HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4|Crush the Orange|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Philadelphia Flyers| The Wach 7:15 PM

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Cliff O Malley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
The goalie is part of the team, you know. They don't flip for goalies at the beginning of the game or anything. It was lucky that the night the team chooses to play zero defense was the same night Fleury decides to be a brick wall, but it's not like the Pens didn't draft him, sign him, and then sign him again.
What in the hell are you talking about?

Old
04-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Pens1566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I saw it. It looked very civil. In fact, it almost looked like the fans were asking Sid for a stick or autograph or something, and he was shrugging his shoulders. Maybe Sid was just being coy in dissing a trash-talker. Either way, it didn't seem like much.
I'm guessing it was more along the lines of "see you next year".

Old
04-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydadx2 View Post
Motor oil? Wow. What's the best one to use for this...synthetic? 10W30?
Just ask the experts.

Old
04-22-2009, 09:59 AM
moonknight31

it was definately a close game and even though some luck was involved there is always some luck involved in everything in sports, we still went out there and won so idk why some teams never give any credit to the other team

Old
04-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboostking View Post
What in the hell are you talking about?
You said the Flyers were the better team last night. That only makes sense if the goalie isn't part of the team. Fleury was better than both teams out there. He's part of the Penguins.

You said the Pens were lucky to win. That only makes sense in a very indirect way. They were lucky Fleury chose this game to have the game he had.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
You said the Flyers were the better team last night. That only makes sense if the goalie isn't part of the team. Fleury was better than both teams out there. He's part of the Penguins.

You said the Pens were lucky to win. That only makes sense in a very indirect way. They were lucky Fleury chose this game to have the game he had.
Whatever

Old
04-22-2009, 11:17 AM
angelgirl77

Quote:
Well we did get extremely lucky last night, and last night the Flyers were a much better team overall. post like this serve no purpose but to bait trolls. I really wish we would stop this kind of silliness and try to reach higher standards of class and objectivity.
oh boo freaking hoo...forgive me for having a little fun.

I really wish that we could all stop having giant sticks up our as*es and would just relax.

I shouldn't be ostracized on the pens board for saying what I think...its not like I went over to theirs and posted something.

Luck, I think not...Fluery was spectacular.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:18 AM
angelgirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonknight31 View Post
it was definately a close game and even though some luck was involved there is always some luck involved in everything in sports, we still went out there and won so idk why some teams never give any credit to the other team
exactly...case in point..they whooped are butts on Sunday...but we got them back.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:21 AM
FlightlessBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislephive View Post
Anybody see Crosby mouthing off to some of the Flyers fans right when the buzzer sounded? Great stuff. I wish I could hear what was said.
Found Youtube:

Old
04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Well we did get extremely lucky last night, and last night the Flyers were a much better team overall. post like this serve no purpose but to bait trolls. I really wish we would stop this kind of silliness and try to reach higher standards of class and objectivity.
I think you're overreacting a tad.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgirl77 View Post
exactly...case in point..they whooped are butts on Sunday...but we got them back.
I do not know about that. The first period of game three we outplayed Philly by a good margin despite the scoreboard, and their first two goals were about as lucky as our first two last night and each put the team behind the eight ball. We fought back once, but then got buried with them only outplaying us the second half of the game when we were fighting to come back. Last night Fleury indeed stand on his head but we played a pretty conservative game on the road where they have the last line change (what a change is that from Therrien, having an actual gameplan, eh?) and it worked. I would not confuse conservative with outplayed though, far from it. We played a great game last night.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Cliff O Malley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
I think you're overreacting a tad.
Possibly. But calling them the "criers" and telling them to suck the proverbial "it" just brings down our collective IQ's.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Pens1566

I'd like to mention that the tears of flyers fans taste like sweet sweet honey.

Old
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
angelgirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
I do not know about that. The first period of game three we outplayed Philly by a good margin despite the scoreboard, and their first two goals were about as lucky as our first two last night and each put the team behind the eight ball. We fought back once, but then got buried with them only outplaying us the second half of the game when we were fighting to come back. Last night Fleury indeed stand on his head but we played a pretty conservative game on the road where they have the last line change (what a change is that from Therrien, having an actual gameplan, eh?) and it worked. I would not confuse conservative with outplayed though, far from it. We played a great game last night.
thats true. I did think that they were going to "come back" and beat them in the third period as they have so many times in the past. That was such an aggravating game...

My whole point was, that most pens fans (like myself) are not sore losers. You can't say that about the philly crowd.

Old
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:

If you watched the Flyers/Habs series from last year's playoffs, you would have seen the Habs pretty much outplay Philly in all five games, yet the Flyers won the series 4-1. Montreal was the better team, but Biron stole the series for the Flyers.

The better team can still lose (not that I'm arguing about any specific game this series).

Old
04-22-2009, 07:11 PM
PenguinGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
If you watched the Flyers/Habs series from last year's playoffs, you would have seen the Habs pretty much outplay Philly in all five games, yet the Flyers won the series 4-1. Montreal was the better team, but Biron stole the series for the Flyers.

The better team can still lose (not that I'm arguing about any specific game this series).
You know I did watch a few games in that series, and it looked like everything went into Biron's logo, or they tried to be too precise and they shot wide or off the post. Either the Habs folded under the pressure or Biron was in their heads.

There is little danger of either happening to the Penguins. There isn't a goalie they can't solve, and this core has thrived on pressure for years.

Biron is a good goalie, I just don't think he is good enough to ever win a Cup as the #1 guy.

Old
04-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Darth Sidious*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post

Ambrosia.

Old
04-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDeriMISSILE View Post
"It's a dangerous play when you're kicking the puck around the crease for the goalie. It's a dangerous play when you're sliding in both feet first toward the goalie," Biron said. "I don't really like that. It's not the first time where he's done that and drives the net."

What a tool. It's dangerous when your d-man lets Sid gallop past him towards the net. Maybe you should take it up with him?
It was Gagne that got beat, and he would've had to take a penalty to stop Corsby so i don't mind it. Biron should've caught it before it got to Crosby. If you hear the whole interview he goes on to say, and I am paraphrasing, that they (the Flyers) have had goals like that this year and it happens so whatever.

Old
04-22-2009, 07:32 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
I like to put them on my Bettman Pancakes. "What are those?" I hear Flyer fans ask. Well, let drunk Uncle Chitown tell you. These are pancakes made in the shape of a Penguin, stuffed with dollar bills we steal from other teams due to the revenue sharing, and smothered in Flyer tears and strawberries.

And on the side, I have my Secondary Assist Hash Browns! I always get an order of them, whether or not I asked for 'em.

Old
04-22-2009, 07:42 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

I agree with DPR, though, and I maintained that stance last year when everyone kept talking about how badly the Pens got outplayed in Game 5 in Detroit.

The goaltender is a part of the team. In fact, he's the singular most important part of it. Just because the skaters don't play well doesn't mean the team has to be outplayed.

Usually, the way I interpret it, the winning team is the better team.

Old
04-22-2009, 08:42 PM
Pick87your71Poison

Looking like the winner of this series will play the winner of the NJ/Car series.

Old
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Reverse Homer

Send a message via AIM to Super Reverse Homer Send a message via MSN to Super Reverse Homer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Usually, the way I interpret it, the winning team is the better team.
Years of watching sports, be it hockey or football or soccer, teach me that this is very far from the truth.

The winning team is often the inferior team. "Better" implies a judgmental call on performance. Winning is an end result. A team does not necessarily have to perform in a superior way than the other team to achieve a win. Look at some of the Pens wins earlier in November.

To say that the winning team is always the better team = taking luck completely out of the equation. And you and I both know that this is impossible to do. Luck is always accounted for.

Game 4 was a lucky bounce or 2 away from another loss for us. Watching the replay of the game it was obvious that we got outplayed in many facets of the game.

Closed Thread