HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

komisarek vs lucic round 2

Old
04-23-2009, 05:55 PM
clutchandgrab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
We cheer for the Canadiens. Komisarek plays for the Canadiens. There is a direct relationship in who we admire as fans and who wears the sweater we support. It works like that.
But that doesn't really explain why all those other players that wore the Canadiens jersey were run out of town on a rail and ripped on these forums and elsewhere, does it? Seems to me Komi gets a free pass A LOT.

clutchandgrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumhabs View Post
+1 Im just cant watch anymore fight of Komisarek he always got owned. Laraque doesn't do his job... Its really frustrating.

Komisarek keep your gloves, Laraque good bye youre one of the biggest dissapointement this year.
BGL was playing with a back injury the entire season..I would like to see you play hockey with 2 herniated discs in your back... BGL is going no where so get use to having him around for another 2 years...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:38 PM
C77

Lucic a goon?

He's 20 years old and put up 42 points in 72 games and he only averages 15 minutes a game. If he was on the Habs he'd be your 4th leading scorer this year. He's worked hard to become a good player, when he came up he still needed a lot of work on his skating. His stickhandling is improving.

Thankfully Lucic doesn't really take runs at people or throw elbows because if he did it would be pretty scary and he hardly ever gets called for boarding.

I think these incidents between Komisarek and Lapierre and Lucic are part of the rivalry and people make bad decisions when they're pissed off.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
DaHabMan

sure its no fun when somebody cheapshots one of our players or any player for that matter but damn, that cross-check on lucy's face felt good. I hope theres more where that came from next year. Damn you komo, you better sign long-term.........

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Sumhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
BGL was playing with a back injury the entire season..I would like to see you play hockey with 2 herniated discs in your back... BGL is going no where so get use to having him around for another 2 years...
Well if this is the reason he doesnt do a single thing to protect our players then heal up and get ready for a big season next season.

My god he justs cant let Lucic do what he wants, forget that stupid code, try to do something at least! He did nothing all year to get Lucic fight him, ok some bla bla bla but who gives a s**** about your bla bla bla George?

Sumhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 08:36 PM
NHRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Forget Lucic, he's Sideshow Bob for **** sake. Ryder, Krejci, Kessel, Savard and Chara are the players who made the difference in this series, not the second rate stooge who thinks he's resurrected the Cam Neely v Ulf Samuelsson feud with Komisarek.
Sideshow Bob, as you called him, would have been fourth on the Habs in scoring for the regular season at the tender age of 20.

I know you guys like to think he's nothing but an unskilled goon like BGL, but he's actually quite the hockey player. Anyone who says they wouldn't take him in a heartbeat on this team is fooling themselves.

NHRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
What fight??? Lucic dropped his gloves first and suckered Komisarek once....then that was it. Why do you think Komisarek went after him later on and tried to take his head off with a stick??? If Lucic would square off with Komi like a real man instead of trying to sucker someone with their gloves still on....then it might be different.
this is my alltime favorite dillusional post....I boxed quite a bit in my youth (and took a few shots like Komi and it aint fun) and can tell you Lucic has both technique and mindset; Komi does not and he could box till the cows come home and he would get his arse kicked. Reminds me of when Keith Magnuson took boxing lessons back in the early 70's and the first fight he almost got killed. I am one Bruins fan who likes Komi but he was an embarrassment. As for Lucic, the perception on this Montreal board runs 180 degrees from the people in the industry think of this guy. He has great hands (and I am not talking fighting) and hockey sense that is not far behind.

Demers sees him as side show also

Milan Lucic: “To me, the leader of this team is (Zdeno) Chara, but the heart and soul is Lucic. (B’s GM Peter) Chiarelli should give a lifetime contract to a guy like him. He’s unbelievable, a special player. He reminds me of a smaller (version of rugged ex-Red Wing) Bob Probert. Very passionate, very tough to play against.”

Last edited by DKH: 04-23-2009 at 10:24 PM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
RaskMullet
Pasta Time !

when the fight happened it looked like lucic hit hm in the jaw but after seeing this picture from today he made direct contact with his eye.

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:46 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK81 View Post
when the fight happened it looked like lucic hit hm in the jaw but after seeing this picture from today he made direct contact with his eye.
Laraque says hello..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:04 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK81 View Post
He was hit in the eye earlier in the game by the but end of Thomas's stick, not in the eye. His eye was swelling up pretty bad during the game, this is just the next day looking bad. Lucic never hit him in the eye.

finchster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 02:25 AM
nORRis8*

I hope the Habs sign Komisarek long-term. Guess its up to him though...if he cares to have the crap kicked out of him by a 21 year old kid.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 07:41 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin View Post
Sideshow Bob, as you called him, would have been fourth on the Habs in scoring for the regular season at the tender age of 20.

I know you guys like to think he's nothing but an unskilled goon like BGL, but he's actually quite the hockey player. Anyone who says they wouldn't take him in a heartbeat on this team is fooling themselves.
Do people even read posts before replying? Where exactly did I label Lucic as a unskilled goon or state that I wouldn't take him on my team? Answer - I didn't, so shelve the straw man arguments.

Yes Sideshow Bob (and anyone who runs around and runs his mouth as much as Milan does deserves that moniker) is a decent player, but that doesn't change the fact that Savard, Chara, Kessel, Krecji and Ryder were the players who were responsible for the Bruins victories.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchandgrab View Post
But that doesn't really explain why all those other players that wore the Canadiens jersey were run out of town on a rail and ripped on these forums and elsewhere, does it? Seems to me Komi gets a free pass A LOT.

We don't run people out of town... I'm sure we'd like to think we carry that kind of clout but that's a management decision. Fan pressure could be a factor in a management decison, but ultimately fans don't have decision-making power.

It's silly of Bruins fans to think they can come here and argue that one of our players isn't worth a salt and that we'll recognize the value of this argument and then side with them.

I think Lucic is a very good player but he's my Komisarek on your team. He runs around all game delivering hits, often leaving his feet and bringing his hands up, he trys to engage weaker players in fights, celerbrates like a 13 year old scoring his first goal after a fight, will not respond to our enforcer, will hit you with his stick, or tackle you from behind.

Very good skills, yes (I'm willing to admit that)... a better fighter, certainly... clean hockey player, not a chance

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:07 AM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
We don't run people out of town... I'm sure we'd like to think we carry that kind of clout but that's a management decision. Fan pressure could be a factor in a management decison, but ultimately fans don't have decision-making power.

It's silly of Bruins fans to think they can come here and argue that one of our players isn't worth a salt and that we'll recognize the value of this argument and then side with them.

I think Lucic is a very good player but he's my Komisarek on your team. He runs around all game delivering hits, often leaving his feet and bringing his hands up, he trys to engage weaker players in fights, celerbrates like a 13 year old scoring his first goal after a fight, will not respond to our enforcer, will hit you with his stick, or tackle you from behind.

Very good skills, yes (I'm willing to admit that)... a better fighter, certainly... clean hockey player, not a chance
I think thats where the problem lies, Komisarek might be regarded as the Top 3 most important players on the Habs.
Lucic? I'm not even sure he cracks the Top 5.

Ryder, Chara, Kessel, Wheeler, Krejci, Wideman have all proven to be more important to the team. Now the Bruins added Recchi its amazing how week he has fit in as well.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Komo doesn't know how to fight...He would lose to Kostoplos

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Souvenirs

Komi/Lucic arguments are so lame...

Both good players that each team would have to like. Of course Komi had a bad season along with 95% of our players but Bruins fans should know better, their team signed Michael Ryder

Komi is a player in a role that doesn't fit him. He's not a good fighter, but he'll do it because he wants to stand up for his teammates. If he doesn't, no one will, and every team targets him because he's one of our biggest guys, which doesn't make him an enforcer or fighter anyway. He won't back down, but he'll often let his emotions get the best of him. This season has been incredibly frustrating for him so it's normal he gets a bit pissed.
Remember the 0-5 comeback against the Rangers? It started after Komi had an altercation with another player.
He's the ultimate team guy, IMO.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:23 AM
nilan30

Komisarek should just take a page out of Lurchic's book and don't fight guys who might be able to beat you.
But yes I do beleive Lurchic is a good player but I could see his career going the path of other former Bruins Neely and Orr and being a short one, due to the way he runs around. Sometimes throwing big hits takes as much of a toll if not more on the body as taking one.

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Komi is a player in a role that doesn't fit him. He's not a good fighter, but he'll do it because he wants to stand up for his teammates. If he doesn't, no one will, and every team targets him because he's one of our biggest guys, which doesn't make him an enforcer or fighter anyway. He won't back down, but he'll often let his emotions get the best of him. This season has been incredibly frustrating for him so it's normal he gets a bit pissed.
Remember the 0-5 comeback against the Rangers? It started after Komi had an altercation with another player.
He's the ultimate team guy, IMO.
That is Komi's own fault. He went from being an intimidating defensive dman to trying to be a bully this year.

He's perfectly suited for the role he's supposed to play: physical, intimidating defensive dman. Even Bruins fans would agree that last year Komi was a very physical/intimidating presence between the whistles last year. This YT vid was made last year and illustrates the presence he brings to the lineup when he's on his game.

This year something was clearly off, to me it seemed both mentally and physically. He wasn't keeping up with the play and his decision making had really regressed. But worst was that he turned into a bully. He wasn't playing well enough to be a factor between the whistles and tried to intimidate after whistle which is when he's not effective in part because he's not that good of fighter nor is he willing to fight at the drop of a hat. Maybe it was frustration at not playing up to his potential, but you could see that the aggression that should have been unleashed during the play came out after the whistle and he wasn't being smart about it, nor did he back it up enough.

As far as fighting in general, if he only fights 5 times a year for legitimate reasons, it'll go a long way. Regehr, Mitchell, Orpik, Phillips, Souray, Weber all fight about 2-5 times a year. The only defensive dman I can think of who fights a lot is Brenden Witt. It's about dropping the gloves at the right times like he did last year with Hartnell and Dubinsky.

He needs to get back to being a physical presence during the play and not worry so much about the after the whistle stuff. People are a lot less hesitant to challenge you for hard clean play than trying to push around smaller players after the whistle.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote