HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team next season

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2009, 08:35 PM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Ideas on this?

Prospal - Lecavalier - St. Louis
Malone - Stamkos - Downie
- Halpern - Artyukhin
- Craig - Hall
Smolenak - Szczechura - Bochenski
Konopka - Karsums

Ranger - Meszaros
Krajicek - Smaby
Hedman ? - Lashoff
Lundin - Mihalik
Wishart - Quick

Smith
Tokarski
Ramo
McKenna
What do I think? I think that's a perfect grouping if they make games twice as long. How many lines exactly are we looking at next season?

Old
04-15-2009, 09:37 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

Karsums - Halpern - Artyukhin
Pettinger - Szczechura - Hall

ex. Craig, ???

UFAs/Trades
Ranger - Meszaros
Hedman/Lashoff/Smaby/Murphy

Smith
Ramo

NORFOLK
-------
Tokarski
McKenna

ECHL
-------
Helenius

I'm pretty sure Ramo is aheard of Tic but I think he an McKenna will split time in Norfolk with Tic probably being the slight #1 due to his youth.

Old
04-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post
Karsums - Halpern - Artyukhin
Pettinger - Szczechura - Hall

ex. Craig, ???

UFAs/Trades
Ranger - Meszaros
Hedman/Lashoff/Smaby/Murphy

Smith
Ramo

NORFOLK
-------
Tokarski
McKenna

ECHL
-------
Helenius

I'm pretty sure Ramo is aheard of Tic but I think he an McKenna will split time in Norfolk with Tic probably being the slight #1 due to his youth.
These players better be playing on the same line again. They wont ruin a good thing. If they think Vinny needs more help then they can get some. St. Louis is too important to Stamkos's developement.

Old
04-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt32 View Post
Who better to mentor MR Hedman than Bouwmeester? Would love to see J-bo in a bolts jersey, but then we would have even more of a logjam in our AHL defense than what we have now.......
Fixed that for you.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Tackleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
I think what he is trying to say is the Lightning might be able to swing a trade for a defenseman from the team that gets Bouwmeester. Not Bouwmeester himself, but a defenseman that was already on the team that now has to be moves to accomidate the massive contract Bouwmeester will likely recieve.
Yes, that is it. Koules said to watch where Boumeister ended up. That team would need to shed some cap space. Meaning possible blue liners. Koules seemed uninterested in Boumeister because of his high salary.

Sorry for the confusion.

Old
04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I watched the not epic Blues-Nucks game 3 and took special watch of Ohlund.

The playoffs are the time to unleash hell on the other team. Ohlund had plenty of opportunities to make a hit, and didn't take them, but he made sure he stayed in the guys' way to the net. He's definitely the pokecheckingest defenseman on the team.

Not earth shattering for me to find, it is his reputation, but I never get to see Vancouver play to see for myself. To his credit, he did get a PP goal.

Tocc has said the team is looking for fast, intelligent, abrasive players. Ohlund is plenty intelligent and fast, but hardly abrasive. That might not make a difference July 1, but just adding Ohlund will not immediately satisfy management's intended defensive corp model.

Old
04-20-2009, 05:42 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I watched the not epic Blues-Nucks game 3 and took special watch of Ohlund.

The playoffs are the time to unleash hell on the other team. Ohlund had plenty of opportunities to make a hit, and didn't take them, but he made sure he stayed in the guys' way to the net. He's definitely the pokecheckingest defenseman on the team.

Not earth shattering for me to find, it is his reputation, but I never get to see Vancouver play to see for myself. To his credit, he did get a PP goal.

Tocc has said the team is looking for fast, intelligent, abrasive players. Ohlund is plenty intelligent and fast, but hardly abrasive. That might not make a difference July 1, but just adding Ohlund will not immediately satisfy management's intended defensive corp model.

Agreed he strikes me as a Lundin+, or okay maybe ++, so if we did aquire him Lundin would definetly be gone, heck maybe thats how it works Lundin for his rights.

But yeah I wouldnt be for that, Lundin would be good on our bottom pairing, maybe put him with Smaby. Then we would have a pairing with puck moving, some offense (He scored 4 goals for 29 points in just 51 games) and the grit and hitting from Smaby. So in otherwords who else can we get from free agency?

Old
04-20-2009, 06:06 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post

NORFOLK
-------
Tokarski
McKenna

ECHL
-------
Helenius
McKenna has no future with this team. Helenius will be slated to start in Norfolk if Ramo is the backup here.

Old
04-20-2009, 06:16 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
McKenna has no future with this team. Helenius will be slated to start in Norfolk if Ramo is the backup here.
I could see him coming back, do you really want to go with Helenius and Tokarski as your goaltending duo in Norfolk? I mean I know they are both great goalies and have some amazing potential. But they are inexperienced.

Also what happens if Smith or Ramo are injured and one has to come up and play for a few months. I can understand Helenius getting a game or something if we are out of the race, but would you really feel comfortable with Helenius as the teams backup/getting 1 of every 4/5 games if we are in playoff contention? I know it is a big if, but after this season you can see why they might think about keeping him, injuries can affect a team badly. Or if not McKenna then a different vet goalie who could at a push play as your backup.

Old
04-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
I could see him coming back, do you really want to go with Helenius and Tokarski as your goaltending duo in Norfolk? I mean I know they are both great goalies and have some amazing potential. But they are inexperienced.

Also what happens if Smith or Ramo are injured and one has to come up and play for a few months. I can understand Helenius getting a game or something if we are out of the race, but would you really feel comfortable with Helenius as the teams backup/getting 1 of every 4/5 games if we are in playoff contention? I know it is a big if, but after this season you can see why they might think about keeping him, injuries can affect a team badly. Or if not McKenna then a different vet goalie who could at a push play as your backup.

Tokarski will be playing in the ECHL to start off, Its Norfolk's job to provide a back up for Helenius not ours. If we injury problems in Net again, I'm pretty sure who ever the backup for Norfolk will get the contract, much like Mckenna did last year.

Old
04-20-2009, 07:44 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post

Yes. Yes I do.

Helenius is ready. Tokarski is far from ready in Norfolk, really. He should be in the ECHL or WHL but i'm not sure if he was eligibility in the WHL after this year, I forget how it works. Sorry, I know everyone loves Tokarski here (myself included) but if you think for a second this kid is even ready for the AHL you are sorely mistaken.

I'm sure McKenna will be given a contract by Norfolk but thats about it. The kid is positionally sound but just doesn't have the makeup of an NHL netminder.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:33 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
I agree.

I actually really like the situation the team has in net. Its all natural progression. We finally get a legit starter in Smitty, the Ramo outgrows AHL Norfolk and is ready for the big time. At the same point Helenius i ready to take the reigns in Norfolk and Tokarki down in the E. Its perfect on paper and what every team would like to have. No do it with wingers, lol!

Old
04-20-2009, 10:43 PM
randyc

Norfolk

I really see Ramo as the backup in Tampa next season. Meanwhile in Norfolk, Helenius really played well for us and is definitely ready for another season in the AHL as the number 1. I just have the feeling that Tokarski really should start out in the ECHL. It will be the first season playing against men and in a faster game. He will also get the starts needed rather than playing every 4th or 5th game in Norfolk. McKenna would be a very good backup and could be a veteran mentor to Helenius. Although the powers that be may see the wisdom of having Tokarski in Norfolk as the backup.

Old
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Here's TSNs off-season game plan for the Lightning

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=275811

Old
04-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Mr Underhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Here's TSNs off-season game plan for the Lightning

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=275811
Interesting that whoever wrote that article said that Hedman will be able to come right in and fill one of the top four spots.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdvda View Post
Interesting that whoever wrote that article said that Hedman will be able to come right in and fill one of the top four spots.
That guy lost me when he said that Smaby is a #5-#7 defenseman.

Old
04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Mr Underhill

http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/...yoff-spot.html

This article makes it sound like Lawtons gonna trade the pick anyways so who the hell knows?

Closed Thread