HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lucic is suspended until a disciplinary hearing is held

Old
04-19-2009, 01:24 PM
12jf54

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
As a Bruins fan you better hope for Lucic's sake that the league is suspending him for 2 games and Boston sweeps the Habs, because Laraque is going to hammer him now.
That was my first thought when i saw Lucic being a jackass. He probably didn't want no part of the Habs fans and will "ask" Campbell to suspend him two games... Laraque doesn't care about being suspended or at least shouldn't care. Even if it's for 3 or 4 games, he missed about 35-40 games due to injury this year including the first two weeks...so it would actually be a long term investment to go after Lucic.

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
One problem though... he is a *****.... He is just like avery acting all tough pushing people around, then when it is time to man up he runs away like a little girl.
I don't like the kid's antics, but that's not totally true. He does drop the gloves but he's very selective with whom he drops them. When you cheap shot players, you gotta face the music and that music is anyone who is challenging you, including Laraque.

He's like the kid on his PlayStation who chooses to play only the teams which he knows he can beat, not wanting to risk losing to the best...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-19-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Edited quoted post.
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
MD Bruins Fan

I'm glad that we could discuss this topic civilly. As I said earlier, to me the intent is not there for a suspension. It looks like Lucic was trying to defend himself and got his hands up too high. The penalties were the justice that was required. I think both sets of fans are letting emotions drive their thinking a bit. I think I'd probably be feeling the same way if this was a Hab who pulled a similar incident (in fact we were all upset about the lack of discipline for Kostopoulos and Komisarek the other night).

I could be wrong. We'll see what happens. And I'd love to see a Laraque-Lucic fight. Contrary to Habs' fans beliefs, Lucic has fought some big dudes in the NHL, like Ivanans, and beaten them.

MD Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Tray4Adams

Suspension? That cross-check doesn't even compare to Komisarek eye-gouging.

I really think it could go either way, but I could careless if he gets suspended or not. It does look more like glove than stick, and with Kostopolous nearly missing Hunwick and getting nothing, I could definately see Lucic getting off.

The only thing working against Lucic is that he got the match penalty, something Kosto didn't get.

Tray4Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Newhabfan

The reason a suspension is needed - there has to a be a direct real consequence of his actions on his team.

At 5-1 the game was over - 2,5,10 + do not matter.

If the game was 3-2 for the Bruins then yes, the 5 minutes would have been punishment enough.

The message sent to players would be catastrophic if there is no suspension.

Also - Lucic has a history of violence. Twice in his NHL career he kept pummeling a guy that was down on the ice (and it's only due to refs that it did not happen more often). Had it been Bergeron or Wheeler it would be a totally different story.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:49 PM
habtastic

If the league wants to stop that from happening again, and ffs they HAVE to, they must give him a suspension for CROSS CHECKING A GUY IN THE FACE. doesn't get much clearer than that. I think Kosto should have got some sort of punishment, cuz I dunno what he was thinking on that elbow, but I guess the rule is only if you connect. Connect, Lucic did...hard and badly. Defense? What should he be so scared of from Lappy? I'm surprised he opted for that instead of trying to drop the gloves. Then Max would have been in trouble (full credit to him fro sticking up for Schneids, the guy really is a hell of a teammate).

As for BGL smashing Lucic's nose. I think it might have to be done in two shots. Too much surface area. Actually him and Chara have something going there. BTW, I totally agree that Chara is great at digging in every corner.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Here's hoping he gets suspended. We need some momentum here and this just might give it to us.

Lucic isn't the guy we need to worry about anyway.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:02 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
I'm glad that we could discuss this topic civilly. As I said earlier, to me the intent is not there for a suspension. It looks like Lucic was trying to defend himself and got his hands up too high. The penalties were the justice that was required. I think both sets of fans are letting emotions drive their thinking a bit. I think I'd probably be feeling the same way if this was a Hab who pulled a similar incident (in fact we were all upset about the lack of discipline for Kostopoulos and Komisarek the other night).

I could be wrong. We'll see what happens. And I'd love to see a Laraque-Lucic fight. Contrary to Habs' fans beliefs, Lucic has fought some big dudes in the NHL, like Ivanans, and beaten them.
Lucic should be suspended at least a game. He crosschecked lappy in the head which in todays NHL warrants a suspension. Kostopoulos had a phantom elbow so you can't get suspended for something you never did and there was no proof of an eye gouge so he can't get suspended for that either but there is evidence of lucic's crosscheck. Although i don't expect him to get suspended but he should.
And seriously you have to be biased to think lucic won that fight against ivanans seriously watch it

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Lucic should be suspended at least a game. He crosschecked lappy in the head which in todays NHL warrants a suspension. Kostopoulos had a phantom elbow so you can't get suspended for something you never did and there was no proof of an eye gouge so he can't get suspended for that either but there is evidence of lucic's crosscheck. Although i don't expect him to get suspended but he should.
And seriously you have to be biased to think lucic won that fight against ivanans seriously watch it
OMG...did someone suggest lucic won that? The replay showed Ivanans landing two huge ones and lucy didn't have any reach...he just had a takedown (which really means nothing). Lucy got owned there and Ivanans <<<Laraque. Remember Chara's dirty cheapshot on Ivanans when he was with us. Fight was over. Refs had them separated, then Vampiro throws a dirty one in there.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:43 PM
habtastic

this:

They were both down, fight over...then..yeah...nice one Chara