HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If anyone blames Price for tonight

Old
04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
MOJO

vCash: 500
People need to chill.

I remember when people were throwing Marc-Andre Fleury under the bus a couple of years ago.

"He always chokes in the big games."
"He's mentally not there."
"He's too inconsistent."
"He was brought along too quickly."
"His development was screwed up."
"He was immature."

Those who know the game, KNOW that a 21 year old goaltender will need some time develop.
Those who know the game, KNOW Carey Price was IN NO WAY to blame for the Habs early round exit.

If the Canadiens don't want price, I know of 29 other teams that will jump at the chance to acquire his services.

MOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:41 PM
otto84

The song CBC put in the game intro ended up being quite fitting.

otto84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:58 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
because of all the hype about how Price was the second coming of Roy and Dryden, I expected more from him. Its as simple as that.
I don't see many future hall of fame defencemen patrolling the blue line for the Habs like in the days of Dryden, and the early Roy days...

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 02:15 PM
MattyHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
I don't see many future hall of fame defencemen patrolling the blue line for the Habs like in the days of Dryden, and the early Roy days...
Indeed, Dryden could afford to employ his famous leaning-on-stick stance because he was so bored since the puck was always in the opposition end.

MattyHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Tim Thomas on Price...

not sure if someone has already posted this...

i left out all of the middle stuff and just kept the quotes...

Quote:
"I understand (Price's) frustration, but you hold it inside,"
Quote:
"You don't give them the satisfaction of a response."
Quote:
Thomas, who bounced around various leagues in North America and Europe before making it in the NHL - finally - in 2002, said he never has been the punchline behind some temperamental fans.

"If it did happen, I was in my own world - and glad I was," he said. "But you don't have any choice but to put that behind you. It's a bad situation, and I wouldn't want to be in it."
Quote:
"The games weren't his fault," Thomas said. "We made unbelievable plays and scored some unbelievable goals. It would be one thing if he sieved-out, but we were making back-door passes, many that were tape-to-tape. I don't feel any of it was justified. But it's pro sports and the fans can do what they want."
http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...608/story.html

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
Carey price is young and very talented. On top of that, he has great size.

I think we can all agree that mentaly he is not ready to be a #1 and take pressure on his shoulders. For a goalie , its hard to show intensity , to show that you care even when you are not making the saves.

Why was he brought up so quickly in the squad and why has he been presented as a franchise goalie if he wasn't ready? its the organization's responsability. If you don't manage talent in an adequate way, you're going to waste it.

I would also like to point out that THERE IS a problem off the ice over here in Montreal. I am not going to call all of you guys liars ... as many reported stories of guys being wasted prior to game day. Its the players' private lives ... but on the other hand by getting in bars here in Montreal ... they know they are exposing themselves ... the players are at fault, not the common supporter who shares a weird story and gets flammed on.

The organization did a poor job to build a structure for the young players outside the ice. We lacked leadership off the ice ... there wasn't that 25-30 y.o. guy that took responsability and leadership outside the ice. The organization HAD to be more involved with the players. The old fashion way of getting settled is the best way sadly ... and latendresse proved it this year by getting married , having a child .... he had to reach another level of conciousness ... and its that very element that others are lacking.

Back on carey. I've always prefered Halak, I'm not going to lie. Why ? every single game that he needed to step up he did. Can he be our #1 ? I don't know ... we have yet to try. He got called off at 22 years of age by every ''experts'' and former players ... the same experts that use carey's eternal ''ONLY 21 YEARS OLD'' argument to justify his poor performances. He does lets in soft goals every game that counts. Just like huet the season halak brought us at the doorsteps of the playoffs. Halak is the only goalie that never let us down as habs fan. He won impossible games ... sharks anyone? If we recall how it happened... Carbo was about to play Halak for the rest of the season. That game in dallas ... Halak had a cold. When Gainey put Price back in nets on a permanet basis, we started loosing again. its just facts , I'm not saying its price's fault ... but on the other hand were we a better team when Halak was in nets for that 4 games winning streak ?

What Carey does always amazes me. How do you allow yourself to put up 30 pounds during a rookie season in the NHL ? there is no word for that , any attempt to excuse it is just pathetic in my opinion. He told us last year that he struggled mentaly. But this year, on many occasion ...he sais he was good at ''bouncing back'' and that he felt great. was it a lie ?

One thing is for sure , what he did yesterday shows a lot of things. The kid is troubbled ... he won't step in that #1 role before a couple of years ... if he ever does. It was a lack of respect for every montreal canadians fan, as well as a lack of respect for Bob Gainey who kept playing him despite his poor performances, and also a lack of respect for Patrick Roy. I am really questionning myself on Carey's ability to think and reason ... as what happened came out of nowhere. A ridiculous act of selfishness.

I know somehow some HF board members are going to get blammed for what carey did .... somehow ... .... but he's the one to blame for having that kind of preocupations when the game is still 4-1 playoff game and not 11-1 during a reg. season game.

IMO ....

don't want to see him in a habs jersey ever again . In my opinion, its best to part ways with him. trade with tampa , get vinny ... at least you know what you're going to get ... Carey doesn't have emotionnal stability , and probably never will.

my last post before the draft. take good care of yourselves.
Only good part of your post IMO. The rest is just ridiculous, baffling, hilarious and sad in equal measures.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
jordy

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
If some of the French media have a problem with Koivu how do you think they'll like Markov? Markov has enough responsiblity without burdening him with the C. Koivu has earned it and would be a great #2 centre, he isn't the problem.
Who cares about the french media? It shouldn't matter if the captain is french/ finnish/ russian etc. As for Koivu well hes been my favourite player for years but I think the habs need to go in a new direction. I also would like to see Koivu win the cup and thats not going to happen with montreal

jordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Hyack57

All fours goals against were from serious breakdowns by Montreal defensively. I don't fault Price for any goal last night. And I fault the Montreal fans for being idiots. Kudos to Carey for giving it right back.

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:28 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Only good part of your post IMO. The rest is just ridiculous, baffling, hilarious and sad in equal measures.
words of wisdom ...comming from a guy who can't even share his opinion, contents himself by picking on others and the tentative explanations they provide with honesty.

what makes me laugh is how a man suddenly grows a pair and sends an arrogant reply cuz he's behind a computer screen. What is also ironic is the fact that I could have copied every single word of your own post and send it back to you ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote