HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Game 4, part 2

Old
04-21-2009, 09:04 PM

vCash: 50
I'm down with trading Lupul. Even waiving the ****er if we have to. I'm over-reacting, but he's pathetic in this series.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Cuiff

vCash: 500
The Flyers have outplayed the Pens in 3 of the 4 games but the Pens have the better Goalie

Cuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:05 PM
Totally Radivojevic

Fleury stole the game. He did everything he had to to do win. Biron did enough to lose. Two chances in the 2nd period, two goals. Most overlooked part of the Crosby sliding goal: Biron flat out missed the cross ice pass. Right by his glove. Do you think Fleury would have missed that?

Oh, and nice of Jeff Carter to show up this series. One point in four games? Seriously? He's completely invisible 75 percent of the time, and someone who has that much skill shouldn't be.

Totally Radivojevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:06 PM
bobbyacro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
I don't know if we could have played any better and still lost.

MAF was it this game.
o for 8 on the PP..... is what lost it

bobbyacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Black Ice

Quote:
You all know you have to win 4 games to win a series, right?
Copied from the last thread. Yeah, it will be hella tough but we can do. The Flyers can't give up, they were the better team tonight.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
ok, fine.
if Hartnell does that does it count?
Should. It hit off his stick, off his glove (without any motion) and into the net. That's a goal. There is absolutely no reason it should have been disallowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyacro View Post
I agree that driving the net is the way to go, but I dont see how youre allowed to Crocodile Mile into the goalie, pushing him into the net before the puck gets there. Just dont get it, maybe you can explain it to me, if youre not too busy cutting the tags off your new Crosby Jersey? (Im just playin, relax)
Well, he had a defender on his back and was snow plowing in...and the puck was past Biron before they made any real contact. You're allowed to go into the crease if you're going for the puck and he certainly wasn't trying to run Biron.

Give credit where it's due...that wasn't random or fluky. Watch some Crosby highlights...he gets a lot of goals off of plays like that.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Terence Peterman

I'm only angry because this team is so good and it's all completely nullified by John mother****ing Stevens.

No, he didn't royally screw anything up tonight, but he sure as hell did to lead us here.

It's tough not getting bounces, but it's even tougher seeing what feels like two for the Pens to every bad one we have.

In the offseason I want Jones, Lupul, and Carle gone so ****ing bad. And for some reason, I feel like just about nothing is going to happen. I wanna know who within the organization still ****ing cares about being anything more than "competitive" and "talented."

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
This team just can't score goals. I don't care how well MAF has been playing they have been in a scoring slump for about 2 months. At least I know that if the Flyers do go on to lose this series, I'm giving the Penguins a .1% chance to win the Cup. They just can't win. The only thing the Flyers have to concentrate on is the next shift, and they win on Thursday, play again on Staurday. They can't win 3 games in one.

Justified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApogeeRocket View Post
Wasn't he pathetic last season in the playoffs? I'm pretty sure the only goal he scored was the Game 7 winner against the Caps. Granted, it was a huge goal to win the game and series, but before and after that, he was invisible.
He did remarkably little aside from that goal. Stupid, stupid decision to give him that contract.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobbyacro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Copied from the last thread. Yeah, it will be hella tough but we can do. The Flyers can't give up, they were the better team tonight.
I dont wanna give up, but I dont think this team has the mental make-up to pull that off. Im in the mode where I want 2 more games, **** the pretty plays, just play hard and hurt people.

bobbyacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orange and Black

Its scary to think what this team would look like without Richards, Giroux, and Timonen.

I know Gags is a fav around here, but where has he been. He had one nice play to draw the penalty on Malkin. Other than that, what did he do tonight?

Orange and Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange and Black View Post
Its scary to think what this team would look like without Richards, Giroux, and Timonen.

I know Gags is a fav around here, but where has he been. He had one nice play to draw the penalty on Malkin. Other than that, what did he do tonight?
Got robbed by Fleury like half the rest of the team.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:10 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
MSE must be on fire with the trollls

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
carle was great today

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:11 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

at some point in their careers, someone will have to take carter and richards aside, and teach them how to take a face off

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:12 PM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I'm only angry because this team is so good and it's all completely nullified by John mother****ing Stevens.

No, he didn't royally screw anything up tonight, but he sure as hell did to lead us here.

It's tough not getting bounces, but it's even tougher seeing what feels like two for the Pens to every bad one we have.

In the offseason I want Jones, Lupul, and Carle gone so ****ing bad. And for some reason, I feel like just about nothing is going to happen. I wanna know who within the organization still ****ing cares about being anything more than "competitive" and "talented."
Completely agree. It really isn't fair of me to say this but I certainly believe it more often than not...when the Flyers win it is because of our incredible amount of talent, and when we lose...it's John Stevens. Just look at the Pens this season as an example...coaching change meant everything to them, and they don't have near the amount of talent we have IMO.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Id would deal Lupul for someone who can win a ******* faceoff.
I dont want to know what the faceoff count was tonite.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dbr2
Lockout Beard

we need an elite faceoff man.

Old
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
carle was great today
Meh, some good and some bad. He kept getting himself caught halfway on loose pucks. One of which almost led to that Fedotenko wide-shot goal.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:13 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
MSE must be on fire with the trollls

I'm watching Hang' em High right now.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrinceOfBriere View Post
Fleury stole the game. He did everything he had to to do win. Biron did enough to lose. Two chances in the 2nd period, two goals. Most overlooked part of the Crosby sliding goal: Biron flat out missed the cross ice pass. Right by his glove. Do you think Fleury would have missed that?

Oh, and nice of Jeff Carter to show up this series. One point in four games? Seriously? He's completely invisible 75 percent of the time, and someone who has that much skill shouldn't be.
You're blaming all the wrong people. I really don't know how you can justify blaming Biron for anything. Do you blame Fleury for the same exact goal Carter scored on him in game 3? Because neither goalie could see it. Have you ever played goalie before in anything more than a pickup game? It's a play where you realize what's going on and no matter how quick you do it it's just too late.

And to pinpoint the blame on Carter is just as stupid. The entire team hasn't done a damn thing. The only guys noticeable out there the whole series have been Giroux, Timonen, Coburn, and, probably much to your chagrin, Biron.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Stevens=_______________________________________

Old
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'm watching Hang' em High right now.
Ha
Never watched.

Old
DUHockey9

Wow, you guys hear Stevens comments on the Crosby goal? I'm surprised.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Mota

The flyers lost game one to the caps...and won the next 3. They won 4 straight against the habs. The caps came back after being down 3-1 to tie it...and it took OT for the flyers to stop them.

It doesnt look good...but the flyers have been the better team since game 1...the pens arent gonna keep getting bailed out of games. If they just keep playing hard...anything is possible.

I just really dont wanna see Crosby get another controversial goal to start game 5...and suck the life out of them...and they go on to lose 6-0 like last year.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote