HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

GDT GAME 3 ECQF|4/20/09|Boston @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD CBC-HD NESN-HD Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Craig71

vCash: 500
I realized after game 2 what this would be, I accept what is happening, I don't love it but I accept it, there will be a major house cleaning this summer, so be it, this proud franchise has to get better, bring in some more Canadian an American players, and lets try that for awhile, Price is not ready, but neither is the team in front of him.

Old
Krautso

Whats going on in front of Price?

In the defensive zone they look like a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob.

I still believe though, because I'm incredibly stupid.

Old
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon View Post
I am definitely done with the Kostitsyns and Plekanec. They do absolutely nothing out there. I hope they aren't around next year. I just hope we trade the Kostitsyns before they bolt to the KHL.
I wouldn't miss Kostitsyns either, but I do hope we can get something of value in return for them.

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Can't believe how pathetic some fans around here are and tons at the Bell Center are. The team is without half of our top 6 d, our top left winger and our 2nd best center and we are only one goal behind the top seeded team in the East. If Komisarek picks up Ryder and doesn't make a brutal pass in the first period and if Price plays better we are winning this game.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The real question is....

Will both Kostitsyn be invited to play for Belarus at the next Worlds Championship? I mean, Grabovski was invited.....that should be fun to watch!

Old
TheCH*

I hope the fans start chanting Halak's name. Maybe then he'll get the next game just so Price won't go home crying again when the fans get on his case.

Old
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon View Post
I am definitely done with the Kostitsyns and Plekanec. They do absolutely nothing out there. I hope they aren't around next year. I just hope we trade the Kostitsyns before they bolt to the KHL.
You can't give up on young players just like that. This is the strength of Detroit, they have no problem grooming their players even if they have bad seasons. Franzen had 16 points not so long ago. Hudler started of with very weak seasons. Look at the progress of their players. It takes 4 years (at least) to get a real grip of what a player is capable of, sometimes more.

Patience is the key.

Old
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post

Maybe the reason maybe....Ryder, Souray, Ribeiro and Streit gone and players in their place are Sergei, Brisebois, Plekanec and Weber/O'Byrne?

The reason we are hurting is a PP that was tops in the NHL 2 years in a row and Gainey didn't want to pay the salaries to keep it...and look what happens, he has 11 UFA's this year and why keep them except for maybe 4 in Tanguay, Komisarek, Koivu and Kovalev...and at a lower price now because of their seasons.

Gainey let players go who had continued success and left it in the the hands of youngsters in Kosty Bro's and Pleks and others who had one good year and inexperience in Weber, O'Byrne, Gorges and D'Ago.

The reason isn't Price.
Good point. All our youngsters sucked ass this year except Lapierre and to some extent Lats. Also people seem to forget Markov and Lang are missing, probably our best most consistent and best players during the season... It's definitely affecting the team on more than one level.

Old
MayorFord

komisarek can be such a pylon sometimes

Old
04-20-2009, 07:59 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
At this point, we can't even expect much with the injuries we have.

The fact it's only a 1 goal game is a mircale in itself.
Who cares with the injuries, where is the jump we had earlier?

Montreal's problem is that they let Boston dictate the play and slow it down to their style, we need to stay on top of them with speed and take it to them...we sit back and make turnovers, run around and lose.

We need to play this 3rd like we did the first 10 minutes of the 1st period.

Old
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Can't believe how pathetic some fans around here are and tons at the Bell Center are. The team is without half of our top 6 day, our top left winger and our 2nd best center and we are only one goal behind the top seeded team in the East. If Komisarek picks up Ryder and doesn't make a brutal pass in the first period and if Price plays better we are winning this game.
shhh they expect a cup any day now. in the meantime they'll push away every young free agent we'll have on our hands.

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Also why is everyone blaming Andrei Kostitsyn? He's working hard out there and creating many chances on his line, also his penalty was hilarious since he hit Ward's left hand and Ward started shaking his right hand like a *****.

Old
04-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Frankenheimer

He has all the skill in the world, but mentally he's not there.

Old
Habs_Apostle

In between periods of the rangers-washington game, one of the announcers said something to the effect, "Thank you Andre Markov for covering all year for Komi and making him look so good."

Old
Kirk Muller

DefenseDefenseDefense:handclap :

15 years and nobody has fixed the problem.

Old
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
You can't give up on young players just like that. This is the strength of Detroit, they have no problem grooming their players even if they have bad seasons. Franzen had 16 points not so long ago. Hudler started of with very weak seasons. Look at the progress of their players. It takes 4 years (at least) to get a real grip of what a player is capable of, sometimes more.

Patience is the key.
How in the Sam Hills can you ever compare Montreal to Detroit???????????????

Old
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Sergei isnt even playing
Andrei is playing realy well with Koivu and Kovalev
If you make an opinion atleast back it up.
Andrei is giving Gorges a run for worst Hab on the ice.

Old
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post

Patience is the key.

sorry fellow fan, but mtl does not have the same young talent as det

we are not in there class,

we have no dat, zett, franszen, lid,

Old
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
laps and lats have been horrendous so far...i can point out more good shifts from akost this game alone then all 3 games for those 2 combined...surely these flying frenchmen are exempt from criticism

it looks like most of the opinions here have been derived straight from la presse

and maybe besides for the thornton goal what the hell do people want price to do?

1st was a tip right in front of him

3rd goal he got 2 shots from the right and 2 shots from the left in about 7-8 seconds

boy..i cant imagine this board had thomas been our goalie giving up the crap he has...the weber goal was a 40 ft wrister right between his legs...4 of the 5 goals he has given up this series has been weak..oh sorry because L'Artise scores them they are beautiful shots

we have no lang, markov, schneider and tanguay and even throw in bouillon...the fact that we are still in this game is surprising to me

Old
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Price isn't the problem here. Who the F is our defensive coach?! Who the hell is teaching these players to run after Boston and hack the puck whenever we get control of it? We're giving it back to them every time like we want them to keep shooting on Price to score. Seriously, WTF is going on in our end? Thomas is laughing, Hnidy is laughing. We're chasing Boston like they're playing f'in keep away. F'IN EMBARRASSING. If we can't get the puck out, don't blame Price. It's unreal how terrible we are in our own end.
Price is the problem

We could play amazing and Price will let in a weakie so all our work goes to waste

*tears streaming down my cheek as I realize the 3rd period is do or die time*

Old
04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
He has all the skill in the world, but mentally he's not there.
Well then all the skill in the world won't take you far if you don't have it mentally...a shame...

Old
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
laps and lats have been horrendous so far...i can point out more good shifts from akost this game alone then all 3 games for those 2 combined...surely these flying frenchmen are exempt from criticism

it looks like most of the opinions here have been derived straight from la presse

and maybe besides for the thornton goal what the hell do people want price to do?

1st was a tip right in front of him

3rd goal he got 2 shots from the right and 2 shots from the left in about 7-8 seconds

boy..i cant imagine this board had thomas been our goalie giving up the crap he has...the weber goal was a 40 ft wrister right between his legs...4 of the 5 goals he has given up this series has been weak..oh sorry because L'Artise scores them they are beautiful shots

we have no lang, markov, schneider and tanguay and even throw in bouillon...the fact that we are still in this game is surprising to me

true and those are not superstars,

we miss markov, and sheinds, the most

Old
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Also why is everyone blaming Andrei Kostitsyn? He's working hard out there and creating many chances on his line, also his penalty was hilarious since he hit Ward's left hand and Ward started shaking his right hand like a *****.
People are ragging on him because he's had a very underwhelming season.

Having a decent game tonight though.

Old
suprez

Everyone see them losing tonight.So that why i continue watching.If they can beat them with so much handicap .. Congrats

Tanguay and Mathieu missing today . It's unbelievable they are competing with the bruins tonight.Give them credit and stop bashing them.

Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Wow, Ryder looks so much better now (RDS interview). He seems much healthier and all.

Closed Thread