HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Question about Contract Rights

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2004, 09:56 PM
rangers5

vCash: 500
Question about Contract Rights

I'm a Ranger fan and noticed that the Ranger's echl affiliate the checkers have signed Mike Ayers from UNH and Dziama and Peterson from BC. I know Ayers was drafted by Chicago so what happens to his rights? Are they the Rangers now or is he just playing for the Checkers and still belongs to the Hawks. Thanks for any help in clearing this up.

Old
09-11-2004, 10:39 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
The Blackhawks relinquished their rights to Ayers 2 months ago. No NHL team owns his rights. Just because a player is on Charlotte's roster, it doesn't mean they are then NYR property.

Old
09-11-2004, 10:41 PM
Schlep Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers5
I'm a Ranger fan and noticed that the Ranger's echl affiliate the checkers have signed Mike Ayers from UNH and Dziama and Peterson from BC. I know Ayers was drafted by Chicago so what happens to his rights? Are they the Rangers now or is he just playing for the Checkers and still belongs to the Hawks. Thanks for any help in clearing this up.
Ayers NHL rights are owned by Chicago until a year of his graduation.

For example (with a NYR prospect)... Dan Eberly. He signed with Atlantic City (ECHL) last season but was still Rangers property until July 1.

Old
09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Schlep Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayzinSmith
The Blackhawks relinquished their rights to Ayers 2 months ago. No NHL team owns his rights. Just because a player is on Charlotte's roster, it doesn't mean they are then NYR property.
And of course this is always an option but with a goalie it's RARE... VERY rare considering they are late bloomers for a team to relinquish the rights to a goalie.

Old
09-12-2004, 03:39 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I always thought that a team had one year to sign a player out of the NCAA after they finished school. What I am missing is how the Habs Scott Selig (Northeastern) is at the stars rookie camp, when he just finished school this year. I didn't expect the Habs to offer him a contract, as he has struggled to produce like he did in the USHS. I guess they let him go, since the Habs have a working relationship (plus Carbo is the assistant GM). I had hoped the Habs will sign their other NCAA grad, Ryan Glenn (St. Lawrence) who had a strong season and the Habs lack depth on D.

Old
09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Schlep Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I always thought that a team had one year to sign a player out of the NCAA after they finished school. What I am missing is how the Habs Scott Selig (Northeastern) is at the stars rookie camp, when he just finished school this year. I didn't expect the Habs to offer him a contract, as he has struggled to produce like he did in the USHS. I guess they let him go, since the Habs have a working relationship (plus Carbo is the assistant GM). I had hoped the Habs will sign their other NCAA grad, Ryan Glenn (St. Lawrence) who had a strong season and the Habs lack depth on D.
They can give a player his outright release which they apparently did.

Closed Thread