HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena Part XI -Pull My Youth, Please

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2009, 08:44 AM
tujague

vCash: 500
Hockey Arena Part XI -Pull My Youth, Please

Hockey Arena!

Previous Threads:
Part I - 12/05-12/07 - 104 Page Monster that started it all.
Part II - 12/07-2/08
Part III - 2/08-5/08
Part IV - 5/08-6/08
Part V - 6/08-7/08
Part VI - 7/08-9/08
Part VII - 9/08-11/08
Part VIII - 11/08-12/08
Part IX - 12/08-2/09 - We reached 10K posts in this one
Part X - 2/09/-4/09 - Mallard got two good pulls at once!

Quote:
ktulu explains Hockey Arena (from 2005!)
Hi guys and girls? let me introduce myself first...My name is Lukas aka ktulu and I want to present you one online hockey manager - Hockey Arena-> http://www.hockeyarena.net.

Some facts about HA->
1. game is free...
2. over 40.000 users
3. 42 countries(from Canada,USA,Slovakia,Finland,Sweden to Australia,Belarussia,Brasil... )
4. 26 languages

What is Hockey Arena all about? Every player from nearly 40 thousand registered ones is the owner of a hockey team, fully under his control. You decide on training regimes, you are preparing the lineups for matches, and many more management based activities. The fate of the team is completely in your hands. Only you will decide whether to bring new players from the trade market, whether to expand your training facilities, hiring cheerleaders for the team, and many more out of the money you receive from revenues gained--both from tickets sold or from the team's sponsors. You have to decide whether to invest in training facilities and youth schools to build from within, or to invest large sums on bringing players (such as free agents) from the transfer market. Every dollar spent has a direct impact on the future of the team, which is why it is very important to choose a strategy wisely, weighing in the benefits and flaws of each approach.

If you have decided to give Hockey Arena a try and create a team, you will automatically be placed into one of the leagues in your country. Of course, you will not find yourself in the highest league right from the start. If you want to compare with the best teams, you will have a long road ahead of you—every season lasts 70 days, during which you play 30 league matches in the regular season (A home and away set between the 16 teams in each league). The 8 best teams in regular season will advance to the playoffs, the two finalists promoting to a higher league. Aside from league play, there is the National Cup played on Wednesdays. If you are eliminated from the National Cup you can schedule friendly games to your off-days. Friendly matches are best to test new lineups, new tactics and give your starters a rest. There is also a World championship played once every two seasons, the best players from each country compete under the guidance of a National Manager, elected by all the managers from his home country. Will you be able to amass yourself such a successful reputation that you will become the National Manager for your country?
Quote:
NHL33 (aka The Budaj Bugati) gives new teams some Important Advice

Don't worry about winning games right now.

First, go around through the various menus. Click on the "?" button where appropriate for information. Secondly, read the overall guide found under Home --> Guide. Third, ask lots of questions. Discussion --> Canada. I think Canada might have a mentor program...I know the U.S. does, so if Canada does, apply for a mentor. Else I know Canada has some newbie / Q&A threads which you should go through. Long read probably but that's life.

For now you want to just build up your stadium (Team --> Stadium), this means spending every dollar you can every week whenever to upgrade. This means: spend up to the $14 million in debt allowable (you'd have seen this if you read the guide!) on training and regeneration. Both should be upgraded simultaneously, as both are equally important in daily improvements to your player. You want to get Y.S. to 20% ASAP as well. After that you can slack off on Y.S. and go the 40/40/20, 60/60/40, ... , 100/100/80 route on Training/Regeneration/Youth School.

Every Wednesday you get money for your sponsorship, $5100 for every member in your fan club (Team --> Info). For league games, the home team pulls in revenues...for friendlies, the money is split. Challenge higher leagues for more revenues, although it gets more difficult for the very high leagues since they stick to their own usually. :S
A playoff game in friendly means continuous O.T., a normal game means ties...go with the latter. It'll potentially save energy. Go around and challenge the V or VI or IV teams for friendlies for all your off-days. NOT DOING SO MEANS LOSING MONEY, expenses are daily regardless of whether there's a match.

This will be a tedious process for you, and you won't build your stadium up significantly for a while yet. Training your players is not very effective until you hit 80% in T/R, and it's quite amazing the differences between, say, 100% and 60%. Every 10% you get a boost, the maximum boost at 20%...but that's kind of off-topic for now.

Every other Sunday there is a youth pull. This Sunday there is none. Basically, that means junior players arrive and you can "build from within". Unfortunately, since building from within is most effective at high levels of T/R, it's not very feasible. All the same, this is a great opportunity to make a lot of cash if you hit the jackpot--look out for young players (19 or under) with high quality (90+ is excellent, 80+ is very good, 70+ is good) and preferably high potential. A player with 100% Quality will sell for a LOT on the market...if young. Older players, say, 25 years old? Not so much.

AI is critical. Younger players with high Q/P can be trained best and molded by teams with good facilities. So, I think you can see why the stadium is so critical to the game. Not only can you improve, but you NEED to do so for higher levels where the opposition does as well. Depending on the market, where prices are inflated, is a bad idea. Luckily, you're intelligent and will listen to us and do as we say and BUILD UP T/R (and Y.S. to 20%) and not fall into the trap. Don't waste money on scouting, don't worry too much about upgrading cheerleading or marketing regularly for now. Maybe give it the odd upgrade, but shouldn't be a concern nor should it interfere with you upgrading T/R (& Y.S.).

Right now, you're going to lose. A lot. If you go on the market, don't buy. Go watch how prices are, learn what are good stats to train for various positions, etceteras. If you're smart you'll spend hours on the market before actually buying...since you want to conserve money right now for your facilities.
Goalie: 1. Goaltending, 2. Speed, 3A. Passing (say 10) / 3B. Self control (say 7)
Center: 1. Attack, 2A. Shooting / 2B. Strength, 3. Passing (say 10)
Wingers: 1. Attack, 2. Shooting, 3. Speed (passing also imp.)
Defensemen: 1. Defense, 2. Strength, 3. Speed

*Important Market Info* Focus on #1 and #2 stat categories for the positions. As you grow older in the game, several seasons from now, more complementary statistics will grow in importance. For right now, to stay competitive at the lower level as you build up your stadium, if you DO purchase players, look for Q+P >= 120, with Q>60.
For AI aim for the following:
19 years - 65
18 years - 50
17 years - 35

Try not to waste money. Spend at most, say, $100K. Use your judgment. Look for good AI totals at cheap cost with decent quality...DO NOT waste your money on veterans. Not only do they have higher daily salaries, they train slower, and right now building up you don't have much a use for them.

You might want to, say, get a good goalie for about $12 million at season's end or such. Throw it at a goalie with Q >= 60, about 21-22 years old, goaltending = 50, speed = 40, sco = 5.

I might be inflating the stats or such. I don't remember what are good starting numbers...but basically get a good goalie. DO NOT OVER PAY. Best thing to do is look several hours ahead and ask about players, say some goalie, and ask for an approximation of what he'll likely get or how much he's worth spending, etc.

Keep asking questions. No matter how stupid your question seems, it's probably been asked by at least 5 of us in the past. Keep building up your facilities. Don't worry too much about money.

Since this IS a sim game, it might not be appropriate for you. A lot of patience will be required, and the fruits of your labor will be sweet, but some either get frustrated, bored, or whatever. So, choose to spend your time wisely. I highly recommend the game and so do others, just make sure you're having fun and remember it's just a game. Don't let things beyond your hand get to you.

Hope this helps. It better. NHL33 (aka Budaj Bugatti) wasted some time typing it up.

Old
04-19-2009, 08:46 AM
tujague

Hockey's Future HockeyArena.net Players

Canada
Premier League
AndySocial - White Crystals - I.1

~~ II ~~
e-Mac - Medicine Hat Reapers - II.1
-----
Not Leafer 21 - free3825 - II.2 ABANDONED

~~ III ~~
Megalinsky - HC Soju - III.1
MXD - Montreal Wanderers - III.1
-----
Caspian30 - Vancouver Wolf Pack - Can III.2

~~ IV ~~
feichter- SJ Port City Foghawgs- IV.1
nashnaidoo (aka tychaeus) - Cremona Titans - IV.1
xXShaqXx (aka TeamFord)- Edmonton Oil Kings - IV.1
-----
Shane (aka butchmoniker) - Don't Cry for me Jan Hrdina - IV.2
-----
Vloo - The Dawn Breaking Tide - IV.3
-----
Cao - LoveBunnies - IV.4
-----

~~ V ~~
EUnit - Victoria Maple Leafs - V.4
-----
RocheBag - Fog Devils - V.6 DEAD
-----
kTrick - Newmarket Ducks - V.7
RW8 - Oakville Rangers - V.7
Yogi - Vancouver Salmon Kings - V.7 DEAD
-----
SwimmingMatters - Exceleration - V.8
Temm - Calgary Wire Flyers - V.8
Leafer|MOD - Brampton Bandits (Part II) - V.8
-----
BarDown/Clarke (aka Ranger2992) - Rangerss - V.9
-----
djscooter - Sudbury Wolves - V.10

~~ VI ~~
YogiCanucks (Yogi) - Vancouver Salmon Kings (Part II) - VI.8
-----
Indrew - Indrew's Nuts - VI.10
-----
RocheBag - Fog Devils (Part II) - VI.20

Denmark
~~ IV ~~
Forsbergwannabe - Toffies - IV.6

Finland
~~ V ~~
Phinor - Walrusian Candidates - V.9
-----
Simah - HC Hipot - V.14

~~ VI ~~
Muddy - Canes - VI.19
Frozen (aka Janizor) - Forbidden Finns - VI.29

~~ VII ~~
-----

Great Britain
Premier League
hluraven - Bromley Ravens - I.1

~~ II ~~
Wicksy|NAT - Solihull Wolves - II.1

~~ IV ~~
MarekUramIsGod (aka Rowson14) - Bratislava Blaze - IV.5 DEAD

Netherlands
~~ II ~~
-----

~~ III ~~
El_Loco_Avs - Almelo_Avalanche - III.3
LFM (aka Leon84) - Heeze Eagles - III.3

Slovakia
~~ V ~~
ktulu - Anaheim Ducks - V.16

~~ VII ~~
MadArcand (aka silverbow) - Hartford Whalers tm - VII.18

USA
Premier League
-----

~~ II ~~
Ranger35|GM - Hartford Wolfpack - II.1
-----
njcoach - New Jersey Muckers - II.2

~~ III ~~
Acadmus (aka Alamus) - Vermont Catamounts - III.1
braindeadalive (aka Florida) - Philadelphia Blazers - III.1
NHL33 - Starlight - III.1
-----
steelcable97 - Demolitia Totalus - III.2
Smetana - HC Victoria Hornets - III.2
Snowman - Righteous Ones - III.2
Spillblood Maloney - Mobtown Hooligans - III.2
-----
The Indestructible (aka fkohws) - The Indestructible - USA III.3
Horsehouse - Never Summer HC - III.3

~~ IV ~~
TheSchwab (NAT) - NH Spartans - IV.1 DEAD
Chairman Mallard (aka UofDucks15) - The Vanquishers - IV.1
hydromel (aka hydrop) - salitter - IV.1
-----
jwhitesj (aka fishkiller) - Fish Killers - IV.2
Diskothek (aka deadfish) - Seal Clubbers - IV.2
FFWRX - Nashville Knights - IV.2 DEAD
-----
FeloniousPython - Orlando Solar Bears - IV.3
6hole - Rollerpuck - IV.3
ower13 - Nordic Thunder - IV.3
-----
tujague - Bombsville Atomics -IV.4
njdevscup30- Ugly Cows - IV.4
poppap527 - Usual Suspects - USA IV.4
WhenInRome - Thunder Chickens - IV.4
-----
ez42x10 - Wormtown Bruins - IV.6
osgoodshlatters - San Jose Spartans - IV.6

~~ V ~~
Cyanyde69 - Niagara Maulers - V.2DEAD
-----
tgarrett29 - Frito Banditos - V.3
-----
Sabrefan2930 - Moose Jaw Beavers - V.4
FireTherrien419 (aka N.Labriola) - Pittsburgh Pikemen - V.4
Rune Forumwalker (aka Muuro) - Mainlanders - V.4
DucksRule00 (aka jax00) - Razor Scooters & Go Tarts - V.4
-----
Miami Panther - Miami Matadors - V.8
-----
adam sinister (aka to kill the sun) - Aurora Thunderbirds - V.12DEAD
Hossmann - New World Order - V.12

Please provide a link to your team and I'll add you to the list. You might have to post it twice.

Last edited by tujague: 06-03-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old
04-19-2009, 08:48 AM
tujague

Interesting Links
HA-Tools - this is a nice way to get more information about your team as well as all of the teams in your league. Updated every few days. (created by react)
HA Statistiky - This will give you interesting information about players, teams and leagues. Updated every couple of weeks. (created by jogo)
HA-Extra - This FIREFOX add-on puts HA-Tools links right into the hockey arena web pages. It'll add one to team pages to see individual teams, one to your calendar to do a comparison with that opponent, and one to your league standings to do a league wide comparison. (created by Lamma|MOD)

Here's some HA Tools comparisons for all of the HF teams. I can only do 16 teams at a time, so I broke it into 4 groups.
Most of Canada
Rest of Canada & the World
USA
USA II

I haven't updated these since I first did them. I won't use them next time if they stay like this

Old
04-19-2009, 08:49 AM
tujague

We have another newbie guide from kdunbar. It covers a lot of the same stuff as NHL's, but it's got numbers!

Quote:
"THE CANADIAN NEWBIE LIST"

A few words / warnings / for new guys ...

1) Many of your players have temporary free contracts. They will be automatically signed within a week. (Don't worry about it.)

2) Don't spend too much more than 100K until you are more comfortable with the game's economics. You start with 3 M, but this disappears fast and comes back slow. It's easy to overspend when an auction heats up. Give yourself a limit.

3) Building your Training / Regeneration / Youth School / Marketing to 20% right away. There are bonus on multiples of twenty. Consider Training and Regeneration to be equal and opposite, they don't really do anything different from one another. It's difficult to see at first, but just build them evenly and figure it out later. Assuming that your Training and Regeneration are equal, set your "Training Intensity" to 85%. More decreases your player's energy, less wastes training. Set training schedules immediately, never let your players idle for even one day and lose that training.

4) Don't add seats until you begin to sell out many league games. When you do decide to add seats, (many sell outs in a row, ticket price is above league average, etc...) build it in an increment that will have the purchased seats available for your next home game (not a friendly).

5) You get roughly 7M every Wednesday from fans. This is all that keeps your team afloat for awhile. As such, don't panic if you go into the negative balances - you can go as low as -15 M but with no available money but you might miss out on a good buy on the market or other opportunity. Again, wait until you better understand the economics.

6) With that being said, you will be able to find players for 100K who will become immediate starters. Check out the market either way, and get to know it. Also, don't fire anyone with 60 Quality or more without trying to sell them on the market.

7) Quality - Arguably the single most important stat a player has. It's how fast a player improves. Make sure your best quality players are playing, these players will be your stars in five seasons.

8) Potential - The longevity of your players. Your players lose approximately 6 potential points a year, and once they hit 0, they stop gaining skills. They also go beyond zero and start getting worse. (94 - 88 - 82 - 76 - 71 - 65 - 53 - 47 - 41 - 35 - 29 - 24 - 18 - 12 - 6 - 0 - -6 - -12 etc...)

9) Scouting - All your players "actually" have one of these values for potential. If you look though your players though, you'll see all kinds of numbers, falling in between these numbers. This is because your scouts haven't sized up the player yet. You learn the player's exact quality at 18 and potential at 22. Until then, your scouts make a guess. Under Team -> Scout you can choose a player to learn their exact value. This is important, players can be off by as much as 20%.

10) example A player with 90 Q and 60 P player compared with a player with 60 Q and 90 P with the same AI stats. The 90 Q guy will reach a higher AI level, but the 90 P guy will be around 5 seasons longer.

11) Book up all free days with friendlies to help with the cash flow. If possible, try to book away/visiting friendlies against high league opponents (I.I II.1 II.2). They have better stadiums than you and will make more money per game. Friendly income is split between the two teams.

12) Finally, if you want to pull your goalie this is how it works.
If within this many minutes,
at least this many goals have been allowed and
your team trails by this amount or more:
then the goalie switch happens.

13) Read and ask lots of questions! We'll help you out.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

those are some nice players you are getting rid of.

are you rebuilding or something?

Old
04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
those are some nice players you are getting rid of.

are you rebuilding or something?
Yep. That's my entire starting lineup minus 3 young forwards and defensemen. I'll have to scout the markets heavily, but I hope I can make enough in this batch to set myself up nicely...

Old
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Penalties bloody killed the USA against GBR.

Rest of the road is super tough with matchups against Netherlands and Poland, I already described my plan for success in the USA discussion in HA.

Old
04-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
Yep. That's my entire starting lineup minus 3 young forwards and defensemen. I'll have to scout the markets heavily, but I hope I can make enough in this batch to set myself up nicely...
I just want you to know.

Islander looks down upon you for rebuilding

Old
04-19-2009, 05:44 PM
MadArcand
We do not sow

I should rename my team to Defenseman Breeding Grounds or something. Lousy pull, with the four kept players having Qs of 80, ?73, 72 and 50. Fired ?23 or so. Funny thing, ALL FIVE are obvious defensemen. ARGH.

Old
04-19-2009, 05:47 PM
MXD

QnP needed....

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....hp&id=18258505
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....hp&id=18258502

Old
04-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Free at last.

Free at last.

God, Almighty, I'm free at last!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....hp&id=18260031

18 years old.

91Q scouted

90P unscouted

+? loyalty

Old
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
tgarrett29

QnP also please ...

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....hp&id=18259992

Don't know if this is a good candidate for U20 or not (and Mallard, I'm still bummed we won't be adding Costa Rica and Panama as the 51st an 52nd states under your regime!)

Old
04-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgarrett29 View Post
QnP also please ...

http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....hp&id=18259992

Don't know if this is a good candidate for U20 or not (and Mallard, I'm still bummed we won't be adding Costa Rica and Panama as the 51st an 52nd states under your regime!)
95/92

everyone sees 17 year olds the same

This is easily my best season of all time in terms of pulls

Old
04-19-2009, 05:55 PM
tujague

Since Bogdan Dundukov (88/?68, 18yo 49AI) got injured yesterday, I spent another 3M on another young goalie. This new guy was showing 78/78, but he's a bit better.

Code:
Information about player Sakari Tuunainen, id 17111603
Age 	18 	  	Country 	 Finland
Contract 	70 days 	  	Team 	Bombsville Atomics
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 88
Salary 	13 524 + 20% 	  	Potential 	 ?78
Ability index 	59 	  	Loyalty 	 ?+
Satisfaction 	neutral 	  	Weeks in team 	0
Goalie's weak spot 	None 	  	Star 	?8%
Attributes
Goalie 	32 (97%) 	  	Speed 	18 (1%)
Defense 	0 (0%) 	  	Strength 	2 (0%)
Offense 	0 (0%) 	  	Self-control 	5 (0%)
Shooting 	0 (0%) 	  	Form 	46 (-3)
Puck control/Passing 	2 (0%) 	  	Experience 	0 (0%)
Energy 	61 	  	Training 	0%
Are you ****ing kidding me? I just noticed he had 61 energy, so I went to change his training to Goalie/Rest15 and the dude didn't show up in starters training area. I checked my line-up and he is definitely the back-up. Check the news, the match is played, and this ****er is injured too. I bought two goalies on the weekend and they both got injured! What are the odds? At least this is only for 2 days. And he stopped all 11 shots he faced.

Old
04-19-2009, 05:59 PM
sabrefan2930

HOLY CRAP! BEST PULL EVER!

Charles Pringle 94 (scouted)/79(?). Total AI 56. Distribution not the greatest, 16 defense, 29 Offense, but still, a stud by my standards. And + loyalty

Code:
Attributes
Goalie 	0 (0%) 	  	Speed 	   3 (0%)
Defense 	16 (0%) 	  	Strength 	   5 (0%)
Offense 	29 (0%) 	  	Self-control   3 (0%)
Shooting 	0 (0%) 	  	Form 	           50 (0)
Passing 	0 (0%) 	  	Experience 	   0 (0%)
Energy 	100 	  	        Training 	   0%
Center or wing?

And Tom South:

Code:
Information about player Thomas South, id 18258855
Age 	19 	  	Country 	 USA
Contract 	10 days 	  	Team 	Moose Jaw Beavers
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 86
Salary 	0 	  	        Potential 	 67?
Ability index 	74 	  	Loyalty 	 +?
Satisfaction neutral 	        Weeks in team 	0
Goalie's weak spot 	None 	  	Star 	31%
Attributes
Goalie 	8 (0%) 	  	Speed 	32 (0%)
Defense 	4 (0%) 	  	Strength 	10 (0%)
Offense 	0 (0%) 	  	Self-control 	8 (0%)
Shooting 	0 (0%) 	  	Form 	50 (0)
Puck control 12 (0%)           Experience 	0 (0%)
Energy 	100 	  	Training 	0%
Goalie or Defense?

And then some 17 year old who might be an acceptable train and sell if his Q turns out to be better than the 55 it shows (not likely, since his AI is 25). All in all, a great pull.

EDIT: Congrats on the pull, Mallard. Gallegos is a frigging monster. Position?

Last edited by sabrefan2930: 04-19-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
tujague

Oh, right. It's youth pull day.

Code:
Information about player Donald White, id 18260686
Age 	19 	  	Country 	 USA
Contract 	11 days 	  	Team 	Bombsville Atomics
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 92
Salary 	0 	  	Potential 	 ?73
Ability index 	87 	  	Loyalty 	 ?-
Goalie's weak spot 	None 	  	Star 	?11%
Attributes
Goalie 	0 (0%) 	  	Speed 	8 (0%)
Defense 	5 (0%) 	  	Strength 	44 (0%)
Offense 	8 (0%) 	  	Self-control 	4 (0%)
Shooting 	5 (0%) 	  	Form 	50 (0)
Passing 	13 (0%) 	  	Experience 	0 (0%)
EDIT: Yuck! I just noticed his attributes That's my first good pull with awful distribution. Center or D... Center or D...

Code:
Information about player Lawrence Starr, id 18260682
Age 	17 	  	Country 	 USA
Contract 	9 days 	  	Team 	Bombsville Atomics
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 ?93
Salary 	0 	  	Potential 	 ?62
Ability index 	52 	  	Loyalty 	
Goalie's weak spot 	Low area 	  	Star 	?15%
Attributes
Goalie 	0 (0%) 	  	Speed 	7 (0%)
Defense 	1 (0%) 	  	Strength 	15 (0%)
Offense 	25 (0%) 	  	Self-control 	0 (0%)
Shooting 	2 (0%) 	  	Form 	50 (0)
Passing 	2 (0%) 	  	Experience 	0 (0%)
EDIT: Looks like low P, so I'm going with a winger here.

Wow. This has been an amazing day for HF's youth schools

Last edited by tujague: 04-19-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old
04-19-2009, 06:18 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 243
What's the big idea here??!?!?

Everyone gets studs but me?????

Old
04-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post

Nobody over 48 Q for me.

Old
04-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevscup30 View Post

Don't worry, you aren't alone. All my pulls this season have been total crap, not even one terrible T&S dude yet not to mention a good pull.

Nice pulls for many here though, congrats.

Old
04-19-2009, 06:28 PM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
Don't worry, you aren't alone. All my pulls this season have been total crap, not even one terrible T&S dude yet not to mention a good pull.

Nice pulls for many here though, congrats.
Ahh, misery loves company.

I had a pretty good pull last week so I won't complain too much.

Those youth school coaches for you guys are pretty good! Give 'em a raise

Old
04-19-2009, 07:29 PM
steelcable97

I don't think I pulled anyone over 28Q. That means I'll get three with 90+Q next time, right?

Old
04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Ummmm soooo I've been reading up on this whole HockeyArena thing, might give it a shot, I have a pretty big question though.... What do Q and P stand for and why are they so important?

Old
04-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Ummmm soooo I've been reading up on this whole HockeyArena thing, might give it a shot, I have a pretty big question though.... What do Q and P stand for and why are they so important?
Q = Quality

It is a static number that a player is assigned when he is "born" (pulled from a team's youth school at age 17-19). Ranges from 1-100, and determines how well a player trains. The higher, the better. Under 60 is pretty much garbage, while 90+ is great.

P = Potential

Also determined when a player is pulled from his youth school, it differs in that it drops by about six at the end of every season. Basically it tells you how long a player will be good for. Once it hits zero, the player stops improving. After that, it goes to negative numbers and your player's attributes start declining and he becomes gradually worse.

Basically, when evaluated together, they give you an idea of how good a player is, and how good he could potentially become.

Old
04-19-2009, 07:45 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Q = Quality

It is a static number that a player is assigned when he is "born" (pulled from a team's youth school at age 17-19). Ranges from 1-100, and determines how well a player trains. The higher, the better. Under 60 is pretty much garbage, while 90+ is great.

P = Potential

Also determined when a player is pulled from his youth school, it differs in that it drops by about six at the end of every season. Basically it tells you how long a player will be good for. Once it hits zero, the player stops improving. After that, it goes to negative numbers and your player's attributes start declining and he becomes gradually worse.

Basically, when evaluated together, they give you an idea of how good a player is, and how good he could potentially become.
Thanks alot, I thought P might be potential but I was stuck of Q lol

Closed Thread