HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

ECQ Game 3 | 4-20-09 | 7 PM ET | Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2009, 10:24 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
I hope the Bruins will manage a lot of shots on goal in order to get Halak hot for the World Championship´s

Let´s go Bruins!!

Old
04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabsFan View Post
Hoping he won't be, I beleive he lost it... what a terrible season for the youngster. Halak looked much stronger in the 3rd period in game 2. The players don't seem to want to play in front of Carey. Every game he lets 1 or 2 really weak goals in... sad but true.

And now Price wants to go at it with a fan...?
http://www.25stanley.com/home/les-fa...-la-glace.html
Go at it with a fan? I thought it was hilarious, but not that it looked bad against Price. Least it showed he had a sense of humor.

I also think Halak deserves a shot (I'd rather the B's played against Price myself), but one thing you have to wonder is whether or not the hometown support might be of benefit to Price. He seems to play well in front of them.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:32 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Got to love how Price is getting all this trash thrown at him, while Steve Mason is sucking major butt this playoffs and nobody says a word.

Could it be that young goaltenders MIGHT just have a few years to go before they become consistent? I mean, this isn't too far off in the relm of possibility is it? Is Steve Mason a bust too? Maybe he's just a playoff choker! Cause I mean, it seems the only think people understand here is extreme case scenarios.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
while Steve Mason is sucking major butt this playoffs.
Yeah, right.

SA/G - SV% - GAA

Mason
36.5 - 0.890

Price
32 - 0.875

Old
04-20-2009, 10:39 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Got to love how Price is getting all this trash thrown at him, while Steve Mason is sucking major butt this playoffs and nobody says a word.

Could it be that young goaltenders MIGHT just have a few years to go before they become consistent? I mean, this isn't too far off in the relm of possibility is it? Is Steve Mason a bust too? Maybe he's just a playoff choker! Cause I mean, it seems the only think people understand here is extreme case scenarios.
Let me know when Price gets 10 shutouts in a season.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Chobomin

Quote:

This.

Both Habs and CBJ are facing far superior teams and getting their butts handed to them, both young goaltenders have not played well, and yet Price is the only one getting all this flak.

I'm not the biggest Habs/Price fan (and I agree they must start Halak in Game 3) but consider all viewpoints before trashing a promising young goalie. Then again, this is HF.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:47 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
Yeah, right.

SA/G - SV% - GAA

Mason
36.5 - 0.890

Price
32 - 0.875
Those are good numbers?

I never said that Price was doing better. I said that Mason is sucking. Which he is. And nobody is talking about it for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
Let me know when Price gets 10 shutouts in a season.
What does that have to do with Mason's playoff performance?

Old
04-20-2009, 10:49 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:

And either way, I don't mean to start making excuses, but we are the eighth seed playing against one of the best teams in the league, and we're playing without our best player, and we've yet to play a game at home. I have to wonder with the mass freakout going on in Habland just what exactly people were expecting from us in these past 2 games?

We were in game 1 until the very end when Gorges decided to take a brainless penalty, and we decided to reward Price's great play at the beginning of the 1st in game 2 with 5 straight penalties to one of the league's best PP.

We also have 3 goals in two games, and only 1 by a player not named Alex Kovalev.

...but yeah, blame Price.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:50 AM
MaxPac88

What about when he plays against the second highest scoring team in the NHL? Without his top defenceman?

Old
04-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
I never said that Price was doing better. I said that Mason is sucking. Which he is. ?
Far from bad for someone who plays his first professional playoffs against the offensive powerhouse of the league.

He's barely under .900 with nearly 37 shots against per game.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:55 AM
TheGoalJudge

It's definitely not Price's fault. When your defense allows the other team to back them up all the way into the slot and take unchallenged wristers you have bigger problems than your goalie.

Sure he could have stopped a couple of the goals over the first 2 games but he also DID make some huge saves.

There is one thing I don't like about Price, however. I feel like that "calm, cool and collected" is more like lazy and half asleep at times. Sometimes he under reacts in situations or moves to lackadaisical for my tastes.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Bobby Clark
Spicy Sausage

Quote:
Far from bad for someone who plays his first professional playoffs against the offensive powerhouse of the league.

Because the Canadiens are facing a joke team in Boston right?

Old
04-20-2009, 10:57 AM
TheGoalJudge

Quote:

It's not good. Please stop. No one's saying Mason sucks, they're just noting how Mason is in a similar situation as Price, playing behind a team that is totally outclassed, and is receiving none of the same venom Price is.

Old
04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:

And Price is facing the second biggest offensive powerhouse of the league, in his second ever NHL playoffs.

But yeah don't let that get in the way of anything.

Old
04-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan09 View Post
I'd be more scared of Bitz than Laraque.
Bitz can actually play hockey.

Maybe he will get that hat trick tonight

We want Bitz...We Want Bitz...We want Bitz...We want Bitz..We want Bitz

What a fun night that was

Old
04-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
It's not good. Please stop. No one's saying Mason sucks, they're just noting how Mason is in a similar situation as Price, playing behind a team that is totally outclassed, and is receiving none of the same venom Price is.
I agree. Not sure why you guys are so hard on Price. He most likely got pulled to see if it would spark the team. Most of the goals shouldn't lie on his shoulders hence he shouldn't be blamed for eveything.

He hasn't stole a game yet and if he does all the nay sayers will be back saying they told you so. Not that I expect him to steal a game cause he won't.

Old
04-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Waltah*

price vs. mason, gm.3, ecqf

Old
04-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
In Mason's defense, He has looked more composed then Price.

Price going after fans shows he is not mentally tough enough. I would also argue if you watch the BJ's games. Mason is the only reason that the Jackets aren't being beat by 8 goals.

Halak is the reason the Habs are still alive. He played better then Carey but Gainey screwed him over for his golden boy.

Price hasn't been to blame for the Habs being down 2 games to 0. But he hasn't helped matters by allowing a couple of soft goals and looking average most of the time.

Halak could still give the Habs a chance to fight back and at least stretch this to 7 games.

Old
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
MontrealHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Halak is the reason the Habs are still alive. He played better then Carey but Gainey screwed him over for his golden boy.
It isn't Gainey's only mistake this year! Carbo got fired because he had a "Communication" problem with the players. That was the official reason..... wow

Check out the news today: http://www.montrealgazette.com/mikeh...055/story.html

Players need to listen... says Gainey!

Old
04-20-2009, 11:50 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDragn View Post
Whatever happened to Price being the next Patrik Roy?
Whatever happened to being 21 ****ing years old?

And people with these useless comments, Roy was average for 2 years after his Cup in 1986. Stupid comment.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Markov and Lang with outside chances of playing. Both we're in full gear shooting pucks this morning and Gainey won't confirm anything about tonight's lineup.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Markov and Lang with outside chances of playing. Both we're in full gear shooting pucks this morning and Gainey won't confirm anything about tonight's lineup.
The fact that they didn't practice with the team would lead one to believe they won't be playing.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:49 PM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
hahaha rightttttt

Old
04-20-2009, 01:52 PM
NuxFan09

I'm really pumped for this game. It's been the most entertaining series so far up there with the Blues/Canucks series. Although i think the Bruins have this series pretty much in the bag, I'd like to see Montreal take at least one of these home games.

My prediction: 4-3 Canadiens

BOS goals: Chara, Savard, Thornton

MTL goals: Schneider, Kovalev, A. Kostitsyn, Tanguay

Old
04-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Washington Capitals

3-2 Bruins

Closed Thread