HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs could have picked up Beauchemin back

Closed Thread

Old
09-18-2004, 08:27 AM
keemo905

vCash: 500
Habs could have picked up Beauchemin back

A friend of mine is the equipment manager for the Bulldogs and we were talking about the reasons why Mtl had to waive Beauchemin and he told me that the Habs had until midnight last night to get him back from Columbus and they didn't do it....

With such a thin blue line in Hamilton it would have been a good idea to get him back - i think anyways- and play him with Komi on the first pairing. My frind told me that after Komi, blueliners are weak; even Archer, from whom I've heard good things, appears to be slow and probably will never make it to the bigs. After that we have Plante and Coté that would be better suited as 5th and 6th defensemen.

I just don't get it... We have the chance to get him back and we don't... I just don't get it.

Old
09-18-2004, 08:35 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905
A friend of mine is the equipment manager for the Bulldogs and we were talking about the reasons why Mtl had to waive Beauchemin and he told me that the Habs had until midnight last night to get him back from Columbus and they didn't do it....

With such a thin blue line in Hamilton it would have been a good idea to get him back - i think anyways- and play him with Komi on the first pairing. My frind told me that after Komi, blueliners are weak; even Archer, from whom I've heard good things, appears to be slow and probably will never make it to the bigs. After that we have Plante and Coté that would be better suited as 5th and 6th defensemen.

I just don't get it... We have the chance to get him back and we don't... I just don't get it.
Just trust in BG and everything will work out...

Old
09-18-2004, 09:00 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Eventually you won't be able to trust your GM, but that is probably years away...

Old
09-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

So does that mean Columbus has assigned him to Syracuse, I take it? That, at least, is a relief, and probably a really big relief for Beauchemin.

Old
09-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
After that we have Plante and Coté that would be better suited as 5th and 6th defensemen.
Wasn't Cote the leading D with the dogs last year in +/-? He don't really have an offensive game, but he is a fair prospect. I agree that we could have beneficed from Beauchemin, but I'm not ready to throw the towel just yet.
Quote:
There are many things we don't know. What if Beauchemin wanted a long term contract with the habs, something BG did not want to give him because he knew he wouldn't make it in the pro? What if Beauchemin asked to be traded to a team where he has better chance of making it (like Colombus)?

It's sucks, but in the end Beauchemin wasn't really in our plan anyways. Our D in getting increasingly younger with addition and substraction, and even with our current lack of depth in the farm I don't feel we're in bad shape.

Old
09-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Marchy79

Quote:

I think it was a management decision to allow Beauchemin to leave. This was a guy who was still waiting for a sniff at the NHL level, and it is evident that with Beauchemin, we have more d-men than we actually needed... Souray, Markov, Hainsey, Bouillon, Komisarek, Rivet and Brisebois are all ahead of him in the depth chart... How long can we stall Beauchemin's career without harming him? I mean, yes there's no NHL hockey right now, but he had very little chance to crack through those 7... and even if one were to leave, he would be in a dogfight trying to beat out younger prospects out of a job (Cote, and several Euro's, not to even mention Archer or O'Byrne...)

I was really hoping that management would have kept him around as the #7 d-man and waive Bouillon... Beauchemin has something like 4 years of growing before he is Bouillon's age, I thought he could be a good piece of a future here... I guess they decided Bubbles was (and I can say I don't mind that now that the controversy (though there was none) is over). Bouillon has a tonne of heart, and out of a future spare, I can't ask for too much more, although he adds toughness, and speed... Not to mention a certain amount of offensive awareness...

Old
09-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
IMO, I think some prospects like Korneev and Korpikari are more ready then we can think. I think that is why they let Beauchemin goes...

Old
09-18-2004, 12:23 PM
RE-HABS

There may be a lack of depth on D in Hamilton, but as a whole there is a ton of younger guys with better talents and more NHL potential than Beachemin, plys too many his own age or close to it are on the Habs or ahead of him in the organizational chart.

Strictly an ownership move, plus it allows the Habs to have a younger Dman like Flood play with the Bulldogs to develop, obviously management feels Beachemin has reached his max potential in development and don't see him in their future.

If anything it is a class move by the Habs to let him go and be on a club like the Jackets where he will get a better opportunity in acheiveing his NHL dream.

Old
09-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11
Just trust in BG and everything will work out...
....euh, wasn't what was said in Dallas a few years ago?

GMs can make errors, and I find it sad that Hainsey lost someone who would have bring competition to him at the NHL level.

Old
09-19-2004, 04:25 PM
ljg65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe
Wasn't Cote the leading D with the dogs last year in +/-? He don't really have an offensive game, but he is a fair prospect. I agree that we could have beneficed from Beauchemin, but I'm not ready to throw the towel just yet.

There are many things we don't know. What if Beauchemin wanted a long term contract with the habs, something BG did not want to give him because he knew he wouldn't make it in the pro? What if Beauchemin asked to be traded to a team where he has better chance of making it (like Colombus)?

It's sucks, but in the end Beauchemin wasn't really in our plan anyways. Our D in getting increasingly younger with addition and substraction, and even with our current lack of depth in the farm I don't feel we're in bad shape.

I saw Beauchemin play down here in St. John's last year against the baby leafs and he didn't seem tough enough to me. Got pushed around a lot.

Old
09-19-2004, 04:34 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan
IMO, I think some prospects like Korneev and Korpikari are more ready then we can think. I think that is why they let Beauchemin goes...
Korneev and Korpikaki? Come on, it's a little bit too far.

Closed Thread