HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov practices and Lang on skates

Old
04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Ready or not, can he be worse than Plekanec?

I think just having him dressed would be a huge inspiration for the club. Huge.
Well, we saw what happened with Bouillon

Lang can't be worse than Plekanec at this point, but if he plays 2min and then has to leave, we'd have 3centers and one(the 1st line center) that needs limited ice time in order to be more effective.

We'd be in huge trouble if Lang had to leave.

Markov has to come back though, that's a necessity.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
kinda being harsh here
it's only his second year...I still believe Price has the potential to become a top goalie in the NHL.
Agree. I cant stand these emotional comments from posters here. Price has still a lot to learn. Look at Thomas who entered the league at 32 years old.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
When he was injured they said he would be out 12 weeks and it's been 11 weeks (yesterday) since he was hurt. So he's certainly in line to return within the next week or so. I think Game 5 is realistic if he is skating today in full equipment. Game 4 is probably unlikely though I think but you never know.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
God forbid he doesn't instantly become a legend. Anytime a player takes more than 1 yr to fulfill their potential, they're busts.
His confidence has been ruined. If not careful, for good. Just ask guys like Dan Blackburn, Jamie Storr, Eric Fichaud, etc, etc, etc.

He was rushed and then this stupid nickname gave him even more of an unrealistic expectations and made him into something that he's not.

True, Price had better track record than most other phenoms to this point but the same applies. Once you ruin a young goalie's confidence, it's very tricky to get it back... hopefully it follows MA Fleury's model more than all those others but even Fleury took a few years to get his confidence back and it's not completely restored yet.

Lesson learned: Don't mess with God...even in jest if you want your CH to win!

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 01:08 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Roy and even Ward, had bad 2nd seasons.

Carey's playing in his 2nd one..and even if he had a bad one too, he's shown great potential again.

I'm not comparing Carey to Roy, but if even the Best of All Time had a crappy 2nd year then so can Carey.

Going as far as saying we're lucky if he amounts to a Theodore is ridiculous.

21yo buddy, 21. If 21 was the age where you either make or break it, then the NHL would have missed out on a ton of talent.

Patience, you should open a dictionary, find the solution to that word and apply it.
Yeah, it's the same bunch of know-it-all kids who were attacking anyone who said back in October that this version of CH were not Stanely Cup contending team doing the same lame assed kind of homer reasoning on Price now.

If history has anything to say, it's a really, really delicate time for Price and how he is handled.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yeah, it's the same bunch of know-it-all kids who were attacking anyone who said back in October that this version of CH were not Stanely Cup contending team doing the same lame assed kind of homer reasoning on Price now.

If history has anything to say, it's a really, really delicate time for Price and how he is handled.
Still, you said we'd be lucky if Price became as good as Theodore.
So basically, after telling people not to ''mess'' with God, you try to act like one and say Price will be a flop because he isn't as good as you thought he'd be by now.

Bottom line is, Price is young, Halak is young, both have great potential, both are inconsistent (normal for youngsters), will both be amazing?..maybe
Will just one of them be amazing?..maybe
Will they just be good back ups?..maybe
Will they both be flops?..maybe

Only time will tell, but I'm happy with the way they've progressed.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 01:57 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

At this moment I hope we don't get swept. As much as it pains me to say it, the Bruins are a better team...I would hate to shake their hands in MTL.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
panorama01*

Dan Blackburn was ruined by injury... remember the second blocker?
Eric Fichaud's downfall was also injury.
Jamie Storr was not rushed nor put in a high-pressure situation, he spent much of his first years in the minors.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Alex HABensky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
You know, it would be great if Lang came back for tonight or even game 4, and you know, Markov would just be a huge boost because you know, he's really good and you know, he is our best player. Not to mention the fact that you know, Lucic is suspended tonight so you know, it would help us out tremendously to you know, have some of these guys back. You know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
And the media would ask Kovalev what he thought and he would say,"Like I said, having Markov and Lang back would be a big boost, like I said.
I'm not sure Markov speaks any better but does it really matter? Capisci? ..oops, you know?

Alex HABensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:13 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by panorama01 View Post
Dan Blackburn was ruined by injury... remember the second blocker?
Eric Fichaud's downfall was also injury.
Jamie Storr was not rushed nor put in a high-pressure situation, he spent much of his first years in the minors.
That's kind of saying that Price's entire career was ruined by his injury this year. Those kids' careers were ruined long before because their fragile confidence were destroyed by thrusting them into too big of a spot light too early for them to handle. Price was a bigger prospect but Montreal also is a city with more pressures and exposure than anywhere else in the world.