HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Game 2 | Columbus @ Detroit | 4/18 6PM | The Comeback Game Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBlues721 View Post
UGH...I was hoping for a Blues/Jackets WCF!! All is wrong right now. I'm still hoping you guys can pull it together and get a win. One game at a time.

No matter the outcome of the series, the Jacket players needed these playoffs to really get to the next level of contenders anyway. Most rookie goalies arent anywhere near as good as soon as Mason is. He is a future star in the league and needed this to get better. The kid is talented as hell and your very lucky to have him on your team. Same with Nash. He is older and more experienced, but the NHL playoffs are unlike any other competition. It may seem hard to believe now as its depressing when your team loses, but next year your top guys will be better because of this experience win or lose. Losing in the playoffs is only gonna make Nash hungry to win in the playoffs and that can be scary, IMO anyway.

Enjoy the first playoff game at home guys and girls. Hopefully it will be a win and a good memory. Detroit is just a friggin team that wont go away. Even when their not playing the Blues they still find a way to piss me off, go figure. Good luck in the rest of the series. Hopefully we both see a comeback by our guys!!

I hope you guys can win the next 4, the Canucks are getting cocky, minus "getting".

Old
04-19-2009, 01:07 PM
mokkan88

vCash: 500
Wow, last night was my first road game ever and it was probably the worst game I have ever been to in person.

(1) Thank you to the Jackets for not doing jack **** for 60 minutes; certainly your fans who decided to travel there to support you weren't braving the most classless fans in the country; absolutely no reason at all to put in an effort, for our sake at least. I have never been so ashamed of this franchise; I'd rather you be playing ****ing golf than watching you wilt like you did yesterday.

(2) At least 40% of Detroit fans are real *******s. The other 60% are composed of drunk *******s and decent people. I can count on one hand how many people (4) I was able to talk to (in a conversation; I don't talk ****, and yesterday wouldn't have been the time to do so anyway) without being heckled. I don't want to not give those four their due, but aside from them and the Joe staff, the entire experience was a fat negative.

(3) I love Canadians. There was a fifth person there who was the nicest guy I spoke to all night, and he was a Canadiens fan with no vested interest in the DET/CBJ matchup. He was easily the classiest guy in the place and agreed that the Detroit fans (many of whom were twice my age) were acting like children.

Old
04-19-2009, 01:13 PM
mokkan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
I swear I can't figure it out. Osgood sucks all year but put him in the playoffs, sprinkled with holy water or whatever and suddenly he's IMPOSSIBLE to score on. Rattles my brain.

****. At this point, bring in Claude Noel and see if he's the antidote for Osgood. Somebody has the cure.
Both goalies, Osgood and Conklin, looked pretty hot in warmups. I think I saw two shots get by them. Granted, the Wings shoot at a slower pace than the Jackets in warmups, but they also have better shooters who can actually put the puck on goal.

Old
04-19-2009, 01:59 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkan88 View Post
Wow, last night was my first road game ever and it was probably the worst game I have ever been to in person.

(1) Thank you to the Jackets for not doing jack **** for 60 minutes; certainly your fans who decided to travel there to support you weren't braving the most classless fans in the country; absolutely no reason at all to put in an effort, for our sake at least. I have never been so ashamed of this franchise; I'd rather you be playing ****ing golf than watching you wilt like you did yesterday.
Totally agree...I went to the game as well and not one, NOT ONE Detroit fan was decent to me and my wife. The first person I encountered upon entering the arena was a drunken young man who screamed "you suck" about two inches from my ear. I smiled and said "thank you for the warm welcome"...then on my way to my seat, I had no less than 5 people yell "go home", "you suck", "Jackets suck", etc.

During the game, another fine Detroit fan thought it was a good idea to yell at the back of my head "Sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep!!!!!" about 40 times in a row.

I thought this was the worst part of it, but upon leaving the arena and getting back on the shuttle bus, a number of Detroit's fine citizens thought it would be fun to pound on the glass of the bus as hard as they could, flick me and about 20 other Jackets fans off, and laugh uproariously. I mean seriously, the bus was shaking as these people were banging on it. And since getting a bus out of JLA is nearly impossible thanks to the complete cluster**** of the entire area, I was forced to sit there and take it for around 30 full minutes.

I completely understand good-natured ribbing, don't get me wrong. But the constant "you suck" crap, without ONE SINGLE PERSON showing some kind of respect...even someone who would talk hockey intelligently around me...leads me to conclude I will never step foot in that place again as long as I live.

(Haven't read the whole thread yet, so sorry if a lot of this has been covered already.)

Old
04-19-2009, 02:13 PM
LaCosta Nostra

Father Ted just proved that EVERY team has idiot fans.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
I hope you guys can win the next 4, the Canucks are getting cocky, minus "getting".
If the Canucks are cocky, what do you call the annoying Blues fans after a hit on Nash? The best thing about the hit on Nash was that now the Blues fans still will not leave our boards.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:18 PM
1hunglo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
Totally agree...I went to the game as well and not one, NOT ONE Detroit fan was decent to me and my wife. The first person I encountered upon entering the arena was a drunken young man who screamed "you suck" about two inches from my ear. I smiled and said "thank you for the warm welcome"...then on my way to my seat, I had no less than 5 people yell "go home", "you suck", "Jackets suck", etc.

During the game, another fine Detroit fan thought it was a good idea to yell at the back of my head "Sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep!!!!!" about 40 times in a row.

I thought this was the worst part of it, but upon leaving the arena and getting back on the shuttle bus, a number of Detroit's fine citizens thought it would be fun to pound on the glass of the bus as hard as they could, flick me and about 20 other Jackets fans off, and laugh uproariously. I mean seriously, the bus was shaking as these people were banging on it. And since getting a bus out of JLA is nearly impossible thanks to the complete cluster**** of the entire area, I was forced to sit there and take it for around 30 full minutes.

I completely understand good-natured ribbing, don't get me wrong. But the constant "you suck" crap, without ONE SINGLE PERSON showing some kind of respect...even someone who would talk hockey intelligently around me...leads me to conclude I will never step foot in that place again as long as I live.

(Haven't read the whole thread yet, so sorry if a lot of this has been covered already.)
This right here is the very reason any person in their right mind from Ohio should not even bother traveling to that town.

Todd--#73-

Old
04-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:

I have no idea how you're not in prison right now. If anyone--anyone--got that close to me without being invited to do so, either they would go home on a stretcher, or else my fists would be ground to a bloody pulp after physically assaulting the cinderblock they have sitting on their shoulders.

Must be nice being able to go to games without having to worry about getting up the next day to go to work. Go Wings!

Old
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
CBJFitzy

Quote:

I'll echo this sentiment as well. I just got home and I am fairly certain that I will never return to that ridiculous excuse for a city. The whole time I was there I was postive that the Detroit fans were the most classless fans I have ever dealt with as a visiting fan.

I have been to Cleveland and Indianapolis as a Patriots fan, St. Louis and New York as a Red Sox fan and I have heard a few rude comments and met a handful of drunken idiots. Overall, I am usually greeted by decent people who share a bond as fellow sports fans. But last night in Detroit, I could not walk 5 feet without being taunted, sworn at, and told to go home. I am one of the least violent people you will meet and I came very close to punching a guy when he looked me in the face and told all of his buddies to "take a look at this pu**y".

They are supporting the most storied franchise in the NHL and we have never been to the playoffs and they are still so insecure that they need to treat us with absolutely no class. I am not sure what I was expecting, but I am still amazed at how terrible the entire experience was.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:12 PM
megashock5

Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Quote:

Go home? Funny when people in Columbus were getting heavily marketed to since the people in Detroit weren't buying enough tickets. The irony.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:22 PM
1hunglo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFitzy View Post
close to punching a guy when he looked me in the face and told all of his buddies to "take a look at this pu**y".

Look @ it this way, you got to drive back to Ohio, he had to stay there. My wife is Cowboys fan, and when she said something about going to a Lions game I told her she was crazy and went to Cleveland instead.

Todd--#73-

Old
04-19-2009, 03:41 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
I have no idea how you're not in prison right now. If anyone--anyone--got that close to me without being invited to do so, either they would go home on a stretcher, or else my fists would be ground to a bloody pulp after physically assaulting the cinderblock they have sitting on their shoulders.
I'm telling you, I was so close to jumping off that bus (when those knuckle-dragging morons were banging on the windows and shaking it) and basically just going nuclear...however:

1. It would have been about 1 vs. 100, as most of the Jackets fans on the shuttle bus were either older or female, and would not have helped me in that situation.

2. I would have ended up in the bowels of the arena (a la Top Shelf) being questioned by corrupt security guards, and since I had no desire to spend even one more second in that place, that would have been my worst nightmare.

3. I didn't want the usual Wings fan on this board to come on here saying "oh, its your fault, you decided to get involved so you're just as much to blame as Detroit fans".

So, I did nothing, and the Wings fans cannot possibly have any kind of defense for these neanderthals' behavior.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:42 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Come on guys give it a rest. This happens everywhere and the fans in Detroit are no different then any other fans in the NHL.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Closed.