HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Bruins DID NOT play a disciplined game!

Old
04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
number 11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Hey Price stole 3 goals (maybe more than that too) when we were 5 on 5 with fantastic saves. I see people on this board blaming Price when honestly he was left literally defenseless by his mates.

Halak stole another two 5 on 5 "shoulda been" goals.

All I am saying is the bruins are built well for the playoffs which was the whole goal of our GM after last year's stretch where we had to win just about every game to get into the playoffs and barely did so.

You guys beat us because YOU were the better team with more talented players. More depth etc. we were scared kids in game one last year and every Bruins fan attributes our success this year to added players and last year's playoff experieince against you guys.

I'm a hockeyfan and know the game.

Your PP is excellent and we stayed out of the box. You guys didn't and we also have a good PP. The penalties you guys took were hooking and the types of penalties one takes when someone is outskating them and they can't take a chance of giving up an odd number rush.

Hardworking penalties is what we got the PPs for.

My team SUCKED for 20 minutes of the first game and you guys were taking it to us ... obviously it was discussed by the coaches because the Bruins played 60 minutes in game 2.

I'll say it again .... I clearly remember 2004 ... I was at game 1 and game 5. I know what can happen in the playoffs.
solid post imo.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Doc McKenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
solid post imo.
Really? I seem to remember about 10 mintes of play that the habs played solid in game 2 with 10-3 in the shots column and we took a crap penalty and let in a somewhat soft goal. We lost all momentum yet again. We start to get it going again and we take an O zone penalty. I think we had 3 O zone penalties. This isn't running around in your own zone it means we where taking the game to them. The refs had other ideas. Check the flyers games against the pens if there is any doubt about poor officiating.
We didn't play well put it's hard to score when if you get momentum you somehow always wind up in the box.

LOL at the post how we have 0 on the PP...yeah when you go 0 for 2 in 2 games you must really suck! The 5 doesn't count because who gives a crap when the refs and bad play have put the game completely out of reach. You could even go back to last reg season game with Thornton getting 2 for punching O'Byre, but RB gets a 2 + 2 + 10 For not fighting....yes that makes absolute sense.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Sea_Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I think if the Bruins would really play like they're capable of, the Habs would never be in the game. I think they did play a disciplined game. In fact TOO MUCH! Julien has turned them into a team of p*ssies and they have had zero physicality other than the late game scrums. Habs were in the game for last two and they shouldn't have been.

Bruins won't go far with Julien as coach.
Zero physicality? Lucic is what #6 in the league for hits in the regular season, Chara can toss pretty much anyone around (including Laraque), Thornton can toss them around with pretty much any heavy weight in the league, and not to mention Bergeron KO'd Georges last night.

All I see Julien doing is coaching a team to the 2nd best regular season record this season, the best season since '72 for the Bruins (which we won the cup that year). He is up for the Jack Adams award for sure. But they won't go far....

Sea_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote