HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME 4 ECQF|4/22/09|Boston @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD CBC-HD NESN-HD

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2009, 09:28 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
If Price plays, 3-1 habs.
Halak 5-2 ruins.
There, fixed it for you

Old
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Please win...

Old
04-22-2009, 09:47 AM
kovaless

I don't see what the big deal with that 2 out 123123423412 teams have come back from 3-0 statistic to win the series. I mean, seriously, it's not like we've never had a winning streak against the Bruins.

Ok on a serious note, I honestly believe we will win tonight. On a few conditions, Kovalev has a hat trick. Halak is in nets. Markov passed some voodoo magical enchantment to Komi,
the top 2 bruins lines suffer a bad case of the flu, we steal Thomas's stick before the game. Chara trips and cracks his left leg from an bad ice. Every Boston goal gets reviewed and denied. And, the waterboys put some bad **** in the Bruins water bottles.

There, it can happen.

Old
04-22-2009, 09:47 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
There, fixed it for you
Don't kid yourself.
Price has now lost 7 straight games this year. ALso he's lost 6 or 7 straight playoff games. He sucked for most of this season, he can't get the job done.

Old
04-22-2009, 09:48 AM
LyleOdelein

I just realized that if the Habs win tonight, they have until Saturday for some of the guys to get healthy and come back. It's a big "if", but that could change the whole dynamic of the series.

Old
04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Don't kid yourself.
Price has now lost 7 straight games this year. ALso he's lost 6 or 7 straight playoff games. He sucked for most of this season, he can't get the job done.
Get real you have been bashing him forever.
Halak is your savior, and that is your opinion.
I guess you missed Halak's less then stellar end too the season as well.

Old
04-22-2009, 09:50 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges of the Jungle View Post
I just realized that if the Habs win tonight, they have until Saturday for some of the guys to get healthy and come back. It's a big "if", but that could change the whole dynamic of the series.
For me its simple, if...IF we somehow find a way to win tonight, next game we will could very well see Tanguay, Schneider, Markov and Lang back in. That could be the start of a miracle...

Old
04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
C4KOMI

They dont even do a full practice
makes you think how
important this game is to them.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Get real you have been bashing him forever.
Halak is your savior, and that is your opinion.
I guess you missed Halak's less then stellar end too the season as well.
Halak never played near the end of the season. All the games are given to 5 goal Carey. Halak has never been given the opportuinty to get into a groove and run with this team. He had stole 4 straight games then they went back to 5 goal Carey from basically then on and we've lost 90% of those games. This team sucks with Price in net. A team feeds off the goalie and when he lets in those multiple momentum leeching routine saves every game no team has a chance to overcome that.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Shnitzel

We win 6-3!

I'm going to the game and count on me to cheer as much as I can! I don't care about the crappy season, the injuries, the darkest day in Habs history and all this... I'm a Habs fan and I'll always be!

So... GO HABS GO! WIN THIS ONE FOR YOUR FANS!

Old
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
la25ecoupe

the 100 year ends dec 4 2009.. still 8 more dark months..

Old
04-22-2009, 10:04 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
They dont even do a full practice
makes you think how
important this game is to them.
We're not going to magically come up with a gameplan overnight. The fact is we have no gameplan. We have no system. The only way we're going to win is to play 60 minutes of top-level desperation hockey - which is almost impossible to keep up for 60 minutes, which is why a system to fall back on is always a good thing.

We started game 3 like maniacs, and sustained it for about 10 minutes, and then it was same old.

And if we somehow win this game, then we have to win another 3 straight with the same strategies.

I have witnessed miracles before with this team, but this is one tall order with all circumstances considered.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:04 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
For me its simple, if...IF we somehow find a way to win tonight, next game we will could very well see Tanguay, Schneider, Markov and Lang back in. That could be the start of a miracle...
Even if we don't win the series I'd love to see at least a semblance of a comeback to save face.

I'd also love to see Lang and Markov back on the ice

Old
04-22-2009, 10:06 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
We're not going to magically come up with a gameplan overnight. The fact is we have no gameplan. We have no system. The only way we're going to win is to play 60 minutes of top-level desperation hockey - which is almost impossible to keep up for 60 minutes, which is why a system to fall back on is always a good thing.

We started game 3 like maniacs, and sustained it for about 10 minutes, and then it was same old.

And if we somehow win this game, then we have to win another 3 straight with the same strategies.

I have witnessed miracles before with this team, but this is one tall order with all circumstances considered.
Not if Tanguay, Markov, Schneider and Lang all return. People forget very easily that when this team was healthy they were one of the best in the league.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:07 AM
totalrecall

at least Kovy is going to score
Go Habs GO

Old
04-22-2009, 10:08 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Being realistic here, we dont have a shot at doing anything for the rest of the playoffs.
Just get it over with and take the 16th pick.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Bill McNeal

If anybody's interested in reading the thoughts of a C-list celeb about the series, Jay Baruchel has a blog at NHL.com. Sounds like he's taking it hard (as most fans are).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=419422

I'll always remember him as the kid from "My Home Town."

Old
04-22-2009, 10:11 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Not if Tanguay, Markov, Schneider and Lang all return. People forget very easily that when this team was healthy they were one of the best in the league.
It would still be a tall order - some of these guys haven't played an actual game in awhile and ALL of these guys haven't played TOGETHER in literally months. There will be rust even if they do come back on Saturday, in Boston, down 3 games to 1. Don't kid yourself, chances are very high that we WON'T be the Cinderella story this year.

With that out of the way, I hope we see Halak tonight. We should've seen him for Game 3. This guy must wonder to himself what the heck do I have to do to get a shot with this team? Not saying that he will be a Saviour, but he should get a shot. He's earned that much. Price to me has certainly NOT earned the #1 job this year.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Capitano

Quote:
I appreciate your optimism I was one of the few who was optimistic before the series.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:15 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Being realistic here, we dont have a shot at doing anything for the rest of the playoffs.
Just get it over with and take the 16th pick.
16th pick isn't that bad and gives us a chance to move up. We need to be positive, its supposedly a good draft year

Unfortunately I'm sure we'll draft an american defensemen who will turn pro in 6 years and end up as a bust

Old
04-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Habs

4-1 Habs!
/

Old
04-22-2009, 10:18 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
16th pick isn't that bad and gives us a chance to move up. We need to be positive, its supposedly a good draft year

Unfortunately I'm sure we'll draft an american defensemen who will turn pro in 6 years and end up as a bust
I think you are right, That is a reasonable pick. Up or even down for the right trade that befits the team the best.
I have heard the same thing about it being a pretty strong draft year.
We just need to draft some size. This team (IMHO) is too small and European and it shows.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:19 AM
fred2477

Most probably Price in net tonight

Last one to get off the ice from practice

Old
04-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
It would still be a tall order - some of these guys haven't played an actual game in awhile and ALL of these guys haven't played TOGETHER in literally months. There will be rust even if they do come back on Saturday, in Boston, down 3 games to 1. Don't kid yourself, chances are very high that we WON'T be the Cinderella story this year.

With that out of the way, I hope we see Halak tonight. We should've seen him for Game 3. This guy must wonder to himself what the heck do I have to do to get a shot with this team? Not saying that he will be a Saviour, but he should get a shot. He's earned that much. Price to me has certainly NOT earned the #1 job this year.
I feel sorry for Halak, he has been given fewer opportunities this year and performed well a lot of the time. It always seemed like whenever Price would get in a groove, he would get injuried or the flu and he would be right back to square one. Then when Halak took over he played great and then got sick himself and that was it.

I would start Jaro tonight, he deserves it, but I think Price will start again.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Markovskaya

At this point why would you play Halak man ?

Closed Thread