HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT GAME 3 ECQF|4/20/09|Boston @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD CBC-HD NESN-HD Part II

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2009, 09:01 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
If I'm Gainey I go in to the dressing room and tell the boys we win this period we win the game and are back in this series 2-1.

They have to play a hard 20 minutes, because if they are down 3-0 in games and can't put a hard 20 together there is no way they will be able to put together 240 winning minutes to comeback.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:01 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Also why is everyone blaming Andrei Kostitsyn? He's working hard out there and creating many chances on his line, also his penalty was hilarious since he hit Ward's left hand and Ward started shaking his right hand like a *****.
since is not Price's fault than it should be the Kost brothers.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:02 PM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
DefenseDefenseDefense:handclap :

15 years and nobody has fixed the problem.
size at center!

size at center!

where are you?

jeff carter..ryan getzlaf...no andrei kosteeeetsyn!

Old
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Wow, Ryder looks so much better now (RDS interview). He seems much healthier and all.
He looks very sexy (no homo)

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Can't believe how pathetic some fans around here are and tons at the Bell Center are. The team is without half of our top 6 day, our top left winger and our 2nd best center and we are only one goal behind the top seeded team in the East. If Komisarek picks up Ryder and doesn't make a brutal pass in the first period and if Price plays better we are winning this game.
You do know that the frustration is not solely because of that game. We were playing bad with Markov, Tanguay and Schneider in the lineup. We were ridiculized in Boston. We're playing better today and doing what we can, but the frustration is much more than trailing by 1 after 2 periods for this game only.

Injuries don't explain how Plekanec and Kostitysn aren't bringing it. It doesn't explain how this Lapierre line, the only build for the playoffs is so non-existant. Doesn't explain how the guy that was chosen by Gainey is not doing the job. Doesn't explain how the guy that saved your season, Halak, is not getting any chances whatsoever. Doesn't explain how Gainey is being outcoached in the first 2 games. Doesn't explain how this team looks so bad defensively. You are missing key ingredients, well play better in your own zone, work harder etc....

Sure, we can't do miracles, but we were not playing well with those guys and we sure aren't playing too well now though this game was fine so far.

Old
sheed36

Enough of this crap...Time to check out 24...Hopefully the Habs can pull off a miracle and win this one somehow....

The only positive about the Bruins sweeping the Habs is that the Bruins will have a ton of time off before round 2 so hopefully they lose their momentum and come out flat..

This series as hardly been a challenge to them and as been pretty much a walk in the park for the Bruins like I expected..Injuries to key Habs players didn't help matters either...

Bottom line though is this just plain sucks.....

Old
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Leave Price alone - he is the least of our worries!!

We have a D that is lazy (except for Gorges and Hamr) who have trouble in our own zone with coverage and getting the puck up the ice!

Our forwards have trouble getting it together because 75% of them lack any offensive skill - they look to the point almost every time to get momentum / a chance in the offensive zone!

This team is built on speed (?) and puck possession and right now, our puck possession skills suck. It would be a different team with Markov, Schneider, Lang and Tanguay in the line up.

IMHO, the more we **** on Price (aka - applause when he makes a save), the move we distance him from success and growth here in Montreal! He's not our scapegoat - a general lack of skill and proficiency in our and their zone is!!

Old
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
BeatsPerMinute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
He has all the skill in the world, but mentally he's not there.
Who? Price or Akost? For once, at least it's not Kovy.

Old
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
komisarek can be such a pylon everytime Markov is not covering him up
fixed

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I realized after game 2 what this would be, I accept what is happening, I don't love it but I accept it, there will be a major house cleaning this summer, so be it, this proud franchise has to get better, bring in some more Canadian an American players, and lets try that for awhile, Price is not ready, but neither is the team in front of him.
Excellent post.

The problems/problem players have been IDENTIFIED, and i cant WAIt for july 1st.

Old
bhuya71

this is just a theory but iam not sure because i don't remember the games from the beginning...but price started the year off awesome, same with last year...

he gets injured and sucks ass after

i see him being very weak positionally but having big saves that rely on reflexes and lateral movement....however most **** goals are because he is out of position

so i really think its rollie because price over the summer works with his dad i guess? so thats why he started on fire and slowly rollie changes him to be this....

p.s. who ever said stupid comment about partying...sigh as a youngun in mtl ( i am 19) i would party ****ing hardy

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
People are ragging on him because he's had a very underwhelming season.

Having a decent game tonight though.
That's the thing, he's underperformed this season but trying to say he's playing terrible tonight is hilarious.

Old
habdynasty

will the second or third line score a goal in this series????

Old
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
You can't give up on young players just like that. This is the strength of Detroit, they have no problem grooming their players even if they have bad seasons. Franzen had 16 points not so long ago. Hudler started of with very weak seasons. Look at the progress of their players. It takes 4 years (at least) to get a real grip of what a player is capable of, sometimes more.

Patience is the key.
Mark my words. Plekanec and the Kostitsyn brothers are gone this summer. We'll either re-sign Lang to play on the top two lines, or bring in a younger top two center, which leaves no room for Plekanec. The brothers are the new Ribeiro and Dagenais. Get them the F outta here. I'm done with them. No effort. If they were trying and giving their all and just struggling, I'd support them to no end. They are an embarrassment to the uniform.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Captain Saku

At this point even Juha Lind was better for us than A.Kost

Old
04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Captain Saku

another great pass by Komi

Old
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If you don't think Thomas's flopping and us throwing pucks at him doesn't help you ain't watching the same game.

We had open nets tonight and Kovalev has been fanning on them and we have had pucks thrown in front of the Bruins net with no one to shoot them in either...it is maybe a matter of their forwards in better position and taking advantage of one timers and turn overs, rather than a goalie like Thomas being a Hasek flopper and lucky as he is good.
That's the way Thomas always plays. Call it lucky all you want, but it's what's worked for Thomas all year. His style hasn't changed. He's just giviing his team the ability to comeback by keeping them in the game especially the onslaught Montreal had on him in the first period.

Old
Clumsyhab

Dammit, please put Breezer in there next game. Cant stand that big fat Komi anymore.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

It's absolutely amazing how many bad plays Komisarek makes....it really is.

Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
size at center!

size at center!

where are you?

jeff carter..ryan getzlaf...no andrei kosteeeetsyn!
that too but one thing at a time. Bob's still assessing the situation.

Old
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Mark my words. Plekanec and the Kostitsyn brothers are gone this summer. We'll either re-sign Lang to play on the top two lines, or bring in a younger top two center, which leaves no room for Plekanec. The brothers are the new Ribeiro and Dagenais. Get them the F outta here. I'm done with them. No effort. If they were trying and giving their all and just struggling, I'd support them to no end. They are an embarrassment to the uniform.
please let this be true

Old
Lafleurs Guy

Man,

Just can't get over the giveaways in this game. Missing Markov is bad enough, what the heck happened to Schneider?

Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
So how come no one's mentioning what a joke Lapierre and Latendresse have been this playoffs? They've been just as bad as (or worse than) the Kostitsyns and Plekanec. I know they're not out there to score as many goals, there out there to bang bodies and bring energy, and they haven't even done that. I can't even remember Latendresse throwing a hit and Lapierre's best play was getting crosschecked in the head.

Old
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Price is the problem

We could play amazing and Price will let in a weakie so all our work goes to waste

*tears streaming down my cheek as I realize the 3rd period is do or die time*
The only goal he could have stopped was Thornton's goal and he was one on 3 and still got a shot off. F'in embarrassing coverage. Price isn't at fault.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
i just dont want to get sweeped....

Closed Thread