Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Örebro HK

Old
04-17-2009, 10:52 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Having said that, I think Örebro better spend some money.
to go bankrupt again?

i think not many players will be back. lots of new players coming. and hopefully it'll be about character.

in goal i agree with you. a good reliable goalie is what örebro needs.

on D i really want emil axelsson back. i have not heard anything about it though. no clue if he wants to.

if they really want to compete with the better teams, there's a lot of better players needed.

at least andersson will stay coach for 2 more years. and it sounds like he took a örebro discount.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
to go bankrupt again?

i think not many players will be back. lots of new players coming. and hopefully it'll be about character.

in goal i agree with you. a good reliable goalie is what örebro needs.

on D i really want emil axelsson back. i have not heard anything about it though. no clue if he wants to.

if they really want to compete with the better teams, there's a lot of better players needed.

at least andersson will stay coach for 2 more years. and it sounds like he took a örebro discount.
I kept hearing that kids like Emil would like to come back to Örebro if they made it out of the swamps. However, talk is cheap, and let's not kid ourselves, Örebro is the prime candidate to be relegated in an Allsvenska that will be considerably better next season than it was this year. So, who wants to come to Örebro right now unless "they have nothing to lose"?

As much as I hate imports, I have a feeling that one way to break the deadlock and show people how serious Örebro is to succeed would be to get one or two imports of higher rank. *shudder* ... They've got to do something to turn people's focus away from that pre-war cement bunker they call ice rink, which isn't even up to AS standards.

Peter's "Örebro discount" as it was labeled in Nerikes Allehanda is prolly more a media ploy from Örebro to portray Peter as an all-heart guy. I have nothing against him, and I'm sure he enjoys being part of Örebro's success, no doubt, but in all honesty, EVERYBODY is taking a "discount" right now. Where would he go and get a contract for better money than he got in Örebro? Surely, he didn't get the contract he would have gotten 2-3 years ago, but who is today? Even that "youngster" Staal went back to "BabyHawks," the all-heart-no-money team, and I heard he took a "BabyHawk" discount as well. ;-)

Seriously, the global credit freeze is a God's gift for Swedish hockey. I really believe that. The salaries have been incredibly inflated, and whereas they still are, I keep hearing great things such as greater focus on kids coming out of the organizations rather than imports. I can only be so naive to hope that it will actually find traction and become the "new" model, which I bet would also be a giant boost for the interest in Swedish Jr. hockey... hockey's real future in Sweden.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 12:58 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Marko Tuomainen's wife(or was it gf) is from Örebro... Maybe he is tired of austria...

Hulking righty-shooting monster slapshot for hire?

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 01:49 PM
zecke26

Quote:
I kept hearing that kids like Emil would like to come back to Örebro if they made it out of the swamps. However, talk is cheap, and let's not kid ourselves, Örebro is the prime candidate to be relegated in an Allsvenska that will be considerably better next season than it was this year. So, who wants to come to Örebro right now unless "they have nothing to lose"?
a prime candidate for relegation? i don't think so. örebro will have a rough season, it's never easy in a new league, but the money they can spend should be more than some smaller market teams. so it depends on how wise they spend it. they have to build a team with it. something they didn't do the past seasons. just adding talent isn't enough.

Quote:
As much as I hate imports, I have a feeling that one way to break the deadlock and show people how serious Örebro is to succeed would be to get one or two imports of higher rank. *shudder* ... They've got to do something to turn people's focus away from that pre-war cement bunker they call ice rink, which isn't even up to AS standards.
i like import players a lot. but it's a question of quality and the amount of players. 2-3 imports are pretty good. but you need guys who want to prove themselve in europe. maybe some who want to find a new home.

Quote:
Seriously, the global credit freeze is a God's gift for Swedish hockey. I really believe that. The salaries have been incredibly inflated, and whereas they still are, I keep hearing great things such as greater focus on kids coming out of the organizations rather than imports. I can only be so naive to hope that it will actually find traction and become the "new" model, which I bet would also be a giant boost for the interest in Swedish Jr. hockey... hockey's real future in Sweden.
to boost your juniors you have to care about junior hockey. and örebro is famous for their junior program.

new arena, better junior program...there's a lot of work to do in örebro to establish themself again in swedish hockey. i hope they are willing to do so. the whole region needs a hockey team i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Marko Tuomainen's wife(or was it gf) is from Örebro... Maybe he is tired of austria...

Hulking righty-shooting monster slapshot for hire?
no more finns to örebro please. they all disappointed. but then again tuomainen has at least a link to örebro. so maybe he'd be willing to play 2-3 years and help to build something. he's still a point-per-game player in NLB i think.

Old
04-17-2009, 01:57 PM
zecke26

next decisions:

- bengt höglund won't get a new contract.

- henrik löwdahl signed a 2y contract

- niklas lihagen signed a 3y contract (outclause to elitserien after 2y)

and i need help. i don't understand a sentence:
" Ett fruktansvärt tungt beslut att ta men vi har två väldigt heta målvaktsspår som vi anser vara snäppet bättre, säger klubbens ordförande Mikael Fahlander till Nerikes Allehanda. "

they had two goalies he says? who is the other one? or does he refer to eriksson?

oh and just while i'm writing it:

- jonas karlsson signed a 1+1y contract

- niklas sjödin still has one year left on his contract.

- gustav gräsberg has one year left too

Old
04-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Ribban

Quote:
and i need help. i don't understand a sentence:
" Ett fruktansvärt tungt beslut att ta men vi har två väldigt heta målvaktsspår som vi anser vara snäppet bättre, säger klubbens ordförande Mikael Fahlander till Nerikes Allehanda. "
A difficult decidion to make, but we have two very strong leads for goalie, on guys who we consider being better than Bengt, says MF to Nerikes Allehanda.

Old
04-17-2009, 05:48 PM
zecke26

Quote:
A difficult decidion to make, but we have two very strong leads for goalie, on guys who we consider being better than Bengt, says MF to Nerikes Allehanda.
ah, that makes sense. thanks. i thought it meant "we have two goalies and the other was better" and that's why i was confused.

so we will know the new goalie(s) soon it seems. nice.

Old
04-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Ribban

Quote:
no more finns to örebro please. they all disappointed. but then again tuomainen has at least a link to örebro. so maybe he'd be willing to play 2-3 years and help to build something. he's still a point-per-game player in NLB i think.
Not fair, I'd say. Teemu did a nice job and brought tons of energy to the ice. Mikko wasn't quite as succesful and probably benched for all the right reasons. However, as a defender, it was a lot harder for him to come in and establish himself in a defensive disaster than it was for anyone new on the forward spots.

I'm interested in seeing what changes Peter and Mozart are going to implement during the summer, and what kind of players they will go after....

I just hope Örebro's poor scouting changes dramatically for this year. Granted that HH was not the sharpest guy in the bunch when it came to optimizing his players' talents, according to my humble opinion, I still think Örebro could stand to consider the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."... I heard Mats Sundin is a free agent after this year! ;-) He has given all the right signals.. he thinks of himself as old, he said he didn't want to play in Elitserien AGAIN... DAMN! FITS LIKE A GLOVE! Get him, boyz!

At any rate, I wouldn't mind some Finnish SISU in Örebro, but probably more so up front than down deep. I'd love a checking line with Dwyer and two gents from Finland bringing some straight laced, in-your-face hockey to the table. Not enough of that in the current ranks.

Old
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Ola

Quote:
I think it's absurd. I can't really describe it any other way.

I mean, Tingsryd is somehow pissed .... because Asplöven didn't fold but instead played the best hockey they could. Were they supposed to fold?!?!? That would have been subject to an investigation in my book. If this is Taif's complaint, I find it absurd that the federation didn't kick it out 10 seconds after it was recieved.

I guess Taif also had a problem with Huddinge getting stuck in easter traffic and arrived late, therefore the game was delayed in Örebro. Bad. But, TAIF also declined the option to extend the 1st intermission and allow the game in Örebro to "catch up." WHY?!?!? Asplöven would have been just as bothered by the extra wait as TAIF would have been.

However, I still think that Tingsryd has a better team than both Huddinge and Nybro proved to be. They also have a strong base at home, selling out the barn night in and night out, so sure, I wouldn't let a few bad apples ruin the batch. I think tiny circumstances and "lucky bounces" (as always) put Örebro ahead of Tingsryd this year. Taif is clearly too good for division 1.
Haha Asplöven had like 13 skaters for the game too, so I don't know if they were that bribed.

Anyway its a typical Asplöven game.

In 2003 Örnsköldvik HC beats AHC with 11-1 at home. In Asplövens last game they play Ö-Vik at home, Ö-Vik outshoots them 52-18, guess the score! 6-3 to Asplöven. Ö-Vik would have stayed in the Allsvenskan with a big win in that game...

http://stats.swehockey.se/online/34/...op_default.htm

I've lead a game 9-0 with Asplöven, and lost 9-10 (we changed our goalie after 30 minutes, the backup wasn't stellar... ). We once put 95 shots on net in a game, and still lost, 9-11 I think or 8-10 or something (that must be some kind of record, we had 6 regular players (it was the last game of the regular season, on a sunday, and on Monday the qualifications for the div 1 started so the game was optional. We played the worst team in the Kalott-league (mix of swedish and finnish teams) that had not won a game all year. We had 6 guys from the mens team and a handful of kids. We took like a 7-0 lead after 25-30 minutes, then the other team scored a couple of goals and started to play like they were crazy. Shooting 95 shots and still loosing must be a record that never will be broken.

There isn't a sane person within 50 km's of that organization (for good and bad)...

Last edited by Ola: 04-24-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 04:21 PM
zecke26

we have our first acquisition!
marcus jonasen will be the much needed gritty forward. he grew up in örebro lan i read. so he's one of the guys who wants to come to örebro as soon as they play allsvenskan again it seems.

austrian/swede victor lindgran will have a tryout.

and the new goalie is a 99% sure thing, just a detail is missing.

well, it looks ok so far. most important players re-signed and jonasen is a great addition.

Old
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
zecke26

the new goalies are ridderwall and owuya from DIF. the one who won't backup wesslau will play för örebro.

wow...that's a big surprise.

Old
04-27-2009, 01:54 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:

the new goalies are ridderwall and owuya from DIF. the one who won't backup wesslau will play för örebro.

Sounds awesome for Örebro.

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Ribban

Quote:

... Haaardyyyy.... Haaaardyyy!
Hrm... I guess it's not only what you know, but who you know... ;-)

So, Jonasen... who will need people around him putting pucks on the net, and young goalie from DIF.

I believe we will see a few more names pop up this week.

Old
04-28-2009, 06:08 AM
zecke26

Quote:
So, Jonasen... who will need people around him putting pucks on the net, and young goalie from DIF.
jonasen makes a lot of sense i think and the goalie situation is great now. i expect owuya to be in örebro, but he will push hard to gain the backup spot at DIF. so no matter who's down, they should be on fire. both are pretty equal i think and wesslau is not the super starter. so whoever wins the backup spot can fight for more.

Quote:
I believe we will see a few more names pop up this week.
it seems that markus andersson is the first lost son who will come back. leaving örebro didn't work for him somehow, so maybe coming back makes sense for both sides.

Old
04-28-2009, 12:49 PM
zecke26

almqvist, orrsten and svensk re-signed. good news i think. all three have allsvenskan experience.

Old
04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Ribban

Quote:
almqvist, orrsten and svensk re-signed. good news i think. all three have allsvenskan experience.
More importantly, I think, they are part of the core.
ÖHK needs strengthening, but putting out 20 new guys on the ice won't be very effective either. I'm glad to see those guys onboard.

Not sure about Marcus Andersson though... I think the man, if he is even in the plans, should be brought on only after a try-out. There must be better options on the table.

Old
04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
zecke26

Quote:
More importantly, I think, they are part of the core.
ÖHK needs strengthening, but putting out 20 new guys on the ice won't be very effective either. I'm glad to see those guys onboard.
yep, the core is completely under contract now. 8 Fs, 4 Ds and the backup from last year. that's solid. with jonasen there's the 9th F.

so now they need to find 4-5 new Fs (depends on how much they want to carry) and 3 Ds.

Quote:
Not sure about Marcus Andersson though... I think the man, if he is even in the plans, should be brought on only after a try-out. There must be better options on the table.
i think he could be one of those extra guys. sign 14 Fs and let andersson be the one who has to play himself into the team. when he left he had some promise. i think he can develop into a very decent player on allsvenskan level. he had another good season in div1 so why not giving him the chance. he's a homegrown kid and i'm sure he works his butt off to be succesful.

Old
04-29-2009, 09:48 AM
zecke26

it's official now, andersson is back.

Quote:
En bra spelare som blivit ännu bättre när han varit iväg. Han har också ett stort Örebrohjärta och jobbar hårt för sina lagkamrater. Att hjärta, hårt arbete och laganda är mycket viktiga ingredienser fick vi bevis på förra säsongen och vi vill fortsätta bygga laget med just detta. Vi är mycket glada att han honom tillbaka i klubben, säger ordförande Mikael Fahlander till hemsidan.
http://www.orebrohockey.se/nyhet.php?id=764

Old
05-05-2009, 06:01 AM
zecke26

finally a chance to bump this thread again!

alexander täng, defender from boras, is new. not sure what to think about it. not really the calibre i had hoped for. but i might be wrong about täng.

gordie dwyer won't get a new contract and will leave. hmm...as long as they will replace him with another tough guy i'm fine with it.

Old
05-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Ribban

Quote:
finally a chance to bump this thread again!

alexander täng, defender from boras, is new. not sure what to think about it. not really the calibre i had hoped for. but i might be wrong about täng.

gordie dwyer won't get a new contract and will leave. hmm...as long as they will replace him with another tough guy i'm fine with it.
I have a funny feeling that Jonasen is supposed to provide the muscle in front of the net, something Gordie used to do, but a club needs more than one... Then again, the Andersons were brought in late last season and had to play with the cards dealt to them. Their idea on what and who they need and want to play is certainly different from HH's, so it makes sense that some of the "good old guys" have to go. They are still "good guys" but may not fit in with what Peter and Mozart have in mind for next year. Can't just change the coaching staff and expect results. Bummer though... Gordie was a fan favorite.

Täng... I don't know much about him either. It feels like another hire based on past performance. NA highlighted his past in the U-National Teams and then a quick once over on stops after that. But, I suppose Örebro has to roll their dice a little bit, everyone coming in can't be first liners. A club needs depth as well, and who knows, maybe he gets his jets going in Örebro and turn out to be a marquee guy?

Bofors looks like they could be hurting for next year.

Old
05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
zecke26

Quote:
I have a funny feeling that Jonasen is supposed to provide the muscle in front of the net, something Gordie used to do, but a club needs more than one... Then again, the Andersons were brought in late last season and had to play with the cards dealt to them. Their idea on what and who they need and want to play is certainly different from HH's, so it makes sense that some of the "good old guys" have to go. They are still "good guys" but may not fit in with what Peter and Mozart have in mind for next year. Can't just change the coaching staff and expect results. Bummer though... Gordie was a fan favorite.
well, while dwyer surely provided grit, was a fan favorite and really went where no else wants to go, his skills were pretty...hm...limited. a dwyer-like player with a bit more skills would be nice as replacement, someone who can still score a bit on allsvenskan level.

Quote:
Täng... I don't know much about him either. It feels like another hire based on past performance. NA highlighted his past in the U-National Teams and then a quick once over on stops after that. But, I suppose Örebro has to roll their dice a little bit, everyone coming in can't be first liners. A club needs depth as well, and who knows, maybe he gets his jets going in Örebro and turn out to be a marquee guy?
the more i think about him, the better i like it. he's at least a well-trained player and 104 allsvenskan games are sort of experience, especially for a 23y old. and the goal is to stay in allsvenskan, isn't it?

let's see who else in on D:

svensk, 25y old, 170 allsvenskan games and another two full season with örebro. could need more offense, but i'd say he's very reliable and not a bad player for allsvenskan.

lorentzon, 23y old, pretty much no experience. and a pure stay-at-homer. not sure if he's any good at this level. but somehow i guess he's as good as someone on 3rd D-line has to be.

filander, 27y old, 111 allsvenskan games. not very offensive either. what exactly is his role? hmm...

and then there's this austrian-swedish guy who's on try-out:
lindgren, 24y old, 219 games at highest austrian level. no clue how good he is, but no offense pretty much.

so what's missing? exactly, at least two offensive Ds and i wouldn't mind both being 28-33y old. experience is needed along with puckmoving ability. but 4,5 Ds won't be the end, so i guess they are still working on getting the guys needed.

Quote:
Bofors looks like they could be hurting for next year.
yep, boras doesn't look that good either at the moment. not sure about the other teams. but it should be possible to stay in allsvenskan for our guys.

Old
05-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Ribban

Hmm. Well, I sorta' like the idea of Bofors hanging around.

... I... hrm... well.... ... a'men va fan..... asså... I would be okay with if Vita Hästen just for once get their crap together and got out of the swamp as well, but I guess I better not hold my breath waiting for those clowns to put together a program worth pissing at.

Old
05-06-2009, 03:41 PM
zecke26

the next lost son is back: johan adolfsson.

not the scorer this team needs, but every lost son coming back is a good thing.

Old
05-07-2009, 11:15 AM
zecke26

everyday a lost son returns: emil axelsson is back!

if healthy, he is definately a big improvement.

who is it tomorrow? calle gunnarsson?

Old
05-11-2009, 09:37 AM
zecke26

Ö- R – Där gräset är grönare
E – B – Är stämningen skönare
R – O – Känslan blir starkare i Örebro

Ö- R – Är allt genuinare
E – B – Blir minnena finare
R – O – Spänningen ökar i Örebro

millencolin made a new hymn for the soccer team, simply called "örebro"

you can listen to it at na.se including the whole text.

i know this board just waited for that song!