HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets Gooo!!!!!

Old
04-22-2009, 10:51 PM
bodangleroo28

vCash: 500
Lets Gooo!!!!!

This thread is for anyone who still believes we can do it and if anyone in here says anything negative ill KILL you. I BELIEVE!!!! And we still have a great looking future

bodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:57 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer6 View Post
This thread is for anyone who still believes we can do it and if anyone in here says anything negative ill KILL you. I BELIEVE!!!! And we still have a great looking future
Be like some Bulls on Parade and show the Penguins how things are done!

GO FLYERS!

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 04-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:59 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
I was really excited about this thread, then you HAD to post R kelly.

Ugh

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:03 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I was really excited about this thread, then you HAD to post R kelly.

Ugh
Lol I'll replace it - let me just find something else- I like this song though--- So "World's Greatest" by R. Kelly then

Old
04-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Mota

Heres the way i see it...

The flyers have been the better team since game one...and have out played the pens more and more each game since then. You have to think...if they play keep playing that way...the pens cant keep pulling out wins while being so out played. The other way to look at it is...the pens got completely outplayed on tuesday, but still won...that just shows anything can happen. Maybe the pens come out hard looking to put this away tomorrow...but marty stands on his head, and steals the game for the flyers. Either way...a win tomorrow isnt out of the question.

If they some how find away to come back and win this series....game 5 will be the hardest of the three games to win. Tomorrow, all the pressure is on philly. The pens have the luxury of knowing they have 2 more cracks at it if they lose, the flyers dont. However...if the flyers win game 5...all then all of the pressure is on the pens...because losing game 6 means a tied series. That gives the flyers the advantage in game 6 on home ice...which if they won...makes for a hell of a game 7. Remember when we were up 3-1 against the caps? They came back...and it was very uneasy before game 7...and they ended up having to go to OT to win it.

The point I am really trying to make is...a win tomorrow makes this a real series again...and would be a momentum changer for sure...and like i said in my first paragraph...wins can happen in anyway. I am obviously being optimistic...but hey...if they can scratch out a win tomorrow...which wont be easy...but if they can...they have a real shot.

Go Flyers!

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Orange Crush 89

Bright future, yes. Series is over, however. No way this team wins 3 straight against ****sburgh.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
MountainHawk

It's stupid.

If we win tomorrow, then you have a home game to play for all the marbles.

Even if you believe we only win 40% of the games in Pittsburgh and 60% in Philadelphia, it's still a 25% shot at heading to Pittsburgh for a game 7.

Am I confident we are going to win this series? No.

Can we win this series? If we play like we did last night for 180 more minutes, **** yeah we can.

Let's Go Flyers!

**** the quitters.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
We will not win this series.

Want my address so you can kill me?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
Bright future, yes. Series is over, however. No way this team wins 3 straight against ****sburgh.
There's a separate thread for quitters.

I'm ready.

That is all.

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:42 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

I still believe. Let's go Flyers!

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:48 PM
TheKingPin

like everyone else, im in it till its over. but it dont think we are going to win it. getting 3 wins in a row is not impossible though. we have to play with the same fire that we did last night, just need to start scoring more goals like we did last night. get the puck and rush the net. it works. no more lupul taking the puck down the wing and shooting at fluery's chest from the circles. A lot of guys seem to have caught on to that, lupul has not. you fire a shot right into fluery and he eats it, gets a face off, we lose the face off and they get the puck. literally every time lupul shot it.

TheKingPin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:54 PM
bodangleroo28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
We will not win this series.

Want my address so you can kill me?
Yes and please include your social security number and credit card information

bodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Yes and please include your social security number and credit card information
Stealing my identity wasn't part of the deal (trust me, you don't want it).

Old
04-22-2009, 11:57 PM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
like everyone else, im in it till its over. but it dont think we are going to win it. getting 3 wins in a row is not impossible though. we have to play with the same fire that we did last night, just need to start scoring more goals like we did last night. get the puck and rush the net. it works. no more lupul taking the puck down the wing and shooting at fluery's chest from the circles. A lot of guys seem to have caught on to that, lupul has not. you fire a shot right into fluery and he eats it, gets a face off, we lose the face off and they get the puck. literally every time lupul shot it.
I was noticing that too. Lupul seems to see the crest and consider it a target.

whatthef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:00 AM
FlyersCup08

To start, Mota put it great. It can happen. If we win game 5, this series shifts to us in a big way. We go back to Philly with insane momentum, and ride that to game 7. If that happens, we will have outplayed the Pens in the last 5 games, and I think we take game 7. However, there is one reason that I think we will not win.

John Stevens.

This coach lacks the ability to fire up our guys. Unless we are in the Wach, our team comes out flat. The thing that we CANNOT do is let the Pens score first. If Mellon Arena gets into it, the Flyers get flustered and it's over. We need to come out on fire and get that first goal. The biggest thing is that the players need to believe they can do it. I have a feeling that the loss in game 4 was so demoralizing that they might just be like "We gave them everything we had, and fell short. What else can we do?"

Again, in my mind, the team that scores the first goal tomorrow will win this series.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:03 AM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
It's stupid.

Can we win this series? If we play like we did last night for 180 more minutes, **** yeah we can.

Let's Go Flyers!

**** the quitters
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!! I have been on five different threads tonight and all I see is negativity. Like the game has already been lost. I mean that is why they play the games NO?? IMO some of these posters need to find another team or sport to follow if they cant even have faith in thier supposedly favorite team before the ****ing puck drops Eventually the hockey gods have to come through for US. Besides do the Flyers ever do anything the easy way???

Whatever happens tomorrow I will be able to sleep knowing that I cheered for them from the drop of the puck till the final buzzer and beyond.

LET'S GOOOOOOO FLY-ERS!!!!
SCREW THE NAYSAYERS!!

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:09 AM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
GET!!!

There is enough threads where all you posters that dont realize that yes there is a game yet to be played can sit around and be negative. This thread is reserved for real fans and believers.

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Miss Mess

we got this.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Bryz4shiz

Quote:
Series is over, however
I agree there is no way we can lose the series now. Forget Crosby, forget Malkin, forget Richards, it's time for Carkillo to dominate. There's no stopping the orange crush.

Let's Go Flyers

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 02:14 AM
qwertysac

i still believe......

all the negative nancies need to get out of this thread. Even off this board since they're already writing the team off.

qwertysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 02:24 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
I'm not writing the team off. it's just being real. Save the heart break.

I hope you guys prove me wrong. Please do!

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:08 AM
decadentia

I only have one thing to add

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertysac View Post
i still believe......

all the negative nancies need to get out of this thread. Even off this board since they're already writing the team off.
Yeah? I'd prefer it if all the delusional people who think we can be one of the <2% of teams in history that have come back from 3-1 deficits got off the board. I'd much rather converse with people of sound logic and realistic expectations.

We might be able to pull it off tonight out of desperation. We might even be able to win game 6 because the home crowd will be insane and inspiring. But we will not win game 7 in Pittsburgh.

Old
04-23-2009, 10:28 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Yeah? I'd prefer it if all the delusional people who think we can be one of the <2% of teams in history that have come back from 3-1 deficits got off the board. I'd much rather converse with people of sound logic and realistic expectations.

We might be able to pull it off tonight out of desperation. We might even be able to win game 6 because the home crowd will be insane and inspiring. But we will not win game 7 in Pittsburgh.
The problem with people using statistics is they negate the possibility of something new happening. Where did that 2% come from? The odds were against those teams too.

Old
04-23-2009, 10:33 AM
FlyersCup08

Quote:

Sound reasoning. But can you HONESTLY say that if that happens, if we win tomorrow, if we win game 6 (and not fluke wins like the Pens have had in games 2 and 4) that you will still just be sitting there saying, yup this series is over. I think not. If we end up pulling this off and force game 7, I doubt there will be any Flyers fan in the world that doesn't believe it can happen. Keep in mind, this series, in my opinion, should be 3-1 Flyers. The Pens have shown up ONCE all series, and the rest have been **** luck.

LETS GO FLYERS!!!

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote