HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Selling Contracts !

Old
04-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Selling Contracts !

The Rangers possibly could get out of the some bad contracts if they can sway Brian Burke into taking one , with us offering possibly our draft pic in exchange for doing so . Burke has a lot of wiggle room and wants pics to flip back to the Isles to grab Tavares .

Many scenarios come into play in this equation with TB wanting to shed Vinny's contract and they hold the # 2 pic which is almost as good as the #1 pic . Philly has Briere who they would love to shed as an example and I'm sure there are many teams around the league that would love to clear space and surrendering a 1st , albeit a late one in some cases might be a practical solution .

If the Leafs could handle 3 of these contracts and wheel Vinny out of TB in doing so...they have a few cards to play at the draft .

Who knows...the Isles might want to rid themselves of Dipietro's contract and might take that # 2 pick off of Toronto via TB[Hedman] and then Toronto would pick first !

Mind you it is all speculation at this point but one never knows .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
The Rangers possibly could get out of the some bad contracts if they can sway Brian Burke into taking one , with us offering possibly our draft pic in exchange for doing so . Burke has a lot of wiggle room and wants pics to flip back to the Isles to grab Tavares .

Many scenarios come into play in this equation with TB wanting to shed Vinny's contract and they hold the # 2 pic which is almost as good as the #1 pic . Philly has Briere who they would love to shed as an example and I'm sure there are many teams around the league that would love to clear space and surrendering a 1st , albeit a late one in some cases might be a practical solution .

If the Leafs could handle 3 of these contracts and wheel Vinny out of TB in doing so...they have a few cards to play at the draft .

Who knows...the Isles might want to rid themselves of Dipietro's contract and might take that # 2 pick off of Toronto via TB[Hedman] and then Toronto would pick first !

You bring up allot of interesting questions.

But TB could "get rid of" LeCavaliers contract without giving up a pick (for sure). They could probably get someone pretty good in return too.

Also, I am not at all sure that any team in the league would be willing to move a 1st to get rid of a contract...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post

And why do I need to know about what you'd like the Leafs to do? Did I stumble into the Leafs board by accident?

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 12:31 PM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
And why do I need to know about what you'd like the Leafs to do? Did I stumble into the Leafs board by accident?
I think your blind or have a hatred for OP. Hes saying that because of Toronto's situation, they would be a likely place for us to shed a contract.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

why on earth would any team do that for an under 35 player?

just send whichever player it is you hate to hartford, wham bam thank you maam. no cap hit, and its not like the Rangers cant afford to pay that salary, their payroll was like 90 million dollars before the cap era, and before these huge ticket increases and additional MSG channels etc etc. They are making money hand over fist. why give up an asset to get rid of a player when you can just waive em and let em rot in the minors.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Not really interested in giving up assets to get rid of a contract. I'm sure Sather will figure something out. I hate the guy, but he is full of surprises.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 12:50 PM
LyNX27

Really I'd rather prefer just trading the player with the contract for another player/players, holding onto them, or letting them rot in minors. As much as I dont fancy some of these guys... Better to not hurt the future over it.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote