HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price: "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
  #26
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab oiler fan88 View Post
Just a question, but didnt he do that same thing when he played against the oilers? I am pretty sure he did...
Didn't he wave at a ref or something?
Or he was asking the Montreal bench to pull him? can't remember

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:14 PM
  #27
Natedawg
Lars Eller
 
Natedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
whats gonna happen Price? you gonna ask for a trade? what a tool. grow some balls.
I am a long time reader, don't post very often. But when someone says something as ridiculous as this I have to...

You are a disgrace to hab fans everywhere..

P.S I am a big habs, price fan.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:15 PM
  #28
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Well, you, in particular, can don some pads and hockey equipment, you know what they look like, right, and show him you can tend goal better than him.

This idea was stolen from Tim Thomas' response last night. I give him all the credit.
Why do you guys have to keep rationnalizing about why and what a few hundred drunken emotive fans yell last night ???

When you get drunk on saturday, do you spend the next day pondering at what you did and why you did it?

Once again, why NO ONE is talking about the standing ovation the players received last night ?? I'm getting sick of the all media, all fans are morons here in Montreal.

The 2009 inquisation has started !

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
  #29
My Sweet Shadow
Registered User
 
My Sweet Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disclose View Post
eh, Price shouldnt give a crap what those few fans were yelling. but it takes him off his game so badly. The guy lacks of maturity, he should keep working on that and not get back at the fans, during the game itself, bringing back the Roy incident...
Which is why you don't hand a 21 year old the reigns in a city like Montreal during their centennial season. Not to mention he has a 24 year old back-up to turn to for advice and a team that utterly fell apart for large chunks of the season.

However, I agree he should have kept his composure, but imagine how he must of felt by the end of the season. Put yourself in his shoes.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:24 PM
  #30
eightyseven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,502
vCash: 500
Yes, the guy lacks maturity. But come on, he is 21. It took MAF a few years before he started to become good in the playoffs.

Secondly, it's obvious he has a big ego and maybe that's better, you need confidence to be a goalie in a Canadian market, especially Montreal. Ray Emery had great mental toughness during the Stanley Cup run. (However, Emery's downfall is his lack of work ethic and passion for the game.)

He already has the size and athletic ability. Now it's just a matter of fixing up some things and increasing his focus.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:27 PM
  #31
DaHabMan
Registered User
 
DaHabMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
he did what he had to do and i salute him for that....he didnt deserve that **** and the people who think so should try watching a hockey game as to learn how hockey is played and what it takes to win i.e. defense

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
  #32
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 500
I found it sad that when after he responded to the fans he started shaking his head, as in are you guys blind?.. stupid fans..

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:34 PM
  #33
marchabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
he did what he had to do and i salute him for that....he didnt deserve that **** and the people who think so should try watching a hockey game as to learn how hockey is played and what it takes to win i.e. defense
hey. he's a young whiz but still is a kiddo in the nhl. block the pucks and stop blaming your defense, making faces to the crowd, lifting your arms, etc. I think he's actually full of himself.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:37 PM
  #34
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
I am a long time reader, don't post very often. But when someone says something as ridiculous as this I have to...

You are a disgrace to hab fans everywhere..

P.S I am a big habs, price fan.
So, why is he a disgrace? Roy was an idiot for doing it, and Price is an even bigger idiot for mimicking only the worst of Roy, rather than emulating his best.

My feeling was that the fans booed as a general statement on Price's play overall since x-mas. Just look at the numbers, he was terrible - not even average, just plain terrible. He gets cheered when he's good....so when he costs us games and stinks the joint out, he should also take criticism like a professional rather than a hurt little kid. This is so schoolyard.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:38 PM
  #35
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
So, why is he a disgrace? Roy was an idiot for doing it, and Price is an even bigger idiot for mimicking only the worst of Roy, rather than emulating his best.

My feeling was that the fans booed as a general statement on Price's play overall since x-mas. Just look at the numbers, he was terrible - not even average, just plain terrible. He gets cheered when he's good....so when he costs us games and stinks the joint out, he should also take criticism like a professional rather than a hurt little kid. This is so schoolyard.
If the drunk and moron fans are allowed to express themselves, I can't see why Price could not

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
  #36
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,952
vCash: 500
good for him, Listen to his press conference on TSN, it's a good one.

Kikizaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
  #37
Slats432
Registered User
 
Slats432's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,460
vCash: 500
Pathetic the way the fans booed him. As my 35 years as a Habs fan I have never felt as ashamed to be one.

With the decimated defense corps, you could see the fight vs. the Bruins would be uphill. You cheer your team, and hope for the best.

Sometimes it doesn't work. No need to throw your young goaltender under the bus. (A stark reminder why players would rather play in Florida than under the microscope in Montreal.)

Slats432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:41 PM
  #38
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
hey. he's a young whiz but still is a kiddo in the nhl. block the pucks and stop blaming your defense, making faces to the crowd, lifting your arms, etc. I think he's actually full of himself.
Thats easy to say, mr. regular "fan".. stop blaming your defense? I never heard him blame the defense, even if he has every right to do so..and.. block the pucks? Thats like saying that he should play alone against 5 guys and still stop everything, because for real thats what it looked like at certain points (see Ryder beating 3 D after a beautifull pass by Hamrlik). But noo i'm sure even that goal was his fault... And him lifting his arms in the air was a SARCASTIC response to the SARCASTIC applauds by the fans. It was nothing cocky... he wasn't trying to prove anything, he even shook his head in disbelief after..

And if you were really sarcastic about your whole post sorry, but I still had to say all of this anyway

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:42 PM
  #39
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
If the drunk and moron fans are allowed to express themselves, I can't see why Price could not
Ok, if you want a team of crybaby, wusses that are so fragile they crumble when their booed...then we have a difference of opinion on what a professional hockey player should be - especially with the $$$ they make.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:45 PM
  #40
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Ok, if you want a team of crybaby, wusses that are so fragile they crumble when their booed...then we have a difference of opinion on what a professional hockey player should be - especially with the $$$ they make.
And how exactly did he crumble? He could have easily let in 5 goals after that and just stopped playing. Remember last year against Boston, game 5 I think, when he didn't freeze the puck and the Bruins destroyed us from that point on, every shot going in. That's crumbling, but nobody talked about it just because it didn't involve the fans, those poor fans that boo a player and are crybabies because the player responds...

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
  #41
DaHabMan
Registered User
 
DaHabMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Thats easy to say, mr. regular "fan".. stop blaming your defense? I never heard him blame the defense, even if he has every right to do so..and.. block the pucks? Thats like saying that he should play alone against 5 guys and still stop everything, because for real thats what it looked like at certain points (see Ryder beating 3 D after a beautifull pass by Hamrlik). But noo i'm sure even that goal was his fault... And him lifting his arms in the air was a SARCASTIC response to the SARCASTIC applauds by the fans. It was nothing cocky... he wasn't trying to prove anything, he even shook his head in disbelief after..

And if you were really sarcastic about your whole post sorry, but I still had to say all of this anyway
thx man, very good post

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
  #42
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Ok, if you want a team of crybaby, wusses that are so fragile they crumble when their booed...then we have a difference of opinion on what a professional hockey player should be - especially with the $$$ they make.
In what reality do you live in? They can make their millions somewhere else without having to put up with this crap - and it turns out the players leaving town are usually more successful the moment they play on another team. Montreal is the only place where you can see the fans vent their frustration on a 21 year old sophomore goalie.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:50 PM
  #43
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
What gesture can we do to him to remind him that he's not Patrick Roy ?
What a stupid comment, we all criticize the french media but yet some posters on this board are every bit as judgemental and narrow minded.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 04:53 PM
  #44
DaHabMan
Registered User
 
DaHabMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,241
vCash: 500
ok, this **** about him crying should just stop, it happened once and he was overwhelmed. In my book that makes him passionate and shows that he ****ing cares. You dont like him, great, but make some ****ing sense and state some rational opinions and facts instead of spewing your garbage about hes not good bla bla bla because hes just not good.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:04 PM
  #45
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Ok, if you want a team of crybaby, wusses that are so fragile they crumble when their booed...then we have a difference of opinion on what a professional hockey player should be - especially with the $$$ they make.
I'd prefer a half empty crowd than a full one of "hop on hop off" fans.*


and I'm pointing squarely at the Price bashers!


*Maybe then Ill be able to grab tickets!

Kikizaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:04 PM
  #46
Go Habs Go
Registered User
 
Go Habs Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,442
vCash: 500
Price and Gainey are right. The loss wasn't Price's fault, he played decent. For fans to do random booing is stupid and ignorant. Not to mention booing of the American national anthem which is just as ignorant. Conduct yourselves in a respectful and honorable fashion and you won't hear this annoying comments.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:07 PM
  #47
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
"Looking back on it I thought I could've held my composure more, I just wanted to remind people that booing doesn't always help."

Well I'm glad he admitted that it wasn't the greatest thing to do. I understand why he did it but it probably just encourages the idiot fans to boo more, plus it made him look emotionally weak.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:09 PM
  #48
knivez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Odds on him asking for a trade?

In that light, you know...Colorado really needs a goalie right about now...

knivez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:12 PM
  #49
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Good for him. Sure he could have played better for us this year, but he didn't deserve any of what went down last night.

Let's not run this kid out of town, seriously..
i'm really started to be annoyed by the fact that people tend to lop us all in the same category. I've heard it on the radio. Please don't include me under "Let's not run this kit out of town" because i wouldnt have booed or said his name the way these disgraceful "fans" did

"we" are not going to run him out of town. If anyone does it will be "them"

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 05:13 PM
  #50
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Price and Gainey are right. The loss wasn't Price's fault, he played decent. For fans to do random booing is stupid and ignorant. Not to mention booing of the American national anthem which is just as ignorant. Conduct yourselves in a respectful and honorable fashion and you won't hear this annoying comments.
You do realize that most of the guys who boo Price last night are not on those boards ???

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.