HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tape tree

Closed Thread

Old
09-16-2004, 04:50 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Tape tree

With the lack of NHL hockey, I thought perhaps some might be interested in setting up a tape tree of hockey games. It's very simple, you just post if you know of any games that will be on tv, and if someones interested, you work out a trade or cash for postage/blanks.

As an example, I might be getting some RSL games, as I know two people that can get tapes for me. I'm hoping to get the AK Bars-Neftekhimik game tomorrow, but it's a long shot, as it might not be on tv. (but I think it's Kovalchuk's debut in the RSL with AK Bars, I just want to see Korneev and Grabovski mostly though) If not I should be able to get a small amount of games though.

I also get a ton of NCAA games, some AHL, some OHL, some Q, and hopefully one of our good posters here is going to help me get some Prince Albert games (thanks Don if you still can) Plus I get a very small amount of ECHL and USHL but it's unknown how many. All other Euro league games I may be able to get thanks to having several contacts all over.

I just thought that some posters might be interested in seeing other hockey that they might not get a chance to see. I know I'm always interested in seeing any of the Habs prospects, so if anyone else is interested post here or pm me.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:06 PM
MasterD

YES!! YESS!!!! Please send all of that directly in my blood!!

Seriously, if there's anyway I can get tapes of the 'dogs, I'd be really happy

Old
09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Aarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
hopefully one of our good posters here is going to help me get some Prince Albert games (thanks Don if you still can)
I live in Regina Saskatchewan, the only problem is that very few WHL games actually get televised. While I plan on going to see lots of raiders games this winter, I don't see how its going to be possible for us (Saskatchewanites) to tape the games.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:17 PM
chicpea*

Ideally, someone would have a Tivo or something [?] and then it would be much easier to transfer the tapes digitally. One day soon this will be commonplace hopefully.

Anyway Dan, I'd like to help you out but apparently, our new Salmon Kings team (ECHL) will be playing the first 4 months on the road due to "unexpedted delays" in the new arena's construction.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:21 PM
justicex

RDS is supose to broadcast some friendly NHL quebequers playing during the lockout. It was not very clear because they are still warping the hole thing, but it seemed like a friend league where the players are NHL quebequers, so we might see like Lecavalier playing with Gagne, or stuff like that.

Lets hope they put the thing 100% official.

RDS told that few days ago, when they got asked what they are going to do with no NHL.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:22 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Ideally, someone would have a Tivo or something [?] and then it would be much easier to transfer the tapes digitally. One day soon this will be commonplace hopefully.

Anyway Dan, I'd like to help you out but apparently, our new Salmon Kings team (ECHL) will be playing the first 4 months on the road due to "unexpedted delays" in the new arena's construction.
If by Tivo you're speaking of VIVO video cards (video-in video-out), well I have one and many people do. The problem would be to store al lthose games on a server. Not many servers would allow us to store gigs of videos for free

Old
09-16-2004, 05:25 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Still good to go Dan!!

I also read that Sportsnet is looking to add AHL games. If they regionalize their coverage Sportsnet West (which I get) likely will focus on Edmonton Roadrunners, against whom the Dogs play 12 games this season. Fingers are crossed on that one.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Still good to go Dan!!

I also read that Sportsnet is looking to add AHL games. If they regionalize their coverage Sportsnet West (which I get) likely will focus on Edmonton Roadrunners, against whom the Dogs play 12 games this season. Fingers are crossed on that one.
I get sportsnet east, so does tha mean Dogs games??

Old
09-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Aarex

I was checking sportsnet's line up and there is lots of hamilton games sceduled...unfortunatly it will probably just be for the east.

Old
09-16-2004, 06:21 PM
NonoRobot

I'd be interested by almost QMJHL games, I can't tape. Like games on Eastlink and Rogers.

Last edited by NonoRobot: 09-16-2004 at 06:57 PM.
Old
09-16-2004, 07:02 PM
CH74

Well, if there's money involved, I wonder who's gonna pay the copyright to the respective league. Even if there's no money around, is that legal to pass tapes of copyrighted stuff on a large scale?

Old
09-16-2004, 07:04 PM
velimiiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH74
Well, if there's money involved, I wonder who's gonna pay the copyright to the respective league. Even if there's no money around, is that legal to pass tapes of copyrighted stuff on a large scale?
Wow... whatta dork.

Old
09-16-2004, 07:15 PM
CH74

I'm a dork.... wow great argument. Where do you live my friend? In la-la-land where everything is free? It's legal to " fair use" the stuff you buy or buy to watch but to distribute it through an internet site to unknow people around the world? I don't think so. It's not an opinion, we live in a world where there is laws, like it or not.

Old
09-16-2004, 07:22 PM
MasterD

Quote:
I'm a dork.... wow great argument. Where do you live my friend? In la-la-land where everything is free? It's legal to " fair use" the stuff you buy or buy to watch but to distribute it through an internet site to unknow people around the world? I don't think so. It's not an opinion, we live in a world where there is laws, like it or not.
Don't talk about it, I'll act as if I didn,t know, and I'll be more than happy. Thank you, have a great evening.

Old
09-16-2004, 07:28 PM
CH74

BTW, I think it's a good idea from Montreal, i'm not against it. For people who don't have accesibility to these games (european and others), wich is most of us, it's about the only solution there is. I was just asking myself outloud the question of the legallity of it.

Old
09-16-2004, 10:13 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
BTW, I think it's a good idea from Montreal, i'm not against it. For people who don't have accesibility to these games (european and others), wich is most of us, it's about the only solution there is. I was just asking myself outloud the question of the legallity of it.

You have to get permisson from the league since they own the copyrights. I've contacted several teams in the past for permisson and or help in getting games they may have on tape but no one from any of the Euro teams got back to me and the NCAA teams were even less helpful. NHL teams might be different but I'm only interested in prospects, so I never had a reason to contact them.

The point of this thread is to spread hockey around since it may be in short supply for some this year. Last year I got a ton of games on tape and saw a lot of good hockey, so I thought perhaps this year others might be interested in seeing these games, and perhaps I could end up seeing even more games.

Hamilton is what I'm most interested in, the RSL games are very tough to get and cost a good bit since I have to pay to get them transfered from PAL to north american, but it was well worth it as I got about 6 games last year and 1 sm-liiga game, which was great fun to watch. I'm also hoping to get a lot of Prince Albert and any Q games, since the NCAA and OHL are easy for me to get.

Last edited by montreal: 09-16-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old
09-16-2004, 10:17 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Still good to go Dan!!

Cool, great to hear. I'm sure I'll have some games you would be interested in seeing. Any Prince Albert games or Dogs games would be great!

Closed Thread