HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic Suspended 1 Game

Old
04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
12jf54

vCash: 500
I find it pretty funny that Bruins fans think the NHL favorizes Montreal come playoff time. Have they watched the same games I did ???

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTedGreen View Post
Big deal. Milan gets a rest day and will be back for the 4th and final game
Ted Green mean ? Not when Fergy was nearby, Fergy used to beat him like a rented mule. Mean ? C'mon.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 06:45 PM
tiredman

so, is there still a need to have laraque in the lineup for next game ?

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTedGreen View Post
Big deal. Milan gets a rest day and will be back for the 4th and final game
I guess you didn't get the memo. Habs are winning this in 6.

04-19-2009, 06:54 PM
mlandry

1 game is fine, I thought it deserved more but whatever, I'm not in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I didn't think it was suspension-worthy but the Bruins board must be fuming after eye-gate.

Now if only the league could suspend Chara and Savard we may be able to pull off something in game 3.
Don't go read. First post I read :
"If he was going to get suspended anyways he should of done more damage. I wish he put a few of them in neckbraces".

Genius, pure genius. Reading the Bruins board makes me want to go postal.

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Hockeyfan68

Well I do not condone hits to the head or intent to hit to the head. Lucic getting suspended is fair.

Bitz brings the same game to the lineup and Wheeler gets bumped up to more ice time.

No big whoopdeedoo. The plug and play Bruins have done that all year when Lucic hurt his hand or other players were out like Bergeron this season.

We've enough depth to cope without missing a beat.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:18 PM
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Lucic is a goon. He's a goon who's better than most goons at hockey, but let's not pretend he's some sort of scoring star.
Lucic is a player with character, toughness, scoring ability, and leadership (He was a Momorial Cup MVP, Captain of the World Junior Gold Medal team). He's a player that was stolen by the Bruins in the second round and a key player any team would want on their top six forwards.

No he's not a one dimensional scoring star .... he is so much more. Any comment to the contrary is showing just plain ignorance and little knowledge of the game of hockey.

blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:18 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Well I do not condone hits to the head or intent to hit to the head. Lucic getting suspended is fair.

Bitz brings the same game to the lineup and Wheeler gets bumped up to more ice time.

No big whoopdeedoo. The plug and play Bruins have done that all year when Lucic hurt his hand or other players were out like Bergeron this season.

Lucic missing a game will have no effect on this series at all...This series is over in the next 2 or 3 games max...Missing a game might settle Lucic down a little and stop him from overreacting to petty plays...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Frankenheimer

It might have an impact, might not. Either way, the habs should be favoured to win game 3 considering it's at home and a must win game. It's just too bad that if we win it will be attributed to a Lucic suspension.

I don't think he should have been suspended though. It was boderline, plus considering the flippant comments Campell made about the end of game 1 and Montreal antics, don't really think it was fair. It's not fair to us either frankly. We shouldn't be looking for the league to help us out. I'd personally love to have Lucic on our team. Plays hard for 60 minutes, checks, and has skills. We have no one comparable frankly. We only hate him because he's not on our team. His temper is going to get him in trouble though, and yeah, would love to see Laraque or Komi give him a good pasting.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
It doesn't change much for us. He's pretty much a non-factor in this series. I guess it'll just make less stupidity on the ice.

COME ON, you're kidding right? Lucic a non-factor in the series??

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Wow. Just woke up, came to work, and read the news then checked out the "dark side" to see their reaction. Team Australopithecus has their foil hats on and is feeling awfully smashy smashy over a 1 game suspension. Man, it must be so hard to go through life with that much jealous rage and false sense of persecution from all sides...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbudo View Post
lapierre must be suspend because he hits the stick of lucic with his head!!!!!
Hahaha I was sort of thinking the same thing!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
I find it pretty funny that Bruins fans think the NHL favorizes Montreal come playoff time. Have they watched the same games I did ???

Yes, but I have become fairly certain that they have some kind of dense tissue growth or something that prevent what enters the eye from properly being interpreted by the brain. I think the clinical name is Bostonhomeritis. Maybe it's something all humans had before evolution took a step forward.

Old
04-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Hockeyfan68

Lucic is a game changer period.

Old
04-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Lucic is a game changer period.
Correct. His absense will change the game... for the better.

Old
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

I agree with this. I think if I were to pick two players are making the biggest difference, its chara and savard.

Bitz brings the same things lucic does except the hands, but his hands really aren't needed at this point as the primary guys are doing all the bruins need.

Point is, whether the habs win or lose tommorow, it wont be because lucic is suspended.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Correct. His absense will change the game... for the better.
He just has that on ice presence a player either has or doesn't. Cam Neely had it for the Bruins and Milan is so similar it is crazy. I'm not sure how often canadiens fans watch him in games when not playing the habs but if you watch him all year long you can see how much he dominates other teams and changes momentum in games.

Neely became a scorer after being in the league for a few seasons, it takes a while. Most of the greats weren't filling the net overnight.

Not sure if Milan will be a 50 goal scorer, seems to be rare these days but a solid 30+ for sure.

I know Milan is doing something right if he is public enemy number one in Montreal and whether true or not Montreal fans feel with him out they can come back in the series. His presence has been felt obviously.

That means he has done his job.

I still do not like the hit to the head, this is his second offense for that and probably had more to do with his being suspended than anything.

The league does need to get rid of that whether it is an elbow, crosscheck, kick or whatever else. Players today are so big and strong and so well conditioned. it is hard to imagine but a Cam Neely nowadays would be a medium sized player at 6ft 1in and 219 lbs

I think the game has gone in a good direction for the better.

Old
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Lucic is a player with character, toughness, scoring ability, and leadership (He was a Momorial Cup MVP, Captain of the World Junior Gold Medal team). He's a player that was stolen by the Bruins in the second round and a key player any team would want on their top six forwards.

No he's not a one dimensional scoring star .... he is so much more. Any comment to the contrary is showing just plain ignorance and little knowledge of the game of hockey.
Or maybe you're just showing your homerism...

I never claimed that Lucic is a one-dimensional scoring star. That's because he's not any kind of a scoring star. He has scoring rates similar to Latendresse's while playing with much better linemates, and those rates got Lats tarred and feathered around here, not called a "scoring star". They're promising numbers for a 19-year-old (though many, many posters here seem to disagree) but they aren't anywhere near "scoring star" level.

Lucic is massively overrated as some sort of Cam Neely type, but he is what he is: an agitator and a pest, although one with unusually high actual hockey talent for the role.

Fortunately for Lucic he plays in Boston, where those attributes make him a star.

Boston has a very homer press and very good PR around the NHL (completely the opposite of the Habs, actually), so he gets the hype he does.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:31 PM
TheReal13Linseman
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Or maybe you're just showing your homerism...

I never claimed that Lucic is a one-dimensional scoring star. That's because he's not any kind of a scoring star. He has scoring rates similar to Latendresse's while playing with much better linemates, and those rates got Lats tarred and feathered around here, not called a "scoring star". They're promising numbers for a 19-year-old (though many, many posters here seem to disagree) but they aren't anywhere near "scoring star" level.

Lucic is massively overrated as some sort of Cam Neely type, but he is what he is: an agitator and a pest, although one with unusually high actual hockey talent for the role.

Fortunately for Lucic he plays in Boston, where those attributes make him a star.

Boston has a very homer press and very good PR around the NHL (completely the opposite of the Habs, actually), so he gets the hype he does.
Um, Lucic is loved in Boston mostly for his heart. He's probably not going to become the second coming of Cam that some might think he is. He could still yet be; no one knows. I wouldn't define him as a pest player, but more of an emotional one. At this point, he's sort of a cross between Cam and Terry O'Reilly, the young versions, so you have to like that. Lats usually scores at the high 20 point levels; Lucic scored over 40 points this year. True, he probably has had better linemates head to head, but he's been moved around quite a bit this year on several lines.

I think it's probably fairly universally thought that Lucic and Komisarek are both dynamite players. Lots of Bruins fans, like me, hate Komisarek, in the same way that Habs fans hate Lucic, BUT at the same time, I, and others I know, would LOVE to have Komisarek on our team. Like Lucic, he plays with heart and emotion and leaves it all out there on the ice. Hard nosed warrior players like them are hard to find.

The rhetoric gets too inflamed sometimes, on both sides. Like when the crowds get all national and everything...funny in this case wherein Lucic's a Canadian and Komisarek was born in the States. Too funny.

And, if the B's are getting good press lately...I like to think it's because we've done something to earn it. You gotta admit, les Habitantes have not exactly suffered in the national broadcasting scene having guys over the years like Bill Clement (who although played for the Flyers, LOVED Montreal) and even now, Brian Engbloom and the whole TSN crowd (who are, understandably, fairly pro-Canadian).

Back to Komi: His contract is up this year, no? If you guys don't want him, we'll take him!

No matter what, Soderberg would've scored there.
Pastrnak means "Eurolectric" in Czech. Look it up.
TheReal13Linseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReal13Linseman View Post
Um, Lucic is loved in Boston mostly for his heart. He's probably not going to become the second coming of Cam that some might think he is. He could still yet be; no one knows.
I doubt he's going to be the next Cam Neely, not by a long shot.

It's not uncommon for emotional "pest" type players to be fan favorites -- it certainly is the case in Montreal -- but that doesn't change what they are.

Quote:
I wouldn't define him as a pest player, but more of an emotional one.
Isn't that how all fans define their own teams' pests?

I mean, Begin was seen as an emotional warrior, and now Lapierre, and let's face it... they're both pest types.

Quote:
Lats usually scores at the high 20 point levels; Lucic scored over 40 points this year. True, he probably has had better linemates head to head, but he's been moved around quite a bit this year on several lines.
Lucic has better linemates, hence the higher assist totals, though he also gets more icetime and more PP time, both of which help a great deal. (And Lats has been injured, which ate into his counting totals.)

Quote:
I think it's probably fairly universally thought that Lucic and Komisarek are both dynamite players.
Frankly, I think Lucic is pretty overhyped, if not overrated. He's an useful player, but not a key player.

The rhetoric gets too inflamed sometimes, on both sides. Like when the crowds get all national and everything...funny in this case wherein Lucic's a Canadian and Komisarek was born in the States. Too funny.

Quote:
And, if the B's are getting good press lately...I like to think it's because we've done something to earn it.
It would have been nice to have received the same treatment last year, but then, Boston's press is very homerish and Montreal's press is... not. If anything, Montreal's press is openly hostile towards the team. And the national media aren't much better.

The most homerish person in Montreal media is PJ Stock... who is an avowed Bruins fan.

Quote:
You gotta admit, les Habitantes have not exactly suffered in the national broadcasting scene having guys over the years like Bill Clement (who although played for the Flyers, LOVED Montreal) and even now, Brian Engbloom and the whole TSN crowd (who are, understandably, fairly pro-Canadian).
Very pro-English Canadian, you mean. Several of the TSN crowd are very bad at masking their contempt for the Habs, and let's not get into the CBC, especially Don Cherry. It shouldn't be surprising, mind -- their core viewership is the Greater Toronto Area, so they pile onto the rival Habs.

Quote:
Back to Komi: His contract is up this year, no? If you guys don't want him, we'll take him!
I think Montreal will re-sign him if this circus doesn't drive him away -- but I doubt he'd sign for Boston in any case.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Taylorzzz

He deserved it...... nothing else to say.

GO HABS GO!

Taylorzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Too bad. I really would have liked for him to face the music (Laraque) right away. But who am I kidding... he's too much of a panzy for that.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Maliki2

Quote:

The problem is, hes no longer a first offender...if he doesnt control his emotions...he will get way more suspensions for longer times. This is basically his one get out of jail free card.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Maliki2

I cant believe they are still comparing Looch to Neely...how stupid. Neely could play hockey...Neely was tough....Looch is a cheap shot artist. He lets his emotions get the best of him, he's dirty...he doesn't really have much in the hands department either....hes just the next great thing out of boston. Blaine Lacher was one hailed as the next coming of Roy in Boston...wtf is he now? Boston needs hope and I don't blame them...but putting it on Lucy?? LOL!

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
I cant believe they are still comparing Looch to Neely...how stupid. Neely could play hockey...Neely was tough....Looch is a cheap shot artist. He lets his emotions get the best of him, he's dirty...he doesn't really have much in the hands department either....hes just the next great thing out of boston. Blaine Lacher was one hailed as the next coming of Roy in Boston...wtf is he now? Boston needs hope and I don't blame them...but putting it on Lucy?? LOL!

Sounds like neely to me :/

lol i kid ..come on that was funny.. i need to take SOME sort of shot at the bruins..

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote