HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Western Conference Quarterfinals St. Louis @ Vancouver | 7 PST/10 EST (CBC/Versus)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2009, 02:58 PM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

vCash: 500
2nd comment...another retard who doesn't know the difference between... You are , Your're and Your

Old
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
topheavyhookjaw

Good game overall;

I really liked our third line's play. Wellwood and Bernier were especially impressive, and I thought Raymond responded well to the higher intensity of the playoffs.

Kesler was the only one on the 2nd line who brought anything to the table throughout the game. Demitra made a nice play to set up the first goal but other then that they were largely invisible (him and Sundin). The twins were very effective, created a lot of chances and upped the intensity significantly.

Our defense was solid. I liked Salo and Mitchell's play all night. As well as Bieksa and O'Brien. Edler and Ohlund didn't have the best game, but thankfully the mistakes they made weren't catastrophic, I expect Edler to look a little calmer and more collected on Friday.

Bobby Lou was Bobby Lou, very solid, excellent rebound control. Made big saves when he had to, but the team did well to keep the blues to the outside and not allow them to get to the few rebounds Luongo put out there, save on the Boyes goal.

Good effort, I'm jacked for game 2.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Pyatt4God, I was noticing HNIC's hard on for the Blues as well. They're a good team and they played a good game; but it was the constant fellating going on that was really starting to bug me. If they're going to gush about a team, at least try and do it evenly. The Canucks played a good game too, but you wouldn't know it from the lack of attention paid to it by the HNIC crew.

~Canucklehead~

Old
04-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Pascha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post
Check out the comments at the bottom: http://wendywoods.typepad.com/wendy_...and-david.html
ROFL!

Old
04-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyatt4God View Post
If I am a Blues hockey player, I would not be getting much of that vaunted TV buzz word "confidence" for my effort tonight.
Blues' coach Andy Murray said after the game that he found the game encouraging rather than discouraging, which while not unexpected was a little odd. It meant that he feels he learned something this game that made him more optimistic (mind you that's more optimistic and down 1-0 in the series).

He certainly didn't learn much about the Canucks that should make him more optimistic, unless he thinks that he just saw Vancouver's peak effort and that we will continue to take zillions of "penalties".

So I guess that means that his own team played better than he thought. That can't bode too well for them. Certainly from a Canucks point of view I feel better at 1-0, with unexpectedly good performances from Bernier and Wellwood, and very solid performances from our top guys (Kesler, Luongo, Sedins, Burrows) that I had been counting on. Bring on game 2 -- win this one and it's big trouble for the Blues -- all we need is a split on the road to get a stranglehold on the series.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Taco Fingerhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascha View Post
ROFL!
Ya can't say us Canuck fans don't do our homework. Yikers!

Old
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoaster81 View Post
"The Blues can play a lot better, I'm not sure if the Canucks can really step it up too much more. "
Might be true, kinda sorta.

If the Canucks stay out of the box for the entire game, do they outshoot the Blues 45-18 and out chance them by a similar ratio like they did in the third?

That third period was some of the best hockey I've seen the team play all year.

Old
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:
Check out the comments at the bottom: http://wendywoods.typepad.com/wendy_...and-david.html
Haha, the sleeewwwfoot is ubiquitous. Never know where it'll pop up.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Pyatt4God, I was noticing HNIC's hard on for the Blues as well. They're a good team and they played a good game; but it was the constant fellating going on that was really starting to bug me. If they're going to gush about a team, at least try and do it evenly. The Canucks played a good game too, but you wouldn't know it from the lack of attention paid to it by the HNIC crew.

~Canucklehead~
I was going to post this as well

Kelly Hrudey was the worst. He kept going on about the Blues and what they need to do to get better. Then he tops it off with a "Hopefully, they can be better next game" or something along those lines.

StL has made a great run to get in and it's looking like HNIC has already picked their Cinderella team for this post season

Old
04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
sticknrink

Backes needs to learn to shop, he looks like he's wearing his dad's jeans. They're way too long.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Cheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumphod View Post
Yeah lots of Blues fans are saying the Canucks played a perfect game and only won 2-1.
Ping ping pang pong?

Old
04-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I can't wait for Game 2, it's going to be really interesting to see how the two teams come out. If the Canucks can keep the Blues young guns as non-factors, that's a major bonus for us. That said, we need Sundin and Demitra to become factors. Kesler was the only guy on that line that really stood out, and as a unit, the Raymond-Wellwood-Bernier line was far better than the RPM Line.

~Canucklehead~

Old
04-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Special K

Quote:
2nd comment...another retard who doesn't know the difference between... You are , Your're and Your
you're?

Old
04-16-2009, 03:15 PM
19nazzy

Quote:

~Canucklehead~
The audio was screwy for me so I could barely make out what they were saying.

04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
The audio was screwy for me so I could barely make out what they were saying.
You were better off for it. Only points I enjoyed the audio where Hughson's commentating, when Vancouver scored, and when Burrows and Kesler were trash talking!

~Canucklehead~

Old
04-16-2009, 03:19 PM
navarz

Quote:

~Canucklehead~
Are you kidding me? You already have Mr. Canuck doing play by play JH.
Unless everybody is kissing Vancouvers butt Vancouver fans think the world is against you. geez

Old
04-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumphod View Post
Yeah lots of Blues fans are saying the Canucks played a perfect game and only won 2-1.
Well IMHO, as much credit as I gave our effort, it wasn't the best possible game we could have played. We played and executed aperfect system game, as a team but not everything went our way. The individual efforts by your Demitras, Sundins and dare I say Burrows offensively left a bit to be desired. Also, it is hard to judge an overall effort based on a game where we were on special teams over half the game.

I found as well as we played in the 3rd, we weren't really going for the jugular and taking any chances to bury them, which wasn't so so bad. Mason played well, but it might have been one of those periods we make a goalie look a little better than he is because we were playing a pretty safe offensive game.

So, to say that was our best possible effort, while very good, is a little short sighted and good spin

Old
Brenton Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
It doesn't matter what's right or wrong, people are inherently violent. Blues fans don't deserve to be assaulted for simply supporting their team in Vancouver but that doesn't change the fact it's happened in the past, happened last night and will happen in the future.

In '04-05 I wore my Canucks jersey to the Saddle dome and was pushed, taunted and threatened in the nosebleed section from the second I got there 'til I made my way to the car after the game. I expected it and oddly enough thoroughly enjoyed it(maybe I should look into that).

You can argue right or wrong until the end of time. It won't change human nature.
That's a strange comment considering most of the adults on this board think physically confronting an opposition fan during the playoffs is idiotic. So maybe it isn't human nature.

Old
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarz View Post
Unless everybody is kissing Vancouvers butt Vancouver fans think the world is against you. geez
I'm not kidding...it was an observation I made and my opinion. For a game as evenly played as last night's was, you may well have thought the Blues were running us out of our own building. They were gushing on and on about them, and that's no joke.

~Canucklehead~

Old
04-16-2009, 03:22 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
LOL! Got to love those two.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Connecticut

Quote:
Don't give people a hard time for grammar mistakes when they're just trying to express their thoughts -- your being a jerk.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Jay Cee
P4G

Quote:
Originally Posted by navarz View Post
I didn't think the coverage was biased. I think it was pretty balanced.

As Yogi said, there was nothing gush-worthy about the Blues' effort last night. They didn't play horrible, but they need to play much better to win the series.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
I'm not kidding...it was an observation I made and my opinion. For a game as evenly played as last night's was, you may well have thought the Blues were running us out of our own building. They were gushing on and on about them, and that's no joke.

~Canucklehead~
Actually, if you watched their SC preview show, they all picked the Canucks in 5 or 6. The one person that pissed me off was Simpson.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:52 PM
navarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherJ View Post
That's a strange comment considering most of the adults on this board think physically confronting an opposition fan during the playoffs is idiotic. So maybe it isn't human nature.
No fan should be assaulted for wearing team colours. I have no problem with trash talking. I personally enjoy it and it should never result in violence.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:53 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

and that's a 1000 posts!

Closed Thread