HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak will have to steal game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Price will play game 3.
Nothing more needs to be said.
I don't see any reason to change it. Price isn't the reason we're down two games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
Price and Halak cannot hide horrid defense.
Yup. But people will always look for someone to blame.
Quote:
Its not Gainey's fault this year either. Gainey took the same team that finished first in the east last year and made it to the second round of the playoffs, added Lang, Tanguay and Laraque, and hoped for an even better year.
I agree. I think Bob could've made some moves at the deadline but he did the best that he could. Marian Hossa would've been nice but at the end of the day the guy has to WANT to come here. Judging by some of the posts here with people screaming that Price is a "punk" why the hell would he want to? Montreal is the place to go if you want to get ripped by your own fans.
Quote:
If the prideless second line shows up to play, Montreal could do well.
I don't know what's happened to these guys but you're right. We need scoring from somewhere.
Quote:
I really hope that the Kostitsyn brothers and Plekanec are gone next year. You need character to carry a team, and these guys just don't have any.
The Kosti's are too young to give up on. Pleks might be gone though. He disappeared last year in the playoffs and had a poor season. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't return.

I also won't be surprised if he does really well wherever else he goes.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 04-19-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old
04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
yvan74

Price is still to Immature to handle a starting job in a big city!

If the job was split between him and Halak then things would be different!

I JUST HOPE WE DON"T LOOSE HALAK IN A COUPLE YEARS BECAUSE OF BOB"S EGO!

he is a clip of prices Immaturity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5wszbbF6A0

Old
04-19-2009, 10:29 AM
gillyguzzler

The team plays better overall when Halak is in net. I don't know why but they do.

That said, Price will start game 3 because he is Gainey's man and he'll stick by him. Price got beat by too many medium distance shots and, with such a fragile team and weak defence, it's game over fairly quickly. I have more confidence that Halak can steal one.

Old
04-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Souvenirs

Lol I hate those kind of conspiracy threads.Reminds me of ''the darkest day in Habs history'' where almost every game we would hear ''the team is hiding things...oooohh...they are silencing those who can talk! oohhh...30 policemen are waiting outside the Bell Centre tonight!!''

''Price is in nets because Bob likes him!! If Halak steps in he'll look bad!!''

Also the hating Price gets from fans because he's a party boy.
Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** if the players go out?
Partying is not the reason for our crappy year. Hell, they partied hardier last year and we were 1st in the conference.

Old
04-19-2009, 10:33 AM
malton

stay out of the box. 3/5 = game over.

/end thread

Old
04-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvan74 View Post
Price is still to Immature to handle a starting job in a big city!
No he isn't. He's been amazing for us. He was great last year and great up until his injury. He came back too early and got smoked.
Quote:
If the job was split between him and Halak then things would be different!
No they wouldn't. The team in front of him sucked for about a month and God himself couldn't have saved the team. Halak couldn't do it either. Price righted himself and put up his usual numbers and then Markov went down...

Quote:
I JUST HOPE WE DON"T LOOSE HALAK IN A COUPLE YEARS BECAUSE OF BOB"S EGO!
Bob's ego? Get over yourself man.

Price is one of the best prospects in the league. Its guys like you that just make players not want to come here. If we had drafted Lecavalier you would've wanted him traded too.

Quote:
he is a clip of prices Immaturity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5wszbbF6A0
Yeah, we should trade him for that. Maybe you should take a look in the mirror.

Get over yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
The team plays better overall when Halak is in net. I don't know why but they do.

That said, Price will start game 3 because he is Gainey's man and he'll stick by him. Price got beat by too many medium distance shots and, with such a fragile team and weak defence, it's game over fairly quickly. I have more confidence that Halak can steal one.
Halak wouldn't have fared any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Lol I hate those kind of conspiracy threads.Reminds me of ''the darkest day in Habs history'' where almost every game we would hear ''the team is hiding things...oooohh...they are silencing those who can talk! oohhh...30 policemen are waiting outside the Bell Centre tonight!!''

''Price is in nets because Bob likes him!! If Halak steps in he'll look bad!!''

Also the hating Price gets from fans because he's a party boy.
Am I the only one who doesn't give a **** if the players go out?
Partying is not the reason for our crappy year. Hell, they partied hardier last year and we were 1st in the conference.
Guy Lafleur would know this better than anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
stay out of the box. 3/5 = game over.

/end thread
Exactly.

We're playing their game, not ours. We have to go back to skating and not trying to match them hit for hit. And Laraque has no business being on the 1st line. Its killing us.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-19-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old
04-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Shred

The bottomline is Markov will have to steal game 3. I don't think anyone else on the team has the potential to steal games anymore. Our goalies are young and inconsistent, our forwards are young and awful, and our skill players are old. Still I guess miracles can happen like how we were competing before the Gorges penalty in the third...

Last edited by Shred: 04-19-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old
04-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Halak or Price if he starts do not have to steal a game. They just need to play well, make some key saves and have their team play better than Boston.

Old
04-19-2009, 10:48 AM
kovaless

I've been quietly watching the series and not saying much, cause usually i only have iphone with me when watching, so it's tough to post.

I think it's safe to say that Halak is in for the 3rd game. If Bob felt everything was alright with Price, he would have stayed left him in for the 3rd period.
Needless to say, they didn't score against Halak, and it did look like the team played a little better with him in net.

-I really don't know what it is. How a team can have 50% of their players lose 75% of there talent midway though the year. Something happened outside the locker room, I'm sure of it.

-I've really never seen Akost play so poorly. Even when he was slumping, and least you would know he was in the game.

-If we had akost and pleks playing decently (like a goal every other game least),stop taking so many stupid penalties, and stop playing like fruitcakes, we might be in a different position.

-Also, if perhaps a call went our way once and awhile, we might have a pretty entertaining series. Probably still lose because of injuries, but we'd take a couple games for sure.

-Anyone have fun watching kovy last night ?

Old
04-19-2009, 10:56 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
He showed this year that he can steal some important games.. but I'm sure Gainey won't play him.. I mean, how bad would he look if we start winning with Halak?
worst than that .... according to his logic , halak is in nets next game ... he's gonna steal it, but then he'll come back with Carey the fat Clown in game 4.

I think I would actually bet on that.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovaless View Post
I've been quietly watching the series and not saying much, cause usually i only have iphone with me when watching, so it's tough to post.

I think it's safe to say that Halak is in for the 3rd game. If Bob felt everything was alright with Price, he would have stayed left him in for the 3rd period.
Needless to say, they didn't score against Halak, and it did look like the team played a little better with him in net.

-I really don't know what it is. How a team can have 50% of their players lose 75% of there talent midway though the year. Something happened outside the locker room, I'm sure of it.

-I've really never seen Akost play so poorly. Even when he was slumping, and least you would know he was in the game.

-If we had akost and pleks playing decently (like a goal every other game least),stop taking so many stupid penalties, and stop playing like fruitcakes, we might be in a different position.

-Also, if perhaps a call went our way once and awhile, we might have a pretty entertaining series. Probably still lose because of injuries, but we'd take a couple games for sure.

-Anyone have fun watching kovy last night ?
Kovalev has been awesome. He's the only guy showing up right now. He makes all kinds of passes that our players can't convert. We need some more trigger men on this team.

Hey...

I wonder if Ryder's available?

Old
04-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
worst than that .... according to his logic , halak is in nets next game ... he's gonna steal it, but then he'll come back with Carey the fat Clown in game 4.

I think I would actually bet on that.
The fat clown?

Habs fans lack of class reach new highs.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Prudentius

I like Gainey and I hope all the best for the guy, but I don't think he has been that great to Montreal. Our talent underrated, other talent overrrated. His blind loyalty to Theodore cost Julien his job, and when he realised how wrong he was, he traded Theodore. (For the record I think Julien is a bad coach, but that's beyond the point). Now he's pulling the same thing with Price. Complete blind loyalty to him. When he starts losing it, Carbo gets fired when he starts playing Halak.

I can't say that he's doing a disastrous job, but his tenure in Montreal has been horrible as far as goalies are concerned. He keeps getting in the coach's yard when it comes to goaltending and 2 coach have gotten fired because of the goalies. Carbo was going to send Price back in the AHL for 1 year when Gainey stepped in and forced him to keep him in Montreal. Never like that from Gainey.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Magic33

Price needs to make the big save at the right time. Im sorry but when its a close game and Hnidy comes down the ice and shoots from the top of the circle, you need to make that save, no excuse. Its not like it was chara. Its just not his year, its not the end of the world either. Give Halak a shot and we'll worry about next year when next year comes.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Price needs to make the big save at the right time. Im sorry but when its a close game and Hnidy comes down the ice and shoots from the top of the circle, you need to make that save, no excuse. Its not like it was chara. Its just not his year, its not the end of the world either. Give Halak a shot and we'll worry about next year when next year comes.
This is what the blind Carey Price supporters are neglecting to address.

I've been bashing him, but I'm not ignoring the fact that the Bruins are and have been the better team all season long. I'm well aware of the fact that the defense in of him sucks! The Bruins forwards are running him and parking their rumps in his crease on every offensive possession.

My point of contention is that Price HAS TO MAKE A CRUCIAL SAVE! There are moments where all teams have their goalies play out of their minds and make saves that are surefire goals and just win the game! This is what we have yet to see this in his short NHL career. If you're going to be the # goalie, you have to have at least 1 of these games.

Obviously it Bob's gainey's fault for putting all his eggs in Carey's basket with such a porous defense. But he has Halak who's shown that he is mentally tougher than Price (thus far) and might be able to steal a game or two (as he's done in the regular season). It's imperative to put Halak in the game right now and send Price back to the Hamilton so that he can develop. He's NOT ready for the big lights of the NHL and even brighter lights of the NHL playoffs in Montreal. I certainly hope he doesn't turn into a Justin Pogge.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Rickkins

Halak will play games 3 & 4...and if he wins, price will ride the pine untill he's traded in the off season. Gainey has invested much in carey, but now, even as carey's staunchest supporter he must realize that price is just another in a long line of theodore's....

To hell with carey price, he sucks. Halak all the way..!!

Old
04-19-2009, 11:38 AM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

my god this board is full of 12 years old who knows absloutly nothing about hockey
price was the reason the game was even at reach kovalev was the oonly one on the team that showed up one of the worst team efforts if not the worst one this year we didnt even get 1 shot on the 5 minutes powerplay price fault ofcourse
most habs penaltys were deserved but with good professional officating we would have had 10 powerplays atleast bruins late hit or crosscheck on pretty much every single play

Old
04-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Bermy

Perhaps we lost not because of Price but because the Bruins are a better team than us?

Old
04-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHabsFan View Post
This is what the blind Carey Price supporters are neglecting to address.
Dude, nobody is blind here.

Price was solid for us all of last year and this year up until he got hurt. You seem to ignore this for some reason.

Yeah, he came back too early went into a slump (along with the rest of the team) but he came out of it. He's done the best that anyone could in these playoffs and you're still blasting him.

You are the one who looks like Stevie Wonder here.
Quote:
I've been bashing him, but I'm not ignoring the fact that the Bruins are and have been the better team all season long. I'm well aware of the fact that the defense in of him sucks! The Bruins forwards are running him and parking their rumps in his crease on every offensive possession.
Why bash him? Seriously? The guy doesn't deserve it. If you want to bash, bash the rest of the team.

Quote:
My point of contention is that Price HAS TO MAKE A CRUCIAL SAVE!
What the hell are you talking about????

The guy makes crucial saves all the time. Our team CAN'T SCORE! We always have pressure in our end. Sooner or later one of those shots is going to go in.

He's gave us a chance to win game one after we were completely outplayed in the first period. Once again we were outshot and took stupid penalties.

Oh and one more thing...

He's responsible for making the first save. Its up to our defense to CLEAR the puck. We don't do this. How many of those goals are being scored because our guys aren't doing their jobs?

Quote:
There are moments where all teams have their goalies play out of their minds and make saves that are surefire goals and just win the game! This is what we have yet to see this in his short NHL career. If you're going to be the # goalie, you have to have at least 1 of these games.
What have you been watching? Did you not see those crazy saves he made esp the one where it was going in off his back and he somehow kept it out of the net?

C'mon man. At some point its up to our players to SCORE.

We're always outshot and we don't put the puck in the net. THAT'S our biggest problem, goaltending is the least of our worries. Unfortunately, its also the easiest thing for simpletons to point their finger at.

We lost? It must be the goalie's fault.
Quote:
Obviously it Bob's gainey's fault for putting all his eggs in Carey's basket with such a porous defense. But he has Halak who's shown that he is mentally tougher than Price (thus far) and might be able to steal a game or two (as he's done in the regular season).
How has Halak shown that he's mentally tougher? He hasn't done anything of the sort. Halak went on a good streak when Price went down but he wasn't any better than Price was when the team went south. Why would we switch out our number one guy for the backup?

You want to fix the team? Get them to skate and score. Leave the goaltending alone.
Quote:
It's imperative to put Halak in the game right now and send Price back to the Hamilton so that he can develop. He's NOT ready for the big lights of the NHL and even brighter lights of the NHL playoffs in Montreal. I certainly hope he doesn't turn into a Justin Pogge.
This is quite possibly the stupidest post ever made on these boards.

So you want a guy who had a .919 save percentage and led us past the Bruins last playoffs with three shutouts... a guy who was at .920 before he got hurt and has no business being blamed for what's happening out there... to go to Hamilton?

Dude, do us a favour. Turn in your Hab jersey and go cheer for the Bruins. They'll like you over there.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:52 AM
BLONG7

Halak should start game 3, end of story...

Old
04-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
my god this board is full of 12 years old who knows absloutly nothing about hockey
price was the reason the game was even at reach kovalev was the oonly one on the team that showed up one of the worst team efforts if not the worst one this year we didnt even get 1 shot on the 5 minutes powerplay price fault ofcourse
most habs penaltys were deserved but with good professional officating we would have had 10 powerplays atleast bruins late hit or crosscheck on pretty much every single play
Actually, I'm looking at the number of posts some of these guys have. I wouldn't be surprised if they're just trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Halak should start game 3, end of story...
If he starts, fair enough. I don't see why we should start him over Price though.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-19-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old
04-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Dude, nobody is blind here.

Price was solid for us all of last year and this year up until he got hurt. You seem to ignore this for some reason.
You seem to have been in some place outside the range of a Habs broadcast.
Price went to Hamilton you may recall.

Doesn't really matter, Price needs to improve from a performance and maturity point of view. He'll probably do it watching Halak for a while.

Old
04-19-2009, 12:09 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
If he starts, fair enough. I don't see why we should start him over Price though.
I guess the 4.80 GAA w/ a .875 SV% doesn't show you? How about the career .897 SV% or 3.05 GAA in the playoffs? That doesn't do it for you either? How about the career .385 WIN%?

I mean I always found it funny how people would say Patrick Lalime was a bad playoff goalie. He sure wasn't clutch, but if he was bad, I don't even want to find a word for Price's playoff career thus far. By the way, Lalime posted a career .926 SV% w/ a .177 GAA over his 41-game playoff career.

Old
04-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
you are extremely insightful.

Thos who "know hockey" correct? So you will tell me that Hnidy, Ryder and Savard's (first goal)goal were impossible to stop? Im not denying we gave up quite a few scoring chances and Price made some nice stops, but we knew coming into the series that the ONLY way we would have a chance is if Price was incredible. I would hesitate to say hes been even good.
When you are outmatched (ie rangers-capitals) you need your goalie (ie lundvist) to give your team a chance to win every night. And 5 goals in 2 periods isnt that.
DO you think after a horrible season guys would all of a sudden play great hockey? Especially without their best player.

PS if you are a goalie you would see how unecessary Price's mouvments are moving laterally across the net. He isnt looking confident and just because you make a nice glove save does not omit you from getting criticized.

As "hockey" people would know, the confidence and calmness of a team works from the net out. If you have confidence in your goalie, you play confident. Price dosent exude confidence, he exudes cockyness. He dosent act like a team player, and i seriouly hope he gets an attitude ajustment in the offseason.

Im all for Halak in game 3.

Old
04-19-2009, 12:23 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
you are extremely insightful.

Thos who "know hockey" correct? So you will tell me that Hnidy, Ryder and Savard's (first goal)goal were impossible to stop? Im not denying we gave up quite a few scoring chances and Price made some nice stops, but we knew coming into the series that the ONLY way we would have a chance is if Price was incredible. I would hesitate to say hes been even good.
When you are outmatched (ie rangers-capitals) you need your goalie (ie lundvist) to give your team a chance to win every night. And 5 goals in 2 periods isnt that.
DO you think after a horrible season guys would all of a sudden play great hockey? Especially without their best player.

PS if you are a goalie you would see how unecessary Price's mouvments are moving laterally across the net. He isnt looking confident and just because you make a nice glove save does not omit you from getting criticized.

As "hockey" people would know, the confidence and calmness of a team works from the net out. If you have confidence in your goalie, you play confident. Price dosent exude confidence, he exudes cockyness. He dosent act like a team player, and i seriouly hope he gets an attitude ajustment in the offseason.

Im all for Halak in game 3.
Excellent post! Obviously, it's too much to expect the Price lovers to understand anything you've written.

Closed Thread