HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lucic Suspended 1 Game

Old
04-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Mustafa*

vCash: 500
Seriously Lucic is just getting the same kind of attention that Avery had when he arrived in the league, in 2-3 year he'll be hated by everyone and he wont be able to find a job in the NHL.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Lucic is a player with character, toughness, scoring ability, and leadership (He was a Momorial Cup MVP, Captain of the World Junior Gold Medal team). He's a player that was stolen by the Bruins in the second round and a key player any team would want on their top six forwards.

No he's not a one dimensional scoring star .... he is so much more. Any comment to the contrary is showing just plain ignorance and little knowledge of the game of hockey.
You forgot to add viciousness and a penchant for hitting players when they're not in a position to defend themselves. In 2 games within a span of a week against Montréal he received a double minor, 10 minute penalty and a suspension. 'nuff said about Cheech. I look forward to longer and longer suspensions as entries are added to his rap sheet.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
You forgot to add viciousness and a penchant for hitting players when they're not in a position to defend themselves. In 2 games within a span of a week against Montréal he received a double minor, 10 minute penalty and a suspension. 'nuff said about Cheech. I look forward to longer and longer suspensions as entries are added to his rap sheet.
Three attempt at injuring seriously a player in his last three games against the Habs, he should not be playing in this league, he's a loose canon.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Lucic is a game changer period.
A SHAPE CHANGER? WAS THERE A FULL MOON?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Mustafa*

[QUOTE=NEstars31;19165642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post

well a few of your penalties were lazy ones...

I have no problem with a Lucic suspension if Komisarek or Kostopolous got suspended from game one.

My point was i would have prefered none of the three suspended
I'd be ok with Kostopoulos for one game, but then i'd go with 2-3 games for Lucic because he realy want to behead Lapierre. Komisarek should not get any suspension.

EDIT Plus 2 games for trying to break the neck of Komisarek i the last game of the season.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I guess Lapierre did his job.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 03:17 AM
Habs killer

I can live with the suspension, ok I will I say I think its fair. Moving Wheeler off the 4th is a definite plus, 20 goal scorer.

Habs killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Team Australopithecus
Sweet. We're not neanderthals.

04-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Middleton View Post
Sweet. We're not neanderthals.
YOU aren't anything of the sort... I think. (BTW, is that REALLY over 70,000 posts? Umm... that's a lot of posting, even for 7 years). Like I said, in reference to the ***ing ****__ **** crew and those with the less-than-fit for the main boards comments in the the Habification Nation thread and the others calling for blood and heads over there. Hyperbole? Sure. I mean, the posts were mostly in English, after all.

And science and I are still at odds as to the ACTUAL reasons behind how a Bruins fan can watch a selection of videos and consistently see it differently from, well, everyone else. My evolution hypothesis may have been premature. Study ongoing.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
SmurfsFTW
DD for Masterton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Too bad. I really would have liked for him to face the music (Laraque) right away. But who am I kidding... he's too much of a panzy for that.
I agree.

I don't know why some are saying that this guy is a goon, 'cause all season long he refused to dance with Laraque and picked his guys so he won't look like a fool, not pretty goonish to me. He's afraid to fight with Laraque, a goon isn't afraid of anyone.

SmurfsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
YOU aren't anything of the sort... I think. (BTW, is that REALLY over 70,000 posts? Umm... that's a lot of posting, even for 7 years). Like I said, in reference to the ***ing ****__ **** crew and those with the less-than-fit for the main boards comments in the the Habification Nation thread and the others calling for blood and heads over there. Hyperbole? Sure. I mean, the posts were mostly in English, after all.

And science and I are still at odds as to the ACTUAL reasons behind how a Bruins fan can watch a selection of videos and consistently see it differently from, well, everyone else. My evolution hypothesis may have been premature. Study ongoing.
There's a significant number of Bruins fans who aren't at odds with the one game suspension. There's more animosity over how Colin Campbell justified the suspension. His interview with Ron MacLean was nothing short of embarassing. He contradicted himself on several occassions and came out looking like a moron.

Rick Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Seriously Lucic is just getting the same kind of attention that Avery had when he arrived in the league, in 2-3 year he'll be hated by everyone and he wont be able to find a job in the NHL.
This is one of the most ridiculous things i have read here... Not even close... The Only fans that hate the guy is montreal fans, for obvious reasons.. Avery was/is a mouth runner who is in a Ken Linesman type mold who took it over the edge numerous times.. Honestly i can name a few players on your team who this actually does closely resemble.. Lucic just plays hard and doesnt take any crap.... He shouldnt... He reminds me of Shanen Corson... I bet you hated him when he was playing for you, huh??

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Middleton View Post
There's a significant number of Bruins fans who aren't at odds with the one game suspension. There's more animosity over how Colin Campbell justified the suspension. His interview with Ron MacLean was nothing short of embarassing. He contradicted himself on several occassions and came out looking like a moron.
Yup. Fair enough. And I think "moron" is a bit strong. It's not like he doesn't know what he's talking about. But it's obvious that he (and the league) are struggling to justify their current methods and criteria for handling discipline "issues." The current case by case and player by player considerations are leading to a smegload of questions concerning consistency.

However, I don't think they are going for consistency as much as they are trying some sort of system that seems to mimic public society too closely. You know, where wealthy people are caught with an oz of coke, but get probation because they aren't deemed dangers to society or would suffer unduly from a record for such an offense, while poor folk on corners in slums get jailed for a few grams of weed because they are deemed bigger threats, or less beneficial, to society in the long run.

Seriously, they seem to be trying to determine who gets a second chance and who gets to avoid a black mark on their "record." Mind you, our overly litigious society has been pressuring to exert more influence inside the rink in recent years, so I can understand the difficulty of the tight-rope act they are trying to pull off without casually taking the easier "they must be morons" standpoint. It certainly didn't make him (and his group) seem like they firmly have a grasp on how they are supposed to take care of these situations though, and in that we can agree.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Avery is with the Rangers no? Aren't they leading 2-0 vs WSH?..
Don't think he's doing too bad there, nor did he have a hard time finding a job. If it weren't NYR, it would have been on another PO contender team.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 02:20 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Should have been two...where is Colin Campbell's consistancy?
Daniel Carcillo got one.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 02:23 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I find it funny if the Bruins fans are screaming conspiracy.
They do know that they had every powerplay in the game until the third period when the game was completely out of reach?
They can't be that disillusional to think their team is THAT disciplined and nothing could've been called against them to even it up.
So if either side screams conspiracy, it's just lame. It's a cop out.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 02:25 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Bruins Fan View Post
It's not really crying. I know you saw what I posted earlier today. All I'm saying is inconsistent discipline is bad for the NHL. I shouldn't have to only say that on my board. As hockey fans we should all be concerned about that.

Campbell even said it wasn't clear that if it was a cross check.
He also said that whether or not it was a cross check was not his main concern... they're just trying to send a message about headshots in the playoffs.

It's consistent in that Carcillo got one game, but inconsistent in that Cammelleri got off scott-free.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 02:29 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
He also said that whether or not it was a cross check was not his main concern... they're just trying to send a message about headshots in the playoffs.

It's consistent in that Carcillo got one game, but inconsistent in that Cammelleri got off scott-free.
Maybe reputation has something to do with it?
Carcillo and Lucic are known to play along the line and cross it freely. Carcillo more than Lucic. Cammaleri is not known as being much more than a skilled player. In this case, I guess that's what the difference is between a suspension and no suspension.
Also the point was brought up somewhere else that Lucic really wasn't punished in the game for his act. It was late, his team had the game in the bag and there was no way Montreal was coming back. So if he didn't get a suspension he basically gets off for free for cross-checking Lapierre in the head.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 04:32 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post

the big thing i dont get is he is basing this on "intent".. If thats the case, Kostopolus definitely intended to land his flying elbow in game 1.... Cambell is just so inconsistant it is a joke. He sounds like an idiot on his interview talking about it.. "Camerilli (spelling??) didnt get a suspension cause he aint a bully????" ok...

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote