HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PO Game #1 -- Flyers at Penguins -- April 15, 2009 -- Part Two

Old
04-16-2009, 04:38 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I would say that what Lupul did on Sunday is more suspendable, but then again, when you put Carcillo on the ice - a guy who has taken 4 faceoffs all year, you're kind of exposing yourself to that.
The "you" here, of course, refers to Stevens. To the extent I believe anyone should have to meet with Campell, it should be Stevens and not Carcillo.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:48 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
I think the reason he put him out there was because of what Guerin did. Coburn slashed Guerin, and Guerin was clearly not happy about what happened before that faceoff, so that may be why he wasn't called for the instigator and why he went after Guerin.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:51 PM
UseYourAllusion

I agree with putting Carcillo out there. Ostensibly that's why a guy like that is on the team. And looking at the replay there really isn't a whole lot in the shot he took.

Old
04-16-2009, 04:59 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I kind of disagreed with it at first, but I guess it isn't the biggest deal that he put him out there in case the Penguins tried something off of the draw. Smart coaches don't put their stars out in a game that's out of hand, you put these guys out there in case something happens.

Old
04-16-2009, 05:03 PM
UseYourAllusion

It bothers me that Carcillo may have gone looking for trouble once he was out there. But I have no problem insulating the stars from a game that was over. I'd rather see Carcillo out to take the draw and be potentially injured/suspended, than any of our regular centers. Richie, Carter, Briere, Powe, Giroux are all much more valuable.

Last edited by UseYourAllusion: 04-16-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: now with spelling!
Old
04-16-2009, 05:27 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
I kind of disagreed with it at first, but I guess it isn't the biggest deal that he put him out there in case the Penguins tried something off of the draw. Smart coaches don't put their stars out in a game that's out of hand, you put these guys out there in case something happens.
The Pens had no reason to start anything, which is why they didn't. Carcillo had no business being on the ice with six seconds remaining.

Hopefully the team plays lights out without Carcillo so they at least question whether or not to dress him in Game 3.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
The "you" here, of course, refers to Stevens. To the extent I believe anyone should have to meet with Campell, it should be Stevens and not Carcillo.
bingo, not because of my dislike for Stevens but the fact that Carcillo was put out there to begin with. This is what Carcillo is paid to do and he did his job. When your "boss" tells you do do your job you do your job.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:47 PM
metalan2

Do you think the Flyers will continue to play the awful 1-2-2? I think they should attack the puck carrier to be more competitive. All out aggressive play..

What do you all think?

metalan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
The Pens had no reason to start anything, which is why they didn't. Carcillo had no business being on the ice with six seconds remaining.

Hopefully the team plays lights out without Carcillo so they at least question whether or not to dress him in Game 3.
You don't know though.

They could have put Richards out I guess, but I see why they put Carcillo out there.

Old
04-16-2009, 11:55 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
You don't know though.

They could have put Richards out I guess, but I see why they put Carcillo out there.
You're right. You never know 100%, but the Pens had 5 guys on the ice to the Flyers' 3 in a game where they were leading 4-1 with six seconds remaining. Logically, they have no motivation to stir the pot.

(Wow, that sentence has a lot of different number in it!)

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 06:56 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
You don't know though.

In that situation, most coaches would put their 3rd or 4th line out there. Carter and Richards had already logged a ton of ice time, and the game was done from the Flyers' perspective, so there was no point in putting one of your top lines on the ice.

Carcillo's reputation earned this one.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 07:56 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Stevens should have put Powe or Ross so it didn't look as bad on him. at least they are centers

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote