HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

TSN/Sportsnet future hockey plans....

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
TSN/Sportsnet future hockey plans....

Just heard this off of the TEAM 1040 in Vancouver.....

Don Taylor (who anchors Sportsnet news Pacific....aka.... the colour guy from previous EA games) said that the guys on sportsnet are seriously looking into broadcasting Swedish Elite League Games with emphasis on the swedes that play on the Canucks.... I guess that's a regional thing for the fans out in BC but I'm sure sportnet in your area has similar plans.

As for TSN, they are looking to move their classic games to the main network..... (maybe simulcasting with ESPN classics Canada )

Anyways, that's what's going on.... I'm kinda looking forward to watching some classics..... hopefully, they will show a lot of the 93 habs cuz I really didn't enjoy that run as much as I should have...... I was in grade 4 so I thought the habs were gonna win it every year after that point

Old
09-15-2004, 11:48 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
the NHL network should cover something. they will have a lot of empty air space if the dont replace NHL on the Fly. i hope they will show the AHL and CHL some.

Old
09-15-2004, 11:50 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917
the NHL network should cover something. they will have a lot of empty air space if the dont replace NHL on the Fly. i hope they will show the AHL and CHL some.
AHL on the fly. That'd be nice.

Old
09-16-2004, 12:00 AM
Vlad The Impaler

The SEL is hockey but I would kill for Finland and Russian hockey coverage. And of course some AHL and the too uncommon College games (here in Canada). With all of this plus the traditional CHL coverage, I have more than enough to not care in the least if the fat cats refuse to play in the NHL.

Old
09-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
Sportsnet plans

I e-mailed Sportsnet east recently, asking about their hockey schedule for the upcoming season. They said that they will show some AHL games for sure, but the amount of games remains to be seen.

Old
09-16-2004, 10:40 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
The SEL is hockey but I would kill for Finland and Russian hockey coverage. And of course some AHL and the too uncommon College games (here in Canada). With all of this plus the traditional CHL coverage, I have more than enough to not care in the least if the fat cats refuse to play in the NHL.
Oh yeah, some Russian hockey would be great!

Old
09-16-2004, 03:15 PM
NonoRobot

I just read in La Presse that if the Hamilton Bulldogs play games at Bell Center, RDS may show the games.

Old
09-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Ace2000

Send a message via ICQ to Ace2000
if thats the case, then i won't miss NHL hockey as much because i'm mainly interested in our prospects. LETS HOPE IT HAPPENS!

Old
09-16-2004, 03:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonoRobot
I just read in La Presse that if the Hamilton Bulldogs play games at Bell Center, RDS may show the games.

I can't see how this is possible. What if you bought season tickets, and then the team says we are moving games to the Bell center. I don't think it's possible.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:06 PM
saskhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I can't see how this is possible. What if you bought season tickets, and then the team says we are moving games to the Bell center. I don't think it's possible.
They'd probably be refunded for those games. I read an article earlier in the summer that the Bulldogs might play some games in Montreal, NHL season or no NHL season, but nothing definitive either way since... Maybe it's part of a longer term approach (test the market for AHL hockey in Montreal) to try and have the AHL team in Montreal as well like Philly, Edmonton, and Toronto?

Old
09-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
I've just seen an ad on TQS for either the AHL or a senior american hockey league starting on october 1st.

Old
09-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Wonder what CBC will be broadcasting in HNIC time slot?

I hope they do like last time and show some of the old-time classics

Old
09-16-2004, 06:18 PM
NonoRobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
I've just seen an ad on TQS for either the AHL or a senior american hockey league starting on october 1st.
TQS will broadcast 3 LNAH games. October 1st, October 8th and October 15th. If the ratings are good, TQS will broadcast as much as 24 games.

Last edited by NonoRobot: 09-16-2004 at 06:22 PM.
Old
09-16-2004, 06:26 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
somebody actually holds season tickets in hamilton?

Old
09-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Nevermind.

LNAH SUCKS. I want AHL dammit.

Old
09-16-2004, 10:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
They'd probably be refunded for those games. I read an article earlier in the summer that the Bulldogs might play some games in Montreal, NHL season or no NHL season, but nothing definitive either way since... Maybe it's part of a longer term approach (test the market for AHL hockey in Montreal) to try and have the AHL team in Montreal as well like Philly, Edmonton, and Toronto?

I don't buy it. How would you feel if your team got moved for some games cause others don't have hockey. It's not fair to Hamilton imo and doesn't seem likely. I've heard this rumor but I'll believe it when I see it. I would be pissed if I got tickets and they moved the game hours north.

Old
09-17-2004, 01:19 PM
saskhab

Quote:
I don't buy it. How would you feel if your team got moved for some games cause others don't have hockey. It's not fair to Hamilton imo and doesn't seem likely. I've heard this rumor but I'll believe it when I see it. I would be pissed if I got tickets and they moved the game hours north.
That's true, I'd be pissed, too. But I do remember an article that at least suggested the possibility of AHL games in Montreal next year. Since none are planned right now, I doubt it will happen (this year). Could happen next year if a lockout continues...

Closed Thread