HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs board (annual) 2009 NHL mock draft!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2009, 08:48 AM
  #251
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Oh **** I'll make my pick. Sorry didnt browse HF last night...

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
  #252
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Sorry again for slowing this up, but im kinda busy this week. So, I'll go a bit off the board with Brayden McNabb, defencemen from Kootenay Ice.

"We love his size and overall game. He's not a bad skater for his size and we love his poise in his own zone, rarely puts his team in trouble and is one of the best PKer in this years draft."

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:24 AM
  #253
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
sorry man but you missed your pick.

I don't really think it would be fair to the other posters if I allowed you to still make a selection. I picked Nattinen for you.

You can still make your 3rd round pick though.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:35 AM
  #254
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
sorry man but you missed your pick.

I don't really think it would be fair to the other posters if I allowed you to still make a selection. I picked Nattinen for you.

You can still make your 3rd round pick though.
But St-louis didnt make his pick and 75% of the time i was on the clock was after midnight.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
  #255
cjbhab
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,053
vCash: 500
St Louis Blues select from the WHL Garrett Mitchell.

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
  #256
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
TinordiandSubban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
Lies.

Anaheim = Me win easily

I have the steal of the draft and im preparing another one =)
Please, Matt Duchene will be better than Tavares and Morin will score 50.

You heard it here first.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
  #257
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
so, shall we assume this mock is pretty much over?

Next year I say we pick active posters only and do a live draft.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:33 PM
  #258
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
so, shall we assume this mock is pretty much over?

Next year I say we pick active posters only and do a live draft.
10 hours is perhaps a bit too much, and perhaps it's only me, but this kind of exercise would maybe work more in june, near the draft ? Then, most people would have more of a grab of the prospects to come ?

Montreal still has until 21:40...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:41 PM
  #259
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,077
vCash: 500
The Montreal Canadiens are proud to draft, with the 48th overall draft pick, Ryan O'Reilly.

Sorry for the late pick, I've been sick all day.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:44 PM
  #260
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
New York Rangers select Chris Brown from USNTDP.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:54 PM
  #261
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Please PM the guy picking after you if you haven't.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:41 PM
  #262
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
so, shall we assume this mock is pretty much over?

Next year I say we pick active posters only and do a live draft.
I think there's alot of issues. People are too stressed out. We have until the draft to get it done right? Why freakin out because it hasnt been done in 3 days? I havent missed a pick since im in those, but because i didnt browse hf after 9 last night and decided to sleep a bit more this morning i miss my pick. I do understand people for not wanting to make their pick if they got a random guy just because they slept 9 of the 12 hours he was on the clock. I care as much about my 3rd pick as i care about the 2nd pick I've got.

It just needs to be runned more smoothly and not expect too much from people and not pick guys that never showed they were active on HF before the mock.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:46 PM
  #263
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think there's alot of issues. People are too stressed out. We have until the draft to get it done right? Why freakin out because it hasnt been done in 3 days? I havent missed a pick since im in those, but because i didnt browse hf after 9 last night and decided to sleep a bit more this morning i miss my pick. I do understand people for not wanting to make their pick if they got a random guy just because they slept 9 of the 12 hours he was on the clock. I care as much about my 3rd pick as i care about the 2nd pick I've got.

It just needs to be runned more smoothly and not expect too much from people and not pick guys that never showed they were active on HF before the mock.
And while you were sleeping, the guy after you was waiting at home in front of his comp to wait for YOU to make your pick, and that same guy couldnt go to bed or anything because chances are he would have missed his pick if HE was going to bed

all that is hypothetical but you see where im going with this (im not ''that'' guy, i couldnt care less about people missing their picks)

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:48 PM
  #264
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Please PM the guy picking after you if you haven't.
That would be me. Won't be long. I'll ask Kosty1489 if he wants to pick that time since he missed his pick.

I'm that great of a guy....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:52 PM
  #265
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
I think there's alot of issues. People are too stressed out. We have until the draft to get it done right? Why freakin out because it hasnt been done in 3 days? I havent missed a pick since im in those, but because i didnt browse hf after 9 last night and decided to sleep a bit more this morning i miss my pick. I do understand people for not wanting to make their pick if they got a random guy just because they slept 9 of the 12 hours he was on the clock. I care as much about my 3rd pick as i care about the 2nd pick I've got.

It just needs to be runned more smoothly and not expect too much from people and not pick guys that never showed they were active on HF before the mock.
But what would be the point of a mock draft if there was no time limit on picks? It'd take forever.

And I'm sorry about your pick earlier, but how would it be fair to the other posters who missed their picks?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:21 PM
  #266
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Oh well there's no point in arguing i just think it's been kinda dumb and that I'm not sure how much more is it fair to force a guy to pick between 9 am and 9 pm then it is to allow him to make his pick at 10 if the other guy didnt make his pick. And to me the mock died the moment you made my pick and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Pick me Varone in 3rd round or whoever else i dont really care... Cya next season and good luck for the remaining of the mock.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:42 PM
  #267
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,725
vCash: 500
The Carolina Hurricanes are going with Brampton Battalion's defenceman, Matthew Clark.

We believe that Matt Clark will bring a tough reliable presence on the blue line, that while he will never be a quaterback on the PP, will always make a good first pass and possesses some great hockey sense in both zones. More a defensive defenceman but we believe he has the potential to become better offensively. Posseses a really hard shot that is often precise as well.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:19 PM
  #268
guest1467
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 24,824
vCash: 500
Calgary selects from the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL, Ryan Howse.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:48 PM
  #269
BeBen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,998
vCash: 500
might as well stop after the 2nd round...

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:09 AM
  #270
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
might as well stop after the 2nd round...
How so? We are at the end of the 2nd round and there's still 2 months prior to the draft....to me it's not that bad.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 06:42 AM
  #271
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,224
vCash: 500
The Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select, from the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, goalie Olivier Roy.

"We need good goalie prospects for our pipeline, because right now it's a weakness, and we feel Olivier might become what we lacked for years, a no 1 goalie"

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
  #272
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBen View Post
might as well stop after the 2nd round...
I hope we can finish the 3rd round, but there's no point (in my opinion) of continuing if every second poster misses the time limit.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
  #273
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I hope we can finish the 3rd round, but there's no point (in my opinion) of continuing if every second poster misses the time limit.
Like I said though, and I understand your point, but we probably should slow on the time limit a bit. We still are 2 months prior to the draft with 1 round and a couple of picks. I really think that we have the luxury from now to let the next guy pick before Midnight. I mean if I pick at Midnight and you go with the 10-hour time limit, next guy as to pick before 10AM....I suggest a whole day from now. 35ish picks for 60 days. So let's try to get at the very least 1 pick a day. If we can't achieve it, well I will pick one before midnight of each day without a pick.

How's that?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM
  #274
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Like I said though, and I understand your point, but we probably should slow on the time limit a bit. We still are 2 months prior to the draft with 1 round and a couple of picks. I really think that we have the luxury from now to let the next guy pick before Midnight. I mean if I pick at Midnight and you go with the 10-hour time limit, next guy as to pick before 10AM....I suggest a whole day from now. 35ish picks for 60 days. So let's try to get at the very least 1 pick a day. If we can't achieve it, well I will pick one before midnight of each day without a pick.

How's that?
Sounds fair to me.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
  #275
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Like I said though, and I understand your point, but we probably should slow on the time limit a bit. We still are 2 months prior to the draft with 1 round and a couple of picks. I really think that we have the luxury from now to let the next guy pick before Midnight. I mean if I pick at Midnight and you go with the 10-hour time limit, next guy as to pick before 10AM....I suggest a whole day from now. 35ish picks for 60 days. So let's try to get at the very least 1 pick a day. If we can't achieve it, well I will pick one before midnight of each day without a pick.

How's that?
Yeah we can do that, sounds good.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.