HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #2 - 04.18.09 | NY Rangers @ Washington | 1:00 PM - NBC (HD)

Old
04-19-2009, 12:53 PM
park rangers
Optimist

vCash: 500
Who thinks they keep in Varlamov?

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 12:56 PM
elYankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
if we're talking a single p.o. game.....maybe I'll give Hank that one.
Don't get me wrong...I'm a huge fan of Henrik. But I also have a soft spot for Richter. Richter's stop on The Russian Rocket in Vancouver was as huge as it gets for single game performance. IMO...it marked the turning point of the '94 Cup finals, which is now a classic moment in Ranger history. If Richter does not stop Bure ....the Canucks likely win that series.
Hey, my soft spot for Richter is not what you'd call small either. I'd never try to demote his entire 94 performance OR the save from their rightful place. I don't think we're really arguing and of course you're more than welcome to give Richter his due for any damn reason you please.

elYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
I think they will. And they should, he looks like their goalie of the future, best get him some experience while they can.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:09 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Don't see why they wouldn't. Not like he got lit up or anything....

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Lundqvist is a few miles behind #35.

Richters '94 performance, was absolutely mind-boggling.

When I watch game 6+7 against the debbies, my heart still races. I still get goosebumps after seeing some of the saves Mike pulled out of ass.

If it's game 7, I'll take Richter over any goaltender I have seen. That includes Roy, Broduer, and Hasek.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:39 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Enough you guys, you were not old enough to be able to see the difference here

Richter had great games in 94, no doubt. But Henke STOLE a game that we shouldnt have won, he was lights out. Plus he's doing it w/o Leetch/Beuk/Lowe/Zubie - Richter was great, but that game yesterday was dominating from start to finish.
please...i was 12 when they won the cup and I remember watching Richter that post season vividly. he was unreal, making keystops at the right moments. if Hank goes on and wins the cup of course his play will go down in history because this team in front of him is obviously not as good as the '94 team. but we're talking game 2 of the first round here, and you are ready to call his performance the greatest postseason by a ranger goaltender ever.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
please...i was 12 when they won the cup and I remember watching Richter that post season vividly. he was unreal, making keystops at the right moments. if Hank goes on and wins the cup of course his play will go down in history because this team in front of him is obviously not as good as the '94 team. but we're talking game 2 of the first round here, and you are ready to call his performance the greatest postseason by a ranger goaltender ever.
No, I said that was the greatest GAME i've seen a NYR steal. Period.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Levitate

I'd also put forth the idea that Richter made a lot more "amazing" saves because his style was different. As opposed to Lundqvist, who makes a lot of good saves look easy by being in position.

But really, until Lundqvist leads the Rangers to a cup, it's hard to put him above Richter. Richter had a much, much, much better team, but results matter.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Henrik played very good yesterday. But the quality of saves he had to make fell well short of the plethora of odd-man rushes, including clean break-aways Richter denied during our cup run.

Not even close, imo.

Caps had no time or space yesterday. Their shots, and passes were deflected, blocked, etc.

Devils, and Canucks had a hell of a lot more legitimate scoring chances against Richter, than the Caps had against Henrik.

Not even close. And this is by no means an insult to Henrik.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Henrik played very good yesterday. But the quality of saves he had to make fell well short of the plethora of odd-man rushes, including clean break-aways Richter denied during our cup run.

Not even close, imo.

Caps had no time or space yesterday. Their shots, and passes were deflected, blocked, etc.

Devils, and Canucks had a hell of a lot more legitimate scoring chances against Richter, than the Caps had against Henrik.

Not even close. And this is by no means an insult to Henrik.
I agree that the saves were not amazing, thats cause of his postioning which controlled the game. He was in command more than any player on that ice, results matter and it showed. No Messiers, no Leetch's, just the goalie in this 1 game.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
I agree that the saves were not amazing, thats cause of his postioning which controlled the game. He was in command more than any player on that ice, results matter and it showed. No Messiers, no Leetch's, just the goalie in this 1 game.
Despite the lack of names on our roster yesterday, the team itself did a quality job of keeping the puck out of the slot, and in dangerous shooting areas.

I'm sure you recall the amount of odd-man rushes Richter had to deal with in '94. How many did Henrik have to make yesterday?

Swap the '94 version of Richter in for Henrik, and I believe we still win 1-0.

Swap Henrik for Richter in '94, and I honestly can't say I see us beating the Devils.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Despite the lack of names on our roster yesterday, the team itself did a quality job of keeping the puck out of the slot, and in dangerous shooting areas.

I'm sure you recall the amount of odd-man rushes Richter had to deal with in '94. How many did Henrik have to make yesterday?

Swap Henrik for Richter in '94, and I honestly can't say I see us beating the Devils.
Thats one way of lookin at it.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Even if the only way NYR can win games is by busting their ***** and getting into lanes and in front of shots like they did game 2, i'll gladly take those wins.

Though I do have confidence in the depth of our forward roster, and the ability to get offensive contributions across the board.

Now there's no reason for these guys to be nervous. I really hope they use this game 3 to get their scoring confidence up for the rest of the playoffs.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
SML

Quote:
well, then you should watch more games. don't get me wrong, because lundqvist was good yesterday. lundqvist had 35 saves. the rest of the team blocked 29 shots. think about that. that's one every other minute for the whole game, not even including how much time we spent in the offensive zone. now think about how many shots the caps took out of desperation from outside the circles, with no traffic in front, that henrik saved easily. how many true quality chances did they have? 4? 5? i change your comment to the greatest game i've seen a nyr team steal, because that was not a one man show like your comment suggests. that was the definition of team hockey, and every player wearing a jersey yesterday laid it on the line to get that victory.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
well, then you should watch more games. don't get me wrong, because lundqvist was good yesterday. lundqvist had 35 saves. the rest of the team blocked 29 shots. think about that. that's one every other minute for the whole game, not even including how much time we spent in the offensive zone. now think about how many shots the caps took out of desperation from outside the circles, with no traffic in front, that henrik saved easily. how many true quality chances did they have? 4? 5? i change your comment to the greatest game i've seen a nyr team steal, because that was not a one man show like your comment suggests. that was the definition of team hockey, and every player wearing a jersey yesterday laid it on the line to get that victory.
I'm more in line with this thinking. Henrik made the saves he needed to and should have made. I've never seen a team have as much desperation and desire to not let shots get through like they did in Game 2.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Even if the only way NYR can win games is by busting their ***** and getting into lanes and in front of shots like they did game 2, i'll gladly take those wins.

Though I do have confidence in the depth of our forward roster, and the ability to get offensive contributions across the board.

Now there's no reason for these guys to be nervous. I really hope they use this game 3 to get their scoring confidence up for the rest of the playoffs.
Thats part of our team I think people underrated going into this series. We may lack scoring depth but theres alot to be said about a hard working group of experienced players and versatile youngsters like Cally, Dubi, Korps etc.

Guys like Kozlov, Fedorov & Nylander are invisible, they're better off using Steckel, Gordon, & Bradley more.

Old
04-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Blazephr

Quote:

well said.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote