HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

TSN/Sportsnet future hockey plans....

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-15-2004, 11:40 PM
  #1
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,262
vCash: 500
TSN/Sportsnet future hockey plans....

Just heard this off of the TEAM 1040 in Vancouver.....

Don Taylor (who anchors Sportsnet news Pacific....aka.... the colour guy from previous EA games) said that the guys on sportsnet are seriously looking into broadcasting Swedish Elite League Games with emphasis on the swedes that play on the Canucks.... I guess that's a regional thing for the fans out in BC but I'm sure sportnet in your area has similar plans.

As for TSN, they are looking to move their classic games to the main network..... (maybe simulcasting with ESPN classics Canada )

Anyways, that's what's going on.... I'm kinda looking forward to watching some classics..... hopefully, they will show a lot of the 93 habs cuz I really didn't enjoy that run as much as I should have...... I was in grade 4 so I thought the habs were gonna win it every year after that point

Hackett is offline  
Old
09-15-2004, 11:48 PM
  #2
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,560
vCash: 179
the NHL network should cover something. they will have a lot of empty air space if the dont replace NHL on the Fly. i hope they will show the AHL and CHL some.

Raider917 is offline  
Old
09-15-2004, 11:50 PM
  #3
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
the NHL network should cover something. they will have a lot of empty air space if the dont replace NHL on the Fly. i hope they will show the AHL and CHL some.
AHL on the fly. That'd be nice.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 12:00 AM
  #4
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,726
vCash: 500
The SEL is hockey but I would kill for Finland and Russian hockey coverage. And of course some AHL and the too uncommon College games (here in Canada). With all of this plus the traditional CHL coverage, I have more than enough to not care in the least if the fat cats refuse to play in the NHL.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 10:34 AM
  #5
Guillermo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hull / Québec
Posts: 216
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
Sportsnet plans

I e-mailed Sportsnet east recently, asking about their hockey schedule for the upcoming season. They said that they will show some AHL games for sure, but the amount of games remains to be seen.

Guillermo is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 10:40 AM
  #6
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
The SEL is hockey but I would kill for Finland and Russian hockey coverage. And of course some AHL and the too uncommon College games (here in Canada). With all of this plus the traditional CHL coverage, I have more than enough to not care in the least if the fat cats refuse to play in the NHL.
Oh yeah, some Russian hockey would be great!

VAN-HAB is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 03:15 PM
  #7
NonoRobot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
I just read in La Presse that if the Hamilton Bulldogs play games at Bell Center, RDS may show the games.

NonoRobot is online now  
Old
09-16-2004, 03:29 PM
  #8
Ace2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mtl
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
if thats the case, then i won't miss NHL hockey as much because i'm mainly interested in our prospects. LETS HOPE IT HAPPENS!

Ace2000 is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 03:51 PM
  #9
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonoRobot
I just read in La Presse that if the Hamilton Bulldogs play games at Bell Center, RDS may show the games.


I can't see how this is possible. What if you bought season tickets, and then the team says we are moving games to the Bell center. I don't think it's possible.

montreal is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 05:06 PM
  #10
saskhab
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I can't see how this is possible. What if you bought season tickets, and then the team says we are moving games to the Bell center. I don't think it's possible.
They'd probably be refunded for those games. I read an article earlier in the summer that the Bulldogs might play some games in Montreal, NHL season or no NHL season, but nothing definitive either way since... Maybe it's part of a longer term approach (test the market for AHL hockey in Montreal) to try and have the AHL team in Montreal as well like Philly, Edmonton, and Toronto?

saskhab is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 05:29 PM
  #11
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I've just seen an ad on TQS for either the AHL or a senior american hockey league starting on october 1st.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 05:36 PM
  #12
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Wonder what CBC will be broadcasting in HNIC time slot?

I hope they do like last time and show some of the old-time classics

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 06:18 PM
  #13
NonoRobot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 92
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
I've just seen an ad on TQS for either the AHL or a senior american hockey league starting on october 1st.
TQS will broadcast 3 LNAH games. October 1st, October 8th and October 15th. If the ratings are good, TQS will broadcast as much as 24 games.


Last edited by NonoRobot: 09-16-2004 at 06:22 PM.
NonoRobot is online now  
Old
09-16-2004, 06:26 PM
  #14
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I can't see how this is possible. What if you bought season tickets, and then the team says we are moving games to the Bell center. I don't think it's possible.
somebody actually holds season tickets in hamilton?

Hackett is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 07:59 PM
  #15
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,430
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Nevermind.

LNAH SUCKS. I want AHL dammit.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
09-16-2004, 10:20 PM
  #16
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
They'd probably be refunded for those games. I read an article earlier in the summer that the Bulldogs might play some games in Montreal, NHL season or no NHL season, but nothing definitive either way since... Maybe it's part of a longer term approach (test the market for AHL hockey in Montreal) to try and have the AHL team in Montreal as well like Philly, Edmonton, and Toronto?


I don't buy it. How would you feel if your team got moved for some games cause others don't have hockey. It's not fair to Hamilton imo and doesn't seem likely. I've heard this rumor but I'll believe it when I see it. I would be pissed if I got tickets and they moved the game hours north.

montreal is offline  
Old
09-17-2004, 01:19 PM
  #17
saskhab
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I don't buy it. How would you feel if your team got moved for some games cause others don't have hockey. It's not fair to Hamilton imo and doesn't seem likely. I've heard this rumor but I'll believe it when I see it. I would be pissed if I got tickets and they moved the game hours north.
That's true, I'd be pissed, too. But I do remember an article that at least suggested the possibility of AHL games in Montreal next year. Since none are planned right now, I doubt it will happen (this year). Could happen next year if a lockout continues...

saskhab is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.