HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECQ Game 3 | 4-20-09 | 7 PM ET | Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2009, 08:46 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSAF HABS AWISS View Post
really? ur scared of dog food?

trying to confuse the guy ? don't do that, he's already lost...

Old
04-20-2009, 09:02 AM
cneely

I had thought before the series, that this would be a win for the Habs. Going home, loud crowd...

After seeing them roll over and die last game though, I don't know. The Habs didn't really show any emotion, or any effort in the 3rd period of game 2. They looked like a beaten team.

They have to come out with a little more effort than that.

Last edited by cneely: 04-20-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old
04-20-2009, 09:05 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
I had thought before the series, that this would be a win for the Habs. Going home, loud crowd...

After seeing them roll over and die last game though, I don't know. The Habs didn't really show any emotion, or any effort in the 3rd period of game 3. They looked like a beaten team.

They have to come out with a little more effort than that.
they look that way since Markov injury...

Old
04-20-2009, 09:07 AM
NHLcrazy

I hope my Habs win so I can get my Bruins in 5 prediction in my playoff pool...lol

Anyways I just pray we don't get destroyed again.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:35 AM
bruinsfan321

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabsFan View Post
Hoping he won't be, I beleive he lost it... what a terrible season for the youngster. Halak looked much stronger in the 3rd period in game 2. The players don't seem to want to play in front of Carey. Every game he lets 1 or 2 really weak goals in... sad but true.

And now Price wants to go at it with a fan...?
http://www.25stanley.com/home/les-fa...-la-glace.html
I gotta believe it will be Halak. I really thought Halak outplayed Price this season.

Anyway, hope he's not good enough to beat the B's!

Old
04-20-2009, 09:37 AM
MoonDragn

Whatever happened to Price being the next Patrik Roy?

Old
04-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Claypool

I still can't believe Montreal decided to go with two young goalies for the playoffs two years in a row.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:40 AM
MontrealHabsFan

Last year Montreal led 2-0 and the series went to 7... a total reversal!

And with Lucic out tonight, it may just happen. Plus the Bell Center isn't the easiest place to play at! Especially during the playoffs!

Old
04-20-2009, 09:40 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Anybody who blames the result of either game on Price is an idiot. Period. He is far, far down on the list of players to blame for those two losses.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Vicarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
Whatever happened to Price being the next Patrik Roy?
Or the people who said he had nerves of steel. Who went through great lengths to tell us that nothing bothered Price because he was so calmed and composed. I feel bad for the guy and i'm sure he will bounce back, but this is a lost season for him.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:44 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

I never understood why they went back to Price anyways...Halak was playing great and beat a few really good teams in a row before being replaced by Price sometime in March.

He's just more consistent right now and while Price has "big save ability"...Montreal could use a steadier presence in goal, and I think Halak gives them that.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
MontrealHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
Or the people who said he had nerves of steel. Who went through great lengths to tell us that nothing bothered Price because he was so calmed and composed. I feel bad for the guy and i'm sure he will bounce back, but this is a lost season for him.

This year Price isn't showing he's the next Roy... if he continues he'll be the next Alexandre Daigle... what a shame.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:48 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I've always thought the opposite of most fans. I think his nerves and puck handling are the worst two aspects of his game (along with going down too much). I've heard bad things about his lateral movement, but to me, it's fine because he's so big he doesn't need to move as quickly. And his positioning is usually great until he gets on his knees.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:48 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
This year Price isn't showing he's the next Roy... if he continues he'll be the next Alexandre Daigle... what a shame.
Why does he have to be one or the other? Maybe he'll just turn into a consistent top 10 or 15 goaltender.

HF is all about extremes apparently.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
digger18

I would have to agree, Neither loss in Boston can be blamed on Carey Price. He is not the only second year young star who had a rough go of it this year. Price will bounce back.....That being said, I think Gainey should have traded Halak and brought in a veteran goalie with the ability to take some pressure off Price when things were not going well for him during the season. As of right now Price has no one to turn to for advice. Someone who has been there and can be a calming influence mentally. Now that Roy is back in the good books of the organization...The Habs should consider bringing him in as Goaler Coach.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:49 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:

Most were just saying this on hearsay, although he probably had nerves of steels when he was in Jr or in the AHL Calder Cup run... the kid always been a notch above everybody else... now he's in the NHL, with players who for the most part were all a notch above at some point...

Agreed, and Carbo/Gainey should have realized that too... he is supposed to be the future of te Habs, forget about getting one more win this season, take him out of the #1 spot and "build him"... you know...

Old
04-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Vicarious

Quote:
At this rate that would be a success. Never heard of a goalie becoming a forward and still playing in the NHL. Thats pretty impressive indeed!

Old
04-20-2009, 09:51 AM
MoonDragn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
Why does he have to be one or the other? Maybe he'll just turn into a consistent top 10 or 15 goaltender.

HF is all about extremes apparently.
He doesn't have to be anything, but in his rookie year, every day you had posts about how great Price was.

Compare that to Brodeur who everyone criticized in his rookie year. Even after he won his first cup in his 2nd year, everyone didn't even give him credit.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:53 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
He doesn't have to be anything, but in his rookie year, every day you had posts about how great Price was.
Probably because he was great at the WJC and great in the AHL. It's not like this hype was built up out of nowhere. He actually had accomplished things in the past prior to his rookie year.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:56 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
How is that any different than pointing out how bad he is or how big of a bust he is during a rough stretch?

I think the Montreal management started listening to the hype themselves last year when they dealt Huet but it's pretty clear that Price needs a veteran goalie to help lighten the load.

If the Habs had developed Price like they developed Halak they'd be much better off.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:00 AM
digger18

The bigger problem with the Habs in my opinion is that they have too many small soft forwards to go through 4 rounds of grinding playoff hockey. If this team is going to take a step up they are going to have to bring in some Charachter guys who can bring more heart and determination to the lineup.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:01 AM
sensfan83*

It would be funny to dig up all the trade proposals for Price that were vehemently shot down by Habs fans. I think I can even recall a small minority of fans turning down proposals for Crosby. There would definitely be some lols to be had. Gotta be the most over-hyped prospect in a long time.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:06 AM
MontrealHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
How is that any different than pointing out how bad he is or how big of a bust he is during a rough stretch?

I think the Montreal management started listening to the hype themselves last year when they dealt Huet but it's pretty clear that Price needs a veteran goalie to help lighten the load.

If the Habs had developed Price like they developed Halak they'd be much better off.
A year with Hamilton may have helped him... But Halak spent about half the time in Hamilton last year and the year before, splitting time with Yann Denis who just won MVP down there... Montreal may be allowing to much time on development with Goaltenders... We havn't had a dominating player in nets since Roy... and please don't talk about Theodore... he had one good season and signed a huge contract afterwards... we all know what happened... Varlamov is in nets for Washington...

Can't Montreal just get a seasoned Goaltender... instead of always relying on upcomers...? Just a thought?

Old
04-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Hoping he won't be, I beleive he lost it... what a terrible season for the youngster. Halak looked much stronger in the 3rd period in game 2. The players don't seem to want to play in front of Carey. Every game he lets 1 or 2 really weak goals in... sad but true.

And now Price wants to go at it with a fan...?
http://www.25stanley.com/home/les-fa...-la-glace.html
Did you really start a new account just to slag Carey Price on the main boards? You're going places, kid.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:23 AM
MontrealHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Did you really start a new account just to slag Carey Price on the main boards? You're going places, kid.
That was not my intention. Not at all... just tired of people backing Carey Price, when he hasn't proven anything. He isn't focused at all... I've been watching all the other games. And I havn't seen a sloppier Goalie during playoffs... the goal during Game 1, where he didn't cover the puck fast enough was just a shame. His handling behind the net...

Everybody said Osgood was washed up! Wow, he's doing his job, he moves around quick, and is always ready for a shot!

Closed Thread