HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

komisarek vs lucic round 2

Old
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Riverboat Gambler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Definitely a frustrating season all around for Komisarek vs Lucic. I think he might end up signing with the Bruins just so he doesn't have to play against him in the future.
That gave me a chuckle...

That would be so disastrous. With Komi, the B's would be like some kind of unparalleled physical juggernaut.

Credit to Komi, for bucking up and putting his pride on the line to try and spark the team. Could've worked but he does not fight well and Lucic caught him with the first punch right on the button (Komi doesn't seem to have a good chin).

Komi is a competitive guy, wanted to show his guts right until the bitter end. His stick cutting Lucic was the side-effect of this over-zealousness.

Take the good with the bad.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
He was actually punched in the eye, which was bruised because of puck deflection.

Lucic like a ***** went after it. What happened to the days where, you come into my house and you are going to leave bruised and battered...

I really wished BGL would have scrapped someone.

The fact that there was no effort in anything makes me wanna hurl.

Thats Lucic....he sees an injury and then attacks it. He dropped his glove and suckered Komi in the swollen eye before Komi had his gloves off....thats just typical Lucic. If Lucic has to do that in all of his fights in order to win, then so be it, but it doesn't make him a great fighter, just means he's a cheapshot artist.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Seguins Dragon*

As Keith Jones said... Mike Komesarek better go play for LA because Lucic destroyed him in this series...

I think it was the 2nd goal, Komo is up at Boston's blueline trying to line Lucic up and get in his grill... meanwhile because he does this, causes a 2 on 1 with Krecji and Ryder... and we all know how that turned out..

If Mike would have just played his position, rather than going after Lucic, he would have been back there, prevent the 2-1 and maybe Boston doesn't score that goal, and its a tie game going into the dressing room at the end of period

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
Thats Lucic....he sees an injury and then attacks it. He dropped his glove and suckered Komi in the swollen eye before Komi had his gloves off....thats just typical Lucic. If Lucic has to do that in all of his fights in order to win, then so be it, but it doesn't make him a great fighter, just means he's a cheapshot artist.
He clearly hit him in the chin.

Lucic reminds me of Wendal Clark in his fighting style. He's intense. Gloves come off, punches are coming at you immediately. I know that, his opponents know it... but knowing it and countering it are two different things, especially considering his size and fighting prowess.

A square-off is the most fair approach, however I don't beleive you have to square- off to fight someone.

Old
04-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Forget Lucic, he's Sideshow Bob for **** sake. Ryder, Krejci, Kessel, Savard and Chara are the players who made the difference in this series, not the second rate stooge who thinks he's resurrected the Cam Neely v Ulf Samuelsson feud with Komisarek.
Totally agree. That being said, I thought the "fight" was a fitting end to a frustrating season for Komisarek. A "poing final", as it were.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
TonyTinglebone

I don't usually get involved in anything related to Lucic on this board because it is such a love/hate relationship, but I will say this. Komisarek has allowed Lucic to get into his head. Last year Komi would lay the hits to Lucic and Lucic would lay the hits back, they would yap at each other and so on and so forth. Komisarek was all confidence because last year he had no problem trading hits with Lucic, this year he got run over a few times at the start of the year and was unable to run Lucic over. He steps up and fights him in a game that was already over and got beat and threw his shoulder out. Since that time it seems like Komi has only been concerned about getting back at Lucic. Komisarek has to move on, the game is business, take care of the personal stuff right away and get it over with if that is what needs to be done, but start playing for the team, not for yourself and your own pride.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post

Suckered? From this photo....both are throwing...one guy connects.
There was no sucker punch.

The best part was when Komisarek cross checked Lucic in the head. Lucic had that coming to him for cross checking Schneider and then Lapierre in the face. I had a smile on my face from ear to ear when Komi done that....I was soo proud.

Lucic is a goon....so of course he is going to beat a non-fighter like Komisarek....good god. Bruins fans go on like Lucic is some big heavyweight fighter or something...if he's such a heavyweight, how come he was scared sh**less of Laraque??? He wouldn't go near BGL because he knew he'd get his a$$ beat....so he stuck to fighting guys who don't normally fight.
According to Bruins fans, Lucic is the best fighter in the league because he beat Komisarek and a few other non-fighters. Lucic hardly ever fights any heavyweights because when he does, he gets his ass handed to him like the time he grabbed onto Erskine of the Caps. Erskine beat him bad.....real bad and he's not ever really a heavyweight fighter!! Tim Gleason also gave Lucic a good beating last year too and Gleason isn't a heavyweight either.

Funny how certain people just ignore those fights Lucic had though.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Totally agree. That being said, I thought the "fight" was a fitting end to a frustrating season for Komisarek. A "poing final", as it were.
It was the exclamation point on a piss poor season for Komisarek.

The perplexing thing to me is why let a goof like Lucic become a factor, sure he takes the body and is aggravating but ignore him. Keying on him is like focusing on Stan Jonathan while Ratelle, Middleton and Park light you up like a Christmas tree.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
smon

Lucic has really embarassed Komisarek all year.

I hope he comes back at a reasonable price because Montreal has invested a lot of time and effort in developing him, and you'd have to think he feels like he has unfinished business here. But they wait until July 1st and some crazy team overpays him thinking he's a #2 defenseman, I can't see how he'd be back.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Lucic has really embarassed Komisarek all year.

I hope he comes back at a reasonable price because Montreal has invested a lot of time and effort in developing him, and you'd have to think he feels like he has unfinished business here. But they wait until July 1st and some crazy team overpays him thinking he's a #2 defenseman, I can't see how he'd be back.
Which is the reason why Komisarek should concentrate on hitting legally and stop pretending like he could beat up people. Sure he did great against Dubinsky and even Hartnell who he shook him to death, but a fighter that can actually fight? That's enough Komisarek play hockey, hit legally, but let the pushing, the shoving and the crosschecking to guys who can actually back it up. 'Cause for his own sake, he just look like a fool when he does it.

Problem with Komi is that....and he can't let other guys do it 'cause we have no other guys. Again, a case where a guy is misused or in the wrong role. He feels that he's obligated to be the tough guy 'cause nobody else will. But put with people who could help him better in that department, maybe he wouldn't be that cocky.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:47 PM
FlavorFlav

No fan of the Bruins here, but Lucic showed class and poise in front of a totally deranged Komisarek.

- Lucic could have easily dropped Komi AGAIN in the fight but held back for some reason

- Komi's completely idiotic crosscheck to the head has to make you woonder where his own is at

- Komi's constant chirping obviously shows he had his attention elsewhere the whole game.

I hate to say it, but will - Lucic is by far the bigger man.

FlavorFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Markovskaya

Waiting for the gif. of the punch on the chin...

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:06 PM
CanadienErrant*

Watch Komi signs with a Western Conference team. He is probably fed up to meet Lucic and the Bruins.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
There's a good picture from the fight in this article:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/h...with_one_blow/

I don't know how to post pics, otherwise I'd put it up.

Here's the pic.

Komi has the "Oh Crap" look on his face.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:10 PM
FlavorFlav

Quote:
Originally Posted by JV View Post
pull yourself together. "Totally deranged"? were you raised in a zen garden or something?

As for who the bigger man is (or was), that's an old lady's way of talking....so either you're an old woman, or an old woman of a man. there are other possibilities, I suppose. i think the sensible conclusions are that lucic had the better series; he's the better fighter; and he definitely got MK off his already diminished game.
I was in fact raised in a Zen garden, and I'm a little troubled by your obsession with old ladies (your own business, I suppose) -

Just saying all you guys with this unhealthy obsession with the Mighty Overlord Lucic (OK, see, that was sarcasm! See?) and his alleged cheap shots should now be silenced by the way he acted yesterday - which is to say just reacted to some pretty blatant cheap shots, accepted the invitation to dance, and did his job of completely distracting Komi -

FlavorFlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Suckered? From this photo....both are throwing...one guy connects.
There was no sucker punch.
You fail.
There was no sucker punch, Lucic was just more prepared.
He already had 1 glove off and was in perfection position, instead of Komi's scramble to drop the gloves and face forward.

I really hope Komi takes boxing classes over the summer, because it's just lame.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:

Nice sig but....

In what exactly did we fail to succeed with Ryder? He's not even on our team. Im happy he's doing well.

Second, the retro sweaters were wacky, but its a question of taste. So it doesn't apply here.

Third, how was the all-star game a failure exactly? It was sold out, the players had fun and on top, Kovy won the MVP. Total success.

Tanguay, Schneider and Lang have all been a success. Just some bad luck with injuries. Metro has been great. Laraque is another story but he's a 4th liner anyway. So you're also wrong on the free agents part.

Lastly, the draft that we got as part of the centennial celebrations will be held in June, just so you know. Can you predict the futur?

The sig idea was good, but oh so badly executed.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Le Maroons

Ok people...

Lucic did not sucker punch Komi. They dropped the gloves and Lucic won.

Komisarek did not cross check Lucic in the face. He broke his stick on his shoulder.

Pictures and videos are available to prove these things.

Le Maroons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Why Lucic? Komisarek rang the bell, Lucic answered the door. There is absolutely nothing bad you can say about Lucic's performance tonight. No gooning what so ever.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Steward had like 8 fights in 8 straight games (might be exaggerating) but not one in these series?
I think the days of goon hockey are all but over. The new NHL will require more players like Lucic who can play with skill as well as drop the gloves if necessary. Shawn Thornton also has skill for us and drops the gloves. There isn't ONE single guy on the Bruins who is a tough guy and can't play as well.

Love or hate these guys you really cannot say that these guys are just goons and can't play the game of hockey. Every team in the NHL has these NEW tough guys who can play.

There are some on their way out who CAN'T play hockey and can only fight. The game is better for it too.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
Komi couldn't beat him with the fist so he used his stick -dirty on Komi 's part and also a chicken sh__ move for Komi.

Does that mean Lucic is afraid of Lapierre?

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I know Komiasrek had a disapointing year(compared to last year), but I really hope he can be signed. If he goes I thnk people will start to realise how big a piece he was, playing with Markov has helped him, but he's been a physical force and blocked a ton of shots the last few years. I'm sure his shoulder was atless than 100% for a good part of the year. I'd love for him to get fighting lessons, he is strong and tough but has terrible technique(drops his head). I don't wamt him fighting every game but 10-12 times a year to send a message.

Ideally we sign him at 4 years 15 mil.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
i think u forgot the

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:05 PM
yohan1212

Quote:
The best part was when Komisarek cross checked Lucic in the head. Lucic had that coming to him for cross checking Schneider and then Lapierre in the face. I had a smile on my face from ear to ear when Komi done that....I was soo proud.

Lucic is a goon....so of course he is going to beat a non-fighter like Komisarek....good god. Bruins fans go on like Lucic is some big heavyweight fighter or something...if he's such a heavyweight, how come he was scared sh**less of Laraque??? He wouldn't go near BGL because he knew he'd get his a$$ beat....so he stuck to fighting guys who don't normally fight.
According to Bruins fans, Lucic is the best fighter in the league because he beat Komisarek and a few other non-fighters. Lucic hardly ever fights any heavyweights because when he does, he gets his ass handed to him like the time he grabbed onto Erskine of the Caps. Erskine beat him bad.....real bad and he's not ever really a heavyweight fighter!! Tim Gleason also gave Lucic a good beating last year too and Gleason isn't a heavyweight either.

Funny how certain people just ignore those fights Lucic had though.
now that you are done ranting, some points... Erskine is a Legit heavyweight.. Def. one of the top 20 HW in the league. He just doesnt fight all that much. The fight was even until erskine's arm came out of jersey and then took control.. I have never seen B's fans saying lucic is "the best fighter in the league". He can scrap, but we dont want him fighting other teams HW's every game cause he is a game changer in that he sets the physical tone and the rest of the team follows.. Gleason beating?? OK... It was a non fight and by the way looch had a broken nose.. For a 20 yr old with the likes of Ivanans, boll, clarkson, erskine, brookbank, Boulton, Neil on his card i dont think he is doing too bad for himself.. But hey who am I , all those guys are nobodys right("who dont normally fight") ??!!

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchandgrab View Post
I swear I will never understand how Komi has so many supporters.

We cheer for the Canadiens. Komisarek plays for the Canadiens. There is a direct relationship in who we admire as fans and who wears the sweater we support. It works like that.

Old
04-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
Komi was terrible in the fight and then cheap shotted Lucic by sticking him in the face.

An embarrasment to the team.
+1 Im just cant watch anymore fight of Komisarek he always got owned. Laraque doesn't do his job... Its really frustrating.

Komisarek keep your gloves, Laraque good bye youre one of the biggest dissapointement this year.

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote