HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thomas signs 4-Year/$20M Deal with B's; Implications on Flyers' Off-Season

Old
04-22-2009, 08:52 PM
Orange Crush 89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
He's made some nice plays since coming back from injury, but all too often he gets pushed around like a little girl. We're a better team if we can trade him and his huge salary.
You put it better than me, but that's been my biggest beef with him; he has ZERO strength on the puck.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
mm6492

Briere does not fit Stevens dumpo and chase system really. He needs a system like what he ran in Buffalo, much faster paced, less defensive liabilities.

I like Briere but it would be ncie to have that cap space, especially with how Giroux has been playing

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:50 PM
hockeydadx2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Oh, sending Lupul out is my highest armchair GM priority.
Why would anybody take on Lupul and his salary? You'd probably have to take salary back to get anybody to take him off your hands. No way his salary goes away scot-free at his level of production. Same with Briere. I think you are stuck with these guys.

hockeydadx2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:51 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydadx2 View Post
Why would anybody take on Lupul and his salary? You'd probably have to take salary back to get anybody to take him off your hands. No way his salary goes away scot-free at his level of production.
Someone who misses out in free agency may be interested.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:51 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Someone who misses out in free agency may be interested.
or someone that cant sign FA like Edm or Atl. Atl trade makes the most sense. They get a player to keep kovulchuk happy and increase their level to sign guys to make a team, and we get a goalie for close to the same salary.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
or someone that cant sign FA like Edm or Atl. Atl trade makes the most sense. They get a player to keep kovulchuk happy and increase their level to sign guys to make a team, and we get a goalie for close to the same salary.
Remember, Briere has a NTC/NMC. Why the hell would he waive it to go to the hockey purgatory that is Atlanta? Then again, I'm sure the prospect of playing with Kovalchuk would make any center happy. Still, I'd be shocked if he agreed to it (he also has his family to think about).

Who knows, maybe he'd welcome a fresh start in Edmonton? Of course, the question is, would the Oilers even have any interest in him? I doubt we'd be able to get the best of value for him, given the fact that it would very much be a salary dump. Still, someone like Brodziak would look nice in a Flyers jersey, and could very easily immediately step in as our third or fourth line center. A defensive prospect like Peckham could also be part of the deal.

Last edited by Amateur Hour: 04-23-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Remember, Briere has a NTC/NMC. Why the hell would he waive it to go to the hockey purgatory that is Atlanta? Then again, I'm sure the prospect of playing with Kovalchuk would make any center happy. Still, I'd be shocked if he agreed to it (he also has his family to think about).

Who knows, maybe he'd welcome a fresh start in Edmonton? Of course, the question is, would the Oilers even have any interest in him? I doubt we'd be able to get the best of value for him, given the fact that it would very much be a salary dump. Still, someone like Brodziak would look nice in a Flyers jersey, and could very easily immediately step in as our third or fourth line center. A defensive prospect like Peckham could also be part of the deal.
I don't think the Oilers would touch him. They need to get bigger at centre.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote