Arnott's not that big of a baby.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:10 AM
  #3
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,570
vCash: 500
I'm sure he was pissed but I think it was mostly posturing.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 05:11 AM
  #4
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
I think he will be upset if Radulov gets an extension, say of 3 years at 3 million per. Then he sees Sullivan walk and sign a deal for about the same amount elsewhere. This is a slippery slope because Sullivan, despite the contract issues, is so important on the ice and in the lockerroom. Having him back completely changed our team. Despite what Sullivan says, I am still of the opinion that he will be back. We went through a pretty nasty cotnract negotiation last time, and he ended up with a 4 year deal rather than a 1 year arbitration hearing .

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
  #5
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,659
vCash: 50
Arnott wouldnt be that stupid-childish methinks.

It is pretty obvious that he wants to stomp Rads into a greasy spot the next time he sees him.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:49 AM
  #6
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Arnott wouldnt be that stupid-childish methinks.

It is pretty obvious that he wants to stomp Rads into a greasy spot the next time he sees him.
That's why I put this under speculation, and I also think Poile/Ownership had something to do with this as well ... sitting on their thumbs instead of actively trying to re-sign him once the season ended

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:26 AM
  #7
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
I'd rather have Radulov than Arnott, soooo...

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:35 AM
  #8
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,230
vCash: 562
I'd rather have Arnott than Radulov.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:39 AM
  #9
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'd rather have Arnott than Radulov.
we already have his replacement AND he'll actually go to the net, that's if you caught the NCAA Frozen Four

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
  #10
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,230
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
we already have his replacement AND he'll actually go to the net, that's if you caught the NCAA Frozen Four
Yes, but I doubt Wilson will score 30+ goals or 50 points just yet. I'd also rather have Arnott, who has great leadership skills and can score when we need it, than Radulov, who is a locker room cancer, and injures our players

It would be nice if Radulov returned and Arnott wouldn't waive his NTC.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:13 PM
  #11
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Yes, but I doubt Wilson will score 30+ goals or 50 points just yet. I'd also rather have Arnott, who has great leadership skills and can score when we need it, than Radulov, who is a locker room cancer, and injures our players

It would be nice if Radulov returned and Arnott wouldn't waive his NTC.
Arnott's "great leadership" is an objective matter. Personally, I'd hate to think of the example that a guy who makes repeated quotes about "putting his health first" and nearly letting his wife pressure him into sitting out further games in a do-or-die time is setting. Especially when the Ryan Smyths and even Peter Forsbergs of the world are hiding injuries from team doctors just to get into the lineup. That's not to mention Arnott's own wonder years, in which he pouted after being benched in Edmonton for "attitude problems" and then again in Dallas. But wait...that wasn't that long ago, was it? And for being a "30 +" goal scorer, he's done so three times in his fifteen year career. That's not say he's lacked consistency...he's been a remarkably consistent, average top-six forward.

We have "leadership" in the system. I've seen great promise in guys like Weber, Suter, even Legwand and Erat. What we don't have is another guy that WILL be a 40 goal, bonafide top line sniper.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
  #12
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,230
vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Arnott's "great leadership" is an objective matter. Personally, I'd hate to think of the example that a guy who makes repeated quotes about "putting his health first" and nearly letting his wife pressure him into sitting out further games in a do-or-die time is setting. Especially when the Ryan Smyths and even Peter Forsbergs of the world are hiding injuries from team doctors just to get into the lineup. That's not to mention Arnott's own wonder years, in which he pouted after being benched in Edmonton for "attitude problems" and then again in Dallas. But wait...that wasn't that long ago, was it? And for being a "30 +" goal scorer, he's done so three times in his fifteen year career. That's not say he's lacked consistency...he's been a remarkably consistent, average top-six forward.

We have "leadership" in the system. I've seen great promise in guys like Weber, Suter, even Legwand and Erat. What we don't have is another guy that WILL be a 40 goal, bonafide top line sniper.
Yes he has had attitude problems, and so has Radulov, which is why it would be stupid for him to waive his NTC if Radulov is coming back. But if this speculation is true I'd rather have Arnott, who's a veteran the young guys could model themselves after and has gotten 30 goals even if it was just three times, instead of Radulov, who probably didn't leave a good taste in everybody's mouth after the Russia thing, but will probably end up with more goals in a season.

Also, nobody should ever play while injured, that's just stupid, Arnott and his wife probably care more about his health then about a game.


Last edited by Soundgarden: 04-16-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
  #13
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
That's why I put this under speculation, and I also think Poile/Ownership had something to do with this as well ... sitting on their thumbs instead of actively trying to re-sign him once the season ended
Are you talking about actively re-signing Radulov? If so, I think you are forgetting that Poile couldn't even start discussing an extension with Radu and his agent until July 1, which was only a week before we found out about the Russian contract.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
  #14
DManPreds11
Registered User
 
DManPreds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Forget Radscrewedourteamulov, sign Sully, he busted his butt to get back on the ice to help our team and did exactly that. He has shown class and been a team first guy since becoming a Predator, we shouldn't reward Alexander Arnold for jumping ship. Plus I bet Arnott is sick of asking for help/depth at the trading deadline just to see Poile do nothing. Satan would have cost the team about a million and didn't have to give up not one pick. I know most was like well he didn't do anything with Crosby or Malkin, well I believe he would've helped out down the stretch with the injuries we had. Plus what about securing the "core" group, well I'd say that Sully should be included in that "core" group of Predators. Later guys!

DManPreds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:33 AM
  #15
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DManPreds11 View Post
Forget Radscrewedourteamulov, sign Sully, he busted his butt to get back on the ice to help our team and did exactly that. He has shown class and been a team first guy since becoming a Predator, we shouldn't reward Alexander Arnold for jumping ship. Plus I bet Arnott is sick of asking for help/depth at the trading deadline just to see Poile do nothing. Satan would have cost the team about a million and didn't have to give up not one pick. I know most was like well he didn't do anything with Crosby or Malkin, well I believe he would've helped out down the stretch with the injuries we had. Plus what about securing the "core" group, well I'd say that Sully should be included in that "core" group of Predators. Later guys!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
  #16
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Yes he has had attitude problems, and so has Radulov, (snip). But if this speculation is true I'd rather have Arnott, who's a veteran the young guys could model themselves after and has gotten 30 goals even if it was just three times (snip)

Also, nobody should ever play while injured, that's just stupid, Arnott and his wife probably care more about his health then about a game.
Yeah, I agreed with Arnott being very careful with his health there. Mainly because I want him to be productive for the Predators in future years. I don't want anyone with even a hint of concussion symptoms out on the ice.

I thought Arnott has been a good leader for this team. I don't hold things he did in prior years against him. I think he has matured.

Early in the season it seemed as if he wasn't battling hard enough especially in front of the goal and we had the usual "soft" cries around here, me included. But I was sure pleased with his play coming out of the All-star break and the rest of the year. I thought he showed a lot of desire to get this team in the playoffs and played strong. I also thought he said the right things.

I'm a fan of Arnott's now and think he's very good for this team and I think he is a leader now even if he wasn't in the past. He seems to live a useful life away from the ice too, and it never hurts to have those sort of guys on your team.

We can win with Arnott. I'd take Rad's back though, anmd would hope Arnott will suck it up on that issue. Then again, I have no problem with trading Radu for a song either. As long as we get something. Maybe a late second rounder?

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:34 PM
  #17
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Yeah, I agreed with Arnott being very careful with his health there. Mainly because I want him to be productive for the Predators in future years. I don't want anyone with even a hint of concussion symptoms out on the ice.

I thought Arnott has been a good leader for this team. I don't hold things he did in prior years against him. I think he has matured.

Early in the season it seemed as if he wasn't battling hard enough especially in front of the goal and we had the usual "soft" cries around here, me included. But I was sure pleased with his play coming out of the All-star break and the rest of the year. I thought he showed a lot of desire to get this team in the playoffs and played strong. I also thought he said the right things.

I'm a fan of Arnott's now and think he's very good for this team and I think he is a leader now even if he wasn't in the past. He seems to live a useful life away from the ice too, and it never hurts to have those sort of guys on your team.

We can win with Arnott. I'd take Rad's back though, anmd would hope Arnott will suck it up on that issue. Then again, I have no problem with trading Radu for a song either. As long as we get something. Maybe a late second rounder?
he has got more value than that, besides abandoning this team what has he done to decrease his own value ? ... his numbers didn't suck in the KHL this past season, that's for sure, 3rd on his team that finished first overall in the league with 48 points in 52 games (they don't count secondary assists)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
  #18
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,534
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
he has got more value than that, besides abandoning this team what has he done to decrease his own value ? ... his numbers didn't suck in the KHL this past season, that's for sure, 3rd on his team that finished first overall in the league with 48 points in 52 games (they don't count secondary assists)
I agree not like were in a huge hockey market here so i dont think rads coming back will be such a huge deal. hes young allot of upside ... IF this is true and If rads comes back Arnott ask for a trade fine lets get something for him ..me Id love to see something along the lines of

Tomas Plekanec+Christopher Higgins
for
Arnott + (2nd?+?)

again allot of IFs and i dont think its going to get to this point as i dont believe arnott is that big of a baby...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:15 PM
  #19
OpenWheel
Registered User
 
OpenWheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Keweenaw Peninsula
Country: United States
Posts: 1,967
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
he has got more value than that, besides abandoning this team what has he done to decrease his own value ?

Well, I felt I was giving a "worst case" in case it happens that management thinks they have to deal him, and other teams lowball because of it. If you get true value you didn't trade for a song, right?

But yeah, I would think that the chance to get a goal scorer would be bid up to higher than what I said. But no matter what, we'll at least get a pick, so I'm not stressing the situation.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
  #20
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Pure speculation that Arnott will ask for a trade if Radulov comes back.

My speculation is that Arnott wants to win to be competitive and he'll suck it up when he realizes the franchise cannot afford anyone else.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.