HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak will have to steal game 3

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2009, 02:27 PM
habdynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
No he's not. By the end of their respective careers, Halak will have amassed a far more winning and successful career.
hahahahahahahahahahahahah want to bet

Old
04-19-2009, 02:29 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
haha
how the **** would you know?

man... some people
Haha, read his post in this thread.. #62, for a better laugh.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Rickkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Where did you buy your crystal ball?
I think everyone here wants to buy one.
Well d'uh man....it's an opinion. You surely have yours, that one's mine....
And last I checked, we still live in a free country, where the suppression of opinions is frowned upon. (except of course in here, where those who dare voice a contrary opinion are villified...)

Old
04-19-2009, 02:44 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Halak will let in 6 goals tomorrow.
Habs lose.
Price will be blamed because he made Halak what his "bad" goaltending from the bench.
This is the funny thing.

Many of us, who are labelled as "Price Bashers," are simply wanting a change FOR RIGHT NOW! Price in net, .. it's not working. Whether that's his fault, whether that's the teams fault, or whether its the fault of the ice.. I don't care. We need a change for right now. We want Halak to play, because we want a change and we want our team to keep playing hockey.

Meanwhile, so many of the Price supporters are hoping or saying that Halak will play bad tomorrow. Why? Why would you do that? Do you want Price to win, or the Canadiens?

Most of us aren't making predictions about Price's future, we are talking about his present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He's not ever going to be a star.
Thanks for predicting the future. Since you're so good at it, can you tell me who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 3 years, so I can bet on it now and make a lot of money? Or hell, who is going to win the World Series this year?

Quote:
First of all, he doesn't have the size to be a star in this league. There are exceptions of course but in this day and age you pretty much have to have the size.
Alright, we aren't talking about a forward or defenseman here. Size means nothing, so long as the goalie can stop the puck and make saves. He's dominated (or in the NHL's sake, been very good) despite his size. What's going to change that as he matures and grows up?

Quote:
Second, he doesn't have the success behind him. He's been inconsistent and he's two years older. Yeah, he's been a lot better than we expected but could you imagine another team offering us anything of value for him? Me neither.
He doesn't have the success behind him? Can you please explain this?

Price won a Calder Cup? Great, on the team that Halak got into the playoffs (maybe something similar can happen right now . But anyway, Price won a Calder Cup? Halak has represented his country in a World Competition above juniors.

Price has had shutouts in the NHL? Oh look, so has Halak.

Price has won games in the NHL? Oh look, so has Halak, and he's done it, percentage-wise, a lot more often.

Price has good career stats (in the regular season), oh look Halak's are very similar, if not a bit better.

Price has mediocre numbers (in the playoffs), oh look Halak's are better (though he's only played in 3 playoff games).

Price has been sent to the minors during an NHL season because of performance? Oh look, that's never happened to Halak.

Price was drafted 5th overall and has worse career stats than a guy drafted over 200 picks after him? Ah crap.

So again, can you please tell me what success you speak of?

Quote:
He might be good enough to be a starter somewhere and have a decent career but that's probably about it. He's great as a backup though and I like having him.
It's funny how you talk about Price's potential and how he's going to be so great, and the main reason you use is his age. Halak is pretty damn young right now as well.

He's had twice as hard as road to the NHL as Price and he made the NHL all of one year later (in terms of age, not an actual timeline). Big whoop.

Quote:
If he steps into the crease tomorrow, he'll have my support. I just think we should leave Price and hope that the team plays better in front of him. Goaltending isn't our problem right now.
I don't care who is in net from Carey Price to Jaroslav Halak to Loic Lacasse, so long as they give us a chance to win and make the saves when we need it.

Price always makes incredible saves. No question. But the Hnidy goal yesterday is what finished the game for us. You can blame the team all you want, I know they aren't playing to potential. But with Price in net, we haven't won recently. Maybe Halak can change that, maybe he can't.. but with potentially just two games left in our season, it's worth the chance.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
mrCoffea*

The problem with Halak....

The problem with Halak, is that we didn't ****ing play him enough near the end of the season!

Sure Halak had some poor showings this season, but he has also PROVEN that he can steal games. Price has been letting in 3 or more goals every night he's out there, unless our scoring is always on, it makes it hard for us to win games. And I don't care what anyone says regarding "the team in front of Price", EVERY SINGLE GAME he lets in at least one goal that he should have saved, and often times, that goal makes the difference.

We should have played Halak more near the end of the season instead of banking on Price, just so Halak gets some confidence and game minutes. It's not fair for Halak to always be thrown in once in a while, because if he happens to have a bad game people seem to think we shouldn't have played him and if he wins one but then loses the next one, they say he got lucky or that the rest of the team was "on" that night saving his ass. That's all ******** first of all, and I'll go on record (and I've gone on record in the past) to say that I feel much more confident with Halak in nets this year than with Price

Price had a great start this season, but ever since he got "injured" (or got into trouble, depending on the rumors you want to believe) he's been a shadow of his former self. At that point, why keep giving him chances when we have an EXCELLENT backup goalie that can take charge. If Price has proven to us he can't win games, roll with Halak. Not just for one game, not just in pure desperation moments, but just ****ing give him his chance. He's probably hungry, and he has the talent. As far as backup goalies are concerned, you couldn't really ask for more

I don't want to come off as anti-Price, because I'm not. But there's no denying he hasn't looked too sharp out there. I wish him all the best in the off season and I hope he comes back strong next year, but I think it's time for him to sit back and enjoy the show while Halak gets handed the driver's seat for the rest of the playoffs. We aren't winning with Price in nets anyways, so even if we lose the last two games with Halak, it wouldn't be as big of a "risk" as people make it out to be. I'd rather the piece of mind Halak brings me than the "praying Boston doesn't shoot on net because every shot out of 10 is likely to go in" when I see Price right now

Old
04-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
He might be a "looser" but he can't see you butcher the spelling of the word "loser" because his 6 Stanley Cup rings are covering his eyes!
Haha, I'm temped to use this as my new signature.

- Ken Dryden
Old
04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
If he starts, fair enough. I don't see why we should start him over Price though.
6 of one, half dozen of another...I think if we look back recently, it was Halak and the Habs went ona bit of a run when Price was sick, and this got us off a losing streak, and Halak has stolen a couple of games for us this year, something that Price just doesn't seem to be able to do these days...don't get me wrong, I am a huge supporter of Price, but he has had his chance, if we remember back a couple of seasons, we chased Gerber from the Canes net, and Ward went on to win them the series, and the Cup...

Old
04-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
This is the funny thing.

Many of us, who are labelled as "Price Bashers," are simply wanting a change FOR RIGHT NOW! Price in net, .. it's not working. Whether that's his fault, whether that's the teams fault, or whether its the fault of the ice.. I don't care. We need a change for right now. We want Halak to play, because we want a change and we want our team to keep playing hockey.
I don't remember labelling you anything. You've brought up valid points and I've tried to answer your questions as honestly as I can.

I don't think changing the goalie is the answer.

Quote:
Meanwhile, so many of the Price supporters are hoping or saying that Halak will play bad tomorrow. Why? Why would you do that? Do you want Price to win, or the Canadiens?
Its pretty ironic that you say that you've been labelled a Price basher and then turn around and ask me this question.

Go and read my actual posts. I said I'd support the guy all the way.

Quote:
Most of us aren't making predictions about Price's future, we are talking about his present.

Thanks for predicting the future. Since you're so good at it, can you tell me who is going to win the Stanley Cup in 3 years, so I can bet on it now and make a lot of money? Or hell, who is going to win the World Series this year?
Why ask me the question then?

Look if you don't want my opinion don't ask for it. You asked me what I thought was a reasonable question and I attempted to answer it for you. Sorry if you don't like the answer but the truth of the matter is that no team would offer us anything for him. Why? Because he's probably a career backup. I'm not Marvin the Mindreader though and I can't predict the future. If you want to know the future get in your Delorean and go see for yourself.

Until you have that capability though, either don't ask me the question or listen to what I have to say and respond intelligently.
Quote:
Alright, we aren't talking about a forward or defenseman here. Size means nothing, so long as the goalie can stop the puck and make saves. He's dominated (or in the NHL's sake, been very good) despite his size. What's going to change that as he matures and grows up?
Brian Burke was interviewed yesterday about what makes a goalie successful. He listed size as number one. If you don't have it you'd better be able to be exceptional in other areas of the game because you're at a big disadvantage.

Size doesn't "mean nothing" and it never has. Bigger goalies tend to be more successful... this goes all the way back to the days of Clint Benedict for God's sake. The bigger you are the more advantage you have. It doesn't mean you need size to be successful, only that its an advantage and if you don't have size you have to be exceptional in other areas. You think its a fluke that Roy and Dryden were such huge guys?

Quote:
He doesn't have the success behind him? Can you please explain this?
It doesn't need to be explained. You tell me what he's done to warrant you thinking that he has star potential. The burden of proof is on you, not me.
Quote:
Price won a Calder Cup? Great, on the team that Halak got into the playoffs (maybe something similar can happen right now . But anyway, Price won a Calder Cup? Halak has represented his country in a World Competition above juniors.

Price has had shutouts in the NHL? Oh look, so has Halak.

Price has won games in the NHL? Oh look, so has Halak, and he's done it, percentage-wise, a lot more often.

Price has good career stats (in the regular season), oh look Halak's are very similar, if not a bit better.

Price has mediocre numbers (in the playoffs), oh look Halak's are better (though he's only played in 3 playoff games).

Price has been sent to the minors during an NHL season because of performance? Oh look, that's never happened to Halak.

Price was drafted 5th overall and has worse career stats than a guy drafted over 200 picks after him? Ah crap.

So again, can you please tell me what success you speak of?
He is the only goaltender in hockey history to be named CHL Goaltender of the Year, World Junior Championship's tournament MVP and win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy, all in the same year. He is also the only goaltender in hockey history to win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy the same year as playing junior. He's the first Habs rookie to have a shutout in the playoffs and the guy got two including a game 7 win.

He hasn't just done well, he's totally dominated. Halak doesn't have close to his resume. That's why he's the backup.

As for him being a flop in the playoffs, be fair. He shutout the Bruins a couple of times last season including a 7th game victory where it was touch and go through the first period. He made the key saves to keep us in the game. Would Halak have won it for us? I don't know, the flex capacitor is all out of plutonium. But at least acknowledge that Price has had some success here.

And be fair. Listen to the highlights here... you keep talking about him needing to make critical saves. Listen to the commentators talking about how he kept the Habs in the game in the first period. He then makes another great save and Kovalev goes in to score to get us to 2-1. Even with the softie its still ridiculous what he's having to face in this series.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...479&src=sports

And be honest... who do you think we could get more for in a trade right now? You don't need to be Marvin the Mindreader to answer this question.

Quote:
It's funny how you talk about Price's potential and how he's going to be so great, and the main reason you use is his age. Halak is pretty damn young right now as well.

He's had twice as hard as road to the NHL as Price and he made the NHL all of one year later (in terms of age, not an actual timeline). Big whoop.
This isn't about me hating Halak. I don't. I like him and I hope he stays with us. If Gainey goes with him, I don't think it will be the end of the world. I think Halak can hold his own.

I gave you the reasons why I think we should stick with Price though and I don't think they're unreasonable. Truth is I think its a cointoss as to who's going to start the next game. My problem isn't with Halak, its with the guys who sit there and blame Price for losses in games where we had no business being in. Its BS and its why star players don't come here.

Quote:
I don't care who is in net from Carey Price to Jaroslav Halak to Loic Lacasse, so long as they give us a chance to win and make the saves when we need it.

Price always makes incredible saves. No question. But the Hnidy goal yesterday is what finished the game for us. You can blame the team all you want, I know they aren't playing to potential. But with Price in net, we haven't won recently. Maybe Halak can change that, maybe he can't.. but with potentially just two games left in our season, it's worth the chance.
And that's fair enough. If Bob goes with Halak I'm not going to root against him. I have no problem with the guy, I'd just prefer that we stick with Price because I don't think he's the problem here. I think switching him out is just going to hurt his confidence for the future.

Goaltending isn't the problem, the offense and defense is. Fix that and things will be fine. Its not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
6 of one, half dozen of another...I think if we look back recently, it was Halak and the Habs went ona bit of a run when Price was sick, and this got us off a losing streak, and Halak has stolen a couple of games for us this year, something that Price just doesn't seem to be able to do these days...don't get me wrong, I am a huge supporter of Price, but he has had his chance, if we remember back a couple of seasons, we chased Gerber from the Canes net, and Ward went on to win them the series, and the Cup...
This is kind of my thinking... 6 of one half a dozen of the other. No difference, so why put doubt in your starter's mind when he's not at fault for the loss?

If Halak comes in though, that's fine. I'll still cheer for him. I just think the real problem is the team in front of the goalie right now.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-19-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old
04-19-2009, 04:31 PM
habtastic

K...so about Price winning all those trophies. that's great, happy it happened and all, in the same year and stuff. Since when did players' junior careers make us decide whether they should play the next game or not. I am almost certain Gainey will go with Price, but honestly, for the well articulated points above, I think Halak has a better chance of winning for us. I was defending Price in game 1, so (I love how between ourselves, we have to preface a comment like this) i'm also not a supporter/basher/mercenary. I think Halak should be up there with Lapy for most underrated player (is that what the beauchamp trophy is for exactly? cuz that's kind of a dubious honour, a little insulting to be called sous-estime). As I posted somewhere before - when Price was bad (now he's, i'd say...not enough), Halak was spectacular (we were all surprised he didn't get star of the week recognition). I think it's a better gamble to go with Halak cuz somehow he seems to handle pressure a lot more. Imagine if we go down at home tomorrow by a goal, or worse two goals and it's Price in nets (that happened even when he played well in game 1)? It will be the second POs in a row that home fans will lose their minds and have a serious hate-on for Carey, who needs the chance to grow. BTW I was at game 2 of the Philly series...was not a happy camper after those brutal goals.

At the same time, we can go back to what Theo did in 2002. Who was our backup then? Hackett was injured right? Anyway, it's not like Carey's been flat out terrible, but he hasn't stolen a playoff game so far (even last year) single-handedly. And yes, sometimes you do have to rely on your goalie to do that, particularly with the bums in front of our net right now (no, not Holmstrom...our D). I can see either goalie doing it on Monday. I just (and this is all you can go on right now unless you are in the dressing room) feel like due to his performances this season, Halak has a better chance. Anyway, it won't be him, so please Carey, pull some playoff magic. Chips are down. way way down. if you can pull it off, and this series as a whole, you will one day get a chance to be seen in public with Paris Hilton.

Old
04-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Doc McKenna

LaFleur Guy
No you didn't, you have said emphatically that price has to start because he isn't playing bad, you said it's the team that is only playing bad.

Old
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
lol natey....halaks represented his country at world championships above junior because he doesnt have to compete vs brodeur and luongo einstein... its slovakia for crissake..

Old
04-19-2009, 05:21 PM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Price will get game 3 and he is not the reason that the team is down by 2.

Says the guy with the bigger loser name and avatar.
The biggest loser you're talking about coached the Habs to a cup.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-19-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Play nice.
Old
04-19-2009, 06:32 PM
kovaless

I like price, but seriously he is a little immature. Case in point dealing with that bruins fan last night.
Did not handle it well at all. But, I don't blame him. Bob thrusting him into the spotlight last year was bad. Trading our #1 was bad. Leaving price in to get humiliated against the oilers was bad.

Any off ice issues, which I believe exist, are on his problems. Give him 2 years (1 full year as a backup) and I think he will become our franchise player. Put to try and make him now is not right, and was one factor almost leading us to miss the post season, and might contribute to us exiting quickly.
God I hate typing with iPhone

Old
04-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovaless View Post
I like price, but seriously he is a little immature. Case in point dealing with that bruins fan last night.
Did not handle it well at all. But, I don't blame him. Bob thrusting him into the spotlight last year was bad. Trading our #1 was bad. Leaving price in to get humiliated against the oilers was bad.

Any off ice issues, which I believe exist, are on his problems. Give him 2 years (1 full year as a backup) and I think he will become our franchise player. Put to try and make him now is not right, and was one factor almost leading us to miss the post season, and might contribute to us exiting quickly.
God I hate typing with iPhone
The reason we almost missed the playoffs isn't Price!
And if we lose against Boston, it sure as hell isn't his fault.
How can such a season be blamed on 1 player?
This team sucks at defense and has a bad offense. When you don't have that, you struggle to win hockey games. That's what is happening to us.

Halak stole 2 games in February.Great for him and the team, but that was long ago. As if Halak never had abysmal games this year! Everyone remembers Price's struggles, yet it seems no one remembers Halak had many bad games where he was pulled, too. In February he outplayed Price but for the rest of the year both have been on the same level. It might be Halak's turn to start a game and it could be good for Price, but to insist that we are in 8th place and losing this series because of Price is foolish.

Old
04-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Jean Beliveau

Quote:
I don't remember labelling you anything. You've brought up valid points and I've tried to answer your questions as honestly as I can.

Its pretty ironic that you say that you've been labelled a Price basher and then turn around and ask me this question.

Go and read my actual posts. I said I'd support the guy all the way.

Why ask me the question then?

Look if you don't want my opinion don't ask for it. You asked me what I thought was a reasonable question and I attempted to answer it for you. Sorry if you don't like the answer but the truth of the matter is that no team would offer us anything for him. Why? Because he's probably a career backup. I'm not Marvin the Mindreader though and I can't predict the future. If you want to know the future get in your Delorean and go see for yourself.

Until you have that capability though, either don't ask me the question or listen to what I have to say and respond intelligently.

Brian Burke was interviewed yesterday about what makes a goalie successful. He listed size as number one. If you don't have it you'd better be able to be exceptional in other areas of the game because you're at a big disadvantage.

Size doesn't "mean nothing" and it never has. Bigger goalies tend to be more successful... this goes all the way back to the days of Clint Benedict for God's sake. The bigger you are the more advantage you have. It doesn't mean you need size to be successful, only that its an advantage and if you don't have size you have to be exceptional in other areas. You think its a fluke that Roy and Dryden were such huge guys?

It doesn't need to be explained. You tell me what he's done to warrant you thinking that he has star potential. The burden of proof is on you, not me.

He is the only goaltender in hockey history to be named CHL Goaltender of the Year, World Junior Championship's tournament MVP and win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy, all in the same year. He is also the only goaltender in hockey history to win the Jack A. Butterfield Trophy the same year as playing junior. He's the first Habs rookie to have a shutout in the playoffs and the guy got two including a game 7 win.

He hasn't just done well, he's totally dominated. Halak doesn't have close to his resume. That's why he's the backup.

As for him being a flop in the playoffs, be fair. He shutout the Bruins a couple of times last season including a 7th game victory where it was touch and go through the first period. He made the key saves to keep us in the game. Would Halak have won it for us? I don't know, the flex capacitor is all out of plutonium. But at least acknowledge that Price has had some success here.

And be fair. Listen to the highlights here... you keep talking about him needing to make critical saves. Listen to the commentators talking about how he kept the Habs in the game in the first period. He then makes another great save and Kovalev goes in to score to get us to 2-1. Even with the softie its still ridiculous what he's having to face in this series.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...479&src=sports

And be honest... who do you think we could get more for in a trade right now? You don't need to be Marvin the Mindreader to answer this question.

This isn't about me hating Halak. I don't. I like him and I hope he stays with us. If Gainey goes with him, I don't think it will be the end of the world. I think Halak can hold his own.

I gave you the reasons why I think we should stick with Price though and I don't think they're unreasonable. Truth is I think its a cointoss as to who's going to start the next game. My problem isn't with Halak, its with the guys who sit there and blame Price for losses in games where we had no business being in. Its BS and its why star players don't come here.

And that's fair enough. If Bob goes with Halak I'm not going to root against him. I have no problem with the guy, I'd just prefer that we stick with Price because I don't think he's the problem here. I think switching him out is just going to hurt his confidence for the future.

Goaltending isn't the problem, the offense and defense is. Fix that and things will be fine. Its not the other way around.

This is kind of my thinking... 6 of one half a dozen of the other. No difference, so why put doubt in your starter's mind when he's not at fault for the loss?

If Halak comes in though, that's fine. I'll still cheer for him. I just think the real problem is the team in front of the goalie right now.

What's with the love affair with Price. I've been a been a huge fan of his ever since we drafted him but the reality is that he's simply not getting the job done at the moment.

This is about the Montreal Canadiens hockey club and not the Carey Price fan club.

Game #3 is our 1st game 7 of many and I think Halak gives us the best chance to win period.

Price is still young and still of of the most talented young goalie in the league.

Give Halak a chance and let's hope he can run with it for our sake.

Old
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
JohnnyB11

Umm, game #3 is actually game 3, not game 7.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:29 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

I'm going to answer the rest of your post when I get the time, but just to let you know, if you read back, I was quoting someone else on this particular reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol natey....halaks represented his country at world championships above junior because he doesnt have to compete vs brodeur and luongo einstein... its slovakia for crissake..
The goalies were Chris Mason, Cam Ward, and Dwayne Roloson, but thanks for the tip, Einstein.

Nice try on that one though!

Old
04-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Boulette Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
When did Halak get a goal scored against him where he had something to complain about?

Price got :
-The puck stolen under his glove
-Obstruction on him

Don't get me wrong, both goals were good but he's right to be a bit pissed.
Hahaha, don't make me laugh. It was like he was holding a living canary under there. He needs to make sure he covers the puck better than that. He's not playing against kids.

200+ pounds guys will get that puck out if its not frozen properly, and he knows that. Just the fact that he was crying to the ref after that showed me he really isn't mature.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I'm going to answer the rest of your post when I get the time, but just to let you know, if you read back, I was quoting someone else on this particular reply.
It doesn't matter. You're still repeating the mistake that you claim others are making.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:39 AM
marvelousmotion

Recap of the second half of the season:
  • After the all-star break, Price losses 9 of his next 11 games.
  • Halak steps in, ends our crazy losing streak by stealing us games that we did not deserve to win.
  • Gainey decided to end the season with Price in the nets and he looked shaky on several occasions.
  • Price starts the playoffs being 0-2, with a .875 save percentage and a 4.82 GAA.

A lot of you already forgot, but Halak was the one who helped us get in the playoffs two years ago (2006-2007), winning important games for us during that march streak.

So does Halak deserve a chance to prove his worth? Yes, no doubt in my mind.

Will Price ever become a franchise player or is he going to have a more successful career than Halak? No one can knows and no one can predict.

What we should all know though is that the way Price has been playing is not helping us win games.

Old
04-20-2009, 02:33 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
It doesn't matter. You're still repeating the mistake that you claim others are making.
Alright, this, I have to hear. Can you explain to me, how I'm repeating the mistake I claim others are making?

The post I quoted directly said that Halak was going to let in 6-goals tomorrow and also had a bunch of nonsensical sarcasm added about how that will be Price's fault.

What I meant by my reply was does he care more about Price or the Canadiens putting up wins (leading closer to a Stanley Cup). In no way, have I ever said that I don't support Price 100% when he's in net. In no way, have I ever said that Price is garbage. In no way, have I ever put a player above the Canadiens.

Brisebois, has been my favourite player since I've watched hockey. He left to the Avalanche, guess who my favourite team was? Still the Habs. Brisebois came back, he played poorly in game #1, guess who wanted him to sit? Me.

I may think Brisebois has been more useful than some others on this forum. But I will never put a player above my team, and it seems that some posters here are doing that, when they start predicting or hoping Halak plays poorly.

I wasn't referring to you in any sense, with that post because I believe you do put the Canadiens before any player. I may think that your choices or opinions on this subject are wrong, but I'm not taking you as one of the ones who look at the name on the back before the name on the front.

Old
04-20-2009, 07:01 AM
ReVeuF

Halak got the potential to pull a Cam Ward, i feel it

Old
04-20-2009, 10:16 AM
RE-HABS

I guess Steve Mason in Columbus isn't the real deal anymore either after being down 2-0 and for having a .890 saver precentage and a 4.00 goals against too!

Old
04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I guess Steve Mason in Columbus isn't the real deal anymore either after being down 2-0 and for having a .890 saver precentage and a 4.00 goals against too!
There's a difference when that goalie is the pure reason you gained a playoff birth. Mason is the reason the Blue Jackets made the playoffs for the first time in their history.

Mason, also, had an incredible season in comparison to Price's nightmare of a season.

You can give a little more wiggle room for a goalie who has performed at a high level all season, something Price hasn't done since 2008, on a consistent basis.

Mason has never played a playoff NHL game before, Price now has 13 games of experience while posting a 3.05 GAA and .897 SV%. If you're happy with that, fine. But I'm not one who wants to except mediocre performances.

Not to mention they are playing against most people's favourite out of the Western Conference, where-as Boston is second or third on that list (behind Pittsburgh & New Jersey).

Old
04-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Halak got the potential to pull a Cam Ward, i feel it
from the bench

looks like Price is in for tonight's game

Closed Thread