HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

komisarek vs lucic round 2

Old
04-22-2009, 11:46 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
If I'm Komisarek I forget about Lucic and I learn to ****ing play hockey again.

For the life of me, Lucic's effectiveness is 50% his own assertiveness and 50% the team falling right into the gameplan.
I hope he doesn't become a Hatcher .

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:09 AM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
What was he thinking? Lucic fought 85 times in his hockey career vs 24 for Komisarek. Lucic is probably also boxing in the off-season. Of course he's gonna kick his ass.
FYI. Lucic keeps in shape in the off season by boxing

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Colt.45Orr

Nice to see Lucic ease up on Komisarek when he had him dead-to-rights. I thought that Lucic hated him so much that he would keep firing away, but it was nice to see he is growing up and showing restraint.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:28 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Komisarek took one shot to the jaw and it was over. I hope he goes and signs with the Islanders the bum that he is.
wow what a post! wow...just wow!

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:31 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
That was a classy move by Komisarek to cross check Lucic in the face. I hope Komisarek bolts to the Islanders. I don't want to see him in a Habs uniform.
we got the point the first time...welcome to IL

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:47 AM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Komisarek took one shot to the jaw and it was over. I hope he goes and signs with the Islanders the bum that he is.
He was actually punched in the eye, which was bruised because of puck deflection.

Lucic like a ***** went after it. What happened to the days where, you come into my house and you are going to leave bruised and battered...

I really wished BGL would have scrapped someone.

The fact that there was no effort in anything makes me wanna hurl.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:36 AM
WeezyHabFan

I like Komisarek. No love for the poor guy on this thread, granted the man needs to concentrate on the game rather than letting Lucic get under his skin (no matter what he said in the interview about it being "only business" he lets Lucic under his skin). The man can throw some hay makers himself, but it's a shame Lucic is better at it, one sided fight and it was saddening to watch. Should never really fight in the playoffs especially when your facing elimination and your team is down... I hope he re-signs with us, he's young and has a bright future ahead of him.

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:45 AM
snakeye

20 bucks says he'll take fighting lessons during the off-season, instead of that girly yoga chit, which obviously didn't do him nor Higgins any good.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:45 AM
suprez

I understand Komisarek frustration . But let's just it flow away Komi.Lucic he's a 20-21 years old and yet he's winning the psycho with you.Just ignore him.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:50 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8komisarek8 View Post
what did u guys think about the "fight"........
Glad Komi went after Lucic...at least he showed some heart. Somethiing many of our small Euros on the team are lacking

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:57 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Glad Komi went after Lucic...at least he showed some heart. Somethiing many of our small Euros on the team are lacking
So when you're a small Euro and don't mess with someone bigger that can rip you into pieces, you don't have heart?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:08 AM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
The Islanders have a worse future than Montreal. Their arena sucks, their fanbase is abysmal, their owner and GM are CRAZY. If he signs in Long Island, then it just shows he's all about the $$, not about winning. Like Streit.
And Sundin.

Respect Your Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:10 AM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
So when you're a small Euro and don't mess with someone bigger that can rip you into pieces, you don't have heart?
If the Kostitsyns, Hamrliks had Koivus heart this team would be totallyl different. We are a small team with little heart who don't score.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:21 AM
smack66

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
++++++1. Hate myself for saying it because I don't like cheap shots but if there was one guy who deserved it, it was Lurch. The guy is a cheap shot artist. I was happy Komisarek got him.

stay classy....

smack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:22 AM
albertabound

Komi couldn't beat him with the fist so he used his stick -dirty on Komi 's part and also a chicken sh__ move for Komi.

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Turboflex*

Komi is strong but needs to learn how to fight before he goes up against a pro (Lucic takes boxing lessons and has 5 times as much fighting experience). I'm not one of these hockeyfights.com guys but even I can tell it was amateur hour there for Komisarek and he was destroyed by the guy who knows what he's doing. One move even I know, when you're grappling the guy you gotta be pinning his right shoulder, I havent seen the replay but either Komi wasn't doing it well or he was just holding some irrelevant part of Lucic because Lucic had no trouble swinging that right which was a bit of a sucker punch but still Komi was doing nothing to block it.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:

What fight??? Lucic dropped his gloves first and suckered Komisarek once....then that was it. Why do you think Komisarek went after him later on and tried to take his head off with a stick??? If Lucic would square off with Komi like a real man instead of trying to sucker someone with their gloves still on....then it might be different.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Wake the **** up people, Komisarek didn't look capable of playing hockey let alone fight...

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
There's a good picture from the fight in this article:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...with_one_blow/

I don't know how to post pics, otherwise I'd put it up.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
JV

For the time being fighting is a part of the game, even in the the play-offs.

The Komisarek situation raises some questions. If you're big like MK and play a physical game and do your share of yapping after the whistle, do you have to be able to drop the gloves to back it up once in a while? To me, it's a no-brainer. It's not that he has to be a true heavyweight (even Lucic isn't), but he's got to be able to stand in there without getting torched or injured or both. I mean, Craig Rivet wouldn't be worried about dropping the mitts and going with Lucic, and he'd probably be able to hold his own.

I think if MK wants to be a top 3 d-man who plays rough, he's going to need to learn how to handle himself a lot better than he does now.

JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomiGr8 View Post
++++++1. Hate myself for saying it because I don't like cheap shots but if there was one guy who deserved it, it was Lurch. The guy is a cheap shot artist. I was happy Komisarek got him.
Ironic given how hab fans were screaming for a suspension (rightly so) when Lucic threw his crosscheck in Game 2.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
JL17

I thought it was bad timing consider the sereis was over....Komi had nothing to prove but only made himself look like an idiot...One punch and done. Lucic did his job and made Komi look bad at least twice this year probably more.

Komisarek didn't do much and I was disappointed in his play. I hope he signs else where.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Fozz

I'm glad for Komisarek that Lucic (who obviously didn't want any part of that fight) was classy enough to stop after that one direct hit. He could have made poor Komi look real bad but chose not to. On the other hand, the cross check to the face was totally uncalled for.

Definitely a frustrating season all around for Komisarek vs Lucic. I think he might end up signing with the Bruins just so he doesn't have to play against him in the future.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Ironic given how hab fans were screaming for a suspension (rightly so) when Lucic threw his crosscheck in Game 2.
If anyone deserved to be crosschecked in the face it is Lucic. Karma's a ***** huh?

Still no one will be surprised if Komisarek is suspended at beginning of next season.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:39 AM
habfan4

Forget Lucic, he's Sideshow Bob for **** sake. Ryder, Krejci, Kessel, Savard and Chara are the players who made the difference in this series, not the second rate stooge who thinks he's resurrected the Cam Neely v Ulf Samuelsson feud with Komisarek.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote