HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Do we resign Komisarek this off season?

View Poll Results: Do we resign Komisarek this off season?
Yes, keep Komi a Hab 119 84.40%
No, better cheaper options out there 22 15.60%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Stiffler

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
I always hoped he could drop the gloves with Lucic once more and give him a beating to find his game again. He did it and got knocked out with ONE punch... Now that we have to sign him long term, I really wonder if he will ever be the same player! Plays terribly without Markov, is no longer physical, cannot get a decent shot from the point to save his life and does not fight anymore? Doesn't look good. If he leaves, I predict the Islanders will make him and Higgins offers they cannot refuse.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Dave ''11 total NHL game'' Morissette
Don "ONE GAME" Cherry !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

francois beauchemin anyone

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
habdynasty

Komi will turn into a solid player when he leaves Montreal, just like all the others

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM
teddygmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
I always hoped he could drop the gloves with Lucic once more and give him a beating to find his game again. He did it and got knocked out with ONE punch... Now that we have to sign him long term, I really wonder if he will ever be the same player! Plays terribly without Markov, is no longer physical, cannot get a decent shot from the point to save his life and does not fight anymore? Doesn't look good. If he leaves, I predict the Islanders will make him and Higgins offers they cannot refuse.
Ya, I havent seen a fight that one sided in a long time. That was a heck of a punch!

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Jiggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Komi will turn into a solid player when he leaves Montreal, just like all the others
I wonder why....

Jiggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:26 PM
bigmcbob

I would not pay komi the 4-5 million he will be asking for. He is over-rated in my opinion. That is money that can be better spent elsewhere!

bigmcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:31 PM
TheCH*

We'll definitely try to sign him. I think he'll hit the market and cash in somewhere else though.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
I wouldn't give him 5 ****ing dollars

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Magic33

You know, its very possible we offer him 5 million and he doesnt sign. Everyone acts like he's ours if we want him. Maybe he is fed up of mtl and wants to sign somewhere else.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
eightyseven

It would be a mistake to sign him or $5 million. Komi = Mike Commodore. Similar to Brooks Oprik but Oprik is slightly better. Anything over $3.5 million is too much. Even $3.5 million is a lot when you think about it. He brings virtually no offence, no hockey IQ and when he's frustrated, he's a dirty player.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:15 PM
znk

anythinig more then $3M that guy can walk. Fawk...more then $2.5M walk. He's totally one dimensional. Was never able to control the puck with any kind of confidence and cant make a break out pass to save his life.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Stradale

I want him back at the right price, unless we can land Bouwmeester..

Guys, we need size and grit in D. We had Rivet. Out. We had Souray. Out. We have Komisarek, and we want them out? This team is getting softer every year. Komisarek had a bad season and everybody wants to kick him out......... Damn..

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:20 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
You know, its very possible we offer him 5 million and he doesnt sign. Everyone acts like he's ours if we want him. Maybe he is fed up of mtl and wants to sign somewhere else.
The way he really wanted to stay behind the bench when he was injured indicates otherwise IMO. Then again, he could just be a big ***** and now that we've lost some games, wants out. You never know.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Habsolutely

Komisarek

So I read some things in here yesterday and it kept buzzing in my head...
Something along the lines of "he spoke in the past tense about the habs" and "he won't be back next year"...

I tried to find the interview but I found nothing...

If he really intends to go elsewhere, it's sad
I love the guy, he has heart, earned his "A" and we were talking about him as the next captain of this team.

I wish Gainey was reviewing "some" contracts during the season, he would've been re-signed by now and we wouldn't be worrying about him going elsewhere in the off-season.

By the way, we all know he didn't have a great season as a defenseman, so this is not the thread the bash him, but to discuss his (hopefully) future with us...or lack thereof.

Habsolutely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:08 AM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolutely View Post
So I read some things in here yesterday and it kept buzzing in my head...
Something along the lines of "he spoke in the past tense about the habs" and "he won't be back next year"...

I tried to find the interview but I found nothing...

If he really intends to go elsewhere, it's sad
I love the guy, he has heart, earned his "A" and we were talking about him as the next captain of this team.

I wish Gainey was reviewing "some" contracts during the season, he would've been re-signed by now and we wouldn't be worrying about him going elsewhere in the off-season.

By the way, we all know he didn't have a great season as a defenseman, so this is not the thread the bash him, but to discuss his (hopefully) future with us...or lack thereof.
If gainey would have tried to sign komisarek during the season the price would have been a lot higher then it is right now!

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Doctor House

I'm sure some team will give him a ridiculous contract and judging by his reaction to the media this week he's done as a Hab.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
I'm sure some team will give him a ridiculous contract and judging by his reaction to the media this week he's done as a Hab.
You're right !

He won't be back. He's gonna get a fat contract somewhere else... And he won't miss Montreal, its medias and Quebec taxes a bit !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
The problem is that there is no immediate replacement for Komo in our system. Sure we can get Emelin or any other first year player, but we can't expect them to fill Komo's shoes completely.

If we can get Beauchemin then we should let Komo walk because he's cheaper, and even brings more offense.

Problem is, there are no guarantees that Beauchemin will come here, and if we don't get Komo back then that's a pretty big hole we need to fill.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote