HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Thank you Mediots!!!

Old
04-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
SAKU!!!

How could forget Saku?

The Devil himself
Saku recently visited Washington DC

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Sure 'cause every case of players that didn't end their career here has to do with fans and medias. The way Lafleur end his career has nothing to do with Lemaire. Okay, fans applauded Roy 'cause stupid Tremblay decided that this was going to happen, but clearly Roy decided to leave 'cause of the fans and not Tremblay....should I go on? I know that THE guy that was booted out of here, Brisebois, decided to comeback and got this great support now that the stupid people realized how dumb they were. I know that Chelios got this great ovation when he came back. I know that when Lafleur came back as a Rangers he was more applauded than the Habs goals.....

We've been unable to reach a 3rd round in 15 years but surely blame the media and the fans for their supposed too high expectations....

The french guys. Those are the ones with the pressure to perform. Those are the ones talked about and the ones that have to respond when they are interviewd after the game since they are the only ones that speak french. So clearly, some french players don't want to come unless there are other french speaking guys that will be able to share this pressure and this media frenzy.

How about Plekanec and Kostitsyn? Are you talking about HF 'cause that's about the only place I saw them being offered for bag of pucks? But where the heck did you read the medias talk badly about Plekanec if it wasn't to say how badly he was playing, 'cause we're still allowed to say that are we? Even one of the greatest french lovers, Marc Bureau, keeps defending Plekanec as if he was his own son. As far as Kostitsyn is concerned, well when it seems that you're just not interested in trying, well you deserve everything that is coming at you. And every player who is trying, like Plekanec, will have a lot of breaks before people will be coming at them.
from Wikipedia:

"On December 2, 1995, Roy was in net against the Detroit Red Wings during Montreal's worst home game in franchise history, an 11-1 loss.[9] Roy allowed nine goals on 26 shots, and the crowd jeered him whenever he made an easy save. In response, Roy raised his arms in mock celebration"

I don't want to bring french vs non french in discussion. Lapierre, Latendresse, Laraque, Dandeneault and Brisebois had their share of media, maybe more then others.

As for the Kostytsins (and Hammrlik) - I remember that night when we were all waiting for the police to lock them at the airport - cause that's what they said on TV, right ? And then it was proven they were not guilty of any crime. How would you have felt in their shoes ?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
SAKU!!!

How could forget Saku?

The Devil himself
I did not forget Saku - I omited those that Whitesnake named already - he asked "who else".

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:06 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
I did not forget Saku - I omited those that Whitesnake named already - he asked "who else".
Sorry! I should have read the thread more carefully... I kind of new that he must have been mentioned somewhere

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Fozz

Don't blame the media. They are a direct result of the Montreal market, i.e. their fans, i.e. us.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:07 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
The Brass should be responsible in making the team more appealing and downplaying the Media. Its up to them to sell the team, the Media is just doing their Job.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Let's see (I can give examples for each):
- Higgins
- Kostopoulos
- Lang (during the first 2 months of the season Michel Bergeron kept claiming he was not an upgrade over Smolinski)
- Latendresse
- Price
- Halak at times
- Tanguay
- Laraque
- Brisebois
- Kovalev
- O'Byrne
- Plekanec
- Komisarek
- Dandeneault
- even Lapierre - remember when everyone in the media was bashing him for not dropping the gloves ?
- Metropolit (for not being an upgrade over Begin)
- Schneider for being old and soft

.... I guess I forgot some...
Okay now that you've proved to me that you can name our players, how about you start proving how they are PERSECUTED, which means enough that it can give other players reasons to not play here.

You are freakin giving me examples of a discussion Langevin in the morning is having with Grégoire when one time he said that we let Bégin go a real warrior for a guy who might not be so much an upgrade.....but then you left out the part that when the same guy said that he might not be bad after all and was one of our best players. This is called radio shows, they have to talk about things, the good and the bad. Lapierre, well it was brought at one point that if you keep yapping and playing the pest role, you'll have to start dropping at some point. Well he started playing more hockey instead with the result we know. Wasn't the media right? How is that persecuting? Michel Bergeron who didn't Lang.....okay....Michel Bergeron was persecuting Lang, like he was doing it at Bonk and Smolinski...was wrong with Lang, was right in the other cases....So Michel Bergeron is enough for not coming here?

And in all the players you listed, I can list the same players and say that some good was said as well for the same list of players.

Agree or not, Koivu was and still is persecuted. But for one freakin reason only. The captaincy. The others have got their share of problems 'cause of their results on the ice. Like they got their share of praises for the same reason.

Anyway, the media will still depends on how the fans want them to exist. And it seems to me that by the list you're giving me, you are listening to every radio shows, tv shows and reading every newspaper out there which makes you part of the problem.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

its always the same argument over and over

put in place good agressive managment, draft GOOD players (not euro thrash) and players will come. Right now the franchise needs a attitude adjustment.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Let's see (I can give examples for each):
- Higgins
- Kostopoulos
- Lang (during the first 2 months of the season Michel Bergeron kept claiming he was not an upgrade over Smolinski)
- Latendresse
- Price
- Halak at times
- Tanguay
- Laraque
- Brisebois
- Kovalev
- O'Byrne
- Plekanec
- Komisarek
- Dandeneault
- even Lapierre - remember when everyone in the media was bashing him for not dropping the gloves ?
- Metropolit (for not being an upgrade over Begin)
- Schneider for being old and soft

.... I guess I forgot some...
Don't forget 18 year old Ryan McDonagh when we picked him over Esposito. They villified an 18 year old kid just because he was selected by us!!!!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Sorry but to me those guys are pure ignorants. Any guys that are working hard and doing their job won't have any problems with the media.
C'm'on Whitesnake, you know that's not true.

The media here -- a lot of it, anyhow -- are ignorant and/or have an agenda. They will get on player's back for imagined reasons.

I mean, would you come here knowing that an.... uh, "analyst" like PJ Stock would be on your case?

Quote:
So the real problem are the fans. Should we then stop to like our team so much? We should start blaming ourselves to be so crazy about that team and frankly, it maybe time we do so.
I agree with that, but it would help by starting with not being highly passionate, ignorant fans that lap up everything the media serves them and turns on their own team at the slightest displeasure.

Montreal fans are probably the worst in the league and with the media that's another strike against attracting players.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Fire Brunet*

Anyone trying to argue against what that scrub said is wrong... come on.. let's face it, the media here is worse than loft story

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
MonacoBlue

it doesn't even matter how bad they are...it's just that the media here is worse than the media anywhere else. who wants to deal with that when they don't have to?

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
from Wikipedia:

"On December 2, 1995, Roy was in net against the Detroit Red Wings during Montreal's worst home game in franchise history, an 11-1 loss.[9] Roy allowed nine goals on 26 shots, and the crowd jeered him whenever he made an easy save. In response, Roy raised his arms in mock celebration"

I don't want to bring french vs non french in discussion. Lapierre, Latendresse, Laraque, Dandeneault and Brisebois had their share of media, maybe more then others.

As for the Kostytsins (and Hammrlik) - I remember that night when we were all waiting for the police to lock them at the airport - cause that's what they said on TV, right ? And then it was proven they were not guilty of any crime. How would you have felt in their shoes ?
Roy had problems with Tremblay which is the reason why Tremblay let him hung to dry during that game. Anyway, even if you want to believe that it's the fans that got him out of here, what is the media role in this? So the fans are the problem now right.

As far as the french players that you are naming, Lapierre works hard. He had one problem which was his ability to yap and his non-desire of dropping them. Latendresse well, he was by the fans and the media put at a spot that he wasn't ready to be. Thing is, the management should have played him a whole season in Hamilton, no way does this guy deserved a full NHL season at the age he started, he's not an exception like the exceptional players that succeeded in going from the Juniors to the NHL. Laraque well this is coming from expectations. Expectations from Laraque himself who said that the day the Habs were the laughing stock of the NHL are over. Expectations from Gainey who gave a 3-year contract at 1.5 to a guy who then we discovered wasn't in freakin shape and not even ready to play his freakin role? Dandenault, well at some point we thought that he deserved his chance somewhere else. 'Cause we were told how great our depth was, well at one point you have to believe your organization and feel that we didn't need him....until we realized that we did need him after all. And Brisebois was covered already.

Still, to me the evil medias played a role where this photograph went in Saku's hospital room for a picture, where even Jacques Demers when he was the coach was taken the same way, when Michel Villeneuve went after Theo to see if he was hurt, the Koivu captaincy and this LaPresse story. So in all those years, there were some incidents, nobody denies it. But to say how evil they are which is the only sole reason why people aren't coming is either false or pure ignorance.

Old
04-19-2009, 09:32 PM
DougHarvey

Quote:
Sorry but to me those guys are pure ignorants. Any guys that are working hard and doing their job won't have any problems with the media. That's pure ignorance and those players are not wanted in my team 'cause it's not about the media but it's about how ignorant you can be. The media are there 'cause there's enough people that read them, watch them and listen to them. How the hell is a radio station able to go from a generalist radio to an all sports radio? 'Cause there are people listening to it. How can this province have 3 freakin Sports show at night? 'Cause people are watching. So the real problem are the fans. Should we then stop to like our team so much? We should start blaming ourselves to be so crazy about that team and frankly, it maybe time we do so.
Does the name Saku Koivu not ring a bell. He has been treated worse than any opposing player ever would be.Jeez, I wonder why Selanne/Briere/Lecavalier or any other big name FA would never think to sign here.

The Habs should start weeding out and giving fewer press passes. Why does the JdeM and Lapresse need 12 guys each to cover one sport/one team?

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
But to say how evil they are which is the only sole reason why people aren't coming is either false or pure ignorance.
No, it's not the only reason....you're right. High taxes and language issues (especially for players with children who would have to enroll in French school) are also reasons. However, if you don't think the insane media is a major reason, you are living in a fantasy world full of denial. I gave you an example of a kid from Ontario who stated this and you just villified the kid for not being tough enough. This shows your denial as a lot of tough NHLers (Shanahan, Smyth) have signed in other destinations for less money than we offered.

Old
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Do you think you can make the difference between coaches, the ones who HAVE to speak to the medias every single day, before each game, after each game and so on and an english player who is interviewed 5 times a year? How many times have you heard Roman Hamrlik this year? Anybody bothering him about the way he's playing for the salary he's getting? How about Josh Gorges, medias are on his case? The Kostitsyns are getting it 'cause of how badly they play. Yes Koivu is under the radar 'cause of the C he's wearing and what it represents to this team? But who else is persecuted by the evil medias?
Its true. If they dont watch tv, or read certain newspapers, they have nothing to worry about. Do you think that Hammer knows what we say, or even cares for that matter. Players use it as an excuse, but really, it doesnt affect them that much ... or shouldnt anyway.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
C'm'on Whitesnake, you know that's not true.

The media here -- a lot of it, anyhow -- are ignorant and/or have an agenda. They will get on player's back for imagined reasons.

I mean, would you come here knowing that an.... uh, "analyst" like PJ Stock would be on your case?
Yes, like for Koivu. But again, who else have an ageanda against who? Réjean Tremblay has an ageanda against Gainey, Gillett and everything that doesn't speak french. Same sometimes with Villeneuve and Lajoie and all the others but that's having an agenda towards the group not the individuals.

I hear Tremblay talk everyday about Gillett and Co, everyday. The same way at one point he was also talking against Koivu. But I would really like to know which other player as individual (besides Brisebois in the past) who was persecuted either by fans or media. The Kostitysns are getting their share but can people see that if they would only pretend to try, it won't happen? Price is getting his share, but probably more on this board than anywhere else. Thing is more "analysts" will say that he was rushed too soon so giving Price the break and targetting Gainey.

But most journalists and analysts keep targetting the team, the way Gainey build it, the way Timmins drafted, not the players themselves. Sure if I was an anglophone coach, I would not come here 'cause of the incredible pressure he'll have on him....sure, even if Timmins would be fired, I probably would not come here 'cause now you have to draft french if not we will lynch you (and I'm sure we will have an unfortunate example of that, if the 1st rounder that we don't pick isn't a québécois, you'll hear some boos and more if he's an american....)

So surely if you will be the coach who needs to talk to the medias every day, if you're the GM, the head scout and the captain of this team, you need to love the pressure and the media. But the other players? 'Cause in radio shows tomorrow or in 2 weeks they'll say that you're not that good after all, it means that they are evil?

Sure, there are better places than here. But again, the question is, and what if we would have made better trades? See, it's tough to bring people here, but then we send players that like playing here away. The good ones I mean.

No we will rarely be #1 in the players heart. But the day we draft better quality, the day we make better trades, and the day we will become a real cup contender, I will bet you that the media will suddenly be not that big of a problem after all 'cause like everybody is saying, "playing in Montreal when you win it's great, it's when you lose that it's not so great".

Old
04-19-2009, 09:41 PM
DougHarvey

Quote:
Yes, like for Koivu. But again, who else have an ageanda against who?
What about Theodore and waiting outside his house to see if he was faking an injury?

What about the retard who said "Kosto -effing-opoulos.

What about "the darkest day in history"

They make crap up.They are worse than the Hollywood Paparazzi.

Yes the fans can be emotional, but that can also work in our favor sometimes.

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Its true. If they dont watch tv, or read certain newspapers, they have nothing to worry about. Do you think that Hammer knows what we say, or even cares for that matter. Players use it as an excuse, but really, it doesnt affect them that much ... or shouldnt anyway.
What about when their brother (i.e. Higgins) frequents HF Boards and he reads some BS that his brother got busted dealing drugs. You don't think that gets back to the players? This was actually posted on this site the night of "The Darkest Day In Habs History" or whatever the heck we call it and it evolved from the media's sensational rumour mongering on that particular insane night.

Old
04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchange View Post
Does the name Saku Koivu not ring a bell. He has been treated worse than any opposing player ever would be.Jeez, I wonder why Selanne/Briere/Lecavalier or any other big name FA would never think to sign here.

The Habs should start weeding out and giving fewer press passes. Why does the JdeM and Lapresse need 12 guys each to cover one sport/one team?
See and I thought that in my posts in this own thread, I keep mentioning Saku's name over and over again as 1 guy that the medias has exaggerated a whole lot but I guess that I didn't. But then, we are talking about something special here, the captaincy of this team. Some people think it's not important, well the media think it is and that's how it is. Koivu is being blamed for not speaking french 'cause he's the captain, I haven't heard the media blaming Markov for that, they're even happy when he speaks english....

As far as the number of journalists, well I totally agree. To me, there's way too many journalists around the team and in the dressing room. But are the newspapers losing money by doing this? If not, it has to mean that people, fans, us, are responsible for sending so many guys after all. Maybe all we need is to have a big drought of 5 years so people stop caring so much about the team so we can see that number to drop down. Until then, we are responsible for the numerous journalists, the 3 TV sports show at night, the all english sports radio station and french radio station and so on. They are giving us what we want. They are certainly not losing money for the fun of losing it and just for the pleasure of being the ones that won't attract UFA's in Montreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
No, it's not the only reason....you're right. High taxes and language issues (especially for players with children who would have to enroll in French school) are also reasons. However, if you don't think the insane media is a major reason, you are living in a fantasy world full of denial. I gave you an example of a kid from Ontario who stated this and you just villified the kid for not being tough enough. This shows your denial as a lot of tough NHLers (Shanahan, Smyth) have signed in other destinations for less money than we offered.
Well he's giving his opinion, I'm giving mine, how's that a problem? Again, the names that didn't come here might have done it for the reasons you just gave that are not the medias. How can you state that it's not the only reasons but then in Shanahan and the rest it's THE major reason? How do you know that, 'cause I surely didn't read that anywhere. To me it's part of a package, the major reason, I don't see it. 'Cause again, and let just stay in the english part of the example ,cause from Mashinter to Smyth, they are anglos, who the heck can complain about the media if you are an anglophone? Most newspapers, radio shows, TV shows are french so they are either not listening, not reading and not watching any of those, and after the game, they are not the ones with the most microphones under their nose, so again, I'll repeat, if you are a coach, YES the media is THE reason why you wouldn't come here. Like Jacques Lemaire and Pat Burns and surely tons of others. If you're a GM, head scout and captain, well absolutely. The media is surely THE #1 reason amongst a few others, why you wouldn't come here.

But I would love to ask Mike Johnson to see how evil the media was with him....or Mark Reechi or Brian Savage or Lyle Odelein or Sheldon Souray or Craig Rivet.....

See the other guy who had trouble was Mike Keane....why? 'Cause again of that freakin captaincy. So there are a few roles where the media are playing a much more important role agree or not. But other players can easily have it as easy as you would have if you would play in New York, in Toronto, in Boston and those hockey places like that. Sure, if you DON'T want to never be bothered at all by any journalists, well go in Tampa and have fun. But as much as you would like to downsize the number of journalists and would like only 1 Sports show at night and would like them to be quieter, Montreal will NEVER be like Tampa or tons of other cities like that. But you will always get a hockey atmosphere though. And if you don't want to know what it's like when you lose, well do everything you can to make this team win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchange View Post
What about Theodore and waiting outside his house to see if he was faking an injury?

What about the retard who said "Kosto -effing-opoulos.

What about "the darkest day in history"

They make crap up.They are worse than the Hollywood Paparazzi.

Yes the fans can be emotional, but that can also work in our favor sometimes.
I mentioned the Michel Villeneuve thing about Theo. Then you can make a case to all the non-quebecers out there that surely when you're from Quebec, you are scrutinized a little more which is totally the case.

Beaudry was immediately removed from that freak show and never came back. See, 110% is a freak show and even that show didn't want to be associated with him anymore. But how's that an agenda? Did the same guy keep calling him that? Did anybody else did?

Darkest day in Habs history, well that's sad. And should've been portrayed the way it was. Sad day for the press for sure. I guess even those guys have a right to suck collectively.

Again, not saying they're the greatest invention after the wheel, I hate Réjean Tremblay with a passion even if I would like to see more Q players with the team. There are some subjects that I can't stand Villeneuve, Lajoie, Rinfret and a few others. They are not in the business of informing the public, they seem to want to be in the business of entertainment more than anything. They kept saying how the media hates the Québécois and the Q and never get UFA's, well they don't mention Lemieux, Desharnais, St-Denis, Beauregard, Desjardins. They didn't mention that out of 52 guys in this year's pro camp, 19 were from the Q.....something I had to write to 110% 'cause I never write to them but even as a Q lover, I couldn't believe my ears.....

So not defending them, but I still cannot say they are the main reasons, it is a package and I still believe that the package would have look much better if we would be considered a real cup contending team and not just playoffs contention. Why would you come in Montreal if you would always be a borderline team....

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-20-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old
04-19-2009, 10:02 PM
MoonlightGraham

This is just a little something I'd like to show to everyone who thinks the Montreal media is horrible:

And yet the Yankees have signed 3 major free agents this summer: Mark Texeira, A.J. Burnett and C.C. Sabathia. Come on guys this topic is being discussed over and over again. Yes there's pressure in Montreal. But there's pressure on every other major sports franchise in the world. It's not the end of the world. The media isn't the only responsible for all of the teams' problems.

MoonlightGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
And yet the Yankees have signed 3 major free agents this summer: Mark Texeira, A.J. Burnett and C.C. Sabathia.
Unlimited payrolls have a way for making up for a city's other issues.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
And yet the Yankees have signed 3 major free agents this summer: Mark Texeira, A.J. Burnett and C.C. Sabathia.
If I was Sabathia, I would have run to New York as fast as my 350 lbs would have allowed me with that contract offer.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
I mentioned the Michel Villeneuve thing about Theo. Then you can make a case to all the non-quebecers out there that surely when you're from Quebec, you are scrutinized a little more which is totally the case.

Beaudry was immediately removed from that freak show and never came back. See, 110% is a freak show and even that show didn't want to be associated with him anymore. But how's that an agenda? Did the same guy keep calling him that? Did anybody else did?

Darkest day in Habs history, well that's sad. And should've been portrayed the way it was. Sad day for the press for sure. I guess even those guys have a right to suck collectively.

Again, not saying they're the greatest invention after the wheel, I hate Réjean Tremblay with a passion even if I would like to see more Q players with the team. There are some subjects that I can't stand Villeneuve, Lajoie, Rinfret and a few others. They are not in the business of informing the public, they seem to want to be in the business of entertainment more than anything. They kept saying how the media hates the Québécois and the Q and never get UFA's, well they don't mention Lemieux, Desharnais, St-Denis, Beauregard, Desjardins. They didn't mention that out of 52 guys in this year's pro camp, 19 were from the Q.....something I had to write to 110% 'cause I never write to them but even as a Q lover, I couldn't believe my ears.....

So not defending them, but I still cannot say they are the main reasons, it is a package and I still believe that the package would have look much better if we would be considered a real cup contending team and not just playoffs contention. Why would you come in Montreal if you would always be a borderline team....
How do you build a stable Stanley Cup contender if top drawer UFA's won't come here? We have to draft better than everyone else and this is tough because the only way we can land top 6 players is by trading draft picks (Schneider, Tanguay, Lang). This is a clear disadvantage. This year's media nonsense will make it more difficult than ever.

Old
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Sorry but to me those guys are pure ignorants. Any guys that are working hard and doing their job won't have any problems with the media. That's pure ignorance and those players are not wanted in my team 'cause it's not about the media but it's about how ignorant you can be. The media are there 'cause there's enough people that read them, watch them and listen to them. How the hell is a radio station able to go from a generalist radio to an all sports radio? 'Cause there are people listening to it. How can this province have 3 freakin Sports show at night? 'Cause people are watching. So the real problem are the fans. Should we then stop to like our team so much? We should start blaming ourselves to be so crazy about that team and frankly, it maybe time we do so.

I'm wondering something though.....I guess that Mashinter talked to PK and if he did, what did PK said? I mean were they PK words? Let's hope that PK doesn't think that already 'cause I'll be dissapointed. This guy will be an idol to the fans and the media if he reaches his potential.

A Hockey Player is an entertainer. He was able to hone his skills thanks to the dedication of himself, parents, coaches and make it to such a level that he will now be remunerated for the amount of money the owner of the team (who makes money off of us fans)he plays for, deems to be equal to his market value (Cash he brings in, either by being extremely popular or because his on ice performances allow the team to grow in popularity and therefore make more money)

Wether or not he is a hard worker is besides the point. The entertainer (male in our case) has a right to a degree of privacy. His wife may not want to be bothered with a media storm. His kids may not want to be dragged into it or be called "son of a junkie" If it so happens that his parent the entertainer is indulging himself with "stimulants". Noted by you should be that this is a Private Medical matter up and until the Police press charges and it becomes a public record. At this time the discussion of the player's private habits is acceptable having entered public domain (through Authoritative channels)

Now last but not least the Entertainer is NOT I repeat NOT a public servant. He is not here to handle things which are more important to your well being and life such as Taxes, Health Care, and the way they spend the money they take from you (If only the Mediots cared more about this) Therefore it is none of YOUR Business whether or not he partied late last night, or was seen walking out of an abortion clinic etc.

The Entertainer is a human being, all human beings have a right to have their private life respected and not invaded.

P.S. The notion that this would be the Fans fault for them invading player's private life is so ridiculous it makes one's brain cramp up jam. These radio and tv stations have these shows because they have the market. Yes fans are crazy about the team. If they want to talk about the player's private life, do a story on them. When's the last time throughout the year any of these shows did a story on every player on the roster, where they came from, how they got there etc? Fans would also be well served learning about J T Wyman, Ryan McDonagh, Olivier Fortier and the list goes on, players that may one day suit up for the Canadiens. Or they could be looking into this year's draft and the potential players that Montreal could draft. There are many other subjects that they could cover. It is their job to do so. They are professional Journalist

Please do not blame their lack of Creativity, Professionalism and Propriety on our (the fans) love of the Montreal Canadiens.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 04-20-2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: a couple of fixes
Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote