HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GAME 3 ECQF|4/20/09|Boston @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD CBC-HD NESN-HD

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
The problem, in my view, is he's trying to break out of his slump by himself. He's trying to do it by scoring goals, when we need to him to involve his linemates. Selfish play is what got him in the slump.
I agree with this completely.

At first, he was still involving his linemates, but now it's at the point where he needs to get something, himself, before he'll be content. That's not how we need him to play though.

He's got excellent vision and a good shot. If he finds other players, they can in return find him, and he'll be able to score goals. He wasn't a 30-goal scorer (29) by fluke, he's got the talent. It's a matter of him shaking the cobwebs, which won't happen until as you suggested, he stops being selfish.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I agree with this completely.

At first, he was still involving his linemates, but now it's at the point where he needs to get something, himself, before he'll be content. That's not how we need him to play though.

He's got excellent vision and a good shot. If he finds other players, they can in return find him, and he'll be able to score goals. He wasn't a 30-goal scorer (29) by fluke, he's got the talent. It's a matter of him shaking the cobwebs, which won't happen until as you suggested, he stops being selfish.
I don't see selfishness...I just see a guy trying to cut corners and trying to be cute with the puck. He's trying to make all his plays from the perimeter, same goes for the Kostitsyn's...I mean, i've never seen player skate AWAY from the opponents nets as much as these guys.

You gotta pay the price in the playoffs, especially against a team like the Bruins...

Old
04-20-2009, 12:10 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I just think he's trying to cut corners, he's trying to avoid contact, or when the puck is in the corner, he's trying to first absorb the hit, then make a play on the puck. If Pleks wants to break his slumps, he's going to have to pay the price and get involved
I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. There's no battle in him right now, and that might have something to do with his confidence. Something's going to have to give though, you can't take a one line team deep in the playoffs.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. There's no battle in him right now, and that might have something to do with his confidence. Something's going to have to give though, you can't take a one line team deep in the playoffs.
No definately not...like you said, there's no battle in him right now. I seem to recall him being much more involved physically in contest. It's almost like he's allergic to contact right now. Is he injured?

Old
04-20-2009, 12:17 PM
big_habs_fan

Regardless of who starts, who's in, who's out, etc... the Habs won't win a game until they start to execute the 'simple' plays - how many times have one of the Habs had the puck on their stick 5 feet within either side of their blueline and been unable to move it to another teamate or deep into the Bruins' zone? I couldn't believe how often that happened last game. It's simple execution that takes 5 guys working on the ice TOGETHER. Let's hope they have figured that out and EXECUTE!

And enough of trying to show that there as tough as the Bruins - play to your strength - speed, speed, speed. Enough is enough, Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev first line.

Go Habs Go.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Optimus Price

Allez, allez, allez.
Allez, Montréal.

Allez, allez, allez.
Allez, Montréal.

On veut gagner, on peut gagner, on VA gagner!

I want to hear that chant tonight so bad.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
Score first, and avoid early penalties.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:13 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex Pacioretty View Post
Allez, allez, allez.
Allez, Montréal.

Allez, allez, allez.
Allez, Montréal.

On veut gagner, on peut gagner, on VA gagner!

I want to hear that chant tonight so bad.
Loco Locass will performing it live at the tailgate at 5p.m. on CKAC.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
NoCarrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull909 View Post
Score first, and avoid early penalties.
Score first, avoid penalties, at all cost.. If they didn't learn about how important discipline can be in the series, they never will.. We can't win this series in PK mode, 5 on 5 we have a chance..

Old
04-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Spy
resU deretsigeR

I just heard on RDS that Plekanec and D'Agostini won't be playing tonight.

SKost and Weber will replace them.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:27 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Did team 990 just say Markov is in?

Old
04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
NoCarrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Did team 990 just say Markov is in?
What? Really?!??!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic...nted_in_h.html

"Perhaps more importantly in terms of the outcome of this series, Habs defenceman Andrei Markov skated again Monday morning, but he didn't take part in the game day skate with his teammates. He was joined by centre Robert Lang, out since Feb. 1 with a severed Achilles tendon, and Lang was in full equipment Monday as opposed to when he skated Sunday in a track suit. That may be progress, or it may not, but he was skating pretty hard.

Gainey has said that Markov won't play until he skates with his teammates because that is the natural progression of coming back from an injury, but Francis Bouillon was thrown into Game 2 without first practising with the team. Of course, Bouillon didn't make it out of the first period of that game, so maybe that will serve as a warning to Gainey regarding Markov.

But the Canadiens record is 0-5-1 since Markov's injury, and it's 6-17-2 since the lockout when Markov hasn't played. That's not a tremendous winning percentage to be going into a must-win game with, so perhaps both Gainey and Markov have another little trick up their sleeves for Game 3."

Old
04-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Cull909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post

Are they rolling 3 Centers?

Old
04-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Spy
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull909 View Post
Are they rolling 3 Centers?
I have no clue... Can Weber play centre?

Old
04-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadyens View Post

Great,Sergei really deserves it

Old
04-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Adam91

Don't tell me Bob is going with the same lineup as game 2.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:40 PM
habsrock60

Haha, I love this pokerface Gainey. Nobody knows what's going to happen. Maybe he doesn't want Markov to skate with his teammates to throw off the Bruins? Unlikely yes, but you never know at this time of year. I can just hear Elliote Freidman's voice tonight.
"In a suprising move, Andrei Markov has dressed for tonights game." Wow would I jump through the roof

Old
04-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Great,Sergei really deserves it
I can't take this anymore. Even if you lose games, you have to put players that are ready to perform and are giving some effort. Sergei Kostitsyn doesn't belong in the NHL as of right now. D'Agostini and Plekanec are far more valuable to the team.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Cull909

I'm as down on Pleks as anyone, but for the love of God, only 3 Centers when two won't score (Metro, Laps) and one (Saku) needs to be rested to be effective?

Old
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
big_habs_fan

Absolute no brainer who to start tonight - Halak leads all goaltenders in the playoffs in both GAA and Save%.

Sportsnet

Go Habs Go!!!

Old
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I can't take this anymore. Even if you lose games, you have to put players that are ready to perform and are giving some effort. Sergei Kostitsyn doesn't belong in the NHL as of right now. D'Agostini and Plekanec are far more valuable to the team.
Anyways I don't think it's official yet but I really hope Sergei doesn't play

Old
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Keys to the game

- KAK line back together. No more Laraque on the first line.
- Score the FIRST Goal. If we don't get it, our confidence is so fragile that I fear that's the end.
- Draw stupid penalties, don't TAKE stupid penalties. Sergei Kostitsyn, Josh Gorges, I'm looking at you.
- Play a speed and skill oriented game. Your Game, Habs.
- No one cares if we can hit Boston, if we're tough and won't back down. Because you know what? We've lost everytime we've tried to prove that. Go in and score and win the hockey game. If you want to prove your tough, enroll in the UFC after the season is over.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:54 PM
theboss

I love the pic. GO HABS GO!

Old
04-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_habs_fan View Post
Regardless of who starts, who's in, who's out, etc... the Habs won't win a game until they start to execute the 'simple' plays - how many times have one of the Habs had the puck on their stick 5 feet within either side of their blueline and been unable to move it to another teamate or deep into the Bruins' zone? I couldn't believe how often that happened last game. It's simple execution that takes 5 guys working on the ice TOGETHER. Let's hope they have figured that out and EXECUTE!

And enough of trying to show that there as tough as the Bruins - play to your strength - speed, speed, speed. Enough is enough, Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev first line.

Go Habs Go.
Agreed.

They just don't win enough battles as a team. Each guy should aim to win that puck every time they get into a battle for it. Personally I don't see enough desire from all of our guys, and that's what it takes to win in a sport like this.

Old
04-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Kriss E

I don't get why everybody is reporting which players will play.

Gainey refused to reveal any of his roster for tonight. Not the starting goalie, not the forwards, and not the D.
He said to wait for pre-game warm-up to find out.

Closed Thread