HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carcillo suspended one game (post #81)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2009, 03:35 PM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLin View Post
Doesn't change the fact that Carcillo was one of the few options to be out there at that time. You still don't put any of the top 6 or giroux/briere on the ice at that time.
Yeah, cuz Hartnell, Lupul, Richards, Carter and Knuble can't hold there own for 6 seconds if the pens threw a few shoves

Old
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
If Gagne, Richards, or Knuble had gotten slased would you have said it was fine? Look I would rather risk a carcillo suspension than a top 6 injury. I don't care if it a 100X more likely carcillo gets suspended I put him out there before I put any of the top 6 or valuable players out there.
They wouldnt have been slashed, if you didnt notice Carcillo was the one that started the shenanigans by hitting Talbot. Our player, not a penguin.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
04-16-2009, 03:37 PM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hamels View Post
They wouldnt have been slashed, if you didnt notice Carcillo was the one that started the shenanigans by hitting Talbot. Our player, not a penguin.
I know that but I am saying why give them the chance. Every coach in the game puts Carcillo out there.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:37 PM
IrishSniper87

Everyone is talking cheapshots but no one says anything about Fleury hitting Knuble in the back of the head FOR NO REASON after the play was over.

Am I the only who saw that and felt it was unsportsmanlike? I mean, you know Carcillo will hit a guy and thats his job, but Knuble wasnt even facing Fluery when Fluery whacked him.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:39 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
If Gagne, Richards, or Knuble had gotten slased would you have said it was fine? Look I would rather risk a carcillo suspension than a top 6 injury. I don't care if it a 100X more likely carcillo gets suspended I put him out there before I put any of the top 6 or valuable players out there.
Again, why would Pittsburgh resort to something like that in a game they controlled? All it would do is promote more chippiness going forward.

Hollywood Hamels just said it: it was the Flyers with the dirty play at the end of the game, not the Penguins.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
FlyersCup08

Quote:
It wasnt a chippy game until we made it one. Also the league sent out a note to all teams that last minute physical statements will not be accepted and will therefore be reprimanded for such actions.
Not chippy? How about MAF hitting Knuble in the back of the head with no call? Pitt-Phi is always going to be chippy, and we are not going to get any calls regardless if we have 18 Lady Byng nominees in the lineup. The fact that there is a Flyers crest on our players jerseys predetermines what the refs will call.

The NHL WANTS the Pens to advance, we are going to have to fight through that adversity, the same way we did against the Caps last year when they wanted Ovy to advance.

Old
hockeydadx2*

Just out of curiosity, how often does Carcillo take faceoffs?

Given how little time was left on the clock, it's clear that the only opportunity Carcillo would have to take his pound of flesh is if he was the Flyers' faceoff man. It's obvious why he was there. He's not going to be there unless his coach puts him there, so his mayhem has the appearance of being officially sanctioned. Since the league expressly commented that they did not want this type of behavior to happen, and the Flyers did it anyway.

Old
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Everyone is talking cheapshots but no one says anything about Fleury hitting Knuble in the back of the head FOR NO REASON after the play was over.

Am I the only who saw that and felt it was unsportsmanlike? I mean, you know Carcillo will hit a guy and thats his job, but Knuble wasnt even facing Fluery when Fluery whacked him.
I noticed it but the "refs were looking the other way". Also i remember in the GDT on the playoffs board a pens fan saying that they were glad that Fleury took a shot at that "punk".

Old
04-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

did he actually do anything? or was it just his "presence"?

Old
04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydadx2 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how often does Carcillo take faceoffs?
Rarely.

Quote:
Given how little time was left on the clock, it's clear that the only opportunity Carcillo would have to take his pound of flesh is if he was the Flyers' faceoff man. It's obvious why he was there. He's not going to be there unless his coach puts him there, so his mayhem has the appearance of being officially sanctioned. Since the league expressly commented that they did not want this type of behavior to happen, and the Flyers did it anyway.
Can't disagree.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:43 PM
KevinLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Again, why would Pittsburgh resort to something like that in a game they controlled? All it would do is promote more chippiness going forward.

Hollywood Hamels just said it: it was the Flyers with the dirty play at the end of the game, not the Penguins.
It doesn't matter why or the likely hood you don't put those top players out there to find out if they would try.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
It doesn't matter why or the likely hood you don't put those top players out there to find out if they would try.
When the likelihood that the Pens would try something is zero, it doesn't matter who's on the ice.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:49 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I noticed it but the "refs were looking the other way". Also i remember in the GDT on the playoffs board a pens fan saying that they were glad that Fleury took a shot at that "punk".
Haha, that's laughable. Calling Carcillo or even Asham a punk, ok, but Knuble?

It's all a matter of perspective. Hartnell gets thrown into the goalie, and arguably, didn't try to hard not to prevent it, and he is an idiot or a cool guy on our board, but over there he is the worst person ever for taking runs at the goalie.

Oh well, the reason I don't go over to the Pens board, is that I might just explode with anger at the comments.

Old
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Haha, that's laughable. Calling Carcillo or even Asham a punk, ok, but Knuble?

It's all a matter of perspective. Hartnell gets thrown into the goalie, and arguably, didn't try to hard not to prevent it, and he is an idiot or a cool guy on our board, but over there he is the worst person ever for taking runs at the goalie.

Oh well, the reason I don't go over to the Pens board, is that I might just explode with anger at the comments.
yeah, Knuble is probably the farthest thing from on the team haha

Old
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
DUHockey9

I hate complaining. I hate complaining by other fans, and I hate complaining by us. I just want to watch hockey.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
The only message that was useful was the one Gagne sent.
Exactly. Honestly, I'm sick of all this "send a message by gooning it up" mentality. Who cares if the Pens think they can walk all over us? Let them think that. All the more easy it'll be the following game to catch them off guard. Focus more on putting the puck into the net and less on eviscerating opposing players.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
Please suspend Carcillo, this way we'll be forced to use a productive player in his absence. On that he's supposedly being review on, I can't agree it's a suspendable offense.

Quote:
The only message that was useful was the one Gagne sent.
What one was that?

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)

Last edited by GKJ: 04-16-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old
04-16-2009, 04:31 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Please suspend Carcillo, this way we'll be forced to use a productive player in his absence.

What one was that?
The one that put a 1 on the board.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
The one that put a 1 on the board.
Oh, you mean when the score was 4-0?

Would have been nice if he showed up before that point. Maybe we would have had a 1 before the Penguins had a 1, 2 or even 3 for that matter.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
TKG*

Quote:
Please suspend Carcillo, this way we'll be forced to use a productive player in his absence.
Dan Carcillo, 9:15 TOI, 0+/-, 0PIM

Scott Hartnell, 18:12 TOI, 16PIM
Daniel Briere, 15:42 TOI, -2+/-
Jeff Carter, 17:00 TOI, 0 points
Claude Giroux, 11:03 TOI, -3+/-

The list goes on.

Do you just want to call up the AHL team, bud?

Old
04-16-2009, 04:34 PM
UseYourAllusion

I think neither Gagne's garbage time goal, nor the goonery at the end sends a message that will actually resonate.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
Dan Carcillo, 9:15 TOI, 0+/-, 0PIM

Scott Hartnell, 18:12 TOI, 16PIM
Daniel Briere, 15:42 TOI, -2+/-
Jeff Carter, 17:00 TOI, 0 points
Claude Giroux, 11:03 TOI, -3+/-

The list goes on.

Do you just want to call up the AHL team, bud?
Yes, actually, I've been longing for Josh Gratton to rejoin the team. At least he doesn't have a reputation for suspensions, dumb penalties and brings the same limited puck skills.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:38 PM
TKG*

Quote:
Yes, actually, I've been longing for Josh Gratton to rejoin the team. At least he doesn't have a reputation for suspensions, dumb penalties and brings the same limited puck skills.
Reputation for suspensions? For Carcillo's role, he actually doesn't have too many. He also has very few minor penalties and several of the calls against him were complete bogus calls by refs since he joined the Flyers.

Just because you look at cheesy PP points from the guys who play 5+ minutes per game on the PP doesn't mean you should take out your frustration on role players.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

vCash: 320
This is a win win. It's stupid if he gets suspended, and he shouldn't. But if he does it's not big deal he has pretty much sucked since we got him, and maybe we can give some more ice time to Giroux and get someone out there who plays hard.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:41 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
Reputation for suspensions? For Carcillo's role, he actually doesn't have too many. He also has very few minor penalties and several of the calls against him were complete bogus calls by refs since he joined the Flyers.

Just because you look at cheesy PP points from the guys who play 5+ minutes per game on the PP doesn't mean you should take out your frustration on role players.
That's a broad brush you paint. I'm assuming you're a new poster, just look up my old posts about Carcillo, this isn't a knee-jerk reaction. After the Ottawa game, I wanted him to be sent home and come back when there was an opportunity for him...after other guys got hurt.

Closed Thread