HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Lucic answer for his acts?

View Poll Results: Wich one?
Ulf Samuelson 24 75.00%
Cam Neely 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredi28 View Post
Aside from the two assists in game 1 and causing every last one of the Hab d-men to look over their shoulders more than once when retrieving a puck from the corner?
No more than any other player who is known for puck retrieval. You make it sounds as if Lucic is the determining factor in the series, when clearly he isn't.

Montreal is running around the ice yelling 'you wanna go?' , 'you won't push us around' and Boston is skating circles around us. Its a classic case of 'bait and switch' by Julien.

The B's are playing the game we were so good at last season, the skating game... puck posession and speed. For some reason BG has fallen into the trap Julien has set, and its brilliant on his part.

I see Thornton as 4x the factor Lucic has been, not to mention the obvious Kessel and Savard.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb231 View Post
So if Boston was down 3-0, you guys would be totally cool with someone skating around looking for Latendresse or Lapierre or Kostitsyn's face/knees?
You mean like something Kyle McLaren would do in the last minute of game when leding 5-2...On Richard Zednik maybe...

Anyways, you guys would actually do us a favor right now if you could injure the Kostitsyns or Latendresse. They're just dreadful to watch..

Last edited by 12jf54: 04-22-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
beantown bullies
LOOOOOOCH

Ok here are my thoughts on this one:

1. Will Laraque atleast ask Lucic to go tonight? If Laraque is in the lineup, yes
2. Should Lucic accept and honor "the code"? Yes
3. Should Lucic accept and honor "the code" tonight? I think it depends on the situation if they should go tonight, but ultimately don't think they will. If Bruins are up big, Lucic has another series to play and the last thing he should do is fight and risk the injury. If Canadiens are up big maybe it happens, Laraque trying to give the team even more motivation for game 5, Lucic answering the call trying to give the Bruins some motivation for game 5. If it is a close game, no way in hell they go, both teams would have to much to lose if someone gets an instigator or misconduct, plus in a close game with the series on the line, I don't see Laraque getting much ice time. The only other case I see them going tonight is real early in the game. Both guys trying to pump their team up.
4. If not tonight, then when? If not tonight or the rest of the series, definetely game 1 next season. Even as a Bruins fan and Lucic fan, I do strongly believe he has to answer the call for his actions. Much like Komisarek stepped up earlier on in the year, which I do give him alot of credit for, especially since those two fought out of pure hatred for eachother and not really from a dirty hit in the past, Lucic should step up at somepoint. The whole Lucic Laraque battle stems from last year when Laraque was with Pittsburgh and what happened in game 2 just added fuel to the fire.

I do not believe playoffs are when scores should be settled, playoff fights have such a high risk factor, especially when one player is a key to the offense. It would similar to Kostopoulos fighting when you guys are up 3-0 in a playoff series. While he might not be a huge point getter, he helps the offense out. I ultimately do see them going, but not in the playoffs. Game 1 next year is the time. Not the playoffs.

Best of luck tonight.

Old
04-22-2009, 05:46 PM
DaHabMan

nah hes not gonna do anything, he gonna listen and laugh it off and probably gonna make a gesture at the end of the game to piss montreal off. Therefore laraque should just jump him as soon as he has a chance.

Old
04-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I don't think we need to pursue this thread tonight. It's just tiresome at this point.

Closed Thread