HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Out of region game viewing

Old
04-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Yankee In TX

vCash: 500
Out of region game viewing

Sorry, no one seems to know this -

Since Houston is out of region, and FSO and FSD are blacked out for us (and I don't have Center Ice or NHLN) - we've been going to a hockey bar (the only one in Houston, maybe in Texas??).

I would like to change venues but would a bar - whether Comcast, AT&T, DirectTV, etc., have to have a package like Center Ice to get game 3 since the Fox Sports will be blacked out? I can't see too many sports bars down here having bought any NHL packages.

Thanks in advance!

Yankee In TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee In TX View Post

Since Houston is out of region, and FSO and FSD are blacked out for us (and I don't have Center Ice or NHLN) - we've been going to a hockey bar (the only one in Houston, maybe in Texas??).

I would like to change venues but would a bar - whether Comcast, AT&T, DirectTV, etc., have to have a package like Center Ice to get game 3 since the Fox Sports will be blacked out? I can't see too many sports bars down here having bought any NHL packages.

Thanks in advance!
You'll have to call and ask. I really don't know how the NHL works out like that.

However, as a backup, I do recommend hockeystreams.com. A donation of $20 can get you all the streams for all the playoff games through the end of the season. It may not be the same as going to a bar, and you usually get either the home feed OR the Canadian (CBS/TSN) feed (depending on the streamer), but it would guarantee the game.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 02:13 PM
cbjrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee In TX View Post

Thanks in advance!
Game 1 and 2 were blacked out on CI because they were nationally televised. Game 1 on Vs. and Game 2 on NHL Network. Tonight's game is not scheduled to be broadcast nationally, so it should not be blacked on on CI, except in the Columbus and Detroit territory.

cbjrocks is offline   Reply With Quote