HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rejean Tremblay: "Habs forced Bouillon to play hurt"

Old
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Catch-22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Did anyone hear what Rejean Treamblay said on 110% and on La Presse? He basically said that Habs forced Bouillon to play and should give him a contract to compensate. He also compare his case to some other professional athlete who sued his team for letting him played injured. He's also the same guy who said that Markov is not that injured and should have played. Seriously, I cannot stand that big old fart. I thought JC Lajoie was the worst of the fatasses french journalists, but I guess I'm wrong.

P.S. Is it just me or every time I see his face on TV, I justwant to give him a "Bertuzzi"?
Naturally, Tanguay is exempt from criticism even though he has shown that he can play!

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Mad Habber

If you're going to force someone to play, shouldn't it be someone that will make a difference. Markov, Schneider, Tanguay.

You can throw in O'Byrne or Brisebois in the place of Bouillon and the drop off isn't that great. He's better than both but not that much better.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

But we will not know Gainey's response 'cause he doesn't respond to anything. And Tremblay doesn't have the balls to be at a press conference to ask him.

I just love how he keeps blaming the org. for anything but never ask any questions....talk about a low life *******.

Somebody should spill a rumor about him on the net.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Joe Cole

And Rejeunne knows this because..... he spends so much time talking with ALL the players and management of the Habs? Watches all the practices, follows the team on the road, has a network of varied contacts all around the league?

No?

Didn't think so.

More BS from the Master of Mudslinging himself.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Gilles Tremblay

I don't get HFBoard's epidermic reaction to some french media reporters. In this case, it seems like Tremblay's point makes sense. Bouillon, an UFA, did not skate, did not practice with the team before being called by Gainey. Bouillon has some responsability for accepting the call, but Gainey must have had an inkling Bouillon would be the kind of guy willing to sacrifice himself unselfishly for the team's interest. Bouillon was in a tough spot to say no to Gainey, the guy who went back to the ice after having his shoulder separated. Not a very responsible move by Gainey.

Also, I detest Francois Gagnon's writing. He seems to have a good head for hockey and he does an OK job on TV, but his writing is just so mediocre. He always uses the same tired, boring figures of style, uses so many superfluous empty words in his one-sentences paragraphs without rythm, so much so that I'm suprised that La Presse relies on this guy to principally cover the activities of the Habs. His articles in the paper are editied by professional proofreaders so they read a little more easily, but his blog is atrocious, and on top of that he files his articles way later than most other media outlets. Plus, he's always condescending to readers and fans and has one thick, annoying ego.

Gilles Tremblay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
CarrePrisme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I'd be more inclined towards that view if that saturation included a proportionate number of analytical journalists... right now, after Mathias Brunet and Dany Dubé, the pickings are fairly slim. There are a few other decent guys but they get buried under the far more numerous -- or at least far louder -- polemists.
Have you read or watch the news recently? Real journalists are ridiculously outnumbered by what you called by polemists. People who have no business writing in a paper or hosting a news show but do anyway because they sell because they are already famous and/or stir the pot.

Journalists are expensive. Hiring a few loudmouths who crave for an opportunity to share their opinion anyway is a lot cheaper and it sells a lot better too.

I think that profession is dying with the advent of the internet and those are the first symptoms. Not necessarily a bad thing IMO.

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:18 PM
mrCoffea*

Oh yeah, out of all these players, let's rush out and sign Bouillon...

Man, they really are desperate for french players on this team, what a joke

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
****ing Gainey, he forced the wrong guy to play. Shouldn't you force your best player ?
haha that made my day. good one mcphee!

Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:01 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He's hit-or-miss. He's usually pretty good except for being a homer Sens fan (and sometimes it shows) but he occasionally goes tilt and starts going snide on the org for several weeks, generally when it does something he really doesn't approve of and takes personally. It's happened twice that I recall, once when the Habs decided to trade Theodore and now when they fired Carbonneau; I think he took both moves very personally and while he's good enough not to rant about it, there was a definite attitude change for several weeks in both instances, at least in his blog.

Then again, it's a blog, so it shouldn't be held to the same standard. It does, however, make you wonder about the number of journalists covering the Habs who call themselves fans of other teams.

I'd be more inclined towards that view if that saturation included a proportionate number of analytical journalists... right now, after Mathias Brunet and Dany Dubé, the pickings are fairly slim. There are a few other decent guys but they get buried under the far more numerous -- or at least far louder -- polemists.

Pierre McGuire has his failings, but at least he will talk about the matchup game, which is a key coaching issue -- how many journalists will do the same? How many even mention matchups and how well lines stack up? There's way too much talk about effort, passion, and off-ice stuff and not enough about tactics, execution, and matchups, and the latter will have far, FAR more impact on hockey games than the former.

Dany DID question Habs' decision about Bouillon. And he DID criticize Gainey for his coaching.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:52 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Dany DID question Habs' decision about Bouillon. And he DID criticize Gainey for his coaching.
He's within his rights to do so. I don't always agree with Dube and there are things Gainey has done that I don't agree with.

I don't think that he forced Bouillon to play hurt.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote