HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

How the Blues Were Rebuilt Quickly

Old
04-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Checker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
great job on the details; however I wouldn't consider the Blues rebuild to be quick. I mean they are still in essence a rebuilding team, but a lot closer to their goal, but even if you consider the team to be rebuilt I would not define a 5 year rebuild as quick.
5 years????

They missed the playoffs for 3 years and made it in 6th spot this season. Being this competitive; this is rebuilt as going forward the expectations and in theory performance will only go up.

Plus, there's the fact that our cupboard was as bare as can be with prospects and most of our good players were shipped off by Bill Laurie. We started from scratch and went from a joke to a threat in 4 years.

I don't understand the purpose of this post other than some sort of sour grapes

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 07:19 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Removed by author.

Last edited by PocketNines: 06-23-2009 at 06:29 PM.
PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 07:32 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Yeah, its ironic the one big free agent splash signing, Kariya, hasn't participated this year (hardly at all) in the turn-around.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 07:42 PM
txbluesfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satchmo View Post
A possible explanation: Crombeen was playing Junior hockey in Barrie. Ottawa's 2001 7th round pick Jan Platil played on the same team. Crombeen rookie season (not his draft year) was in 2001-02. Jarmo was still employed by the Senators around that time. Maybe he saw something in BJ.
I think the assist on the Crombeen score should probably go more to Armstrong than Jarmo, but either way how can you not absolutely love the direction and future of this team. Damn its good to be a Blues fan! Now lets get a split tonight....

txbluesfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 11:10 AM
crazyforhockey

How about Davidson...he has a clear eye ongood rebuilding................and how important was not trading Keith at the deadline......Van better beat the blues this year because it will get tougher and tougher.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote