HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

High sticking clarification

Old
04-05-2009, 03:59 PM
CanadaBacon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino 14 View Post
Actually, none of the players you show is in violation of the rule, none are carrying the stick above the shoulder level. And, just as a little tip, that is the rule verbatim from the rule book, not my logic. Try browsing through it sometime rather than assuming you know the rules just because you watch the game.
Im assuming you didnt look at the pics, if you did you would notice in every pic a portion of the stick is in fact above the shoulder. But i see you threw "carrying" into your statement, which by the way, i have posted from the start of this thread. So in fact none of these are high sticking per the rules. Just like being stick lifted isnt "carrying" per the rules. In an attempt to insult me you made my point. Thank you.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Gino 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post

Why would i have USAH refs when im canadian? i figuered the canadian flag would have givin that away. I have played for 24 years. I played Junior (A and major) and two seasons in the E 7 years ago. Like my first post said, i have never seen this situation happen ever, refs i have talked to and other players have not seen this happen and EVERYONE believes it is unclear by the rule book, which action a ref should take.

Maybe you should leave the insults to GongShow and have ACTUAL discussions here, seeing as it is a discussion board.

The rules read the same for HC, Rule 8.2, in case you want to look it up, and situation 12 for that rule covers stick lifts. As for your credentials, save it. For some one to have the experience you say you do and not understand the basics the rules is only impressing themself with that line. I'll wait for you to check the HC rules and then you can get back to me.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2009, 09:08 PM
CanadaBacon

save what? what does that even mean? If you look back I posted the rules on Highsticking. You are just telling me to go read what i posted. And then you talk about "situation 12"

- When attempted lifting of the opponents stick, which results in accidental contact to the neck or head area, causing injury, a double Minor shall be assessed.

Now, what the hell does this have to do with the op? He wasnt attempting to stick lift, he was stick lifted by the opponent.

Did you not read the OP? Please explain to me what "situation 12" has to do with anything when the op was quite clear about him having the puck.

You just seem to be full of insults and not much knowledge. so go ahead and post another rule that has nothing to do with the topic.

Old
04-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Gino 14

Quote:
save what? what does that even mean? If you look back I posted the rules on Highsticking. You are just telling me to go read what i posted. And then you talk about "situation 12"

- When attempted lifting of the opponents stick, which results in accidental contact to the neck or head area, causing injury, a double Minor shall be assessed.

Now, what the hell does this have to do with the op? He wasnt attempting to stick lift, he was stick lifted by the opponent.

Did you not read the OP? Please explain to me what "situation 12" has to do with anything when the op was quite clear about him having the puck.

You just seem to be full of insults and not much knowledge. so go ahead and post another rule that has nothing to do with the topic.

Your arguments would seem to support your claim to having been around hockey for as long as you claim without knowing the rules. Anytime I get someone that argues the rules like you do, I let them sit in the box for an extra ten minutes. You obviously never got much ice time. I hope they don't find you in there frozen to the bench after some game.

Old
04-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Alfredsson11

you ae suppose to have control of your stick at all time, like it or lump it, thats a penatly

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Johnny Law

High Sticking can be funny...puck is up against the boards directly behind our net, myself and an opposing player are both in a hurry to get there. I get there a 1/3 of a second before him and send it around the boards to my teammate. Stick never gets above my knees as I was somewhat off balance from battling for it with him. Somehow his face got six inches off the ground and my blade nips him in the face, no blood just swelling in his lip.

Dude proceeds to flip out about high sticking and this and that, I apologize and basically say keep your face more than 6 inches off the ice and it won't be a problem. Dude proceeds to take a couple swings at me and trips, with his helmet off he gave himself a real nice bonk on the head.

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 09:23 AM
vyktor

I had a team mate get called for high sticking a goalie who was out of the crease down in the butterfly reaching with his glove for the puck.

vyktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Gino 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyktor View Post
I had a team mate get called for high sticking a goalie who was out of the crease down in the butterfly reaching with his glove for the puck.
Sounds like that should have been a slashing call.

Old
04-07-2009, 01:23 PM
qwertysac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
their d-man lifted MY stick right into his OWN face
Am i the only person here who is having a hard time even imagining how this is remotely possible?

I've never seen this happen. I'm trying to think about it, and i just can't figure out how its even physically possible.

The Op said he was going wide on the D. So how in the hell does he end up stick lifting your stick into his own face?!

I can't think of a single situation where i'd stick lift someone and there's a possibility of me lifting his stick into my own face.

I don't want to sound like an *******, but it just looks like either A) you have no control of your stick or B) you play at very low level of hockey

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2009, 02:31 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I don't think it should have been a penalty, but I agree you have to be in control of your stick the whole time.

Also, I wouldn't feel bad about cutting the guy, it's why I feel you should be wearing a face cage if you're not in a pro league.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2009, 03:17 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Your arguments would seem to support your claim to having been around hockey for as long as you claim without knowing the rules. Anytime I get someone that argues the rules like you do, I let them sit in the box for an extra ten minutes. You obviously never got much ice time. I hope they don't find you in there frozen to the bench after some game.

Insult after insult....

If you cant show how this is a penalty (instead of giving rules out that have nothing to do with the op), just give it up. You havnt answered any of my questions to you. Basically you are talking out your ass. If this is suvch a "basic" rule, how come you cant show me where in the rules it says its a penalty? why did you post a rule that nothing to do with the op? As for your "let them sit in the box for an extra ten minutes", assuming you are a ref (highly unlikly), if i was not lettered i would just get a letter to ask you what rule that is that you are calling As is the right of the player). Seeing as cant even answer it here, if you still called it, i would take the minutes and appel it after. And if you cant explain it to the board. One less power tripping zebra. Done, problem solved. This is all based on the fact that you cant explain it here (or answer my basic questions), how would you explain it on the ice?

Old
04-08-2009, 03:19 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
Am i the only person here who is having a hard time even imagining how this is remotely possible?

I've never seen this happen. I'm trying to think about it, and i just can't figure out how its even physically possible.

The Op said he was going wide on the D. So how in the hell does he end up stick lifting your stick into his own face?!

I can't think of a single situation where i'd stick lift someone and there's a possibility of me lifting his stick into my own face.

I don't want to sound like an *******, but it just looks like either A) you have no control of your stick or B) you play at very low level of hockey

read the whole thread

Old
04-08-2009, 03:20 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
One last thing, i may have been a duster. But i got payed to play. What level did you make it too?

Old
04-09-2009, 04:30 AM
CanadaBacon

Still nothing Gino? All i want is ANYBODY to show me where in the rules this is a penalty. Thats it, pretty simple.

Old
04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Sounds like that should have been a slashing call.
It should not have been anything, he was REACHING for the puck, he didnt have the puck.

Old
04-09-2009, 04:34 AM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I don't think it should have been a penalty, but I agree you have to be in control of your stick the whole time.

Also, I wouldn't feel bad about cutting the guy, it's why I feel you should be wearing a face cage if you're not in a pro league.
Why because of a cut? If you love the sport more then you hate pain, what does it matter?

Old
04-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Gino 14

Quote:
Still nothing Gino? All i want is ANYBODY to show me where in the rules this is a penalty. Thats it, pretty simple.
Your grasp of the game and the rules is truly amazing.

Old
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Your grasp of the game and the rules is truly amazing.
wow you sure showed me

Old
04-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Gino 14

Quote:
wow you sure showed me
No, you showed all of us.