HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If anyone blames Price for tonight

Old
04-22-2009, 07:46 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post
Why? It's clear the team isn't going to win with him. Putting Halak in might have been the shake up needed to have the team steal a win.
with the way the defense is playing the habs would lose even if Boston didn't show up

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
DirtyJeeves

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
If anyone blames Price for tonight
They're a stereotypical Habs fan.

****'s ridiculous. Any good fanbases scheduled to become UFAs this summer?

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nighthawk57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggernaut View Post
Roy.
right on,i think roy's was useless and immature too

nighthawk57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hendextall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Four goals on sixteen shots. If that was José Theodore out there you'd all be planning his lynching. Price the boy wonder can do no wrong!
Have you ever even watched hockey before? Ever wonder why the Habs never get the puck handed to them on a silver platter in the highest percentage scoring areas. Our defensive zone coverage is atrocious. No goalie in the league is going to make those saves, especially when the other team is consistently getting these top quality chances.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
Yup.. game 1, 3, 4 are the same... good effort, we're all over them in the first, don't score much due to crappy offense and not taking shots when we should. Then we run out of energy, do some awful defensive plays and don't touch the puck for the 3rd period.
Yep, but you forgot to mention that we have to take at least one bonehead penalty that hands over all the momentum we worked to build up.

A notable exception was in game 2 when we took five of them in a row.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Bob in Niagara

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpachoMan View Post
Why? It's clear the team isn't going to win with him. Putting Halak in might have been the shake up needed to have the team steal a win.
Yeah right...we would have to score some goals first....

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

It's time to rebuild not lay blame. Out with the old/weak and in with the strong/young.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
They already drove Patrick out of town and are well on their way of driving another out as well - poor, poor, poor!! Carey's state is fragile and yet his talent is the greatest positive about our future and they are treating him like this..... shameful!!

They don't even boo Chara anymore in this game and focus on Price.

I hate this frickin fickle crowd as well.

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:50 PM
davenash

I don't think that anyone in particular is to blame for the losses but even I, a big Carey Price fan, feels that there's a lot of people here overprotecting him. He deserves part of the blame.

But the reaction of the crowd is ridiculous as well.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:51 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wats0 View Post
I think the fans are allowed to show their anger at a team that hasn't been playing in these series. They paid their tickets enough to show their team that they are not satisfied with the show.

If I go see a music show and the band sucks big time and keeps on sucking for 3 more shows...I'll boo the band. It's my only way to show them that I'm unhappy with how they play.
Criss d'innocent!! We got beat by a team that will make it at the Stanley cup finale, Bruins are playing incredible hockey making us pay any little mistake.. You just cant boo a team that is working hard as hell, this is not sane, just like booing Price that way, thats cheap hypocrite.. I could understand the crowd booing our guys during the season cause they really deserved it, but when the effort is there, its disgusting, they are not real fans..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:51 PM
hendextall

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash View Post
I don't think that anyone in particular is to blame for the losses but even I, a big Carey Price fan, feels that there's a lot of people here overprotecting him. He deserves part of the blame.

Of course he deserves to share the blame. But he is nowhere near the reason we lost the series. You have to be able to score goals to even have a chance of winning.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash View Post

We all want Price to be that guy who can steal a game right now. But he's not that guy RIGHT NOW. That is not to say that he's letting in BAD goals. He's just letting in goals. Halak wouldn't be any different with this defense in front of him. Anyone who says anything else is just being blinded by a 4 game winning streak.

Price needs to grow up, but he is only 21 years old. The majority of Habs fans are simply idiotic for jeering him. Not one of the goals he let in tonight were because of HIS play. Sure, Brodeur may of stopped them, but he's Brodeur. Carey isn't... YET.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:53 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
with the way the defense is playing the habs would lose even if Boston didn't show up
.....who can argue with that - a 3-1 game with our D's inept play (oh yeah, it was Prices fault Kessel was offside!!!)

Price-bashers are idiots!!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Analyzer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
.....who can argue with that - a 3-1 game with our D's inept play (oh yeah, it was Prices fault Kessel was offside!!!)

Not really, just your fellow fans are. Huge idiots. Like, unbelievably so.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I don't blame Price, its Gainey's fault for not going with his best goalie down the stretch.
He did, Price was pimp down the stretch. Halak was the one looking shaky giving up a softy every game.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:56 PM
The Chef*

If I was Gainey I'd tell Price to get out of Montreal in the offseason until the season starts again.

The Chef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:57 PM
tooley99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post

+1
I don't want to be a habs fan anymore if you have to be an idot to be one

tooley99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:58 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Starting Price on Monday was questionable. Starting him tonight was fine.
No, it wasn't, and if I was on the fence about Gainey before, I now believe he needs to go.

Face it, the series was over after the game 3 loss. The probability that the Bruins were going to (A) sweep us, and (B) wipe the floor with us in the process, was pretty damn high. Following from that, the fans would look for a scapegoat. The anointed goaltender who's been struggling for months and is now en route to his 7th straight unimpressive playoff loss is a prime target. Gainey never should have put him in this position.

Gainey's incomprehensible stubbornness in going with Price over & over again is now giving Price a completely unnecessary raspberry treatment.

And he's out there for the third period. Un****ingbelievable.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This city is full of bandwagoners who know nothing about hockey or the NHL. They don't know the names of the players on their name, nor the ones they're playing against. They don't know what an offside is, just know how to drink beer and eat chicken wings everytime the light goes red.

I'm glad this season is ending, good riddance to all the crap fans. I hope Price mans up and doesn't react to all the taunting. Idiots shouldn't rule the world.

Oh and I'm cheering for my 2nd favorite team now, the Vancouver Canucks!

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wats0 View Post
I think the fans are allowed to show their anger at a team that hasn't been playing in these series. They paid their tickets enough to show their team that they are not satisfied with the show.

If I go see a music show and the band sucks big time and keeps on sucking for 3 more shows...I'll boo the band. It's my only way to show them that I'm unhappy with how they play.
They have the right to be angry, and they have the right to boo Price if they want to.

It doesn't change the fact that it's completely ********.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant-Gardien View Post
Because you know that all shots are created equal. Probably from your years of NHL goaltending experience, no?
I wasn't aware that there were NHLers posting here.

Did opposing players get better sticks on christmas eve, or new super-pucks? Because since then Price has been very very mediocre. The defense isn't blameless, and the bruins are a good team, but there is NO DENYING that Price is a very young, very mentally fragile goalie. I feel that by refusing to see that he isn't the goalie that gives us the better chance to win, Gainey has flushed our season away. Cary Price, as talented as he may be, was NOT put in a position to help himself, and may have been irreparably damaged.

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Agreed !! It's Bob Gainey's fault for what's happening this year !! his 5 year plan is a total failure, add to that countless mistakes and you got what we see now...

On top of that, Ryder wasn't good enough to play for us ?!

Gainey, I HOPE YOU GET THE ***** OUT !!!

Pathetic ****in post !!

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
LoonieDeals
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
I don't blame Price, its Gainey's fault for not going with his best goalie down the stretch.
This is indeed true!

LoonieDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
yukoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendextall View Post
Have you ever even watched hockey before? Ever wonder why the Habs never get the puck handed to them on a silver platter in the highest percentage scoring areas. Our defensive zone coverage is atrocious. No goalie in the league is going to make those saves, especially when the other team is consistently getting these top quality chances.

WHat a load of ****... how many softies has he let in this series?? I don't think anyone is complaining about the unstoppable shots, it's the ones from 20ft out with no screen, over and over.

How can you not blame Price? The team is playing hard, but everytime we sieze a tiny bit of momentum, Price lets in a softy to kill it.

Not the kids fault, he didn't ask for this job, but if we're dishing out blame he's the #1 candidate, just like the Philly series last year...

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Laps40

Blame Price...maybe not for this game but he has been a good goalie in this series. Anyway, he still has potential but i don't think he should be our #1 goalie next season

Thanks for the season....NOT

Laps40 is offline   Reply With Quote