HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Georges Laraques "Thornton's not in my league"

Old
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
big_habs_fan

vCash: 500
The more often George can take Chara and Lucic to the penealty box with him, the better. If he is going to be a difference maker in this series, he's going to have to make life miserable for Boston's key players all series long. I believe he can do it and I think he is anxious to show all the doubters that he can be a difference maker.

Go George! Go Hbas Go!!!

big_habs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Ya you're right. Laraque lost vs Thornton 3times, yet people still claim he's the best fighter out there..Why is that?..
Don't try to blame Habs fan for this as it's known throughout the LEAGUE.

The punches that you qualify as ''landing'' aren't even close to doing any type of impact.
You clearly have never been in a hockey fight, or any fight for that matter.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I gotta ask why anyone thinks the Bruins are going to pay ANY attention to Laraque???

Laraque is going to have to play physical and disturb the Bruins that way...meaning he's going to have to bury whatever player is in his way when he gets the chance. Other that, NO ONE on the Bruins is going to fight him...it's just not going to happen.

Also, don't expect the Bruins to try and run the Habs out of the building like they did last week. They're going to play a much, MUCH more disciplined game.
Probably some good points, but don't forget the Bruins seem to have a very fragile temper against the Habs. Maybe Julien wanted to get those emotions out last game while it didn't count.. If he did, he's a genius.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Probably some good points, but don't forget the Bruins seem to have a very fragile temper against the Habs. Maybe Julien wanted to get those emotions out last game while it didn't count.. If he did, he's a genius.
Last week's game was perfect...

It showed the Habs what they had to do to win, and it showed the Bruins what not to do vs. the Habs.

Who is able to better execute their gameplan, will win tonight, and will win the series.

But as for Laraque? Not a damn thing is going to happen...people need to get the hell off of this lame storyline.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 02:37 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Absolutely. The Bruins play worse against us when they think about goonery and not hockey. Their skill players fade while the others try to hit us instead of creating scoring chances. This is how we won in previous years, they'd beat us up (moral victories) but we'd win by outscoring them by large margins. Julien is an emotional coach and his former boss is behind our bench, we need to enrage him and his players so they take stupid decisions. Gainey needs to stir the pot in the first period then use our skilled players to take advantage of it.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I love those psychological games for George!

Hopefully other Habs players join in.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I love those psychological games for George!

Hopefully other Habs players join in.
Honestly, making comments like that I think hurts your team more than it does better...

The comments about Thornton himself was okay, but the other comments like this....

"I understand why they played that way, they didn't want to face us in the first round, they wanted to face the Panthers."

Is just stupid... its bulletin board for the Bruins... saying your a big guy, and can take anyone on the Bruins is fine, because you know what? He probably can (with the exception of Chara, who I don't think would fight BGL)... but to basically call out the whole Bruins team like that???....

STUPID

I would be pissed if I was Gainey, getting in their heads is one thing, but insinuating a team is fearful of you is another, and will ONLY be used against you

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
Honestly, making comments like that I think hurts your team more than it does better...

The comments about Thornton himself was okay, but the other comments like this....

"I understand why they played that way, they didn't want to face us in the first round, they wanted to face the Panthers."

Is just stupid... its bulletin board for the Bruins... saying your a big guy, and can take anyone on the Bruins is fine, because you know what? He probably can (with the exception of Chara, who I don't think would fight BGL)... but to basically call out the whole Bruins team like that???....

STUPID

I would be pissed if I was Gainey, getting in their heads is one thing, but insinuating a team is fearful of you is another, and will ONLY be used against you
Not really

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:

STUPID

Almost like when Thornton earlier this year said he was going to 'run over some frenchies' or something to that effect, I don't have the exact quote, but it was something dumb like that

Old
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
skule123

Quote:
Almost like when Thornton earlier this year said he was going to 'run over some frenchies' or something to that effect, I don't have the exact quote, but it was something dumb like that
My first thoughts exactly. At least Laraque wasn't insulting (some of) his teammates and coach.

skule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
I am not aware of such a quote, than he is just as dumb as BGL too

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
I am not aware of such a quote, than he is just as dumb as BGL too
either way...If you need an opponent to give you bulletin board material to get you going, chances are you won't have to worry about it soon anyways, you're team will be eliminated.

I have no idea why Laraque's comments have caused such a stir...he was asked about a specific opponent and replied that he wasn't in his class, so what? Was there any doubt that Thornton is not in Laraque's class?

Some members of the media ask loaded questions in this city and then, it's only the most controversial statement that gets all the press, non one talked about the context of this particular statement. They almost made it seem like Laraque had a press conference to anounce that Thornton's not in his league.